PDA

View Full Version : I want to buy some new irons and need some feedback on my ideas

dowdsy
21st June 2015, 04:03 PM
I currently have MP 53 with dynalite sg300 shafts not made for me but they were cheap enough at the time. Just keep coming up short with these clubs ballooning a bit. My ideas are TM rsi TP, Mizuno mp15 or even mizuno forged EZ of course will get fitted properly. I play of 7 and am usually all around it most weeks more bad than good but the good ones keep me down there, I strike my irons pretty good but always short what do you guys think? I have hit all except the EZ and liked the TM over the 15 but it was also solid. As you can see I prefer a forged club. Thanks in advance.

Blackhelmo
21st June 2015, 04:20 PM
All I can offer is not what you're after. I have recently purchased a set of Nike forged coverts with reg NSPro shafts. If your keen PM your email I'll send some pics. They have had 4 games total, NO practice range work. Approx 220 shots in total. I have hit the TM RSi and believe they are a great club. Tried them during the evaluation at the TM LAB in Brisbane.

dowdsy
21st June 2015, 04:26 PM
Thanks mate, this time I will get fitted properly just to make sure I get the right shaft but I also really liked the RSITP

3Puttpete
21st June 2015, 05:39 PM
I strike my irons pretty good but always short what do you guys think?

Club up?

Hatchman
21st June 2015, 05:42 PM
You sure it's the club/shaft combo that's causing the ballooning and not the ball your your playing?

Jazz18
21st June 2015, 07:51 PM
I don't think you can go wrong with most stuff these days. If you like the look and feel and get fit, that's the main thing. The RSI TP's are nice to look at. Haven't hit them yet. The MP15 didn't feel as good as the 64s or 59 s IMO. Have you thought about JDM irons? There are some amazing forged irons from the JDM stable. Lots more $ but may be worth it if you like forged.

JADO75
21st June 2015, 08:00 PM
Get them bent stronger

dowdsy
21st June 2015, 08:11 PM
Club up?you prob right and then maybe get a 4 hybrid?

dowdsy
21st June 2015, 08:11 PM
You sure it's the club/shaft combo that's causing the ballooning and not the ball your your playing? same result from two different balls hatchman

Hatchman
21st June 2015, 08:42 PM
Which balls?

Blackhelmo
21st June 2015, 09:07 PM
Thanks mate, this time I will get fitted properly just to make sure I get the right shaft but I also really liked the RSITP you won't go wrong, I picked up a few extra metres with the RSi, but didn't have the coin to buy them.

3Puttpete
21st June 2015, 09:32 PM
you prob right and then maybe get a 4 hybrid?

I'm a fan of the 5 hybrid

dowdsy
21st June 2015, 11:58 PM
Which balls?
Pro v1 and mizuno mps

Hatchman
22nd June 2015, 12:49 AM
Interesting that the ProV is ballooning.
From personal experience ballooning is too much spin. Most often results are further left or right but on well struck straight shots the ball spins upwards/balloons dies and drops out of the sky.
I think you need different shafts to reduce your spin rate. As to what I don't know enough re: shafts specs to recommend.

Bucks71
22nd June 2015, 10:38 AM
get fitted for new shafts. nothing wrong with the mp-53 heads.

Daves
22nd June 2015, 10:40 AM
get fitted for new shafts. nothing wrong with the mp-53 heads.

Agree, I have a set of 53/59 combos and they are the equal of similar competitor irons, certainly not shorter, HL or prone to spin too much.

dowdsy
22nd June 2015, 10:57 AM
get fitted for new shafts. nothing wrong with the mp-53 heads. yeah that's what I was thinking bucks.

markTHEblake
22nd June 2015, 01:24 PM
You should go see a club fitter. They will be able to tell you why you are getting these results and what you need to change it

Oh, and club up.

Hogan's Bogan
23rd June 2015, 05:02 PM
Probably best to get an assesment with Trackman or similar out on a range with a Pro. New shafts could save a lot of mony over new irons.

gazgolf1
23rd June 2015, 05:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G607ubLsLEA Flipping it at impact? adding more loft?

dowdsy
24th June 2015, 09:18 AM
Not flipping it, spoken to a few people with same club and shaft and have had the same issue with coming up short. Really liking the RSI TP at the moment then I get to buy more golf junk.