PDA

View Full Version : Coffs Harbour, Sunday 30 Apr

TS
4th April 2006, 10:27 AM
I will be in Coffs Harbour on Sunday 30 Apr. Do we have any ozgolfer in the area that would like game?

AndyP
4th April 2006, 10:48 AM
CoffsHacker lives there. Perhaps you should send him a PM to get his attention.

TS
4th April 2006, 10:53 AM
CoffsHacker lives there. Perhaps you should send him a PM to get his attention.

Thanks! Andy

andylo
4th April 2006, 11:11 AM
How long does it take to drive to Coff Harbour?

BrisVegas
4th April 2006, 11:22 AM
4-5 hours

TS
4th April 2006, 11:31 AM
How long does it take to drive to Coff Harbour?

From Bris, I guess it is about 400km. It would be 4.5 hours if I am driving. For ALO, 3 hrs should do it.

andylo
4th April 2006, 11:36 AM
Yeah if some one take out all the Speedcam :p

Lets see what happen :-) I am in pencil :)

Keza_G
4th April 2006, 01:57 PM
Scotty and I might be a goer for this..

I will know in 2 days...

Cheers

Keza

Coffs_Hacker
5th April 2006, 08:24 PM
Should be free Sun30th if some of you kind folk make it down/up my way, would be more than happy to organise a game if you guys wish.

Cheers

andylo
10th April 2006, 09:56 AM
Tony I am coming FIRM!

AndyP
10th April 2006, 10:26 AM
Tony I am coming FIRM!
Must resist....:-#

Keza_G
10th April 2006, 11:35 AM
Must resist....:-#

resist AP.... resist....

Jono
11th April 2006, 06:38 PM
1. TS
2. Alo
3. Jono

Keza_G
12th April 2006, 11:30 PM
we are out.. sorry Tony...

BrisVegas
13th April 2006, 07:23 AM
1. TS
2. Alo
3. Jono
4. Coffs_Hacker??

Pretty sure Craig said earlier that he'd join you guys if you came down for a game, so you got your 4th.

Coffs_Hacker
14th April 2006, 09:31 AM
Count me in :)

Trung
14th April 2006, 05:18 PM
Tony I am coming FIRM!

Shouldn't that be "Christine, I'm coming.......... FIRM"..... :mrgreen:

Christine: "Damn Alo, your too early..." :twisted:

TS
17th April 2006, 05:42 PM
Count me in :)

Hi Craig

Would you mind to PM me your phone number please? I sent you a PM a while ago, have you got it.

TS

AndyP
17th April 2006, 08:30 PM
Hi Craig

Would you mind to PM me your phone number please? I sent you a PM a while ago, have you got it.

TS
TS, if you don't get a reply, PM BrisVegas as he would have the details.

TS
17th April 2006, 08:34 PM
TS, if you don't get a reply, PM BrisVegas as he would have the details.

Andy. Thanks.

Coffs_Hacker
17th April 2006, 11:04 PM
PM sent Tony :)

While you guys are in town i know this quaint little Italian Restaurant u should try. Heard the food is really nice there :P

Craig

TS
17th April 2006, 11:11 PM
PM sent Tony :)

While you guys are in town i know this quaint little Italian Restaurant u should try. Heard the food is really nice there :P

Craig
What are the opening hours for that great restaurant. The boys are expect to arrive in town around 8pm, would that be too late?

TS

andylo
18th April 2006, 12:53 PM
Shouldn't that be "Christine, I'm coming.......... FIRM"..... :mrgreen:

Christine: "Damn Alo, your too early..." :twisted:

Just read that... damn ya Trung :D

imoveableobstruction
18th April 2006, 05:36 PM
Will be in Coffs on business that weekend, would love a game if you get a dropout.

Coffs_Hacker
20th April 2006, 10:35 AM
Called Bonville 2day and was informed of a comp on that morn and first tee time avail after that is 12:40. If you guys wish to have that time let me know and I can book it for you (imoveable can have my spot as i need to start work at 3:00) but bonville is usually 4-5hrs to play so might not fit in a full round before dark especially following the comp.

Jono
20th April 2006, 12:24 PM
I think 12:40 will be too late. Tony and I have to get to Nelson Bay that evening, so we need to finish by 3pm at the latest. Also, paying $110 green fee and not being able to finish the round would be a major bummer. :(

OK. Plan B. I've rung Coffs Harbour Golf Club and booked us a tee time for 8:17 am in their Sunday comp. It looks like an interesting track. Perhaps not as pretty as Bonville, but much cheaper. Around $35, I think.

I've also left my name and number with Bonville and they'll ring me if there are any cancellations.

I hope Plan B is OK with everyone?

andylo
21st April 2006, 08:48 AM
Coffs, what other method I can use to travel back to Brisbane from there if I am not driving?

AndyP
21st April 2006, 08:51 AM
Walk. Ride. Hitchhike.
But bus is probably your best bet.

Coffs_Hacker
21st April 2006, 09:23 AM
Fly to syd then fly to coffs on virg/qantas or theres a small carrier flying GC to Coffs direct but they're about $165 oneway i think

andylo
21st April 2006, 09:44 AM
Coffs is it possible to help me to find out the bus? I tried to look it up and I have this headache....

work + house + termite + boss... I am about to dry :cry:

please, please.....

TS
21st April 2006, 09:53 AM
Coffs, what other method I can use to travel back to Brisbane from there if I am not driving?

The other choice would be come play Pacific Dune with Jono & I on Monday and then catch a plane home from Sydney on Monday night.

BrisVegas
21st April 2006, 09:59 AM
The other choice would be come play Pacific Dune with Jono & I on Monday and then catch a plane home from Sydney on Monday night.

Pacific Dunes eh? hmmmm

Jono
21st April 2006, 10:09 AM
Alo,

http://www.greyhound.com.au/default.aspx#

There's one leaving Coffs Harbour at 4:45pm and arriving in Brisbane 11:15pm. $64. 8)

However, as Tony mentioned, you are welcome to drive down to Sydney with us and fly up Monday night/Tues morn. I've got a couch if you need somewhere to sleep Mon night.

andylo
21st April 2006, 11:03 AM
Booked my bus ticket as per Jono suggested. All set :D

So Jono please remeber to pick me up on Saturday :)

andylo
21st April 2006, 11:05 AM
Alo,

http://www.greyhound.com.au/default.aspx#

There's one leaving Coffs Harbour at 4:45pm and arriving in Brisbane 11:15pm. $64. 8)

However, as Tony mentioned, you are welcome to drive down to Sydney with us and fly up Monday night/Tues morn. I've got a couch if you need somewhere to sleep Mon night.

Love to but I am sure Christine will let me go but she won't be too happy.

TS
21st April 2006, 11:14 AM
Love to but I am sure Christine will let me go but she won't be too happy.

We now know who wear pants in the family.

andylo
21st April 2006, 11:21 AM
why do you need to wear pants when your partner not wearing anything all the time? :lol:

AndyP
21st April 2006, 11:28 AM
A-Lo, I can't believe how much you spend on extra expensives around golf.
$64 for the bus trip on top of the actual round costs for Coffs.
$110 for accommodation for the Headland rounds.
I thought Christine had a tight reign on the cashflow.

andylo
21st April 2006, 11:44 AM
Well the thing is I don't spent 1c from Monday to Friday. So I got a $100 saving for my golf sh1t every week. Plus its not something happening everyweek.

How rarely is Tony and Jono are up here? Well Coff is still a bit far but its closest I can get to meet these 2 (pricks) again :lol:

Jono
21st April 2006, 05:27 PM
Well the thing is I don't spent 1c from Monday to Friday. So I got a $100 saving for my golf sh1t every week. Plus its not something happening everyweek.

How rarely is Tony and Jono are up here? Well Coff is still a bit far but its closest I can get to meet these 2 (pricks) again :lol:

You wanna walk down to Coffs? :???:

TS
21st April 2006, 05:34 PM

I think you should drop him off somewhere between Coffs and Bris, somewhere quiet.

AndyP
21st April 2006, 07:55 PM
Do you think he's seen Wolf Creek?

andylo
21st April 2006, 08:09 PM

No :lol:

Jono
1st May 2006, 09:01 AM
Well, this was the last leg of my golfing trip up north. Originally, Tony and I were planning to play Pacific Dunes on the way down, but that was cancelled due to golfing fatigue on my part and Tony having to come back to Sydney early.

Arrived at Coffs Sat night with Alo and met up with TS. Got to Coffshacker's restaurant called "Maria" around 8pm. Had a good feed for a very nice price (thanks Craig. 8) ) and Craig came out to have a quick chat with us after the place quietened down a bit.

We teed off at the Coffs Harbour golf course at 8:17 the next morning, and it started to rain! After a week of clear skies, it had to happen, I suppose. I was all ready to play wet weather golf but luck for us, it cleared up a bit and we actually played most of the round dry. The big rain clouds hit us as we were having lunch after the round. 8)

This was my first time playing with Craig and I could see that if he had more time to play, he would be a low marker. He hits the ball quite a long way and despite some 3 putts, easily scored 36 points. Craig was also telling me how he used to drive Brisvegas crazy when they were teenagers by outdriving him with $20 clubs whilst Dion was flashing his newest and best Taylormade clubs ... Is this true, Dion? :twisted:

To be cont ...

Coffs_Hacker
1st May 2006, 10:00 AM
Thanks to John, Andy and Tony for making it down my way for a game. Fun and frustration was had by all for the day with some pretty good shots played especially by andylo after his 14 warmup holes. I think the greens tricked everybody yesterday being very slow to putt on and with some tricky reads and pin placements (ie side of hills). Hope to catch up again when i'm in syd in a few weeks time

Results
Coffs 36pts
TS 29pts
Jono 28pts
Andylo 27pts

TS
1st May 2006, 10:10 AM
Craig. Thanks for for looking after us on Sat and provided great company on Sunday.

ALO plays some brillant shots as well as some shockers.

Jono & I played our normal hacker's game as normal. I was 4 points up against Jono with 3 holes to go. Had a major collapse and have to hand over the hard earn cash at the end of the game. I think I need to buy some new clubs.

Jono
1st May 2006, 11:10 AM
I typed a long message, but for some reason, I can't post it up? AndyP? :?

Well, that was a very enjoyable 6 days of golf for me. Caught up with a lot of Qld Ozgolf mates and got to play some very nice courses. 8) Thanks guys and a special thanks to Brisvegas and Mrs Brisvegas for letting me stay at their place and also to Addam Smith for his warm hospitality. 8) Oh, and thanks to Alo, Christine, Kee and Heidi for the Korean BBQ dinner Friday night. :smt023

AndyP
1st May 2006, 12:47 PM
I typed a long message, but for some reason, I can't post it up? AndyP? :? Unless you had 0 characters or more than 10,000 characters, I don't know what the problem would be. Weren't you provided with a reason?

andylo
1st May 2006, 05:49 PM
Heidi here:

You are welcome! :)

BrisVegas
1st May 2006, 10:00 PM
This was my first time playing with Craig and I could see that if he had more time to play, he would be a low marker. He hits the ball quite a long way and despite some 3 putts, easily scored 36 points. Craig was also telling me how he used to drive Brisvegas crazy when they were teenagers by outdriving him with $20 clubs whilst Dion was flashing his newest and best Taylormade clubs ... Is this true, Dion? :twisted:

To be cont ...
Craig smokes a lot of pot and was clearly high when you talked... Craig was a better tennis player than me when we were kids, but he's got nuthin on the golf course... I had the $20 clubs by they way... He had his dad's flashy Slazengers!