PDA

View Full Version : Ebay 2nd chance offer

Ona
31st March 2006, 08:05 PM
not often do i use ebay but i did the other day and came in 2nd place. got a second chance offer, never seen one of those before, and am after some opinions. the winning bidder had 0 rating and without them bidding the price would have been a fair bit less, haven't asked the seller if the winner withdrew or if it's a duplicate. on the other hand, the seller has a perfect history. the price is still good... is it dodge or am i just being paranoid?

Jarro
31st March 2006, 08:08 PM
if it's still a good price that you're happy with, go for it 8)

Fishman Dan
31st March 2006, 08:11 PM
He's not sure if he's happy, hence the post. Dr Jarro you ain't!

If you're happy with the amount, then get it. If you're unhappy with the product, demand to return or negative feedback.

Jarro
31st March 2006, 08:13 PM
If you're happy with the amount, then get it. .

i'm pretty sure that's what i just said you idiot :-s

connico
31st March 2006, 08:22 PM
i stop bidding when i see a 0 feedback guy is bidding...in most cases see when the person joined...if its an age account i would stop bidding...if its a new account then sometimes i take the risk

Ona
31st March 2006, 09:02 PM
kiss and make up you two, your both idiots :mrgreen: to be fair tho, jarro gets the points for originality and it's pretty much what i was thinking anywho. just now went ahead with the BIN.

connic, i might use that, makes good sense.

goughy
1st April 2006, 03:58 AM
At least with the 2nd chance offer you have the choice to buy or not (I believe). If you're not sure or have 2nd thoughts you don't go through with it. It's just an easier way to get rid of something rather than have to relist the item.

And I know my post is a bit late since ona's now bought it.