PDA

View Full Version : Uncivil War IV - Friday 5th Feb 2016, The Metropolitan Golf Club

Pages : [1] 2

LeftyHoges
25th June 2015, 02:30 PM
Making this thread and reserving this post to enter official details once we get a bit closer to the event.

For the record, the Confederates are currently winning the war, with the score at 2 battles to 1. This year looms large as the Union would hate to go 2 battles down again, where as the Confeds would be loathe to let all their hard work over the first 2 years to go to waste.

http://www.golfgamebook.com/game/2ur-s61k

[/URL]

Courty
25th June 2015, 10:35 PM
One of these years I'll actually turn up for this... one of these years :roll:

Peppas
25th June 2015, 11:07 PM
Your spreadsheets never work

Ask Benno how he kept scores at QLD champs, much to be learnt from KISS :P

LeftyHoges
25th June 2015, 11:18 PM
Your spreadsheets never work

Ask Benno how he kept scores at QLD champs, much to be learnt from KISS :P

This was just a simple table. And I checked with Champion Data, all scores listed above have been entered into this years almanac, so they are as official as they come.

mrbluu
26th June 2015, 04:06 AM
This was just a simple table. And I checked with Champion Data, all scores listed above have been entered into this years almanac, so they are as official as they come.
I think the tears of defeat smudged some of the data.

Any way if the union wins again will there be no presentation again???

PeteyD
26th June 2015, 05:12 AM
Some people just don't know how to lose quietly and with dignity

LeftyHoges
26th June 2015, 08:08 AM
Some people just don't know how to win quietly and with dignity

Fixed.

Peppas
26th June 2015, 09:18 AM
Lefty I'ma gonna give you a big big hug next time I see you :)

WBennett
26th June 2015, 09:56 AM
Lefty I'ma gonna give you a big big hug next time I see you :)

I bet you say that to all the guys

LeftyHoges
16th September 2015, 12:11 PM
Teams shaping up quite nicely for this.

Currently 19 Confederate and 17 union, with 2 additional maybes for the Union.

Courty
16th September 2015, 12:13 PM

Is it too early to pick captains and get the sledging started in earnest? :D

LeftyHoges
16th September 2015, 12:14 PM
Is it too early to pick captains and get the sledging started in earnest? :D

That's a fair point actually. Was just trying to think if there was any reason why we couldn't...

PeteyD
16th September 2015, 12:21 PM
Haha Rebel scum think they can rise again?

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTMAt-t0WkGL0CCaysYZS6Ge9pUnq9Z21aG-17qagu-RUMqfDiKmD-NA

LeftyHoges
16th September 2015, 12:24 PM
Haha Rebel scum think they can rise again?

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTMAt-t0WkGL0CCaysYZS6Ge9pUnq9Z21aG-17qagu-RUMqfDiKmD-NA

That's just stoopid. You can't eat cookies through all those helmets they have to wear.

What a waste.

PeteyD
16th September 2015, 12:38 PM
What do you think happens after the director says 'Cut'? noob

LeftyHoges
16th September 2015, 12:44 PM
What do you think happens after the director says 'Cut'? noob

Everyone gets along nicely and they eat cookies together, therefore nullifying any need for one particular side to have ownership of the cookies in the first place?

mrbluu
16th September 2015, 12:46 PM

Which side do u have Noren on??

LeftyHoges
16th September 2015, 12:51 PM
Which side do u have Noren on??

Union. He's from NSW, yeah?

mrbluu
16th September 2015, 12:52 PM
Union. He's from NSW, yeah?
He is now, but previously.......

LeftyHoges
16th September 2015, 12:53 PM

Ooooh, do tell.

He could be a swinger, if needed.

mrbluu
16th September 2015, 12:57 PM
Ooooh, do tell.

He could be a swinger, if needed.
Get him enough beers and he would definitely be interested in that and he could play golf for the south as well [emoji1]

3Puttpete
16th September 2015, 01:01 PM
What side am I on?

3Puttpete
16th September 2015, 01:03 PM

#justsayin

LeftyHoges
16th September 2015, 01:03 PM
What side am I on?

At this stage, Union.

Unless you have a dirty secret you're not telling us.

LeftyHoges
16th September 2015, 01:21 PM

#justsayin

Booooooooooooooo!!!!!

Sorry, don't know what happened there.

3Puttpete
16th September 2015, 01:25 PM
Why would you boo Brownie?

noren
18th September 2015, 10:02 PM

Was a Footscray boy before becoming a Cabramtta boy.
Grew up in Melb. Now living in Syd.
Yeah I like to swing, but only after a few beers or promises of beers

PeteyD
14th December 2015, 07:28 AM
So after the demoralising 2 in a row smashing of the southern scum are any of them going to back it up on saturday?

Peppas
14th December 2015, 07:48 AM
Probably. That scores still wrong in the first post too

mrbluu
14th December 2015, 08:30 AM
Only if when they lose....

Monsta
14th December 2015, 10:42 AM

Only if when they lose....

Is it an Asian thing to flog a dead horse?????

Does it make the meat more tender (or is that just cats)? ;)

LeftyHoges
14th December 2015, 10:45 AM
There's a hell of a lot of tough talk from a side that's had their asses handed to them TWICE.

#justsayin

mrbluu
14th December 2015, 10:47 AM
Is it an Asian thing to flog a dead horse?????

Does it make the meat more tender (or is that just cats)? ;)
We slow cook our cats and horses to get them tender. Just joking we save our cats to sell to white guys in restaurants. [emoji13]

3Puttpete
14th December 2015, 10:47 AM
At this stage, Union.

Unless you have a dirty secret you're not telling us.

This fixed yet?

PeteyD
14th December 2015, 10:53 AM
There's a hell of a lot of tough talk from a side that's had their asses handed to them TWICE.

#justsayin

Those were just warmups, you are only as good as your last battle ;)

Monsta
14th December 2015, 10:55 AM

But the side that wins the least amount of battles never wins the war

mrbluu
14th December 2015, 10:56 AM

#justsayin

But the side that wins the least amount of battles never wins the war

+100000000000

#onlyasgoodasyourlastbattle

LeftyHoges
14th December 2015, 10:59 AM
This fixed yet?

Unfortunately not mate, with the last round of pullouts you're more likely than ever to be a dirty unionist. You did choose to move there, after all.

If you want to play for the better side, you'll need to help me with the Northern recruiting drive, although who would voluntarily be a lamb in that slaughter is beyond me.

PeteyD
14th December 2015, 11:04 AM
Saboteur in the ranks!

3Puttpete
14th December 2015, 11:10 AM
Get out of jail free card no matter the result.

PeteyD
14th December 2015, 11:28 AM
Bottom of the Yarra with concrete shoes ...

3Puttpete
14th December 2015, 11:34 AM
Albert park lake's more my style

PeteyD
14th December 2015, 12:04 PM
It's only 5' deep ... oh that's fine anyway.

Ferrins
23rd December 2015, 08:51 AM
Unofficially starts this Sunday.

WBennett
23rd December 2015, 12:51 PM
Its exciting times - just 6 weeks away.

The world famous Metropolitan Golf Club hosts Uncivil War IV - and its time for the south to rise again.

I'll be doing the order for shirts in the next two weeks so I will start a shirt thread when Lefty gives me the go ahead.

Peppas
23rd December 2015, 01:23 PM
Are we ordering shirts thru Marto again?

Do they have any smaller sizes, cos that small I got last year is like massive on me.

PeteyD
23rd December 2015, 01:26 PM
Eat more burgers.

Peppas
23rd December 2015, 01:31 PM
Eat more burgers.

Probably cheaper to buy a smaller shirt

PeteyD
23rd December 2015, 01:44 PM
But less fun

BenM
23rd December 2015, 02:06 PM
Ladies sizes Peppas

backintheswing
23rd December 2015, 02:12 PM
Boys 14?

mrbluu
23rd December 2015, 03:15 PM
Ladies sizes Peppas
Did that fit u??

Peppas
23rd December 2015, 03:20 PM
Did that fit u??

Nah... what size is Troi?

mrbluu
23rd December 2015, 03:27 PM
Nah... what size is Troi?
One size bigger than u ;)

LarryLong
23rd December 2015, 06:57 PM
Are we ordering shirts thru Marto again?

Do they have any smaller sizes, cos that small I got last year is like massive on me.

Mine had an enormous neck hole. I figured it must be a rugby league thing. Every time I wear it I feel like I should have a big peace sign medallion hanging down amongst all the chest hair I'm showing.

BenM
23rd December 2015, 06:58 PM
Did that fit u??

Shows off my boobs

Lucasto23
25th December 2015, 02:48 PM
I can wait for the bloody bath to begin

WBennett
25th December 2015, 05:04 PM
I can wait for the bloody bath to begin You like to bleed? I cant wait

AndyP
5th January 2016, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the unintentional heads-up on the captains and vice captains, Courty. It looks like the Union are well on their way to winning with those selections.

PeteyD
5th January 2016, 11:59 AM
Never in doubt

LeftyHoges
5th January 2016, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the unintentional heads-up on the captains and vice captains, Courty. It looks like the Union are well on their way to winning with those selections.

Rat in the ranks!

I'd dock the Union a point for such gross misconduct, but then they'll just finish further behind.

LoveGolf2012
5th January 2016, 12:38 PM
Rat in the ranks!

I'd dock the Union a point for such gross misconduct, but then they'll just finish further behind.

Well said Lefty,well said!

Courty
5th January 2016, 01:22 PM
Rat in the ranks!

http://i.imgur.com/a6NyMuC.jpg

LeftyHoges
7th January 2016, 05:55 PM
We're close ladies and gents.

Captains and Vice Captains have been picked, teams are very close to being finalised. We're currently at 35, so have a spot open to make it an even contest.

So..... recruitment drive.

We need one more player. It works better for our teams if it's a Unionist, but we do have two "swingmen" who could go either way if we need so if it must be a Confederate then so be it. I'll announce our leaders after dinner tonight, and post the prospective teams.

Captain Nemo
7th January 2016, 05:58 PM
Calling Wazandnic !!!!

3Puttpete
7th January 2016, 10:36 PM
Is this a 12 course dinner?

LoveGolf2012
7th January 2016, 10:47 PM
We're close ladies and gents.

Captains and Vice Captains have been picked, teams are very close to being finalised. We're currently at 35, so have a spot open to make it an even contest.

So..... recruitment drive.

We need one more player. It works better for our teams if it's a Unionist, but we do have two "swingmen" who could go either way if we need so if it must be a Confederate then so be it. I'll announce our leaders after dinner tonight, and post the prospective teams.

Lefty,will that be listed here mate?

LeftyHoges
7th January 2016, 11:22 PM
Is this a 12 course dinner?

Lefty,will that be listed here mate?

Shit.

Clearly I meant dinner, WA time!!! :oops:

Post coming up soon.

LeftyHoges
7th January 2016, 11:31 PM
Ok, so in this year of 2016 and Uncivil War IV, the tradition continues. Our captains from last year have seen fit to bestow the undisputed highest honour in golf to the previous years deputies.

So leading the Union and defending champions into battle after a very convincing win at "The Battle of VGC", for this years stoush at The Metropolitan Golf Club will be the man of many hosels, benno_r. Congratulations big fella!

And while they may have lost last years battle, they still lead the war 2-1, at the front of the Confederate ranks this year will be the original Benno, and now uber-Spud, wbennett. Well done and thoroughly deserved after years of faithful service.

The Union have gone for an international feel with their leadership team this year, calling in a recruit from another continent. Congratulations to Union Vice Captain, the man with the most commonly misspelt name on OZgolf, "Lucastro"!

Going for experience, stamina and "the worlds greatest ability to sneak up behind you without you knowing" according to the NAGA Emeritus, the man who has defeated Marto and squared Ned (that's a hell of an impressive resume), the Barefoot Runner himself, LarryLong!

Well done to all those in the leadership positions and the best of luck in leading your troops in to battle in Uncivil War IV.

Teams to come soon...

LoveGolf2012
7th January 2016, 11:34 PM
Congrats guys [emoji111]️

mrbluu
7th January 2016, 11:37 PM
Congrats gentleman and to the 2 southern scum as well!!!

LeftyHoges
7th January 2016, 11:41 PM
So, confirmed troops for battle are:

Union
benno_r (C)
Captain Nemo
Courty
DCanto
Ferrins
Gammon
Haysey
Lucasto23 (VC)
Matt 3 Jab
Ned
Nudgee
Peppas
PeteyD
Peter_rs
Ploppy Pat
Shazza_rs
SundayHack

Confederates
3PuttPete
andigold
BenM
dannycallaz
GK
hardboiled
LarryLong (VC)
LeftyHoges
LoveGolf2012
mint
monsta
Noren
Oldracer
Pingsta
Shadesy
Simmsy
spanner039
wbennett (C)

LoveGolf2012
7th January 2016, 11:55 PM
Union sounds more like a team of Brazilian soccer players than a team of golfers...

3Puttpete
8th January 2016, 12:03 AM
That's cool Lefty. I'm happy to sledge all the idiots

3Puttpete
8th January 2016, 12:04 AM
Congrats captain Benno.

Screw you other captain Benno

LeftyHoges
8th January 2016, 12:28 AM
Congrats captain Benno.

Screw you other captain Benno

:lol:

Well played.

Dcanto
8th January 2016, 12:34 AM
Congrats benno_r and Lucasto. It will be an honour to serve under your leadership.

Oh, and commiser.. I mean congratulations to the captains of the Confederates.

Peppas
8th January 2016, 05:46 AM
Congrats to the captains

Ferrins
8th January 2016, 06:32 AM
Congrats captain Benno.

Are you suppling everyones kit Benno? A suggestion.

Sydney Hacker
8th January 2016, 07:11 AM
Are you suppling everyones kit Benno? A suggestion. Sitting at my desk at work and I went to click on this link, something made me stop and then I saw who had posted it... I might wait till I am on my phone later!

benno_r
8th January 2016, 07:48 AM
Are you suppling everyones kit Benno? A suggestion.

We could play with milo tins on the end of broom handles and take the chocolates.

Don't need the excuse "but they had shiny new clubs" to be offered.

Dotty
8th January 2016, 07:51 AM
Sounds too good to be lopsided. I'll be the 36th player.

Ferrins
8th January 2016, 08:36 AM
When is the draw?

Courty
8th January 2016, 08:54 AM
So leading the Union and defending champions into battle after a very convincing win at "The Battle of VGC", for this years stoush at The Metropolitan Golf Club will be the man of many hosels, benno_r. Congratulations big fella! O captain, my captain!

simmsy
8th January 2016, 09:54 AM
Congrats to the leaders of Uncivil IV - can't wait. Playing with Benno as my partner in UCW II I know what a quality captain he will be. The man has ice running through his veins.

Shadesy
8th January 2016, 10:45 AM
I will ensure all doors are fully open for the Captain on Thursday night.

spanner039
8th January 2016, 10:47 AM
Congrats to the leaders of Uncivil IV - can't wait. Playing with Benno as my partner in UCW II I know what a quality captain he will be. The man has ice running through his veins.

Benno is a user?

benno_r
8th January 2016, 10:48 AM
I will ensure all doors are fully open for the Captain on Thursday night.

Wow, that's awfully kind of you, I thank you in advance.

WBennett
8th January 2016, 10:53 AM
Thanks Monsta, Andigold and Lefty for their previous Captaincy. Its a great honour to lead the South as we rise again.

Our team proud, passionate, talented and most of all, not fully of bloody handicap farming Queenslanders. We WILL beat them fair and square and reclaim the trophy!

Congratulations to Larry, a just reward for being an upstanding citizen on previous Vic Champs weekends.

For those who have never taken part in one of these days before, they are brilliant. I still rate a lifelong golfing highlights as making a 30 footer across RMW 18th to win 1up, and coming back from 4 down at the turn to birdie 18 at Southern to square my match against Iain.

Bring on Uncivil War IV

WBennett
8th January 2016, 10:54 AM
Benno is a user? Hahn Ice

WBennett
8th January 2016, 10:55 AM
I will ensure all doors are fully open for the Captain on Thursday night. As per tradition, we will drink midstrength til 3am the night before and sledge our opponents mercilessly

mrbluu
8th January 2016, 11:10 AM
For those who have never taken part in one of these days before, they are brilli I still rate a lifelong golfing highlights as making a 30 footer across RMW 18th to win 1up, and coming back from 4 down at the turn to birdie 18 at Southern to square my match against Iain.

Bring on Uncivil War IV

Good to see u are still living in past. It's disappointing that I can't make it and watch the real Benno finishes u off!!!

WBennett
8th January 2016, 11:17 AM
Good to see u are still living in past. It's disappointing that I can't make it and watch the real Benno finishes u off!!! You talk a big game for someone afraid to come#binhtalkinitup

LarryLong
8th January 2016, 12:27 PM
Hahn Ice

The other benno prefers Vanilla Ice.

Thanks for the VC Nom real Benno - I like the irony of having two green hippie lefties in charge of the Confederate team! :)

Shadesy
8th January 2016, 12:34 PM
As per tradition, we will drink midstrength til 3am the night before and sledge our opponents mercilessly Is there any other way to prepare?The matchup tips don't start till at least 1..

Shadesy
8th January 2016, 12:37 PM
Thanks Monsta, Andigold and Lefty for their previous Captaincy. Its a great honour to lead the South as we rise again.Our team proud, passionate, talented and most of all, not fully of bloody handicap farming Queenslanders. We WILL beat them fair and square and reclaim the trophy!Congratulations to Larry, a just reward for being an upstanding citizen on previous Vic Champs weekends.For those who have never taken part in one of these days before, they are brilliant. I still rate a lifelong golfing highlights as making a 30 footer across RMW 18th to win 1up, and coming back from 4 down at the turn to birdie 18 at Southern to square my match against Iain.Bring on Uncivil War IV And no one will ever forget Simmsy's first at RM

LeftyHoges
8th January 2016, 01:01 PM
Sounds too good to be lopsided. I'll be the 36th player.

Thanks Dotty, Gentleman and a scholar.

So that makes it official then, 3PuttPete and Noren will be fighting with their rightful brethren, the Confederates.

LeftyHoges
8th January 2016, 01:06 PM
Thanks Monsta, Andigold and Lefty for their previous Captaincy. Its a great honour to lead the South as we rise again.

Our team proud, passionate, talented and most of all, not fully of bloody handicap farming Queenslanders. We WILL beat them fair and square and reclaim the trophy!

Congratulations to Larry, a just reward for being an upstanding citizen on previous Vic Champs weekends.

For those who have never taken part in one of these days before, they are brilliant. I still rate a lifelong golfing highlights as making a 30 footer across RMW 18th to win 1up, and coming back from 4 down at the turn to birdie 18 at Southern to square my match against Iain.

Bring on Uncivil War IV

Do us proud General wbennett. I have complete faith you will restore us to former glories, after the minor blip / anomaly that was last year.

LeftyHoges
8th January 2016, 01:10 PM
OK, so now that we have a 36th player, that does not mean we're all done with entries. If you want a game here on this day that's fine, we just can't guarantee an opposition for you at this stage. And you'll probably miss the shirt run also.

mrbluu
8th January 2016, 01:13 PM
OK, so now that we have a 36th player, that does not mean we're all done with entries. If you want a game here on this day that's fine, we just can't guarantee an opposition for you at this stage. And you'll probably miss the shirt run also.

Now the North are strengthen with the addition of Dashing Dotty, I'm assuming the southern scum is ready surrender??

LeftyHoges
8th January 2016, 01:20 PM
Now the North are strengthen with the addition of Dashing Dotty, I'm assuming the southern scum is ready surrender??

Pffft, the only one surrendering here is you buddy.

#lunarnewyearmyarse

Peppas
8th January 2016, 01:25 PM
So how does this matchplay thing work again?

LeftyHoges
8th January 2016, 01:31 PM
So how does this matchplay thing work again?

Well, this year I figured we could pair you against Simmsy again, and after you ignore the match play score for the 4th time on the 8th hole of the day Simmsy snaps a wedge over his knee and stabs you to death with the shaft.

Because you technically lose all the remaining holes, Simmsy takes his second ever OZgolf matchplay victory. Unfortunately you were paired with Ferrins for the day, so the Union still win the 4B pairing due to what I hear has been some amazing handicap farming on his behalf.

mrbluu
8th January 2016, 01:51 PM
Pffft, the only one surrendering here is you buddy.

#lunarnewyearmyarse
Fullmoon is about the same size as ur arse but not lunar new year [emoji13]

Well, this year I figured we could pair you against Simmsy again, and after you ignore the match play score for the 4th time on the 8th hole of the day Simmsy snaps a wedge over his knee and stabs you to death with the shaft.

Because you technically lose all the remaining holes, Simmsy takes his second ever OZgolf matchplay victory. Unfortunately you were paired with Ferrins for the day, so the Union still win the 4B pairing due to what I hear has been some amazing handicap farming on his behalf.
Going on last year's form simmsy will miss and Peppas will prevail again!!!

LeftyHoges
8th January 2016, 01:52 PM

Going on last year's form simmsy will miss and Peppas will prevail again!!!

Simmsy wasn't tainted by the events of last year. He'll be fine. Peppas won't.

Dotty
8th January 2016, 01:54 PM
Binhhy Canuck.

benno_r
8th January 2016, 02:14 PM
A call to all my fellow unionists!

I thank you for the trust placed in me. I thank the efforts of our previous leaders. I thank the mighty Lucas for stepping up to stand with me in another "Rout of the South".

To all our loyal men, I have no need for rhetoric or propaganda. To the men returning, I say thank you for your efforts and ask you to stay humble in victory. To the new recruits, I say welcome and enjoy. To the brothers who couldn't make it, your efforts have been most appreciated.

As many wise men say, you are only as good as your last battle, and our last battle was glorious.

I offer my respect to the opposition, especially captain benno who has been a worthy adversary in many recent battles. I also now offer my condolences for the defeat a strong union team shall rain upon you.

Up men!
Up the north!

oldracer
8th January 2016, 02:20 PM

Going on last year's form simmsy will miss and Peppas will prevail again!!!u r talkin a big game for someone not fronting B man :shock:

WBennett
8th January 2016, 02:28 PM
u r talkin a big game for someone not fronting B man :shock: Normally I would say his mouth is writing cheques his body cant cash, but he has #binheatingalot

Peppas
8th January 2016, 03:03 PM

Do I still make the buffet dinner?

Dcanto
8th January 2016, 03:06 PM

I thank you for the trust placed in me. I thank the efforts of our previous leaders. I thank the mighty Lucas for stepping up to stand with me in another "Rout of the South".

To all our loyal men, I have no need for rhetoric or propaganda. To the men returning, I say thank you for your efforts and ask you to stay humble in victory. To the new recruits, I say welcome and enjoy. To the brothers who couldn't make it, your efforts have been most appreciated.

As many wise men say, you are only as good as your last battle, and our last battle was glorious.

I offer my respect to the opposition, especially captain benno who has been a worthy adversary in many recent battles. I also now offer my condolences for the defeat a strong union team shall rain upon you.

Up men!
Up the north!

Well said Captain.

:smt038

oldracer
8th January 2016, 04:01 PM
Normally I would say his mouth is writing cheques his body cant cash, but he has #binheatingalotwell said Cap

3Puttpete
8th January 2016, 04:38 PM

So that makes it official then, 3PuttPete and Noren will be fighting with their rightful brethren, the Confederates.

Woohoo!

BenM
8th January 2016, 05:01 PM
Welcome to the good team 3pp.

At least I won't be the only one in the clown car taking the mickey out of the other fellas when they get their butts kicked.

PeteyD
8th January 2016, 05:05 PM
Hope those legs are working you two :D

3Puttpete
8th January 2016, 05:08 PM
Welcome to the good team 3pp.

At least I won't be the only one in the clown car taking the mickey out of the other fellas when they get their butts kicked.

Thanks for the welcome Ben. I've been embedded in enemy territory for a long time but I will never forget my roots.

And there'll be no need for any mind games with the other 2 in the clown car. It'll be like playing tennis against a wall, without the wall.

LeftyHoges
8th January 2016, 05:14 PM
OK guys, seems we've had a bit of a false start with a withdrawal coming from a Union member. So, seeking another Northern OZgolfer to take the spot, or a Confederate soldier and we move Noren North, seeing as 3PuttPete has made his alliance well known! :lol:

3Puttpete
8th January 2016, 05:15 PM
I'm fickle. Whatever's easy

BenM
8th January 2016, 05:16 PM

Booo

3Puttpete
8th January 2016, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the welcome Ben. I've been embedded in enemy territory for a long time but I will never forget my roots.

And there'll be no need for any mind games with the other 2 in the clown car. It'll be like playing tennis against a wall, without the wall.

The last phrase in the first paragraph applies either way [emoji6]

LeftyHoges
8th January 2016, 05:19 PM
Calling Wazandnic !!!!

Maybe this???

Dcanto
8th January 2016, 05:24 PM
I wonder what Solarman is up to? His presence would surely have the Confederacy quaking in their softspikes. :wink:

Captain Nemo
8th January 2016, 05:25 PM

Up men!
Up the north!
Your welcome, you both deserve it!

:smt023

LarryLong
8th January 2016, 05:26 PM
I wonder what Solarman is up to? His presence would surely have the Confederacy quaking in their softspikes. :wink:

I thought he was in earlier in the piece?

LeftyHoges
8th January 2016, 05:27 PM
I thought he was in earlier in the piece?

Was. Has had to withdraw, unfortunately.

LarryLong
8th January 2016, 05:28 PM
Was. Has had to withdraw, unfortunately.

That's a shame.

Now we'll have to do some research for the mystery fourball.

LeftyHoges
8th January 2016, 05:29 PM
That's a shame.

Now we'll have to do some research for the mystery fourball.

That was my first thought too!!!! :-D

Courty
8th January 2016, 10:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/eZDvAwf.jpg

Bonus points to any one who gets the 'King in the North' reference. ;)

Lucasto23
9th January 2016, 12:33 AM
A call to all my fellow unionists!I thank you for the trust placed in me. I thank the efforts of our previous leaders. I thank the mighty Lucas for stepping up to stand with me in another "Rout of the South".To all our loyal men, I have no need for rhetoric or propaganda. To the men returning, I say thank you for your efforts and ask you to stay humble in victory. To the new recruits, I say welcome and enjoy. To the brothers who couldn't make it, your efforts have been most appreciated.As many wise men say, you are only as good as your last battle, and our last battle was glorious. I offer my respect to the opposition, especially captain benno who has been a worthy adversary in many recent battles. I also now offer my condolences for the defeat a strong union team shall rain upon you.Up men!Up the north! Oh captain my captain, I thank you for your trust and I plan to weaken your opponent when called for on the day. To my fellow loyalist we shall out drink them, out play them and rejoice in their sorrow come the annual Calcutta draw

3Puttpete
9th January 2016, 01:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/eZDvAwf.jpg

Bonus points to any one who gets the 'King in the North' reference. ;)

The last one was killed in a mutiny

PeteyD
9th January 2016, 07:21 AM
So the other benno is Joffrey?

WBennett
9th January 2016, 10:14 AM
So the other benno is Joffrey? Thats nasty

Ferrins
9th January 2016, 06:29 PM

9.0 to 10.0 after todays round, bugger I desperately want to be a single figure player.😀

simmsy
9th January 2016, 07:09 PM

Very lucky I didn't snap my wedge and stab myself in the face after how I played at RM.

Would have been like 2 birds 1 stone

noren
10th January 2016, 10:55 PM

Can't wait. Home coming [emoji106]

LoveGolf2012
10th January 2016, 10:57 PM

Confeds [emoji736]

noren
10th January 2016, 11:04 PM
OK guys, seems we've had a bit of a false start with a withdrawal coming from a Union member. So, seeking another Northern OZgolfer to take the spot, or a Confederate soldier and we move Noren North, seeing as 3PuttPete has made his alliance well known! [emoji38]

mrbluu
10th January 2016, 11:24 PM
And stay there u southern scum!!

3Puttpete
10th January 2016, 11:51 PM
And stay there u southern scum!!

Non-combattant

PeteyD
11th January 2016, 08:32 AM
When do I find out who I get to crush. After the demolition job I did on the Confederates VC last year I am looking forward to another easy win.

LarryLong
11th January 2016, 09:26 AM
When do I find out who I get to crush. After the demolition job I did on the Confederates VC last year I am looking forward to another easy win.

I guess when you don't win very often a 1-up victory against a bloke who is playing like a dog and played the last nine barefoot might feel like a demolition job. :)

PeteyD
11th January 2016, 09:30 AM
I guess when you don't win very often a 1-up victory against a bloke who is playing like a dog and played the last nine barefoot might feel like a demolition job. :)

You looked so disheartened I had to make you feel better.

oldracer
11th January 2016, 09:50 AM
You looked so disheartened I had to make you feel better.hahaha it has now started!!!!!

3Puttpete
11th January 2016, 09:54 AM

This sounds like you're making excuses. Don't lower yourself to sounding like one of those people. Acknowledge he got lucky and fluked a win, move on and smash whatever scumbag is unlucky enough to draw you this year.

Good man

PeteyD
11th January 2016, 09:58 AM
Never trust a turncoat.

LarryLong
11th January 2016, 10:07 AM
This sounds like you're making excuses. Don't lower yourself to sounding like one of those people. Acknowledge he got lucky and fluked a win, move on and smash whatever scumbag is unlucky enough to draw you this year.

Good man

If you've seen my short game you would know that I don't need to make excuses.

I wasn't disheartened though - I looked that way because I was genuinely worried for the safety of oldracer after seeing the looks Petey and Shazza were giving him. :D

LeftyHoges
11th January 2016, 10:08 AM
Attention all, we require one more player for this day, preferably for the Union. If you are at all on the fence about coming to champs please let me know immediately. Northerners, if you have anyone interested please tell them how good this week is and get them here.

mrbluu
11th January 2016, 10:11 AM
Non-combattant
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160110/6eb4a5cd824cd92c12d376cbc2b20f59.jpg

Captain Nemo
11th January 2016, 10:33 AM
Waz!!!!

noren
11th January 2016, 04:55 PM
Non-combattant
Should be either ignored or shot. In some cases both.

Dotty
11th January 2016, 05:03 PM
Should be either ignored or shot. In some cases both.
Oi. You can't say that about the Union's Jana Pitman.

3Puttpete
11th January 2016, 05:12 PM
Should be either ignored or shot. In some cases both. Thankyou my brother

Ned
11th January 2016, 05:18 PM
Thankyou my brother

Moe Norman
11th January 2016, 05:20 PM
Attention all, we require one more player for this day, preferably for the Union. If you are at all on the fence about coming to champs please let me know immediately. Northerners, if you have anyone interested please tell them how good this week is and get them here.

I was possibly going to be in town to play at Westgate with some TGF'ers, if the timing suits I may be able to slot if if you are desperate closer to the day.

LeftyHoges
11th January 2016, 05:21 PM
I was possibly going to be in town to play at Westgate with some TGF'ers, if the timing suits I may be able to slot if if you are desperate closer to the day.

Thanks Moe, but we've filled the immediate spot. If you were keen for a game though let us know and I'm sure we could rustle up another Confederate to even the sides out again.

WBennett
11th January 2016, 05:29 PM

Or join us at Spring Valley Thursday evening...

PeteyD
13th January 2016, 09:55 AM
When is the draw being done chaps?

WBennett
13th January 2016, 10:10 AM
Looking at tomorrow evening approx 9pm AEDST. Your Captain is busy til then.

benno_r
13th January 2016, 10:13 AM
Looking at tomorrow evening approx 9pm AEDST. Your Captain is busy til then.

Busy doing unbiassed surveys to convince people Jordan doesn't move the needle!

PeteyD
13th January 2016, 10:15 AM
Bwahaha. Get a job.

Excellent. Fingers crossed it goes ahead tomorrow night.

benno_r
13th January 2016, 10:24 AM
Bwahaha. Get a job.

Excellent. Fingers crossed it goes ahead tomorrow night.

It's a lock Pete.

Union uniform:

Grey shorts/pants

White Shoes
White Belt
White hat

oldracer
13th January 2016, 10:33 AM
It's a lock Pete.

Union uniform:

Grey shorts/pants

White Shoes
White Belt
White hat did you send Pep a pm outlining this here stuff???????

benno_r
13th January 2016, 10:37 AM
did you send Pep a pm outlining this here stuff???????

He's seen it. He'll be fine.

Dcanto
13th January 2016, 10:51 AM
It's a lock Pete.Union uniform:Grey shorts/pantsWhite ShoesWhite BeltWhite hat Excellent!

Dotty
13th January 2016, 01:12 PM
did you send Pep a pm outlining this here stuff???????
Dead easy. Myers primary school department will have grey shorts in his size.

I just need to find where the Tongan kids get their grey shorts.

3Puttpete
13th January 2016, 01:15 PM
Dead easy. Myers primary school department will have grey shorts in his size. I just need to find where the Tongan kids get their grey shorts. off the fat white kids

Captain Nemo
14th January 2016, 11:59 AM
It's a lock Pete.

Union uniform:

Grey shorts/pants

White Shoes
White Belt
White hat

Is this locked in?
What shade grey, light or dark (only really for Peppas interest....) :)

Peppas
14th January 2016, 12:10 PM
Thanks! I need to know!

Captain Nemo
14th January 2016, 12:13 PM
I know that, wouldn't want you turning up in the wrong colour would we....

LarryLong
14th January 2016, 12:13 PM
Is this locked in?
What shade grey, light or dark (only really for Peppas interest....) :)

Hoping for the whole 50?

benno_r
14th January 2016, 12:16 PM
OK, something like this:

Captain Nemo
14th January 2016, 01:02 PM
Hoping for the whole 50?
Wouldn't mind a bit of that action, not enough room to bring down all my equipment in my carry on though..

3Puttpete
14th January 2016, 05:54 PM
I see a Victorian living in Queensland has returned home for a glorious victory at Metropolitan.

Join in the chorus

PeteyD
14th January 2016, 06:50 PM
Heads up - Boyles golf Shed on Flea bay has some gray pants cheapish.

WBennett
14th January 2016, 07:13 PM
OK Punters.

Teams and matchups will be announced starting approx 8:45/9ish tonight (once my kids finally go to bed)

Get excited!

G.K
14th January 2016, 07:26 PM
OK Punters.

Teams and matchups will be announced starting approx 8:45/9ish tonight (once my kids finally go to bed)

Get excited!

Ferrins
14th January 2016, 07:40 PM
Heads up - Boyles golf Shed on Flea bay has some gray pants cheapish.

I am going there on Monday to pick up a bag.

WBennett
14th January 2016, 08:20 PM
OK lads and lady.

Once we start announcing teams, can you refrain from jumping in and posting. Save it til all 18 matches are announced and then go nuts!

SundayHack
14th January 2016, 08:22 PM
OK Punters.

Get excited!
Awesome. Let's get ready to rumble. And let the sledging step up a notch!

3Puttpete
14th January 2016, 08:26 PM
Awesome. Let's get ready to rumble. And let the sledging step up a notch!

No interrupting chopper

peter_rs
14th January 2016, 08:37 PM
This is going to be fun

SundayHack
14th January 2016, 08:41 PM
No interrupting chopper
Rather be a chopper then a fence sitting turn coat!

WBennett
14th January 2016, 08:45 PM
Follow all the action here (http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/46869-Uncivil-War-IV-Official-Draw-Thread):

And feel free too comment in this thread!

BenM
14th January 2016, 08:48 PM
Bellarine Belter. Love it.

oldracer
14th January 2016, 08:52 PM
off the fat white kidshahaha u guys r funny

LarryLong
14th January 2016, 09:09 PM
Is the guy I'm playing Fidel's brother?

Captain Nemo
14th January 2016, 09:15 PM
My old mate Simmsy, should i bring some port.... :)

BenM
14th January 2016, 09:22 PM
Spanner is off 12.1 now?? FMD!!!

Captain Nemo
14th January 2016, 09:24 PM
Spanner is off 12.1 now?? FMD!!!

Im calling BS....!

Shadesy
14th January 2016, 09:28 PM
Gammon...

Just call me the gammon hanger

simmsy
14th January 2016, 09:31 PM
Spanner is off what?

jdm is doing it's trick

Captain Nemo
14th January 2016, 09:32 PM
Gammon...

Just call me the gammon hanger

Matchup of the pretty boys, do you wrestle?

simmsy
My old mate Simmsy, should i bring some port.... :)

please do.
and i'm sure you have a pair of slippers and pipe, don't worry we will have you in for dinner by 16:30 after i dust you off 6&5.

Captain Nemo
please do.
and i'm sure you have a pair of slippers and pipe, don't worry we will have you in for dinner by 16:30 after i dust you off 6&5. :)

Thats what Hocko thought as well.... ;)

LeftyHoges
14th January 2016, 09:33 PM
Im calling BS....!

If you'd seen his GolfLink.... :-|

benno_r
14th January 2016, 09:35 PM
The only time the south are Finding Nemo is to give him a victory handshake on the 15th hole.

Shadesy
14th January 2016, 09:36 PM
Matchup of the pretty boys, do you wrestle? If it comes to that.Maybe I need a smaller size shirt...

LarryLong
14th January 2016, 09:36 PM
I'm backing a tie,and Gammon to win the walk-off.

simmsy
14th January 2016, 09:37 PM
doesn't nemo have a wonky fin and just goes around in circles?

3Puttpete
14th January 2016, 09:37 PM
fellow Queenslander...3PuttPete

Post reported

PeteyD
14th January 2016, 09:38 PM
You have a shirt?

Captain Nemo
14th January 2016, 09:38 PM

Strut-off....
He's been known to walk away, NSW Champs case in point!

Captain Nemo
14th January 2016, 09:39 PM
doesn't nemo have a wonky fin and just goes around in circles?
Running you around in Circles... :)

SundayHack
14th January 2016, 09:40 PM
0-3 hey BenM. Got to break that duck sometime. Won't be happening this year though.

shazza_rs
14th January 2016, 09:42 PM
0-3 hey BenM. Got to break that duck sometime. Won't be happening this year though.

And he got beaten by a chick in one of them!

SundayHack
14th January 2016, 09:43 PM
3pp will be added to that list this year

Ferrins
So Peppsqueak is my partner, cool bring your tool. I was hoping for a tougher opponent though.

Captain Nemo

Give it to them Shaz!

simmsy
ouch

Courty
14th January 2016, 09:46 PM

Blue Steel!

WBennett
14th January 2016, 09:47 PM
So, in summary

Match 1 - The battle of Benno - benno_r vs wbennett
Match 2 - The Captains of Vice - lucasto23 vs LarryLong
Match 3 - 180 straighties - Dotty vs GK
Match 4 - Bushranger Cup - Ned vs Hardboiled
Match 5 - Turncoat vs Back to Front - Ploppy Pat vs Mint
Match 6 - Leave the Driver in the bag boys - Nudgee vs DannyCallaz
Match 7 - Scratch Match - Matt3Jab vs LeftyHoges
Match 8 - The Fabio Cup - Gammon vs Shadesy
Match 9 - Vengeance - Captain Nemo vs Simmsy
Match 10 - Rookie Rumble - WazandNic vs Pingsta
Match 11 - Monster Jam - Ferrins vs Monsta
Match 12 - Friday Vets - Peppas vs OldRacer
Match 13 - Beauty and the Beast - ShazzaRS vs 3PuttPete
Match 14 - Beauty and the Beast II - Canto vs LoveGolf2012
Match 15 - Voltaren Vets - PeteyD vs AndiGold
Match 16 - Matchplay Muppets - Courty vs Spanner
Match 17 - Bombers away - PeteRS vs Noren
Match 18 - Win the Battle, Win the War - SundayHack vs BenM

Captain Nemo
14th January 2016, 09:49 PM
Someone remind me to bring the "Winners" trophy down please!
��

BenM
14th January 2016, 09:51 PM

In my defence, I didn't lose last year. And I won't be losing this year either.

Courty
14th January 2016, 09:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/lD0arj0.jpg

Ferrins
14th January 2016, 09:57 PM

oldracer
14th January 2016, 09:59 PM
Can't wait for Thursday night predictions!!!! Luv it

3Puttpete
14th January 2016, 09:59 PM
Match 13 - Beauty and the Beast - ShazzaRS vs 3PuttPete

That's a bit harsh. She scrubs up alright when she puts some effort in

Shadesy
14th January 2016, 10:02 PM
Who's team are you on Larry

Peppas
14th January 2016, 10:03 PM
So Peppsqueak is my partner, cool bring your tool. I was hoping for a tougher opponent though.

Ok, hope you carry the team in the 4bbb. I've yet to get a win in this but I don't really mind...

Dotty
14th January 2016, 10:06 PM
Does anyone know which model slingshot David used for his battle with Goliath?

Ferrins
14th January 2016, 10:07 PM
Just get your one par at the right time.

3Puttpete
14th January 2016, 10:08 PM
Does anyone know which model slingshot David used for his battle with Goliath?

He was offered a slingshot but ended up with a nomad.

LoveGolf2012
14th January 2016, 10:48 PM
Someone remind me to bring the "Winners" trophy down please!
ν*ΌνΏ†

Turn it up Nemo those days are over! [emoji1]

LarryLong
14th January 2016, 11:05 PM
Who's team are you on Larry

The winning team.

(Sorry, got confused for a second back there. I've always thought Gammon looked a bit more like Boo-lander anyway)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/_chlqT4C48CSNMVcv69CRmHeD5_Hy9iuuhuaP-AISdvWUPsgRNLirF5r17wcFw15ZbeyUDztlm9q7T-AgBIEs8H-YB0=w426-h240-n

oldracer
15th January 2016, 08:25 AM
Ok, hope you carry the team in the 4bbb. I've yet to get a win in this but I don't really mind...this laconic attitude is not rubbing off on me Pep

Peppas
15th January 2016, 08:28 AM
this laconic attitude is not rubbing off on me Pep

Guess you can keep the score for our matchplay then. Like Lefty kept the score for my match last year :)

benno_r
15th January 2016, 08:53 AM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/benno_r/xdfji_zpsuh2umvdj.jpg

oldracer
15th January 2016, 08:58 AM
Guess you can keep the score for our matchplay then. Like Lefty kept the score for my match last year :)hopefully someone in our group knows how to score, had PeteyD and Larry for guidance last year

LarryLong
15th January 2016, 09:04 AM
hopefully someone in our group knows how to score, had PeteyD for guidance last year

FTFY - I didn't even know what the score was in my match, let alone yours. I figured you were a long way up though - that tends to happen when you score three points on every freakin' hole. :)

Peppas
15th January 2016, 09:10 AM
hopefully someone in our group knows how to score, had PeteyD and Larry for guidance last year

Don't look at me buddy

Dotty
15th January 2016, 09:18 AM
Don't look at me buddy
Just play like you're playing for the NSW NAGA.

You'll then walk around the bar saying 'I can't believe I beat someone'.

shazza_rs
15th January 2016, 09:20 AM
FTFY - I didn't even know what the score was in my match, let alone yours. I figured you were a long way up though - that tends to happen when you score three points on every freakin' hole. :)

It was the back to back 4 a 4's that killed me!!!

Peppas
15th January 2016, 09:25 AM
Just play like you're playing for the NSW NAGA.

You'll then walk around the bar saying 'I can't believe I beat someone'.

Yeah OK, thanks Coach Dotty :)

Peppas
15th January 2016, 09:25 AM
It was the back to back 4 a 4's that killed me!!!

Oh so that's what Oldracer is expected to score? I'm ok with that

WBennett
15th January 2016, 09:49 AM
The Vic Champs is the shining light. How can it still be three weeks away?

simmsy
15th January 2016, 09:53 AM
Good to see Peppas embracing the uncivil war so wholeheartedly this year. Would hate to think he showed the same boredom for it as he did in 2013

Peppas
15th January 2016, 10:10 AM
Good to see Peppas embracing the uncivil war so wholeheartedly this year. Would hate to think he showed the same boredom for it as he did in 2013

Thanks mate, I had a good walk with you :)

Ferrins
15th January 2016, 10:30 AM
Getting comfortable with the look.

3Puttpete
15th January 2016, 10:52 AM

Box of tissues handy. Very comfortable

Shadesy
15th January 2016, 11:51 AM
Thanks mate, I had a good walk with you :)

Well it was boring watching Simmsy have 4 shots to get to your drive on the first.

oldracer
15th January 2016, 12:11 PM
It was the back to back 4 a 4's that killed me!!!well they were clearly hard holes that I played ok, is all

oldracer
15th January 2016, 12:14 PM
And to this day is my one and only match play, didn't do too bad for an old fart

Captain Nemo
15th January 2016, 12:15 PM

#needawax

Peppas
15th January 2016, 01:16 PM
And to this day is my one and only match play, didn't do too bad for an old fart

At least you have a winning record...

oldracer
15th January 2016, 08:21 PM
At least you have a winning record...:lol:

mrbluu
15th January 2016, 08:26 PM
At least you have a winning record...
Peppas do u know u even have a record??

Peppas
15th January 2016, 08:50 PM
Peppas do u know u even have a record??

Dunno, pretty sure the opponents kept them?

mrbluu
15th January 2016, 08:56 PM
Dunno, pretty sure the opponents kept them?
Are u sure u had opponents or just ppl who was in the same group as u??

LoveGolf2012
15th January 2016, 10:29 PM
Box of tissues handy. Very comfortable

Union guys,a box of tissues needs to be issued with your polo's..speak to your captain about this [emoji23][emoji23]

LoveGolf2012
16th January 2016, 10:00 PM
After the round at Metro,are they allowing us to use their change rooms and stuff?Obviously they would have certain dress rules in clubhouse?

Lefty,can you confirm ?