PDA

View Full Version : Tour Tempo

live4golf
14th June 2015, 08:25 PM
Anyone looked into this, read the book, used the app?

https://www.tourtempo.com/

Tank33
15th June 2015, 07:08 PM
I have the app on my iphone. Its a great training aid.

I haven't read the book and I don't think you will find much more useful information other than how they came up with the idea.

The app contains videos that explain all about the tempo tunes and how you can utilise them.

If you don't want to pay for the app, just search for youtube vidoes or free tunes on the net to try them out.

Peppas
15th June 2015, 07:09 PM
I have a feeling jono had all this tour tempo stuff

live4golf
15th June 2015, 07:19 PM
Got the app. I want to get consistency with my tempo, I know I rush at times and I don't need to.

Hatchman
15th June 2015, 07:46 PM
Got the app. I want to get consistency with my tempo, I know I rush at times and I don't need to.

Sky Pro has the tempo trainer function.
I really need give it a try. Bought one 2 years ago and never used it yet.

Tank33
16th June 2015, 03:53 PM

It is definitely a good tool to get your tempo consistent. I used to listen to my tempo tunes while driving to the golf course on Saturdays.
Maybe I should start doing it again.

Here is my 2 cents for choosing which tempo you work with.
The instruction video tells you to try different tempos and try to find the one with the best outcome but it could be hard to choose which one to use because one might work well one day and the other works well on another day.

For me, the best way to choose which tempo to use was actually measuring the time of my downswing. (ie from the top of backswing to impact)
If you go through a number of your swing videos, you will find you are pretty consistent with downswing time. You can take the club back slowly or quickly but your downswing time is already pretty much built into your swing.
It doesn't matter which club you use. Whether you use a driver or a PW, they will be the same. Whether I measure a swing that is 2 years old or yesterday, it's the same.

Mine is pretty much spot on 0.26 seconds which corresponds to 24/8 tempo.

If you measure the time and divide that time by 0.033 you get the number (e.g 0.26 / 0.033 = 8 )
If your downswing time is around 0.23 seconds, you have to work with 21/7 and if it takes 0.29 seconds, you will have to use 27/9 and so on.

Hope this helps.

BUSHY
16th June 2015, 06:23 PM
I have the tour tempo 'tunes' in my iPod and on my iPhone. I don't use it alot but I use it when I feel I'm getting really quick in the transition and downswing. I find myself using 21/7.

live4golf
16th June 2015, 07:04 PM
It is definitely a good tool to get your tempo consistent. I used to listen to my tempo tunes while driving to the golf course on Saturdays.
Maybe I should start doing it again.

Here is my 2 cents for choosing which tempo you work with.
The instruction video tells you to try different tempos and try to find the one with the best outcome but it could be hard to choose which one to use because one might work well one day and the other works well on another day.

For me, the best way to choose which tempo to use was actually measuring the time of my downswing. (ie from the top of backswing to impact)
If you go through a number of your swing videos, you will find you are pretty consistent with downswing time. You can take the club back slowly or quickly but your downswing time is already pretty much built into your swing.
It doesn't matter which club you use. Whether you use a driver or a PW, they will be the same. Whether I measure a swing that is 2 years old or yesterday, it's the same.

Mine is pretty much spot on 0.26 seconds which corresponds to 24/8 tempo.

If you measure the time and divide that time by 0.033 you get the number (e.g 0.26 / 0.033 = 8 )
If your downswing time is around 0.23 seconds, you have to work with 21/7 and if it takes 0.29 seconds, you will have to use 27/9 and so on.

Hope this helps.

That helps a ton, I was trying to figure out how to set my baseline

Hatchman
23rd June 2015, 08:59 PM
Wish I could get my tempo back to um, par, par, um, par, par. It's like the record got stuck and it's um, um, um, um, um, um, par.

wazamac
23rd June 2015, 09:16 PM
Wish I could get my tempo back to um, par, par, um, par, par. It's like the record got stuck and it's um, um, um, um, um, um, par.

+1