PDA

View Full Version : Haven't seen a forged V cast thread for a while

3oneday
2nd July 2015, 08:35 AM
http://www.golfwrx.com/312448/what-really-determines-feel-in-an-iron/

"In the test, one in three players reported a softer feel from the club that had forged written on it, so just the word “forged” creates a particular thought in a golfer’s mind."

I think clubs vary in feel from one manufacturer to the next, but I don't reckon I can tell the diff between forged and cast.

benno_r
2nd July 2015, 08:37 AM
http://www.golfwrx.com/312448/what-really-determines-feel-in-an-iron/

"In the test, one in three players reported a softer feel from the club that had forged written on it, so just the word “forged” creates a particular thought in a golfer’s mind."

I think clubs vary in feel from one manufacturer to the next, but I don't reckon I can tell the diff between forged and cast.

I find that I rarely hit the sweet spot, so they all feel like crap to me.

mrbluu
2nd July 2015, 08:38 AM
Has this helped u buy stuff???

Captain Nemo
2nd July 2015, 09:08 AM
I dremmel "forged" on the hosels on my irons just for this very purpose.

PeteyD
2nd July 2015, 09:19 AM
Just write it on with a sharpie

TheNuclearOne
2nd July 2015, 09:42 AM
Softest feel i've found is the TM forged with the ARP stamp. Always found the NWRNTY stamped TM felt a bit harsh.

3oneday
2nd July 2015, 09:43 AM
Do you guys all hit it off the hosel?

Dotty
2nd July 2015, 09:47 AM
You shouldn't clean the faces of forged clubs.

The layer of grass and dirt adds to the softness.

live4golf
2nd July 2015, 09:51 AM

LarryLong
2nd July 2015, 09:57 AM
I engrave CAST onto the heads of my irons so that the ball can feel it.

pauly
2nd July 2015, 01:50 PM
put on some ear muffs and pick which one is softer ... lol

Yossarian
2nd July 2015, 01:52 PM
Not even trolling, but the forged JDM stuff I have hit have been the worst feeling clubs I have ever experienced.

Hard_Pan
2nd July 2015, 02:26 PM
Many, many years ago, when I'd barely begun to play golf, I found myself and a demo day at a local driving range. Not knowing any better, I wandered around grabbing the odd iron here and there and having a few swings. Well, I found myself with a blade of some make and variety which I completely by accident pured, straight as a dye. I thought to myself, "wow! that was buttery soft!" I've since read that countless times from people far more in the know that me - even now. So it must be true.. ;)

TheNuclearOne
2nd July 2015, 04:18 PM
Not even trolling, but the forged JDM stuff I have hit have been the worst feeling clubs I have ever experienced.

Much of the JDM forged stuff has the sweetspot of a pinhead so there's going to be a lot of poor feeling shots for us mortals. Seems to be lots of higher handicappers gaming them tho.

Johnny Canuck
2nd July 2015, 04:35 PM

Much of the JDM forged stuff has the sweetspot of a pinhead so there's going to be a lot of poor feeling shots for us mortals. Seems to be lots of higher handicappers gaming them tho.

The harshest feeling club I ever felt, after multiple hits as well was JDM forged. I wonder if it was the same model?

TheNuclearOne
2nd July 2015, 05:02 PM
The harshest feeling club I ever felt, after multiple hits as well was JDM forged. I wonder if it was the same model?

Shaft comes into it too. No doubt you found plenty of centre being a flusher.

Haven't had much experience with JDM irons. Nabbed a cheap JDM tour driver 12 months back tho. Didn't like it much first outing but then it came alive. Not as forgiving as my Ping or a couple of the TM's (not woeful either) but it's an absolute flame thrower. Slight fade bias and more solid feel than what you get now. You'd love it, reminds me of an SLDR with better feel and forgiveness. Nothing longer or hotter in the stable and it's only had one shaft thrown at it. Got a jazzy JDM 3 wood here too that flew my gamer the few times i hit it. Sorting out the rest of the 3 wood stable then going to give it a red hot go.

Johnny Canuck
2nd July 2015, 05:04 PM
Shaft comes into it too. No doubt you found plenty of centre being a flusher.

Haven't had much experience with JDM irons. Nabbed a cheap JDM tour driver 12 months back tho. Didn't like it much first outing but then it came alive. Not as forgiving as my Ping or a couple of the TM's (not woeful either) but it's an absolute flame thrower. Slight fade bias and more solid feel than what you get now. You'd love it, reminds me of an SLDR with better feel and forgiveness. Nothing longer or hotter in the stable and it's only had one shaft thrown at it. Got a jazzy JDM 3 wood here too that flew my gamer the few times i hit it. Sorting out the rest of the 3 wood stable then going to give it a red hot go.

I am starting to open up to potentially trying a G30LS to compare to the sldr.

Sldr 3 wood was a cannon, but couldn't knock off the rbz stage 2.

TheNuclearOne
2nd July 2015, 05:20 PM

Sldr 3 wood was a cannon, but couldn't knock off the rbz stage 2.

LS is awesome. Vastly different footprint to the SLDR but i see plenty over the pond have dropped the SLDR for it.

3oneday
2nd July 2015, 05:51 PM
Nice segue

Yossarian
2nd July 2015, 06:00 PM

TheNuclearOne
2nd July 2015, 06:37 PM
Seamless, like so many of the forged JDM driver heads.

Shane788
2nd July 2015, 06:38 PM

I will be doing the same in the coming weeks.

markTHEblake
2nd July 2015, 07:50 PM

Every golf club on the planet has the sweetspot of a pinhead.

TheNuclearOne
2nd July 2015, 07:51 PM
You know what i meant.