PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 3rd April

Grunt
4th April 2006, 05:02 PM
Well had a hit this morning around Mac Grange. Played great with an 84 Gross 64 Nett. :-D
It is amazing how much better I play when there is no comp on. I turned in 7 over and came back for the same.
Could have been heaps better with 4 pars, a birdie, 9 Bogies & 3 Doubles.
One of the doubles was due to a 4 putt:? , wet green/dry green should have looked closer at the wet bit. Hoping to take the form into this weekends final round in the foursomes. Will have another hit on the course on Friday to get some final prep into the weekend.

jimandr
4th April 2006, 10:02 PM
Grunt,

Have your greens been cored/sanded yet, or are they waiting until after Easter (or are they not doing it)?

Keza_G
5th April 2006, 01:53 PM
Riverlkaes 5/04/06

36 Putts...
12 GIR
13 FIR
77 (5 over off the stick)... Frigging putter...

Jarro
5th April 2006, 02:46 PM
played the new Pacific harbour layout with the lads this morning ... great course, very tough when the wind gets going. Greens were a little on the slow side, but they're still new so it'll take a while for them to grow in.

from the Black markers i had an 88 for 32 points (we played a stab comp)

6 fairways
5 G.I.R's
6/12 up and downs
30 putts

pretty happy with the way i drove the ball today ... nice and straight for most of the round. Chipping was working well too, so that meant i had closer putts which certainly helped my putting stats for the day 8)

Grunt
5th April 2006, 05:45 PM
Grunt,

Have your greens been cored/sanded yet, or are they waiting until after Easter (or are they not doing it)?

I am not sure but they may be leaving them until May, we have the Macarthur Grange Cup/Plate on the last Saturday in April.

Moe Norman
5th April 2006, 06:06 PM
Pac Harbour off the plates.

Had 82 for 33 points, considering a I started double, double I'd consider it an ok recovery and I hit the ball 'ok'

Amazingly I hit two cold tops off the tee, one with 3 wood and one with hybrid - terrible stuff.

I forgot to keep stats as I was taking pictures and writing notes. I had NO 3 putts but couldn't hole a birdie putt to save my life. Got up and down once I think hit more fairways than normal and hit alot of greens but consistently misfired on the irons to have 20 footers instead of 10.

BrisWesty
6th April 2006, 06:21 AM
Back from the Golf (oops I mean Gold) Coast. Conference was pretty good too.
Tuesday got out very early and played "Royal" Tallai. Par 57, ACR 65. Good course for mountain goats. Hit my first Par 4 green in one (but it was only about 170m from where they had the tees, so it doesn't really count).
Ended up with a 67 - net 53
The Tuesday afternoon speakers didn't look very inspiring, so tried out Surfers Paradise. A lot of holes on the back 9 seemed very similar in that they ran pretty much due north/south. Highlight shot of the day, my ball had gone into the water hazard near the green on the 18th, but was sitting on the algae and other gunk right on the edge of the water. Hit it out of there and ended up with stinking crap all over me, but got up and down for the par (so all worth it). 80 off the stick, including 38 on the back 9, for a net 66.

BrisVegas
6th April 2006, 06:46 AM
Pacific Harbour black tees.

80 gross
36 points
8 fairways
10 GIR
32 putts (incl. 3 x 3-putts)
3 x penalties (water)
2/5 Up & Down

Hit the ball pretty solid off the tee and mid-long irons were better than normal. Still flubbed a couple of chips and hit a couple of terrible short irons that ended up way-right in hazards...

Thanks for the loan of the driver stoney. Worked nicely, until I tried to fade it....

Stoney
6th April 2006, 08:53 AM
Played Pacific Harbour black tees with the boys yesterday.

76 gross 14 pars 4 bogies
34 points
8 fairways
8 GIR
29 putts
6/10 Up & Down

New driver went well, knocked a few out there quite a long way.

Wedges were good, those vokeys spin hard, even from close range.

Flowergirl
6th April 2006, 02:20 PM
Round two of pennant - team lost 3/4 - boo hoo---I lost 5/4 - double boo hoo. Played against a better player and it showed. It was cold, wet and blowing a gale and she just played steady golf and I was all over the place. Still enjoyed it - but not as much as when I win!!!
There's always next week.:-D

Eag's
6th April 2006, 09:05 PM
Played Northlakes today from the blues.
Just about had the course to myself which was fun.

Shot 84
12 Fairways :-D
9 Greens
34 Putts:oops:
3/7 U&D

Drove the ball well today but left myself with a lot of 20-30 footers
and on those greens I was standing over some scary putts :shock:

Moe Norman
6th April 2006, 09:36 PM
had a hit at the Glades today and still they persist with the bent greens!

80 off the stick
35 Points
putted well again which was nice
drove the ball beautifully and hit my mid-irons great.

my wedges let me down and I found I was hitting it close from 140-170m and missing greens from less than 100m - need to sort that out asap.

BrisVegas
7th April 2006, 06:24 AM
how much was Glades to play Thommo?? I've been meaning to check it out.

Nice shooting by the way.

Moe Norman
7th April 2006, 08:16 AM
i was invited to play by my new boss. I believe the rack rate is $160 but there was nobody on the course and I suspect if you show up they'd let you on for about $80. In fact I overheard a guy in the proshop yesterday talk them down to $55 or he was going to go play next door at Robina.

It has some great holes but is let down in places and the bent greens just aren't handling the climate. The greens are also far too soft, any full shot I hit with 6-9 iron plugged in the green and you can see this is common with all the dead dime patches everywhere. A pitch mark an inch deep is hard to repair!

terryand
7th April 2006, 08:22 AM
It has some great holes but is let down in places and the bent greens just aren't handling the climate. The greens are also far too soft, any full shot I hit with 6-9 iron plugged in the green and you can see this is common with all the dead dime patches everywhere. A pitch mark an inch deep is hard to repair!

Thats a pity. I haven't played there for a couple of years, but back then they where mint.

Tough ask trying to keep bent up here.

Terry.

Moe Norman
7th April 2006, 08:26 AM
G69 tells me it's a budget issue and not a climate issue, apparently they are skimping a bit on maintenance. Perhaps if they dropped the price to $100 they might get a few more people on the course....

i'd suggest the climate is a factor, but G69 knows more about this stuff than me

terryand
7th April 2006, 08:31 AM
For whatever reason its as pity. They are still to date the best greens I have ever played on.

Terry.

Grunt
7th April 2006, 07:54 PM
Played 36 Holes today (sort of)

1st 18

QANTAS Base Maintenance Engineering Golf Day - Cabramatta

Well todays golf marathon started at 7am @ Cabramatta. The event was a 2 man Ambrose. With a bit of luck I drew the Boeing Tech rep, He advises QANTAS when we find things that the Aircraft Maintenance manual does not recognise or have a method to fix. We played ok, I did not and was very scratchy. We shot 75 off the stick but it could have been heaps better 3 putting in ambrose is really bad. Off a bit over 8 we ended up coming 4th in the event.
Highlight for the round was a great finish me hitting 3 great shots to birdie 18.

2nd 18

Macarthur Grange.

After the presentaion for the Cabramatta event was over I raced back to Macarthur Grange for a practice round with my foursomes partner as a warm up for tomorrows final round in the championships. We did it to research pin positions for tomorrow, the green keepers place the pins Fridays and leave them there for the weekend. We also assesed where the bail outs were for us to shoot no worse than bogey golf. We also hit a variety of tee shots on the holes that we had to play alternate to those we each played last week. Hopefully we will go ok tomorrow and keep our lead in the championship :-D Nett.

Moe Norman
7th April 2006, 08:07 PM
in my wonderful week of golf I played the River Course at Indro today. shot 80 off the stick for 35 points but the main interest was the 4 ball match we had going. Sensational day with me being the only player over handicap but we won the card but lost the match 1 down. I missed a f#cking putt less than 2 feet to halve the match on 18 which was only my second 3 putt of the day, the other being on the first where I had a 3 putt par after hitting 3-wood to 10 feet off the tee :(

So putting much better now, but still massive room for improvement. Drove the ball exceptionally well again and hit great mid irons. Again the problem is 100m and in, I can't seem to even hit a green let alone get it close with wedge in hand. I'm not blaming the new RAC's but I am losing patience!

oz
8th April 2006, 02:42 PM
Played at Thurgoona today. What a mixed bag. 1 triple, 2 doubles, a bogey, 4 birdies, and some pars. Made some poor decisions when I hit it offline, and it cost me some big numbers. Left some very make-able putts short in the heart of the hole a couple of times, too.... 'coz I'm a wuss.... Finished with a 76 (38 points).

shazza_rs
8th April 2006, 04:50 PM
Played Riverlakes monthly medal.....

Had a 96/79..... couldn't hit anything well so pretty happy with the result. Putted like a champ. Sunk some from off the green. .....

Eag's
8th April 2006, 07:44 PM
Played Mcleod Cup today.
Shanked & skanked my way around again :oops: nothing really
going right.

Shot 91
3 Greens :oops:
5 Fairways
32 Putts
4/10 U&D

BrisVegas
8th April 2006, 08:31 PM
Also played Mcleod Cup today.

80 gross for 72 nett
3 fairways
8 GIR
32 Putts

My best round so far at MacLeod, but was a bit frustrated with the crappy driving today. Had to scramble. Managed ok for 9 holes, but started missing putts around the back 9... Can't wait to get my driver back!

Moe Norman
8th April 2006, 09:05 PM
Macleod today - much like Vegas by the sounds of things. I had a solid round going at the turn even after my double on 18 (my 9th) then fell apart with a mix of 3 putts and a mystery lost ball that cost me another double.

82 Gross 75 Nett
8 fairways
13 GIR
39 Putts

Amazingly besides the 1st (my 10th) where I 3 jabbed from a 10 foot birdie putt, I actually felt like I putted 'ok' today. first time under 40 for a while now, obviously it's still woeful though.

markTHEblake
8th April 2006, 10:34 PM
seems to be a common theme. i shot 37-46. played the first 10 holes quite well bascially only coming unstuck through not knowing the course, so was pretty happy about that.

most of the back 9 it wouldnt have mattered where i was playing. Might be time to do an AddamSmith and play 9 hole courses from now on

play of the day was just before teeing off i abandoned my SW and replaced it with a 2 iron. Hit it twice and both times went < 100m and was then chipping out. smart move that club change.

jimandr
8th April 2006, 11:41 PM
A very average round for 33 points today. Didn't do anything better than usual or worse than usual.

Fairways = 10 of 14
greens = 7 of 18
putts = 34 - 2 x 3putts, no birdies
up & down = 4 of 9
sand saves = 0 of 2, both hit thin, this is a problem area

connico
9th April 2006, 01:22 AM
Bad day at the office, 106 or something like that, was a good day i had fun, didnt hit driver today only took a 3 wood, didnt work out great because iv forgotten how to hit a 3 wood...go figure i hit longer and straighter with my 5 wood...hmmm frustration set it and then bad scores and 3 putts came a plenty.

Its all in the mind, i need to kick the living **** out of it soon..

Grunt
9th April 2006, 05:28 AM
Well played the final round of the foursomes champs, not a good day :(

Just had no luck then the frustration set in. We had one of those foursomes days where we followed up each others poor shots with another. Also I tried to offfer shots that I could play thinking my partner could also play.
Oh well it is over for another year and I can go back to playing golf in a normal manner once more. Having a few weeks off from weekend competition golf due to work. Might have a hit thru the week.

Matt 3 Jab
9th April 2006, 11:09 AM
Played yesterday, wasent expecting much, greens werent the best, so didnt worry too much about not holing putts.
Had 85, started to really not worry too much on the back nine (front nine of the course) but im glad to say i didnt care too much and had alot of fun hitting some good shots. Didnt make a birdie all day :( and didnt hve a 1 putt all day i dont think.
Effective tee's: 8/13
GIR:10
Putts: 37
ah well, good to be out in the fresh air.

Pinglauncher
9th April 2006, 04:33 PM
2 down today. Was sitting 1 up with 4 to play when the back started to tighten on me and I became a bit tentative. A pull hook and 2 blocks later saw 3 wipes in the last 4 holes.

990B Luva
9th April 2006, 06:59 PM
Played Junior pennants today at Ashgrove against Sandgate, my opponent was Scott Hend's nephew..... i was kind of freaked out when i saw one of Scott's drivers and handbuilt Circle T Cammys in his bag but i ended up winning 4/2. i almost killed the number 2 player and his caddy (i played number 1) on the 2nd and 5th holes when i went for the green off the tee... i missed the 2nd long and hit the tree short of the green and dropped onto it... according to the guys ahead, if i didnt hit the tree i would have put the ball in the clubhouse....

Matt 3 Jab
10th April 2006, 06:58 AM
Good win 990B, Doesnt matter if you have tour gear or not, you killed him! Go for everything in matchplay i say, Big drives get in their head!

amanda
10th April 2006, 09:36 AM
2nd round of the mixed foursomes - we improved by 2 shots! 97/77. It was a fun day and we only had 28 putts - 1 chip in by me for par, 1 holed bunker shot by brad for par :)

brad
10th April 2006, 01:27 PM
Yeah! And that included 5 shots for our team to get out of a bunker :oops: . Amanda, I guess I shouldn't have mentioned that ;)

markTHEblake
10th April 2006, 07:13 PM
Yeah! And that included 5 shots for our team to get out of a bunker

and you are still talking to each other? thats amazing.