PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint Express classes

FuzzyJuzzy
15th June 2015, 07:32 AM
An Aimpoint Express Green Reading class is being hosted at my club soonish. I'm curious-ish, but not going to go myself - not because I don't believe in the system (nor even know much about it other than what I see Scotty, Lydia Ko, and other pros doing, and what I've read briefly in magazines), but it's not something I'd spend $200 on (particularly me being at the tail end of minor spending spree on gear atm).
Just curious if any of you blokes have taken Aimpoint classes, are using the system, and find that it helps heaps? Cheers, FJ.

mrbluu
15th June 2015, 07:38 AM
Can u find out who is running it and when???

braddles
15th June 2015, 12:18 PM
I would definitely recommend it. Most of the info is on the DVD if cost is a problem (about $100). You will still need a level to practice. I would teach you if I was in Sydney - the theory takes about 15 minutes, the rest is calibrating the feeling/slope with your feet. I think this is the easiest way to improve your score, especially if you currently struggle reading greens.

3oneday
15th June 2015, 12:30 PM
Would the DVD do the same, ie is it understandable?

I had 39 putts yesterday, 6 3 jabs and all because of poor reads.

live4golf
15th June 2015, 12:38 PM
Same question as 3OD. I suck at putting, apparently my technique is fine so it must be my reading, right?

braddles
15th June 2015, 12:43 PM

The hardest part is determining the gradient of slope (%) with your feet. The rest is very easy and explained in the DVD. I showed a mate how to do it in 15 minutes. He was struggling with his putting despite his good stroke. I read his last 5 putts one round (not in a comp) and he made 4/5, with most putts in the 8-12ft range.

razaar
15th June 2015, 01:08 PM
IMO the aimpoint express plg level is a must to learning how to guage levels and the number of fingers to guage the starting line.http://woodyimports.com/collections/new-putting-products/products/aimpoint-express-plg

mrbluu
15th June 2015, 01:11 PM
The hardest part is determining the gradient of slope (%) with your feet. The rest is very easy and explained in the DVD. I showed a mate how to do it in 15 minutes. He was struggling with his putting despite his good stroke. I read his last 5 putts one round (not in a comp) and he made 4/5, with most putts in the 8-12ft range.
Did u use a spirit level to help u with determining the gradients???

Tank33
15th June 2015, 01:35 PM
I have done the old school aimpoint course and used to use it.

While doing the course with all major pennant players of St. Micks, I have found that even with the proper Aimpoint technique, the hardest part of putting (given that you already have a half decent stroke) was aiming where you want to aim.
Almost every putt, the instructors behind the hole had to correct where he was aiming.

Where the aimpoint or the express version comes in handy is, I believe, that it helps you to eliminate your doubts and trust that your putt has a good chance of going in.
Although the Aimpoint pretends to make the putting exact science, you can never make it exact science without measuring everything with the equipments.

If you struggle with putting with a good stroke, I suggest you get your alignment checked up.

If you believe you have a good stroke with the perfect alignment and still struggle, I think all you have to do is do a full 360 lap around the putt to read, rather than trying to read it from one end.

If all fails, you know what you have do, buy a new putter.

live4golf
15th June 2015, 01:51 PM
I have done the old school aimpoint course and used to use it.

While doing the course with all major pennant players of St. Micks, I have found that even with the proper Aimpoint technique, the hardest part of putting (given that you already have a half decent stroke) was aiming where you want to aim.
Almost every putt, the instructors behind the hole had to correct where he was aiming.

Where the aimpoint or the express version comes in handy is, I believe, that it helps you to eliminate your doubts and trust that your putt has a good chance of going in.
Although the Aimpoint pretends to make the putting exact science, you can never make it exact science without measuring everything with the equipments.

If you struggle with putting with a good stroke, I suggest you get your alignment checked up.

If you believe you have a good stroke with the perfect alignment and still struggle, I think all you have to do is do a full 360 lap around the putt to read, rather than trying to read it from one end.

If all fails, you know what you have do, buy a new putter.

you are wise beyond your years :)

Hatchman
15th June 2015, 02:07 PM

Sure it's read and not your speed?

Same question as 3OD. I suck at putting, apparently my technique is fine so it must be my reading, right?

Could be your speed?

braddles
15th June 2015, 02:18 PM
Did u use a spirit level to help u with determining the gradients???

Yes. I bought one of these from my aimpoint instructor.

http://www.amazon.com/iGaging-Digital-Magnetic-Laser-Level/dp/B002TDE9D0

You still need to aim at the right spot and hit it with the correct speed (about nine inches past). I don't read every putt perfectly, but I hole 2-3 putts per round in the 10-20ft range that I didn't before. My misses are also much closer now.

mrbluu
15th June 2015, 02:23 PM
Yes. I bought one of these from my aimpoint instructor.

http://www.amazon.com/iGaging-Digital-Magnetic-Laser-Level/dp/B002TDE9D0

You still need to aim at the right spot and hit it with the correct speed (about nine inches past). I don't read every putt perfectly, but I hole 2-3 putts per round in the 10-20ft range that I didn't before. My misses are also much closer now.
Awesome I got mine off ray recently so I might do the course and see how I go.

3oneday
15th June 2015, 03:02 PM
Sure it's read and not your speed?hmmm, so if it breaks to the right after I aimed right lip, I guess it could be speed?

or not.

Sydney Hacker
15th June 2015, 03:05 PM
hmmm, so if it breaks to the right after I aimed right lip, I guess it could be speed? or not. Open putter face promoting a fade... :)

braddles
15th June 2015, 03:21 PM
hmmm, so if it breaks to the right after I aimed right lip, I guess it could be speed?

or not.

Must be grain!

3oneday
15th June 2015, 05:09 PM
LOFT

Captain Nemo
15th June 2015, 06:58 PM

I'll help you for a carton of beer, swing by my place... ;)

Captain Nemo
30th July 2020, 09:18 AM
Ok, so our club has the only 2 qualified Aimpoint Express teachers in Sydney now!
Anyone want to share a lessson with me , let me know.....