PDA

View Full Version : Handicapping an individual in a 4BBB event

GuyIncognito
29th May 2015, 03:39 PM
Hi all,

This is not a practice my club (to my knowledge) performs as all our 4BBB comps have an individual component. All except our championships, which we are in the middle of right now.

I plan to raise this with my club's captain, but before I do I wanted to make sure I have the rules straight.

Last I was told, the following applied:

* Player must be on the card more than nine or more times.
* Where a player is not on the card, he is given a score of one shot over par if he does not receive a shot on the hole, 1.5 over par if he receives a shot, and 2.5 over par if he receives two shots on the hole.

I have also been told the pair must have an equivalent stableford score of 42 or more points, is this the case?

Thanks all.

Steve57
29th May 2015, 04:37 PM
Hi all,

This is not a practice my club (to my knowledge) performs as all our 4BBB comps have an individual component. All except our championships, which we are in the middle of right now.

I plan to raise this with my club's captain, but before I do I wanted to make sure I have the rules straight.

Last I was told, the following applied:

* Player must be on the card more than nine or more times. Correct
* Where a player is not on the card, he is given a score of one shot over par if he does not receive a shot on the hole, 1.5 over par if he receives a shot, and 2.5 over par if he receives two shots on the hole.
No. See URL here: http://www.golf.org.au/newsdisplay/76992

I have also been told the pair must have an equivalent stableford score of 42 or more points, is this the case? Correct, but the player must also have better than his handicap after the above recalculation is done for the card to be handicapped.

Thanks all.

See above.