PDA

View Full Version : Matt 3 Jab vs Coffshacker, Carnarvon 12.15pm, 16/5/06

Matt 3 Jab
2nd April 2006, 04:32 PM
not sure when this is happening, but i thought i would make this thread so if coffshacker see's it he might give some idea of when we can play it.
look forward to playing and have a great match.

jimandr
4th April 2006, 09:59 PM
I've got CoffsHacker's mobile number. Obviously your PM to him wasn't successful. It's a pity, because if you are still going to Port Macquarie over Easter I'm sure you could've found a mutally agreeable venue.

If he hasn't responded by tomorrow I'll PM his phone number to you Wednesday night. An SMS may be better than a phone call out of the blue.

I see that Tony will be keen to gain his attention as well.

Coffs_Hacker
5th April 2006, 07:32 PM
Sorry guys been offline a fair bit with work lately unfortunately lookin at first week of may for me because of the school hols, if your in port soon matt give me some dates abd I'll do my best to make this happen sooner if you wish

Cheers
Craig

Matt 3 Jab
2nd May 2006, 03:18 PM
looks like it will be tuesday the 16th at carnarvon, will book 1 group for a mid morning time, 2 spots left or could make it 2 groups, maybe pinglauncher could help with the booking? local knowlage with the time sheets?

jimandr
2nd May 2006, 09:54 PM
Its good news that this game is finally happening. However, I played Coffs at Carnarvon last year. He'll think its the only course in Sydney.

There is a chance that I can make this game. I'll PM Jono and see if he can make it, then we could play our match at the same time.

Ping should be able to secure a booking on the weekend, if not sooner.

Trung
2nd May 2006, 10:50 PM
the 16th can be booked on the 9th (one week before)

Jono
3rd May 2006, 05:35 AM
Its good news that this game is finally happening. However, I played Coffs at Carnarvon last year. He'll think its the only course in Sydney.

There is a chance that I can make this game. I'll PM Jono and see if he can make it, then we could play our match at the same time.

Ping should be able to secure a booking on the weekend, if not sooner.

Carnarvon is fine by me (even though I have never shot better than 32 points there :roll: :lol: )

At this stage, I am free on that date, so put me down as a yes. 8)

3oneday
3rd May 2006, 06:04 AM
Isn't Carnarvon invite only, or is that only weekends ??

Pete

connico
3rd May 2006, 08:42 AM
I think thier open day is tuesday?

Coffs_Hacker
3rd May 2006, 09:13 AM
Don't mind carnarvon again, i have a score to settle with this course :P

My flight arrives at 10:05 so a tee at 11-11:30 would be good if possible

brad
3rd May 2006, 12:50 PM
Looks like Carnavon is the course of choice for MatchPlay :)

Have fun and hit it once (or twice) for me ;)

Oh by the way, souvlaki rolls are no more. You can get a pretty good chicken roll - not the same though :(

Trung
3rd May 2006, 12:55 PM
souvlaki rolls are no more.

Afternoon players tend to miss out. :smt002

brad
3rd May 2006, 12:58 PM
Bugger, although the lady behind the counter said that the lady that used to make them isn't there anymore.

I hope for these guys that this was just to get me to buy something instead of eating the cheese sandwich I took (which tasted better then the roll I bought IMHO) :)

connico
3rd May 2006, 01:00 PM
i didnt mind the chicken roll brad, infact it wasnt bad at all if a bit plain... regardless once we get a timed booked ill be able to express my interest/disinterest :)

jimandr
3rd May 2006, 10:29 PM
As Jono has said, he and I are in at this stage, to play our match at the same time as Coffs and Matt (or in the next group).

Jono isn't sure he can make it. If he doesn't play, neither will I, and we'll play our match another day.

I'm still a fan of the Carny bacon and egg roll. One of the better ones I've had.

Matt 3 Jab
7th May 2006, 08:09 AM
I will ring the club tomoz and see if its invite only, if so ping may be able to get us a game?
If that falls through, anyone else got any ideas?

Jono
7th May 2006, 05:48 PM
Matt,

Tuesdays are open days at Carnarvon so we should be OK.

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2048

If for some reason we can't get on, we can look at other Tue open day courses in Sydney. 8)

3oneday
7th May 2006, 06:01 PM
I thought Ashlar was open on Tuesday ??

Matt 3 Jab
9th May 2006, 12:23 PM
Booked 1 group for 12.15, hope this is ok, just couldnt get an eralier time :(

Coffs_Hacker
9th May 2006, 12:58 PM
12:15 is fine by me

Matt 3 Jab
9th May 2006, 01:57 PM
done, have to see if jono and jim are playing with us, would be good to have 2 matchplays going, not 100% sure what the comp is yet.

jimandr
9th May 2006, 09:39 PM
Matt,

At this stage, Jono and myself are in.

A procedural question, which isn't really important, but I can't help it. The event is almost always an individual stableford with a best ball. Should the matchplayers form a best ball team, or should we split up with you and Jono as one team and Craig and me on the other. What would be better? If it were an aggregate, would it make any difference.

I'm expecting us all to shoot 41 points each, so we might as well win the comp at the same time.

Matt 3 Jab
10th May 2006, 07:41 AM
Sounds good, in the spirit that the matchplay should be played, both players shooting the lights out, we should form the teams craig and myself, and jim and jono, you lose a hole to a birdie, who cares, theres 4 points!!!
What do you think?

Jono
10th May 2006, 05:40 PM
Me and Matt on the same side would see A LOT of putts ... TEAM 6 PUTT. :roll: :lol:

amanda
10th May 2006, 05:56 PM
They were aerating the greens today - small holes - and weren't filling them with sand - but greens were very firm and nice and quick. Have fun!

Matt 3 Jab
16th May 2006, 07:14 AM
Today is the day, nice cool weather, cant wait to meet up with jono, jim and craig.
Lets hope its a ripper day with alot of laughs and good golf, good luck to craig, jono and jim!
4ball comp will be good to!!

Matt 3 Jab
16th May 2006, 05:31 PM
Well it wasent the best golf you've seen, but it was a fun day.
thanks to craig for the game and jim and jono for the company.
Had a 3/1 win, but yea, golf wasent the best ever played.
All up it was good to meet another ozgolfer and play a round at carnarvon.

Grunt
16th May 2006, 05:59 PM
Congrats Matt, will update results as soon as either Jim or Jono post their result.

jimandr
16th May 2006, 07:34 PM
Matt was too excited by his massive drives with the new SMT driver on 6 and 8 to post the scores of day. Here they are:

Jimandr 35
Matt3jab 31 (2nd on countback)
Jono 31
Coffs_Hacker 25

The Coffs v Matt match was hardfought, with a number of swings of emotion and fortune. Matt always looked more likely to start playing really well, but Coffs would then play a good hole, or Matt would give one away to let him back into the game.

The Match highlight was the par 5 4th (our 13th). Coffs, with the honour, hit one onto the very busy road. Matt sprayed his drive left. We never found it. He ran back to the tee, and hit his second drive out of bounds onto the road. Coffs won the hole with a triple, when a loss would've hurt him badly.

AndyP
16th May 2006, 09:46 PM
Congrats to the two winners.
Don't forget that Blakey wants the scores in the 1st tee forum so he can find them.

Coffs_Hacker
17th May 2006, 09:54 AM
Thanx to matt, jim aqnd john for a great day, I knew my great run of good rounds couldn't continue (all 1 of them) as Brisvegas predicted. I think it was a case of who wanted to Loose the match more, Matt with his drives missing the fairway by 50mtrs or my 40+ putts (including 1 or 2 4putts) and poor chipping. At least i lasted 1 extra hole this year before losing the match :)

Congrats again Matt on the win and thanx for the game guys

connico
17th May 2006, 10:18 AM
Congrats mate, good to hear about the massive drives, including the massive sprays!