PDA

View Full Version : SA: LLB- Vines - Flaggy Holden Scramble

wazamac
3rd July 2015, 08:21 AM
I've started a new thread to keep a tabs on player numbers.

So far:

LLB
Vines
HCP

Wazamac
Wazamac

Hard_Pan
Hard_Pan

Highballin
Highballin

The Collective

Chilled
Chilled

Hatchman

Hard_Pan2

HatchDad

20ish

Lets try and get 2 teams in each!
Let me know if there is anything wrong!:)

highballin
3rd July 2015, 09:40 AM
I'm out of Flaggy didn't realise it was a Friday job

wazamac
14th July 2015, 08:59 AM
I have just placed two bookings with Lady Bay for the Scramble. I can either go down and get the forms to fill in or we can just get there a little bit earlier.
Lets see if we can get another 3 players so no-one misses out.

Hard_Pan
14th July 2015, 02:34 PM
Looking at the numbers as they stand right now, someone will have to miss out on LLB. That being the case, (hopefully some others will join but if not), as I've posted above, I'll be prepared to set aside so no longer standing member misses out.

wazamac
14th July 2015, 03:00 PM
Looking at the numbers as they stand right now, someone will have to miss out on LLB. That being the case, (hopefully some others will join but if not), as I've posted above, I'll be prepared to set aside so no longer standing member misses out.

I'll be asking a few people on the weekend if they would be interested to play. If not there is always usually someone at the club who needs an extra player or two. Got a couple of weeks to potentially find a couple.

Chilled
14th July 2015, 08:13 PM
Looking at the numbers as they stand right now, someone will have to miss out on LLB. That being the case, (hopefully some others will join but if not), as I've posted above, I'll be prepared to set aside so no longer standing member misses out.I think I was last in so I'm happy to pull out if there's too many for LLB.

wazamac
14th July 2015, 08:15 PM
I think I was last in so I'm happy to pull out if there's too many for LLB.

Isn't it too cold to be pulling anything out?:)

Hatchman
14th July 2015, 08:45 PM
I'm in for LLB guys.
Do we need to list handicaps to work things out for 2 teams?
There's a min and max total a team can have.

wazamac
15th July 2015, 01:29 PM
I'm in for LLB guys.
Do we need to list handicaps to work things out for 2 teams?
There's a min and max total a team can have.

I've added you to the list. Decided to drop the Flaggy as it is a Friday, I also added a column for handicaps.
These obviously might change slightly, especially the way I've been swinging lately.:(

Handicap Requirements:

All players must use their CURRENT GA Handicap on the day of the Local Event (not any Club Handicap) to determine Daily Handicap.The maximum GA Handicap is 36.4 for males and 45.4 for females.
The maximum Daily Handicap is 36.0 for males and 45.0 for females.
The four team members' aggregate GA Handicap must total at least 32.0.
The maximum aggregate GA Handicap is 112.0. The maximum aggregate GA Handicap for the Women's Only Holden Scramble is 132.0A maximum of two single figure handicap (9.9 or less) players based on individual’s GA Handicap are allowed in each team at the Local/District EventFor example:
8.7 + 11.1 + 1.4 + 10.2 = 31.4 (ineligible)
13.5 + 12.7 + 8.3 + 2.4 = 36.9 (eligible)
2.3 + 11.7 +25.3 + 27.2 = 66.5 (eligible)
1.3 + 5.7 + 9.9 + 28.7 = 45.6 (ineligible, team consisting of more than two single figure handicappers)
5.6 + 28.3 + 34.8 + 43.5 female = 112.2 (ineligible mixed event, team aggregate GA Handicap must not exceed 112.0 for Mixed event and 132.0 for Women’s Only events)To determine the net score on the day of the Local Event, team members’ GA Handicaps are adjusted as per the Slope Rating of the tees being played from to determine their Daily Handicaps. The aggregate Daily Handicap is divided by 8 to determine the team Daily Handicap. The resulting figure is then subtracted from the team's score for the Ambrose 18-hole event.For example:
Team aggregate Daily Handicap of 54 divided by 8 = 6.75
Team scratch score = 70
Net score = 63.25 (70 minus 6.75)Note: Women are to use the Slope Rating from their respective tees to determine their Daily HandicapThe team's aggregate GA Handicap (not Daily handicap) established at the Local Event is the base aggregate handicap for the Championship.

Hard_Pan
15th July 2015, 03:28 PM
My GA after this weekend (thanks to a flag round dropping off), will likely be in the vicinity of 10.6-7. That being the case, I think (with the higher slope ratings than NH), my handicap should be 12 for the Vines and 13 for LLB.

Hatchman
15th July 2015, 06:24 PM
Current GA 5.3 here.

Chilled
17th July 2015, 08:27 AM
9.4 here.

Hatchman
17th July 2015, 11:10 AM
Waz is single digits. Highballin would have to be very close to singles or not too at a guess.
Need to recruit some hcp to fill the spots.

Hard_Pan
17th July 2015, 11:33 AM
I have a mate who is a 17 marker (bringing him to the Gawler ambrose this weekend), who might fit the bill. I'll ask him this weekend if that's OK.

Actually come to think of it, I've got some other mates who are in the 20s who might want to come along.

All three joined me at wazamac's recent ambrose at the vines.

wazamac
17th July 2015, 11:46 AM
Sign them up to join the nuthouse!!!:) More the merrier.

Hard_Pan
17th July 2015, 12:17 PM
I have mentioned it.. work in progress :)

Hatchman
17th July 2015, 03:07 PM
Have PM'd coalesce and he's a definite out so we definitely need 2 non single digits to be safe with numbers.
Will be good if your mates can join in Hard_Pan.

highballin
18th July 2015, 02:25 AM
9.7 here

Hard_Pan
18th July 2015, 02:14 PM
The 17 marker I mentioned above is keen to join us at LLB. There might be others. We'll see..

Hard_Pan
20th July 2015, 11:57 AM
I've got one more 20+ marker but he's a light pencil for either at this stage..

Seems we're right with the foursome down so far for The Vines, in terms of aggregate GA handicap 38, but will highballin's 9.7 be rounded up or not? If not, we'll need another double figure marker and add some dilema.

Same goes for LLB. We'll need two - with added dilema.

Hatchman
20th July 2015, 01:41 PM
I've got one more 20+ marker but he's a light pencil for either at this stage..

Seems we're right with the foursome down so far for The Vines, in terms of aggregate GA handicap 38, but will highballin's 9.7 be rounded up or not? If not, we'll need another double figure marker and add some dilema.

Same goes for LLB. We'll need two - with added dilema.

It goes by your exact GA.
Maximum of 2 singles per group.

wazamac
20th July 2015, 02:47 PM
Is this with the slope rating of the course, cause with my current GA calculated at slope of 140 (LLB) it comes out to exactly 10.0.

Hard_Pan
20th July 2015, 03:09 PM
Doesn't appear to matter wazamac; I should have read this bit from the Holden Scramble Rules more carefully..

"A maximum of two single figure handicap (9.9 or less) players based on individual’s GA Handicap are allowed in each team."

So Hatch appears to be right, which really is counter to the whole idea of slope ratings when you think about it..

wazamac
20th July 2015, 03:16 PM
Let's get anchoring!!!:)

Hard_Pan
20th July 2015, 03:19 PM
Funny you should say that because I did my darnedest to drag highballing down to my level yesterday! :) Who knows.. might've done the trick!?!

wazamac
27th July 2015, 08:39 AM
Hey Guys, Putting it out there that we need another player over 9.9 HCP. PM sent to TC for his HCP. another 3 games before I drop off a 4 so hopefully I will blow out a little bit.
Worked it out and it should drop off on the Saturday before the scramble.

Hatchman
27th July 2015, 09:17 AM
Called in to see my dad on the way home from Blackwood.
He's very keen for Lady Bay and on around 20hcp. Won't know he's a definite lock until the end of the week thou as he stuck a fish hook through a finger fishing a couple of weeks ago at Coffin Bay. They had to cut the length of his finger to get it out. Has Dr apt to get stitches out and see how well it's mended back together later in the week.

Hard_Pan
27th July 2015, 10:03 AM
Only need three fingers to hold a club Hatch.. Seriously though, that sounds nasty and I hope he gets better soon.

For mine; a couple of flag rounds gone over the weekend and I've blown out to 11.2.. eep!

No fear of me getting under 9.9 before LLB I guess. :lol:

Hatchman
27th July 2015, 10:14 AM
I haven't seen the damage but I don't think it would be pretty as he hacked into it width ways trying to expose the barb on the boat so they could try pull it out and keep fishing, bloody idiot.

Hard_Pan
27th July 2015, 10:19 AM
Yowch! Tough as nails by the sounds.. :)

thecollective
27th July 2015, 10:45 PM
Guys: my bro could be player no 8. He has a hcp higher than 10 as well. Will let you know

Chilled
28th July 2015, 09:45 AM
The dates are 9th for LLB and 30th for Vines right? The reason I mention this is because I have five games before the 9th, with 4 flags falling off.....aye carumba!....and I'm not playing too well at the moment so there's a very good chance I'll be blowing out from 9 to 10 something by the time LLB on the 9th.

coalesce
28th July 2015, 10:51 AM
Lucky the Vines is an easy course :)

Chilled
28th July 2015, 10:55 AM
Lucky the Vines is an easy course :)I've never heard anyone say it was an 'easy' course :D

Hatchman
28th July 2015, 01:25 PM
The dates are 9th for LLB and 30th for Vines right? The reason I mention this is because I have five games before the 9th, with 4 flags falling off.....aye carumba!....and I'm not playing too well at the moment so there's a very good chance I'll be blowing out from 9 to 10 something by the time LLB on the 9th.

You may also put in a couple of good ones and go lower :D

wazamac
28th July 2015, 02:26 PM
We will have to have a HCP update after the weekends play. LLB Teams look pretty set up as long as the 8th player is in double digits.
Vines is a little different though.

Chilled
28th July 2015, 02:41 PM
You may also put in a couple of good ones and go lower :Dyeah right!

thecollective
28th July 2015, 04:55 PM
yeah right!

use the force Luke!

Hatchman
28th July 2015, 06:33 PM
My Dads a confirmed in for Lady Bay Waz.
Stitches came out today, all good. Not sure of exact GA but it would be 20-21

highballin
28th July 2015, 07:56 PM
Stitches came out today, all good. Not sure of exact GA but it would be 20-21

Good work Hatch!

Chilled
28th July 2015, 08:09 PM
Stitches came out today, all good. Not sure of exact GA but it would be 20-21You guys are NOT swapping cards! :p

Hatchman
28th July 2015, 08:44 PM
You guys are NOT swapping cards! :p

Why not? :razz:

wazamac
29th July 2015, 08:40 AM
Good work Hatch. Full field for LLB.
Any preferences for the teams? I was thinking
TEAM 1 Wazamac, Highballin, Hard_Pan, Hard_Pan2 = 46ish
TEAM 2 Hatchman, Chilled, TC, HatchDad. = 47ish

Let me know if this doesn't suit.
Just remember I have never played the Bay so I wouldn't have a clue about the course (or my swing at the moment!):D

Chilled
29th July 2015, 08:55 AM
Just remember I have never played the Bay so I wouldn't have a clue about the course (or my swing at the moment!):DOh goodie, a lady boy virgin....we'll get you sorted don't worry :D Now with payment etc, how much and who do we owe?

Hard_Pan
29th July 2015, 11:53 AM
All good here.. Happy to forward the funds if required.. ($35.00?), I suppose we fill out the forms on the day?

Hatchman
29th July 2015, 01:22 PM
Good work Hatch. Full field for LLB.
Any preferences for the teams? I was thinking
TEAM 1 Wazamac, Highballin, Hard_Pan, Hard_Pan2 = 46ish
TEAM 2 Hatchman, Chilled, TC, HatchDad. = 47ish

Just remember I have never played the Bay so I wouldn't have a clue about the course (or my swing at the moment!):D

Those teams look good as you have listed Waz.

The Hatchery plus my Mum & Dad are staying in the cabins at the beach side Caravan Park for a weekeder (min 2 day stay for cabin).
What's the odds of a Grizwold family weekender? for those new to the forum if you have some spare time http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/40104-Grizwold-Family-Holidays-Outings?highlight=

wazamac
31st July 2015, 01:12 PM
All confirmed for two groups.
They asked for us to get there at 11am to fill in the forms and pay.

Cheers

Hard_Pan
31st July 2015, 01:35 PM
11am? Phew! I was expecting a much earlier start..

highballin
31st July 2015, 03:38 PM
All confirmed for two groups.
They asked for us to get there at 11am to fill in the forms and pay.

Cheers

Thanks Waz

thecollective
31st July 2015, 03:45 PM
I will be travelling from the North via South Rd, If anyone wants a lift please let me know.

My new car has a good amount of space for bags etc.

TC

Hard_Pan
31st July 2015, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the offer TC but I'm taking HP2 (lol! have to get his his own handle!), down. Was going to offer HB a lift (he's just down the road!!), but.. HP2 got in there first and my car's only so big. :D

Hatchman
3rd August 2015, 08:18 PM
I did the wrong thing by the team on the weekend and lost another 0.2 :cry:
Had an average score and got bent over by a DSR of 75 :shock:

Chilled
3rd August 2015, 08:22 PM
I did the wrong thing by the team on the weekend and lost another 0.2 :cry:
Had an average score and got bent over by a DSR of 75 :shock:Yeah tough conditions on the weekend....sat 76 and sun 75 at kooey. 29 got me a flag, what the!?? Average scores FTW!

highballin
3rd August 2015, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the offer TC but I'm taking HP2 (lol! have to get his his own handle!), down. Was going to offer HB a lift (he's just down the road!!), but.. HP2 got in there first and my car's only so big. :D

All good I am picking Chilled up on the way

wazamac
3rd August 2015, 08:54 PM
I feel sorry for my team as I was battling to break 100 on the weekend. I think my ball has one massive headache from the pounding into the ground.
Anchor, here I come!!!

coalesce
3rd August 2015, 09:00 PM
At least it was a quick round I heard :)

wazamac
3rd August 2015, 09:08 PM
2hrs 45mins with 198 shots between us:)
Feels like I should be going back to ten pin bowling for a while, or a holiday.

Hard_Pan
3rd August 2015, 09:47 PM
Nothing to feel bad about wazamac; atrocious conditions on the weekend. Like I mentioned in another thread, we had 14 starters for 16 positions for the chance to progress to play for a trophy and 9 DQ'ed!

highballin
3rd August 2015, 10:12 PM
2hrs 45mins with 198 shots between us:)
Feels like I should be going back to ten pin bowling for a while, or a holiday.

Thanks Waz you made me feel better about my mediocrity on the weekend :o

Chilled
5th August 2015, 09:56 AM
Thanks Waz you made me feel better about my mediocrity on the weekend :oWaza always makes me feel good about my game :D Hmmm, could be an interesting day, 16C, possible shower, 27km/hr northerly winds. 75 DSR? Should be a great day! :D

wazamac
5th August 2015, 04:00 PM
As of last Saturday there was only 4 entries in at the Vines, need 14 to make it a comp. We will see how many more sign up over the next few weeks.

Hard_Pan
5th August 2015, 04:14 PM
The Gawler Ambrose Highballin invited me to recently got cancelled due to poor numbers. Hmmmm... don't people like ambroses or something??

Hatchman
5th August 2015, 05:02 PM
Ambrose comps used to be few and far between and were popular years ago.
So many on to chose from these days people might be all ambrosed out.
Add in some of the scores that get posted at these games raises eye brows and questions the legitimacy of said score puts some people off.
I play them for the fun and a hit with mates, any extra e.g prizes is a bonus not the intent of the day.

Hard_Pan
5th August 2015, 05:06 PM
They're fun if you don't take them too seriously.. like any other golf game.. For me, they suit my lack of concentration over any more than a couple of shots to a tee! :)

wazamac
5th August 2015, 05:33 PM
I remember that last year it was the same, but seem to pickup with about a week to go.
True about the questionable scores. I just really enjoy ambroses cause I think it just takes the pressure off a bit and I can relax.
Maybe I just talked myself into a resolution for my own troubles - RELAX!!:roll:

Chilled
6th August 2015, 08:21 AM
Relax! Dont do it, when ya wanna go to it....

thecollective
6th August 2015, 12:21 PM
IMO based on the reputation that many have noted there is no way you can take a Holden cheat-ball seriously. Last year a number of groups were declined entry at my home club as they were spotted cheating from the year before. Like the others I am there to have a fun round on a course that plays fantastic in the winter.

See you Sunday

TC

Chilled
6th August 2015, 01:02 PM
Probably the closest many of us will get to playing the old course. LLB is always a special treat once or twice a year.

wazamac
6th August 2015, 02:37 PM
It will be a special treat for us Ladyboy virgins!:)

Hard_Pan
6th August 2015, 03:10 PM
It will be a special treat for us Ladyboy virgins!:) I think I played there many many moons ago and didn't enjoy it because of the wind but eager to have another crack at it with fresh eyes and having played more regularly since. HP2 hasn't played there before either, come to think of it. Really looking forward to it! :)

Chilled
6th August 2015, 03:24 PM
Well it is links-ish golf, so I'd almost be a little dissapointed if there wasn't any wind HP :p

Waza: we will school you in the ways of lady boy :D

thecollective
6th August 2015, 03:50 PM
Well it is links-ish golf, so I'd almost be a little dissapointed if there wasn't any wind HP :p

Waza: we will school you in the ways of lady boy :D

There is a simple rule to live by at Lady Boy: Dont go F***ing Left!

TC

Hard_Pan
6th August 2015, 03:54 PM
No fear of me going left the moment TC. And I don't think the distance I've been sending the ball right with some of my drives lately, will serve me well there either! ;)

Chilled
6th August 2015, 04:08 PM
There is a simple rule to live by at Lady Boy: Dont go F***ing Left!
Hmm, maybe that's why I usually do ok at that course. Thinking through all the holes that's very correct, although there is also danger hitting right in parts. Some guy once told me, there's never any danger in golf when you hit straight. Maybe one day I'll be able to confirm this advice.

wazamac
6th August 2015, 04:10 PM
Only on the doglegs

Hatchman
6th August 2015, 08:22 PM
Only on the doglegs

Yep, much trouble with a straight on 13 for me.
That's why I hit 3 wood and ***k it.
This hole will be someone else's in the group [emoji13]

Chilled
6th August 2015, 08:28 PM
Yep, much trouble with a straight on 13 for me.
That's why I hit 3 wood and ***k it.Don't think I've ever seen anyone hit a driver on 13.....always a wood. Driver will get most in trouble on 13.

Hatchman
6th August 2015, 08:41 PM
Don't think I've ever seen anyone hit a driver on 13.....always a wood. Driver will get most in trouble on 13.

Off the back tee tight down the RHS and it's just a chip for easy bird. Anything left of that line is trouble. Any thing right of that line is trouble finding.

I'm counting on you for this hole buddy. Safety works for you, it don't work for me.

Hatchman
6th August 2015, 08:49 PM
With is being cool I hopefully won't see any snakes.
Last 2 games I played there I've had encounters with snakes. Brown in November at the back of 7 and Black near the water alongside the green on 14 in January.

Chilled
6th August 2015, 08:50 PM
I'm counting on you for this hole buddy. Safety works for you, it don't work for me.Birdied it last time or second last time I was there so maybe I'll come through :D

It's easy to get very messed up on that hole though, if you're not careful.

No snakes in winter :p

thecollective
7th August 2015, 11:23 AM
Too cold for snakes Hatch; only potential wildlife hazard will be swooping Magpies - season starts mid August.

There are always loads of em at Lady Boy on the back nine - umbrella works a treat

TC

wazamac
7th August 2015, 12:12 PM
I think a driver works well for magpies, good thing too cause it will only be in my bag for that reason.:D

highballin
7th August 2015, 08:00 PM
Just checking what time do we tee off?

Chilled
7th August 2015, 08:38 PM
All I can see from this thread is to get down there by 11am.

Hatchman
7th August 2015, 10:23 PM
Just checking what time do we tee off?

It's a 12:00 Shot Gun Start according to Holden scramble site.

Next to check in and fill out entries at 11:00

Chilled
8th August 2015, 06:04 PM
It's a 12:00 Shot Gun Start according to Holden scramble site.

Next to check in and fill out entries at 11:00Hopefully we end up with a close tee.....some of those back 9 tee spots will be 10 minutes to walk to.

highballin
8th August 2015, 07:44 PM

Hatchman
8th August 2015, 08:34 PM
It's been great here today, arrived around 1pm. Cool and 16 but sun was out all day and not windy.

Chilled
8th August 2015, 08:58 PM
It's been great here today, arrived around 1pm. Cool and 16 but sun was out all day and not windy.If it's anything like Kooey today then we are in for great weather day tomorrow. Just your perfect winters day.

Chilled
9th August 2015, 08:20 AM
Looks like an absolute cracker of a day out there! Kitcheners here we come ;)

Hard_Pan
9th August 2015, 08:49 AM
There's not an actual weather station at Normanville. Closest one is Parawa but that's a bit inland and on top of a hill.. In any case, going off that it's max is 14, windy with showers increasing.. Bag's absolutely stuffed with different clothing options.. :)

Hatchman
9th August 2015, 09:43 AM
It's blue cloudy sky here this morning with a light breeze.

Hatchman
9th August 2015, 08:04 PM
Wind picked up from when I posted and it was brutal out there until it died off later in the afternoon.

No OzGolf teams going to finals from this game [emoji53]

A fun day was had with mates all the same. Too many soft bogies in Hatch group from all hitting very poor seconds on some of the tough holes leaving way too much to do to scrounge a par.

Hard_Pan
9th August 2015, 08:42 PM
+1 for the wind and the fun day..

waza's group fared a little better but nowhere near the winner's group. :?

THE Highlight was the eagle on the 18th due firstly to a magnificent drive by wazamac and then a spectacular 3 wood to within 8 feet (?) of the pin from highballin which he then calmly slotted; after everyone else had missed! :D

No low-lights whatsoever from this group.. just good golf, great company and lots of fun.

Not to be unmentioned, the course was in great condition and the weather (despite the wind earlier in the day), held off with only a few spots on the way up from Adelaide and on the way back.

Would definitely go back and give this course another go with the fellas.

highballin
9th August 2015, 09:17 PM
We had a cracker of a day. Captain Waza led from the front after giving us some concerns early:lol:

Once we all had our tee shot quota done we basically played H_p1's drive. H_p2 dragged us out of the mire a couple of times when all looked lost. Captain Waza was on fire around the back 9 and topped it off with an up and down out of the bunker for par on our last hole.

Was happy with my putting which was solid for most of the day.

But all in all as a team we all pitched in. Almost every time when it all looked like turning to sh*t the last person either hit the fairway made the green or sunk the putt.

2bogeys, 4birdies & 1eagle And it was tough going early.

Thanks for a great day guys :wink:

Hatchman
9th August 2015, 09:51 PM
4 bogies and 5 birdies for team Hatch.

We started on the 8th and bogeyed 9, 10, 11 and 5.
Birdies on 13, 15, 18, 3 and 7

Only 11 or 12 shots behind the winning net :)

thecollective
9th August 2015, 10:07 PM
Lots of fun guys thanks for the hit, my iron play was complete [emoji90]. Need to get to the range and sort out some serious issues

wazamac
10th August 2015, 10:05 AM
Great fun, first time on the course and now not a virgin!:D
Really enjoyed the layout with some tricky holes and pin placements. Truly an left handers course.
Winning score was ridiculous( as usual) but there to have fun.
Can't wait to go back and see how I would do on my own merits.
Thanks to the teams for a great day out.

Hatchman
10th August 2015, 12:36 PM
Great fun, first time on the course and now not a virgin!:D
Really enjoyed the layout with some tricky holes and pin placements. Truly an left handers course.
Winning score was ridiculous( as usual) but there to have fun.
Can't wait to go back and see how I would do on my own merits.
Thanks to the teams for a great day out.

8 under for 53?-54? i think it was wasn't it?
At 53 their average handicap of the 4 players was 22 :shock:
Team Hatch would have to have shot around 12/13 under :roll:

wazamac
10th August 2015, 02:40 PM
8 under for 53?-54? i think it was wasn't it?
At 53 their average handicap of the 4 players was 22 :shock:
Team Hatch would have to have shot around 12/13 under :roll:

True that! 8 under with a combined handicap total of 72, in that wind, on probably one of the hardest courses in SA!
I DON'T THINK SO. Not even the top Pros on there own terms would get close to that score yesterday.
Even when we were on the 18th Simon told us that the best so far was 2 under, so for the rest of the day they would
have had to pretty much get birdies on all of the remaining holes.
You can drive around and check as much as you like but still can't check what score is actually written down.
Until they have two teams playing together and swapping cards, it will continue being called cheat-ball.

Hard_Pan
10th August 2015, 03:08 PM
Until they have two teams playing together and swapping cards, it will continue being called cheat-ball. They did that at the NH Scramble earlier this year.. Makes a world of sense to me..

Didn't help my team that day :roll:.. but we certainly kept the other team in check!!:twisted:

Chilled
10th August 2015, 05:31 PM
Was a good day, I really enjoyed it......being on one of my favouriet courses also helps I guess. Just absolutely brutal weather to start the round and we were straight into it on our early holes....which made it hard to get a good start. When the wind settled a little some better scores came. Quite a few people down there which I was a bit surprised with.

Would have been nice for Holden to send a rep down for the presentation but anyways, LLB put on a great spread after the game, plus the free golf balls......makes for a great value day all round!

Thanks Highballin for the lift down and TC for the lift back!

We managed to stop off at the famous bakery and Highballin and I started the day with some kitch.....nope...haha.....no kitcheners.....just some custard and jam donuts :D

Lagerlover
10th August 2015, 07:31 PM
Invite would've been nice...

wazamac
12th August 2015, 06:40 PM
I will have a check on the weekend re numbers for the Vines Scramble. The way it stands at the moment we will be fine with HCP criteria.

Hard_Pan
12th August 2015, 06:58 PM
Looking forward to it... hope it goes ahead!!

wazamac
12th August 2015, 07:08 PM
Looking forward to utilising your drives again:D and highballin's approaches:D

Hard_Pan
12th August 2015, 10:16 PM
Thanks for your vote of confidence waza! Ha ha! And we can't overlook your approach shots (and your putting), either!! ;)

wazamac
17th August 2015, 07:55 PM
We have about 11 teams at the moment so looks promising.

Hard_Pan
17th August 2015, 07:58 PM
Excellent! :)

Chilled
22nd August 2015, 08:23 PM
So vines still on for next sunday?

nadg63
23rd August 2015, 12:48 PM
So vines still on for next sunday?

The latest on The Vines website is that they still need another five teams to enter to run it!? (though that was posted on August 19th)

Best check with Waza!

coalesce
23rd August 2015, 01:25 PM
As of yesterday they needed 2 more I think waz said today

thecollective
23rd August 2015, 02:45 PM
Coalesce, Hatch, Someone else are you free next Sunday? happy to help out to get this event going ahead.

TC

coalesce
23rd August 2015, 03:45 PM
Nah it's a noon start so no good for me. Also not keen on paying to play my home course with a format I don't like against a bunch of cheats

Other than that, I'm in :)

thecollective
23rd August 2015, 03:46 PM
Nah it's a noon start so no good for me. Also not keen on paying to play my home course with a format I don't like against a bunch of cheats

Other than that, I'm in :)

was worth a shot, im not a fan either of the cheats, but I quite enjoy the the format and the social team work aspect that it brings.

TC

Hard_Pan
23rd August 2015, 06:13 PM
I think Hard_Pan2 may not be available for this but there might be more HPs where he came from! Ha ha! We'll see how the numbers stack up.. and no guarantees because I did ask before and noone put their hand up..

thecollective
23rd August 2015, 10:26 PM
to be honest Hard Pan its a long way to travel for me so unless we had the numbers straight off the bat its not worth even trying.

would be a shame to see it cancelled - all those cheats would have to find another way to satisfy their 'winning' fetish

TC

Chilled
24th August 2015, 08:10 AM
Sounds all too hard :(

wazamac
24th August 2015, 06:52 PM
The pro is 99% sure it will go ahead. Flagstaff had the same problem but landed heaps of groups in the last two days prior.
Just need to make sure Highballin doesn't have a good round before then.

highballin
24th August 2015, 07:26 PM
Just need to make sure Highballin doesn't have a good round before then.

29pts on Sat out to 11.1 just doing my bit for the team:)

Hard_Pan
24th August 2015, 08:13 PM
I've got a flag round (9.9), ageing off this week so I'll probably be on around 11.3 by Sunday..:-s

Hatchman
24th August 2015, 08:48 PM
I'm unavailable for any Golf that weekend.

Have fun guys.

Chilled
24th August 2015, 08:49 PM
I'm keeping my end of the bargain, I'm down half a shot to 8.9 :p

Hatchman
24th August 2015, 08:52 PM

Looks like it all going to plan for S.A champs ��

nadg63
24th August 2015, 10:12 PM

You bought some new trousers HMSS76?

highballin
24th August 2015, 10:26 PM

Just farming away quietly here =P~

wazamac
25th August 2015, 07:59 AM

9 more points than me!

Chilled
25th August 2015, 09:29 AM
Just farming away quietly here =P~So what you're saying is it's all aboard the SS Anchor eh? weeeeeeeeee.....down she goes!!

coalesce
25th August 2015, 09:31 AM
I thought I was doing that myself, but somehow 30pts at the weekend is a flag and I got cut?!

Chilled
25th August 2015, 09:40 AM
That tends to happen with a high DSR, or you're not playing too well and replacing good games dropping off with bad ones. Or a combination of both. You probably did well in comparison to the rest of the field who did crap.

coalesce
25th August 2015, 09:59 AM
Yeah DSR was 74. I'm being punished for others tanking for champs more effectively than me!

Hatchman
25th August 2015, 10:15 AM
You bought some new trousers HMSS76?

No

wazamac
25th August 2015, 02:49 PM
Yeah DSR was 74. I'm being punished for others tanking for champs more effectively than me!

Stop driving the ball so straight and you might have a chance!:D

nadg63
25th August 2015, 04:09 PM
No

Avatar is what got me thinking that :)

Chilled
25th August 2015, 07:04 PM
Stop driving the ball so straight and you might have a chance!:DWe can't all hit like you waza :(

wazamac
25th August 2015, 07:09 PM
We can't all hit like you waza :(

10m along the ground into a prickly bush. Who would want too.

Chilled
26th August 2015, 06:57 PM
Do we know if this is definitely on now?

wazamac
27th August 2015, 10:22 AM
16 teams and counting. IT'S ON!!

Chilled
27th August 2015, 10:27 AM
16 teams and counting. IT'S ON!!Ok cool, I'll cancel my sunday morning kooey booking now :p

Hard_Pan
27th August 2015, 01:50 PM
Good stuff!! :)

coalesce
29th August 2015, 05:50 PM
Watch out at the Vines tomorrow. The greens were considerably quicker than they have been there recently and they are getting another cut tomorrow! I'd say a lot more greens were as slick as the 15th usually is

Course was in good condition tho. Have a good day!

coalesce
29th August 2015, 05:51 PM
Oh and wazamac I'm out for the morning round tomorrow sorry

Hard_Pan
29th August 2015, 08:09 PM
I trust wazamac, HB and Chilled - you guys are all still in for tomorrow??

12 noon shot gun start?

HB, want a lift?

Hatchman
29th August 2015, 08:14 PM

12 noon shot gun start?

HB, want a lift?

They should be prime for cheatball as no good ones were wasted today at Tanunda [emoji13]

highballin
29th August 2015, 08:30 PM

12 noon shot gun start?

HB, want a lift?

Yeah all good. Will find my own way have some errands to run in the morning.

Hard_Pan
29th August 2015, 08:46 PM
Yeah all good. Will find my own way have some errands to run in the morning. No probs. See you there! :)

wazamac
30th August 2015, 08:26 PM
Good day for a hit and giggle. Managed 5 under the card. Good to see that the scores were realistic and considering we were only 3 shots from winning and couldn't even get in the top six, we had a reasonable chance. Thanks guys for the hit. Off to get the dencorub out now.

Chilled
30th August 2015, 08:34 PM
Yeah that was fun. I even sunk a couple of long distance clutch putts for once! Nice crowd, great turn out, pro shop staff lovely as always...and some good laughs from the guys along the way. I reckon we easily left 3 maybe 4 shots out there, so could have been right up there in the mix......but we held some good putts so it all evens out I guess. Weather was just blisteringly perfect for winter : ) Scores were definitely more realistic unlike LLB Scramble.

Hard_Pan
30th August 2015, 08:52 PM
Echoing the comments above - great day, great company.

Feel a bit of a fare evader, riding the Chilled, wazamac, highballin bus today; especially regarding the putts you guys were sinking! ;)

Given the realistic scoring, I'd say this one is the one to play next year - if you were going for a possible win..

Chilled
30th August 2015, 09:23 PM
Good to have you on the scamble bus HP. That was a monster drive on 16, which gave us an easy chip and putt for bird!

highballin
30th August 2015, 09:31 PM
Thanks Partners was a good day again. Chilled and Waz sunk some great putts. We weren't far off the mark, beautiful day to be out on the course. Vines was in good nick. Always enjoyable to play The Vines.

wazamac
30th August 2015, 09:59 PM
Sing out if anyone is interested in the last month of scrambles eg. Mt Barker, Mt O'SoHilly, McCraken. I'd be interested.
I think that Coalesce might be organising September for his last win, but we might be able to work around this somehow.

coalesce
30th August 2015, 10:23 PM
I'm happy to wait until October. Got plenty on over the next few weeks so I don't know how much I'll be playing anyway

Hatchman
30th August 2015, 10:42 PM
Mt Bog Hilly is a definite no for me. Will have a think about the others.

Hard_Pan
31st August 2015, 09:23 AM
Put me down waz - definitely for one of those three, particularly if numbers/handicap requirements are at play but that said, I'm equally happy to let someone who can putt better than me hasn't had a go yet take my place. ;)

highballin
6th September 2015, 07:00 AM
Well after another shocker yesterday in 2nd round of Club Champs I am available for ambrose next 2 weekends if any one wants to play in one

Hard_Pan
6th September 2015, 10:32 AM
Bad luck HB.. As stated above, I'm keen for another crack.. Had a look on the HS site and the following dates come up - 13/9 Mt Barker, 20/9 Mt Osmond and 27/9 McKraken or Highercombe or Stirling.

I was actually going to post an invite for a round at Victor Harbor on the 27/9 as my wife might be down that way for a horse event on that weekend (and it's half price green fees there atm), but I could be convinced to do the HS a McKraken that Sunday instead.. Can do Mt Barker HS next Sunday and normal round at VH on 27 maybe?

highballin
6th September 2015, 10:53 AM
I won't be here on 27th but can do Mt Barker if we can get a team

Hatchman
6th September 2015, 12:19 PM
I'm a yes in dark pencil for Mt Barker 13th.
Should be able to confirm definite status by tonight.

Hard_Pan
6th September 2015, 10:02 PM
Cool! OK, I might call Mt Barker tomorrow and find out how they're traveling teams numbers wise.

wazamac
7th September 2015, 09:37 AM
I can be be available for Mt. Barker next weekend. Put me down.

Hatchman
7th September 2015, 10:03 AM
I'm in for Mt Barker.
The Minister knows and I'm still here.

Hard_Pan
7th September 2015, 10:25 AM
Right. We're in. 12.00noon shotgun start, Sunday 13 September. Hatch, waza, HB and myself so far.... could we we get enough numbers to do another group maybe?

Started a new Mt Barker HS thread as this one is getting a bit crowded.