PDA

View Full Version : Putter - How to set up with the right loft

andylo
3rd April 2006, 03:39 PM
The SC RedX2, Phamtom2 are center shaft and they have the 3 dots on the heel for you to align the right loft (which is about 4*) and all you need to do is just make sure the shaft covered those 3 dots

But for the heel shaft version and the most of the rest other branded putter don't have such thing. Is there a easy way to make sure you have setup the putter lie on right loft before start putting.

Matt 3 Jab
3rd April 2006, 03:51 PM
the three dots is for face angle not loft, as long as the shaft is at 90 degrees to the ground the loft should be right.

3oneday
3rd April 2006, 04:01 PM
Yep, setup and hit it, if it spins back too far, set your hands slightly more forward.

Grunt
3rd April 2006, 04:10 PM
Get Trung to adjust it for you, he put about 40* of loft on mine when he ran over it with a golf cart.

3oneday
3rd April 2006, 04:36 PM
Get Trung to adjust it for you, he put about 40* of loft on mine when he ran over it with a golf cart.:lol:

andylo
3rd April 2006, 04:38 PM
the three dots is for face angle not loft, as long as the shaft is at 90 degrees to the ground the loft should be right.

Isn't face angle = loft? or you mean lie angle?

3oneday
3rd April 2006, 04:40 PM
Isn't face angle = loft? or you mean lie angle?whether the face is open, shut or square....

McMw
3rd April 2006, 04:52 PM
copy of the see-more putters...

you're not spose to see the 3red dots if u've addressed the putter correctly...
then again, it also depends if your set-up is right in the first place...

great concept!!!

andylo
3rd April 2006, 04:54 PM
copy of the see-more putters...

you're not spose to see the 3red dots if u've addressed the putter correctly...
then again, it also depends if your set-up is right in the first place...

great concept!!!

Its only avaliable to the center shaft version putter.... I tried the center shaft version but I keep pulling it so I go back to heel shaft

But I seems to have problem setting the damn thing up :(

Thanks 3oneday :)