PDA

View Full Version : Nabisco Champs

Grunt
3rd April 2006, 07:44 AM
Karrie Webb has won the Nabisco Champs after a playoff. She had a final round 65 with an eagle on the last to be clubhouse leader then watch as Lorena Ochea eagled it too to force a play off.
It just might be the omen our guys need to get up at The Masters this week.

3oneday
3rd April 2006, 08:00 AM
Karrie Webb has won the Nabisco Champs after a playoff. She had a final round 65 with an eagle on the last to be clubhouse leader then watch as Lorena Ochea eagled it too to force a play off.
It just might be the omen our guys need to get up at The Masters this week.Excellent, I thought she was out of it after yesterday. Looks like she has dropped about 20 kilos as well, must have embarked on a fitness campaign, obviously for the better !!!

Pete

Grunt
3rd April 2006, 08:04 AM
Bet her caddy is glad she lost weight too! After the eagle on the last she ran at him and jumped into his arms :shock: . Great comeback to win from 7 shots behind entering the final round. Guys at the golf club on Saturday afternoon were joking about her not having a chin.

McMw
3rd April 2006, 01:12 PM
it was great to see her on the leaderboard after R1 - but she faded out of the way in R2 R3 - so was really suprised when I read the news this morning...

she prob couldn't get this high with all the extra weight anyway... :D
http://images.thegolfchannel.com/images/photogallery/110324.jpg

Jarro
3rd April 2006, 01:19 PM
great to see her back in the winners circle. She's been swinging the club really well lately (so they say) and with the new look slimmer figure, she might just go on and win a few more tournaments 8)

I suppose she'll go home tonight and give Kelly Robins a good tongue-lashing too ;)

3oneday
3rd April 2006, 01:28 PM
I suppose she'll go home tonight and give Kelly Robins a good tongue-lashing too ;)I feel that relationship ended quite some time ago ya toss.

Jarro
3rd April 2006, 01:38 PM
ok.

must've been in the Gay & Bi monthly mag you subscribe too ..... :roll:

i didn't know they'd split.

Moe Norman
3rd April 2006, 01:54 PM
did anyone see the look an Wie's face when Webb holed out on 18??

Bruce
3rd April 2006, 02:05 PM
A commetator on SEN this morning (Mike Clayton?) said she had rebuilt her swing over the last 2 years and hance her time in the wilderness. Could she follow Tiger's resurgence? His new swing seems to be going all right so far.

3oneday
3rd April 2006, 02:59 PM
must've been in the Bi monthly mag you subscribe too ..... :roll:idiot....

it only arrives once a month :p

Jarro
3rd April 2006, 03:01 PM
nice try h_o_m_o :p

3oneday
3rd April 2006, 03:03 PM
nice try h_o_m_o :p :-#

Grunt
3rd April 2006, 03:08 PM
Did anyone else see the telecast after she got the birdie on the playoff hole? All the other players that ran out to give her a hug, there were about 6 of them. Maybe she is on the market and they were all trying to be the one she spends the night doing the carpentry with (tongue & groove).

3oneday
3rd April 2006, 03:38 PM
Ws it a major ?? I didn't think they jumped in lakes unless it was....

Pete

Virgal_Tracy
4th April 2006, 08:48 AM
Ws it a major ?? I didn't think they jumped in lakes unless it was....

Pete
yeah 1st major of the year. Great start lets see if she can continue. 1st win since 2002.

pt73
4th April 2006, 09:02 AM
31 tournament wins incl 7 majors by age 31 is a pretty decent effort in anyone's books.

PT

goughy
5th April 2006, 05:46 AM
I know they talk about her going through a swing change etc. But I don't think she has played well since the tournament she won instead of withdrawing to head home to see her dying grandfather. I think she missed him by a few hours and hasn't forgiven herself. He was a major influence in her life.

That's my thoughts. And great to see her win.

miro
5th April 2006, 08:13 AM
yeah 1st major of the year. Great start lets see if she can continue. 1st win since 2002.

Incorrect, first win since 2004 -maybe her first major since 2002?