PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 8 June 2015

jimandr
12th June 2015, 06:06 PM
I think we need to find more early midweek players, or more players prepared to start weekly threads near the start of weeks. Friday is too late.

Anyway, I played today at Ballina, and I played quite well for 37 points. I was going really well until the unlucky 13th, when the putts stopped dropping. Still, I hit the ball well today.

The other highlight was from one of my playing partners, a guy I hadn't met before. He told us on the 1st that he hated hitting the first tee shot, and then made sure he went last. He then hit his drive a full 10.5 inches. So close to an airy on the 1st. I had to turn away so he didn't catch me laughing.

Hatchman
12th June 2015, 06:34 PM
I think it would be better to have one for the Month than for the week. JMHO.

benno_r
12th June 2015, 06:37 PM
I think we need to find more early midweek players, or more players prepared to start weekly threads near the start of weeks. Friday is too late.

Anyway, I played today at Ballina, and I played quite well for 37 points. I was going really well until the unlucky 13th, when the putts stopped dropping. Still, I hit the ball well today.

The other highlight was from one of my playing partners, a guy I hadn't met before. He told us on the 1st that he hated hitting the first tee shot, and then made sure he went last. He then hit his drive a full 10.5 inches. So close to an airy on the 1st. I had to turn away so he didn't catch me laughing.
Good round Jim, don't waste them all yet though.

highballin
13th June 2015, 03:03 PM
MHad a different start to my round today. Was at the course bright and early to hit a bucket of balls and practice some putting using Aimpoint Express.

Was so keen got the buggy out of the car and ripped it open. Almost passed out had that sick feeling in the gut when you know you just did something really f*ckin stupid.

I had managed to almost sever the top of my index finger.

Anyway after I got over the shock I wiped the blood up and put some bandaids on it. Thought I will give it a go!

Had 33pts. Played pretty well on the front considering I wiped the first and sixth hole. 14pts.
By the back 9 finger had stopped throbbing couldn't feel it. Had 19pts and played some really solid golf.

Putting overall was really good even though I had 35putts. Couple of brain explosions distorted that.

Will post my Aimpoint impressions in the thread I started.

Dangals
13th June 2015, 03:10 PM
Solid effort there hb all things considered

highballin
13th June 2015, 03:28 PM
Solid effort there hb all things considered

Thanks Dangals the funny thing is the mistakes I made were nothing to do with the finger. They were my usual brain fades!

jimandr
13th June 2015, 04:24 PM
Is there a provision in the Aimpoint theory for a swollen and bloody finger? If not, that's why you didn't go better.

Anyway, nice story. Gruesome, but nice.

highballin
13th June 2015, 05:33 PM
Is there a provision in the Aimpoint theory for a swollen and bloody finger? If not, that's why you didn't go better.

Anyway, nice story. Gruesome, but nice.

I just took the measurement in between throbs;)

Hatchman
13th June 2015, 08:36 PM
HB bleeds for the game [emoji3]

thecollective
13th June 2015, 09:29 PM
Another reason why you should carry your clubs ;-)

BenM
13th June 2015, 10:05 PM
Wins monthly medal one week.

Shoots 29 points the next with some of the most godawful golf ever seen.

Yes, this is how I roll....

AlexMc
13th June 2015, 10:12 PM
30 points - 17/13. Getting used to missing holes I previously got. 4 shanks chipping out the back 9 did not help...

benno_r
14th June 2015, 07:26 AM
MHad a different start to my round today. Was at the course bright and early to hit a bucket of balls and practice some putting using Aimpoint Express.

Was so keen got the buggy out of the car and ripped it open. Almost passed out had that sick feeling in the gut when you know you just did something really f*ckin stupid.

I had managed to almost sever the top of my index finger.

Anyway after I got over the shock I wiped the blood up and put some bandaids on it. Thought I will give it a go!

Had 33pts. Played pretty well on the front considering I wiped the first and sixth hole. 14pts.
By the back 9 finger had stopped throbbing couldn't feel it. Had 19pts and played some really solid golf.

Putting overall was really good even though I had 35putts. Couple of brain explosions distorted that.

Will post my Aimpoint impressions in the thread I started.

4 fingered bandit!

How do you do 6 fingers in Aimpoint? 3 on each hand?

davidw88
14th June 2015, 08:46 AM
Chopped it up for 26 points and think I only had 1 wipe.

live4golf
14th June 2015, 08:54 AM
32 points, not as good as previous weeks but certainly not crud. The new Lajosi feels very nice, had at least 6 putts burn the hole. The new mizzies have potential, wedges are still a mystery.

highballin
14th June 2015, 09:33 AM
4 fingered bandit!

How do you do 6 fingers in Aimpoint? 3 on each hand?

Yeah or 5 & 1 or 4 & 2 :wink:

wazamac
14th June 2015, 04:40 PM
My weekend was pretty uneventful. +1 on saturday, crap front nine with -2 and coming home with +3 ( 36 strokes). Sunday was square all day until the usual last 3 holes where I started thinking about it. Ended up with -2.
Highlight of the day would have to be one of the playing partners drive on the 8th. Lowballed it dead centre of a tree about 40m away, balled skyed back over our heads about 20m and came to rest about 2 in inside the fenceline.
How many jugs do you have to payout if the drive ends up behind you?:mrgreen:

AndyP
14th June 2015, 05:03 PM
13/06/2015, Wolston Park GC, Matchplay Qualifiers Rd 1.

5/11 effective tee shots, 9/18 effective approaches, 4/6 up and down successes, 33 putts.
Score (http://www.ozgolf.net/andyp/Scorecard/rounds/20150613-p173.html): 36-37-73 nett 67 (Par 35-32-67)

I am at a loss to explain how I keep scoring so well. I rarely play, I don't practice, and when I collect my card at the start of a round and see a handicap of 6, I shake my head.

I actually felt that this round should have been several shots lower. For a long time, my putting would save my inaccuracies with approaches and keep my score decent. Now it is restricting me from shooting low; there were way too many gettable birdie putts missed, plus a missed tap-in for bogey. You don't expect to flush the ball for 18 holes, but when you are flushing it, you want to convert. I didn't do this on the front nine, where I probably should have been 1 under. The back nine was a bit of a slog, but I kept it together okay, except a couple of brain farts.

I think 73 should be enough to have me in the qualifying range of top 8 after the first round, but we'll see, as it is also Rd 3 of the club champs. 4th place after the first two rounds of club champs averaged 74.5. I hope I can play the same sort of golf next week.

nadg63
14th June 2015, 09:29 PM
My weekend was pretty uneventful. +1 on saturday, crap front nine with -2 and coming home with +3 ( 36 strokes). Sunday was square all day until the usual last 3 holes where I started thinking about it. Ended up with -2.
Highlight of the day would have to be one of the playing partners drive on the 8th. Lowballed it dead centre of a tree about 40m away, balled skyed back over our heads about 20m and came to rest about 2 in inside the fenceline.
How many jugs do you have to payout if the drive ends up behind you?:mrgreen:

Haha, that's a good effort on that hole!

benno_r
15th June 2015, 08:21 AM
Sunday June 14th - Darwin GC Monthly medal Stroke

Started on the 10th, nice drive up the middle. Did not hit 1 GIR on the back nine, and made the turn +7. Scrambled 3 pars though, including a chip in 17. Finally hit a GIR on 1, which i 2 putted for par. Followed this with 4 more pars - all up and downs with 1 putts. Punted my drive into the lake on 7, ended up with a double bogey. Hit another GIR on 9 for a 2 putt par. Finished the front 9 +4. Driving was decent, putting was great, as was my short game. Not sure what was up with my iron swing, but pushed a tonne of shots right.

40/43 83 (nett 72)
7/13 fairways
2/18 greens
26putts
0x 3 putts
9par
7bogey
2 doubles

Played to 9.2 drops the cap from 9.9 to 9.6. Very dumb NSW champs preparation.

mrbluu
15th June 2015, 09:16 AM
Played Cabra yesterday and had very low expectations after chopping it the weekend before. Had time for a quick putt before the game and asked my mate to check my alignment. It was a touch open, so I squared it up and off to the tee I go.

After hitting left on both 10 and 11, I chip out and hit really good shots in leaving me makable putts for me par. Still not over comfortable with the stroke so I smash the putts through the break and bogey the first 2.

Get to the 12th hit it into the trap, nice shot out leaving me a 12footer for par. Hit a really good putt but it slid past and I missed the little one coming back. FFS!!

Parred the next 3 then hit a nice 9iron into 16 to about 10feet for birdie. Parred 17 and 18 as well.

Front nine. Parred 1, 2 and nice up and down on 3 for par. Knock it in the trees on 4 and had to punch out again. Knocked it 25 feet from the pin and holed it. Parred 5 and 6 as well.

Green side trap on 7 for a double (shit this hole and bunker has my by the balls at the moment.). Nice up and down on 8 for par.

Now to par 9 for 37 points. Smoked driver but slightly left. Hiy a nice punch shot to the green cos of the over hanging branches, got too steep and left me 10m short of the green. Nice chip (nearly holed it) to about 8 feet. Miss read the putt and missed the hole completely.

Very happy with the round but very frustrated that I couldn't break. Also got lucky on some drive that I hit off line but where in very playable positions.

Stats
36 points
1 x birdie
1 x 3 putts
9 GIRS

3oneday
15th June 2015, 11:18 AM
I putted like L4G yesterday.

mrbluu
15th June 2015, 11:21 AM
I putted like L4G yesterday.

sounds like you need to buy a new driver and wedges!!

highballin
20th June 2015, 03:29 PM
Wrong week

live4golf
20th June 2015, 04:05 PM
22 points. Even tiger and Rickie would have beaten me.