PDA

View Full Version : Re-Finishing Clubs

Matt 3 Jab
2nd April 2006, 03:54 PM
Does anyone know where in sydney, or anywhere really, where i can get my clubs re-chromed and re-grovved etc, bring them back to new?
If you have had it done what do the clubs look like afterwards, as good as new or just a bit better? Get dings out etc?
Thanks

Speirsy11
3rd April 2006, 11:09 AM
I've been trying to find someone who can do it for the last 6 months, and I'm afraid that there is nobody in Australia who does it (at least not well). I'm sending mine to the states to get done, probably to Golfsmith, but I have a few others I'm looking at. They come back looking great, as good as new, but the finish doesn't last AS long as the originaly does due to a chemical that is illegal in the States but available for use in aisa where the heads are done originally (according to CM on this board). I'm having a set of Lehmans done in satin and it's going to cost me in the range of $20 per club USD. They are going to refinish the heads, no more dings, satin finish sandblast and paintfill.

If I hear of anyone in Australia, I'll let you know, if yo uwant the names of places overseas, PM me.

Speirsy

Matt 3 Jab
3rd April 2006, 01:20 PM
Thanks for that, i know re-chroming and electroplating places in sydney, but dont have anyone to look at the grooves for me.
Is going to cost $20-$30 a head just to re-chrome.........................

New irons maybe the way to go :D :razz: