PDA

View Full Version : Vega Golf launches in Oz

FuzzyJuzzy
9th July 2015, 10:29 AM
Gents,

I work in the media in retail/business and was contacted yesterday about Vega Golf launching in Oz. Haven't had a chance to speak to them yet, but think their local launch is just a localised transactional website at this stage. Anyway, the below blurb is copied/pasted from a press release they sent me. Thought it might be of OzGolf interest at some level. Their blades look decent...
----

High end sport and leisure Golf manufacturer Vega Golf is now opened for business in Australia and New Zealand.

Japanese made, UK based, Vega Golf, has opened in Melbourne Australia and Christchurch New Zealand with direct website sales available at www.vegagolf.com.au (http://www.vegagolf.com.au) and www.vegagolf.co.nz (http://www.vegagolf.co.nz)
Offering Aussie’s and Kiwi’s an opportunity to purchase Japanese made clubs and accessories including;

· Truly Forged Blade and Cavity back irons - 3 to PW, available in 3 finishes – Brushed, Raw and Satin
· Wedges 48 to 60 degree in Brushed, Raw and Satin finish
· 9 to 11.5 degree Drivers
· 15 to 21 degree Fairway woods
· 2,3 & 4 Hybrids
· Limited Edition putters
· Accessories, Bags, Umbrellas, Towels, Caps, Balls and Gloves
· Japanese made Shimada shafts consisting of 10 models available in all flexes

Custom built clubs and personalized fittings available in AU & NZ

The ultimate in Golf sporting equipment
Contact details + 61 3 9594 1122
Sales@vegagolf.com.au
Sales@vegagolf.co.nz

PeteyD
9th July 2015, 10:32 AM
They have some exposure in the JDM websites. Not really one of the more established names. Nice clubs from what I can gather.

3Puttpete
9th July 2015, 10:44 AM
"Aussie's and Kiwi's"

Disappointing apostrophe crimes from a company claiming to be high end.

Icestorm959
9th July 2015, 11:32 AM
What's the resale value like on Vega?

Lagerlover
9th July 2015, 11:44 AM
Before or after 3pp's scathing criticism?

Dotty
9th July 2015, 12:09 PM
That's a relief.

I thought it was going to be another playing at Cascata story.

FuzzyJuzzy
9th July 2015, 01:05 PM
"Aussie's and Kiwi's"

Disappointing apostrophe crimes from a company claiming to be high end.

Hahaha. It's a well-known fact in media that PRs can't write for shit:).

Jazz18
9th July 2015, 01:43 PM
The Vega blades were in the Golfwrx best blade shoutout. Don't know anything more about them but they don't look too bad

FuzzyJuzzy
9th July 2015, 03:34 PM
A little more info from their Sales Exec:
"The way we are structured up at the moment is, we have our website and we have a factory outlet in Oakleigh East, Melbourne. Our counterpart in Christchurch has a studio set up as well."

freddy a
9th July 2015, 04:43 PM
The irons look very sexy especially the blades but their line up of woods doesn't look as exciting.

Pingsta
12th July 2015, 08:44 AM
I've been rocking the VM-02's for the better part of this year (I'm lead to believe, officially I may have been the first person in Oz to have a custom built set made here in Oz)

Finish & feel wise these are just as soft and well made as any other JDM irons I have played - Epon, Miura, Honma, Yamaha, OnOff, Fourteen to name a few.

I'm sure resale value won't be high as thier branding is not well know as yet but I personally like that fact that they are not well known and that everyone else plays them.

Any Melb guys are welcome to have a look at them in the flesh and give em a hit if you like.

P.S. My club builder, built me two demo drivers with multiple shaft combos just to try. He also did this for the range of irons. If anyone is serious about getting a set of these irons, woods, drivers, wedges etc shoot me a pm and i'll put you in contact with my builder as i'm sure he'll be able to work out a better deal.

cheers