PDA

View Full Version : 2015 S.A Champs - Thursday 12th November @ Tanunda Pines

Pages : [1] 2

thecollective
11th May 2015, 08:47 AM
Venue: Tanunda Pines Golf Club (opposite the Novotel Barossa Valley Resort)
Tee times: 12:25 & 12:30PM tee times (but can tee off earlier if everyone arrives in good time)
Cost: $30 member guest rate / $25 Reciprocal

There is also a 9-hole twilight comp on (commencing around 5:30PM - shotgun start) for $10 + a dinner (around $20) if you're interested - Please let me know if you want to play

Club has confirmed we can use the golflink system to enter scores from the day

Transport from airport: Not required, everyone has their own transport already arranged

Two Groups, Attendees:

Confirmed:

Group #1
TC
Benno_r
Hatchman

Group #2
Coalesce*
Peppas
Ferrins

Dave K has pulled out due to unforeseen work commitments

Twilight Golf + Dinner:
TC
Coalesce
Ferrins
Peppas
Hatchman
Benno

*reciprocal playing rights (50% green fee)

nadg63
11th May 2015, 03:40 PM
Not me, sorry but no can do.

Peppas
11th May 2015, 09:33 PM
How early do I need to arrive for this?

First flight out looks to get to Adelaide airport around 8:30... how far from airport to Tanunda, is that early enough, etc?

Hatchman
11th May 2015, 10:05 PM
How early do I need to arrive for this?

First flight out looks to get to Adelaide airport around 8:30... how far from airport to Tanunda, is that early enough, etc?

Being the Rads version of peak hour traffic at that hour of the morning I would be allowing 90mins to 2hrs to get from Airport to golf course without rushing.
I can pick you up from airport to go straight to course mate.

Peppas
11th May 2015, 10:14 PM
Being the Rads version of peak hour traffic at that hour of the morning I would be allowing 90mins to 2hrs to get from Airport to golf course without rushing.
I can pick you up from airport to go straight to course mate.

I love the Radeladian hospitality :)

Hatchman
11th May 2015, 10:22 PM
Google tells me 1hr 10mins so 90-100 should be fine. Once past Gepps cross the going is good.
Should have time for Kitchener at Villis on the way now they have one on Main North rd.

Chilled
18th May 2015, 10:30 AM
Very light pencil for me, already have to work out a day off on friday so will have to see how I go for thurs.

thecollective
21st May 2015, 06:05 PM
With old racer out and chilled/coalesce not a certainty are we still keen for a Thursday game?

nudgee
21st May 2015, 06:13 PM
Count ploppy pat and nudge in for this one.

Hatchman
21st May 2015, 06:25 PM
Yep still keen here

Peppas
21st May 2015, 06:46 PM
I am also a light pencil right now... I might be at a conference but I won't know until July!

thecollective
30th June 2015, 07:58 AM
Just providing a quick update:

- Depending on airline arrival times tee off is proposed around 12noon, Tanunda is approx 1.5 hours drive from the airport
- Wine tasting; we can visit some wineries depending on arrival times and interest. There are a large number around the golf course.

Do we currently have a scope of when flights are scheduled to arrive into Adelaide airport Thursday morning?

Cheers, TC

nadg63
30th June 2015, 05:08 PM
Benno_r is a possibilty for this I believe!?

benno_r
30th June 2015, 05:17 PM
So far looking like Thursday will be a chance. Back at work Thursday, can double check the roster and make the call.

thecollective
2nd July 2015, 08:57 AM
So far looking like Thursday will be a chance. Back at work Thursday, can double check the roster and make the call.

added to the OP benno

TC

Peppas
20th July 2015, 10:20 AM
I am looking very likely for this too now

benno_r
20th July 2015, 10:38 AM
Tattoo this on Hatchy's forehead, that's how in I am for this.

Peppas
20th July 2015, 10:43 AM
Whoever picks me up from the airport, can we stop at vilis for a kitchener on the way?

highballin
20th July 2015, 10:58 AM

Ok will get it sorted on Sunday

Peppas
20th July 2015, 11:45 AM
And how early should I get in for this?

Hatchman
20th July 2015, 04:44 PM
Whoever picks me up from the airport, can we stop at vilis for a kitchener on the way?

I should be ok for this and that will be easy enough with two 24hr Villis Cafe's.

Peppas
20th July 2015, 05:21 PM
I should be ok for this and that will be easy enough with two 24hr Villis Cafe's.

2 kitchener bun stops. That's AWESOME Hatchy!

nadg63
2nd August 2015, 02:41 PM
Hi TC, you can add Ferrins to the Tanunda round.

Still not heard from Nudgee and Ploppy!?

thecollective
2nd August 2015, 03:23 PM
Cheers Nadg,

I have updated the OP and now included an MIA category :) for those who have not 'surfaced' from their original interest. Reminds me of doing group assignments online @ uni.

Coalesce, Chilled, Peppas, Benno; how is the pencil looking - more like pen or are we reaching for the eraser.

TC

coalesce
2nd August 2015, 03:29 PM
Yeah I'm pen. Will book the holiday this week

thecollective
2nd August 2015, 03:40 PM
great! updated in the OP

benno_r
2nd August 2015, 03:44 PM
Mine is tattooed on hatchy's forehead.

Peppas
2nd August 2015, 03:44 PM
Yes I plan on being at this

I have my annual leave sorted, just need to do the flight... waiting for a sale :)

Will ride with whoever supplies the most kitcheners

Or whoever requires me to supply the least kitcheners to them, as I want them all for myself.

thecollective
2nd August 2015, 03:45 PM

Hi Benno; pardon my ignorance regarding this post, OP updated :wink:

thecollective
2nd August 2015, 04:20 PM
Yes I plan on being at this

I have my annual leave sorted, just need to do the flight... waiting for a sale :)

Will ride with whoever supplies the most kitcheners

Or whoever requires me to supply the least kitcheners to them, as I want them all for myself.

OP updated Peppas - there are normally plenty of morning outbound flights from Kingsford Smith to Adelaide midweek so you should do fine - It may be an idea to lay off the over consumption of kitchener buns though prior to the round :wink: especially if we start on the reds in the arvo

TC

Ferrins
2nd August 2015, 04:33 PM
Can I get a hit in a comp on Wednesday somewhere?

nudgee
2nd August 2015, 05:31 PM
Sorry gents Thursday is no can do - will be flying into Adelaide late Thursday now.

nadg63
2nd August 2015, 05:33 PM
Cancel previous, Nudgee's message appeared as typing mine ;)

nadg63
2nd August 2015, 05:34 PM
Sorry gents Thursday is no can do - will be flying into Adelaide late Thursday now.

That's you and Ploppy I'm guessing?

thecollective
2nd August 2015, 05:35 PM

Cheers for the heads up nudgee - OP now updated

TC

benno_r
2nd August 2015, 05:44 PM
I am flying in with the Mrs Saturday night and will be staying in the Barossa with a car until Thursday. We are probably going to get an apartment at Glenelg for the rest of the week.

Moral of the story - I'll be right to get myself to Tanunda Pines.

thecollective
2nd August 2015, 06:06 PM
I am flying in with the Mrs Saturday night and will be staying in the Barossa with a car until Thursday. We are probably going to get an apartment at Glenelg for the rest of the week.

Moral of the story - I'll be right to get myself to Tanunda Pines.

No dramas Benno, enjoy the Barossa!

TC

nadg63
6th August 2015, 03:54 PM
Looks like you potentially have 9 now TC - add DaveK, Ploppy, Nudgee, to you list.

Peppas
6th August 2015, 04:06 PM
Looks like you potentially have 9 now TC - add DaveK, Ploppy, Nudgee, to you list.

Did Nudgee change his mind since post #32 in this thread?

thecollective
6th August 2015, 04:10 PM

OP updated, PM sent to Nudgee as per Peppas post

TC

Ferrins
6th August 2015, 05:03 PM
My birdie biatch.😀

nudgee
7th August 2015, 01:13 PM
My birdie biatch.😀

Not for Thursday ferret but I will be waiting for you and your money Friday, Saturday and Sunday!!

thecollective
7th August 2015, 02:52 PM
One spot remaining up for grabs

This one goes out to our Kooey mate Chilled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M90tA302X3khttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M90tA302X3k

Chilled
9th August 2015, 07:24 AM
I'm feeling increasingly tempted to take a leave day :p

Peppas
9th August 2015, 08:53 AM

Coach Pep says "Do it!"

Ferrins
9th August 2015, 08:55 AM
A lazy late 9 holes at Gawler me thinks.

thecollective
9th August 2015, 08:50 PM

We will have lots of fun mate I promise

Ferrins
10th August 2015, 04:09 AM
Just providing a quick update:

- Depending on airline arrival times tee off is proposed around 12noon, Tanunda is approx 1.5 hours drive from the airport
- Wine tasting; we can visit some wineries depending on arrival times and interest. There are a large number around the golf course.

Do we currently have a scope of when flights are scheduled to arrive into Adelaide airport Thursday morning?

Cheers, TC

I arrive 9.25am and have booked a hire car thx.

thecollective
10th August 2015, 07:10 PM
Thanks Ferrins, 12 noon looking likely as tee time

Hatchman
29th August 2015, 03:25 PM
@ Peppas, bring lots of balls mate. You may need a few on day one. Pick the wrong hole and there's some big boonge to lose a few.
If the greens are as slick and the pins in similar spots as there were today the will be lots of stabbing and jiggling gaining on.

Peppas
29th August 2015, 08:05 PM
@ Peppas, bring lots of balls mate. You may need a few on day one. Pick the wrong hole and there's some big boonge to lose a few.
If the greens are as slick and the pins in similar spots as there were today the will be lots of stabbing and jiggling gaining on.

When are you doing your next golf ball order?

Hatchman
29th August 2015, 08:10 PM
When are you doing your next golf ball order?

Im fine for balls thanks. As bad as I chopped it started and finished with same one.

Peppas
29th August 2015, 08:15 PM
Im fine for balls thanks. As bad as I chopped it started and finished with same one.

Well I'll just send some balls to your place so I don't need to bring them with me thanks :)

thecollective
29th August 2015, 11:02 PM
Hatch; if you think Tanunda is severe don't ever play Royal Melbourne

Peppas
30th August 2015, 06:23 AM

RM wasn't that bad... So I won't actually need that many balls after all :)

Ferrins
30th August 2015, 07:48 AM
Well I'll just send some balls to your place so I don't need to bring them with me thanks :)

Do you want to split a Golf Box order on some balls to go there?

Hatchman
30th August 2015, 01:11 PM

The greens or patches of boonge for losing balls?

thecollective
30th August 2015, 04:44 PM
Hatch; The Greens; fastest and most severe sloped greens I have ever played on (RM West); RM East not quite as severe but still very firm and faster than Tanunda by quite a way.

Boonge patches: yes at the moment there is alot of green weed undergrowth in the rough (making it very hard to find balls as I found out on #9) but by the time November comes around the rough will turn into more of a dry wispy yellow making it easier to find balls. However that alone will present another problem and that is the high population of brown snakes!

TC

Hatchman
31st August 2015, 09:10 PM
Hatch; The Greens; fastest and most severe sloped greens I have ever played on (RM West); RM East not quite as severe but still very firm and faster than Tanunda by quite a way.

Boonge patches: yes at the moment there is alot of green weed undergrowth in the rough (making it very hard to find balls as I found out on #9) but by the time November comes around the rough will turn into more of a dry wispy yellow making it easier to find balls. However that alone will present another problem and that is the high population of brown snakes!

TC

Snakes (3 jiggles) on the greens and bite and kill you snakes in the rough. Giddy up.
Might need to rename the course Snake Gully :lol:

Peppas
31st August 2015, 10:45 PM
I don't like snakes

Hatchman
31st August 2015, 11:48 PM
I don't like snakes

They taste like chicken, na seriously they taste like chicken.
Snake schnit could be on the cards :D.

Peppas
1st September 2015, 04:59 AM
They taste like chicken, na seriously they taste like chicken.
Snake schnit could be on the cards :D.

Yeah it'd be delicious I'd bet

thecollective
1st September 2015, 08:32 AM
if only they weren't a protected species; snake is quite a delicacy in Asia!

TC

Peppas
1st September 2015, 11:01 AM

TC

Yep thats where I've had it before!

wazamac
1st September 2015, 11:34 AM
Who's and what sort of snake is a protected species?

Hatchman
1st September 2015, 11:48 AM

All native snakes are protected species.

thecollective
1st September 2015, 11:51 AM

Killing snakesSnakes in South Australia are a protected species.
It is an offence under the National Parks and Wildlfe Act to kill or remove a snake from its environment, with fines of up to $10,000 and two years imprisonment enforceable.
"The only exception is if a venomous snake is posing a genuine threat to life and safety."
Drivers that deliberately swerve to run over snakes can also be reported and fined under the legislation.
Several snake collectors in South Australia are licenced (sic) to legally remove and relocate reptiles.
source:http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2014/01/28/3933383.htm

TC

coalesce
1st September 2015, 11:56 AM

wazamac
1st September 2015, 12:18 PM
All I know is that my snake is a protected species:D

nadg63
1st September 2015, 12:23 PM

Killed loads of those ones Coalesce :)

Hatchman
1st September 2015, 12:26 PM
I prefer these

Ferrins
1st September 2015, 12:32 PM
All I know is that my snake is a protected species:D

Can you be fined for beating it?

mrbluu
1st September 2015, 12:35 PM

TC
Yep, with lots of lemon grass.

thecollective
1st September 2015, 12:45 PM

ROFL!

Yes I am gullible - cheers Waza

TC

wazamac
1st September 2015, 12:58 PM
I prefer these

+1 - It's a pity that they have now changed them. You get 6-7 smaller ones now.

wazamac
1st September 2015, 12:59 PM

Only problem with that is you will go blind.

thecollective
1st September 2015, 01:04 PM

Peppas
1st September 2015, 03:42 PM
So what's for lunch?

thecollective
1st September 2015, 03:45 PM
So what's for lunch?

the grub at Tanunda GC is pretty good; will need to check if there is a cook on a Thursday. Otherwise the bakery is a good bet - you will find lots of German goodness there! Kitcheners included

TC

Peppas
1st September 2015, 03:57 PM
the grub at Tanunda GC is pretty good; will need to check if there is a cook on a Thursday. Otherwise the bakery is a good bet - you will find lots of German goodness there! Kitcheners included

TC

Yeah but what about the food?

Hatchman
1st September 2015, 04:33 PM
I had a roast roll on the way around from the food/drink cart.
It was great and could have easily gone another one.

Peppas
2nd September 2015, 08:23 AM
So many options. Could just have a box of Kitchener's for lunch though!

Peppas
6th September 2015, 08:12 PM
Was doing some cleaning up today and found a bottle of botrytis semillion from chateau tanunda... Must've gone there once.

Hatchman
6th September 2015, 08:23 PM
So many options. Could just have a box of Kitchener's for lunch though!

Good German Bakery just down the rd at Lyndoch. You could try one of everything they have :razz:

Peppas
6th September 2015, 08:28 PM
Good German Bakery just down the rd at Lyndoch. You could try one of everything they have :razz:

Only if I can get another botrytis from chateau tanunda

Hatchman
6th September 2015, 08:42 PM
That winery is just down the rd from said Bakery.
I'd post a link as they are still making that cat p!$$ you want but my tablet browsers keep crashing every time I select the link icon.

Peppas
6th September 2015, 09:02 PM
That winery is just down the rd from said Bakery.
I'd post a link as they are still making that cat p!$$ you want but my tablet browsers keep crashing every time I select the link icon.

Sounds like a plan

Filling up with delicious Kitchener's and dessert wine then golfing....

thecollective
7th September 2015, 09:04 AM
Peppas: St Hallett and Rockford winery are closer to the golf course and IMO offer better wine than Chateau Tanunda.

In saying that though CT is quite an impressive 'castle' to visit - that is if you're into Downton Abbey.

TC

Peppas
7th September 2015, 09:11 AM
Peppas: St Hallett and Rockford winery are closer to the golf course and IMO offer better wine than Chateau Tanunda.

In saying that though CT is quite an impressive 'castle' to visit - that is if you're into Downton Abbey.

TC

I must've done a wine tour down that way once upon a time in another life... hence the bottle of botrytis from the chateau tanunda. I may have been to those wineries... but always happy to taste some wine :)

Yeah I think I remember the Chateau now that you mention the castle...

Ferrins
17th September 2015, 05:10 AM
Glad it's not today.

thecollective
15th October 2015, 12:50 PM
Just an update:
- Coring starts this Sunday 18/10 meaning the greens will be cherry ripe by Nov 12
- Will confirm green fees next week, it will be a members guest rate (around $40 TBC) and/or reciprocal (50% - around $25 TBC) for Vines Members

I am willing to donate a doz Callaway Chrome Soft to the highest stableford winner

Being a small group I will leave it at that but willing to hear your thoughts on any other ideas/suggestions

TC

Peppas
15th October 2015, 12:58 PM
So there's no Thursday comp?

thecollective
15th October 2015, 01:01 PM
So there's no Thursday comp?

There is a twilight comp on but I am not sure if it will be applicable to our group based on the hit off time - will check this out

I am happy to conduct an in-house ozgolf comp - just need to check with the manager if we can utilize the golflink system for entering of score cards etc. should you want a record of the round in your top 20

TC

thecollective
17th October 2015, 05:37 PM
OK, Had a great discussion with the manager today; a few updates to report:

- Green fee will be $30 on a members guest rate, vines members will be $25

- The club is holding a 9 hole twilight comp on commencing around 5:30PM; this will be followed by a dinner however that is optional, the club would love for all of us to play + it is only $10 for 9 holes and they will also offer a discount rate on a golf cart ($10). Please let me know if you're interested.

- We can/will do an oz golf in-house comp with the highest stableford scorer taking out a doz Callaway Chrome Soft golf balls (kindly donated by yours truly). The club will happily let us use golflink to enter in scores no problem. If you would like me to add nearest the pin and others please let me know (however I might have to add a comp fee to cover the extra prizes)

Please let me know if you're keen for 27 holes. The club would love you all to attend the twilight round.

TC

marcel
17th October 2015, 05:52 PM
Great work TC

Peppas
17th October 2015, 05:53 PM
What's for dinner?

I'm keen

Peppas
17th October 2015, 05:54 PM
And awesome work organising tc, thanks heaps!

thecollective
17th October 2015, 05:54 PM
One spot remaining for the noon hit-off Marcel - or you could join us for the twilight 9-holer if you wish

Course is in stunning condition atm!

TC

benno_r
17th October 2015, 06:03 PM
Not sure I can - checking-in in Adelaide Thursday, 5:30 tee + golf + dinner + drive back getting pretty late. Plus, don't want to keep the Mrs waiting 7hrs until we are done.

thecollective
17th October 2015, 06:18 PM
that's fine Benno - only an option

thecollective
17th October 2015, 06:26 PM
Gents - please note that I plan to drive from Tanunda all the way through to Victor that night (via the city) and should have my CRV back by then (don't ask...please) hence I can transport anyone who needs a lift with plenty of room for clubs etc.

TC

Ferrins
17th October 2015, 06:36 PM
I will go all holes that are offered.

benno_r
17th October 2015, 06:38 PM
that's fine Benno - only an option
I am keen as. 1st downside to bringing the Mrs.

coalesce
17th October 2015, 06:48 PM
Good stuff TC. I'm in for the lot

marcel
17th October 2015, 06:56 PM
Working till 5, not likely I'd be able to change it

thecollective
17th October 2015, 07:00 PM
I am keen as. 1st downside to bringing the Mrs.

Bring her to the dinner - no reason why she can't sit on the deck and sip Barossa Shiraz

Hatchman
17th October 2015, 10:52 PM
Put me down for all. Good work mate.

Peppas
18th October 2015, 06:01 AM
Bring her to the dinner - no reason why she can't sit on the deck and sip Barossa Shiraz

Yeah do that benno :)

Peppas
28th October 2015, 03:01 PM
This might be getting ahead of myself

But someone is picking me up from the airport for this right?

Ferrins
28th October 2015, 03:04 PM
One of your bun chums?

Peppas
28th October 2015, 03:11 PM
One of your bun chums?

Hope so buddy

coalesce
28th October 2015, 04:28 PM
I can do this - I'll be coming up from the south so have to pass the airport. Let me know when your flight is due in.

I could probably squeeze 1 more into the Yaris if anyone else is getting in at the same time?

Chilled
28th October 2015, 07:11 PM
I live close to the airport, next to the beach, so if anyone needs a lift let me know.

coalesce
28th October 2015, 07:20 PM
I live close to the airport, next to the beach, so if anyone needs a lift let me know.

And give them a lift to Tanunda? :)

Chilled
28th October 2015, 07:21 PM
All yours :D

Sat/Sun champs not a problem!

Hatchman
28th October 2015, 08:26 PM
I can do this - I'll be coming up from the south so have to pass the airport. Let me know when your flight is due in.

I could probably squeeze 1 more into the Yaris if anyone else is getting in at the same time?

You going to be able to fit everything in the Yiros?
Home is halfway between airport and Tanunda but I can still do pickup if room is an issue, not a problem.

coalesce
28th October 2015, 11:25 PM
I can do myself and 1 other with golf gear comfortably. A second passenger would be a squeeze but doable. Can't do more than that tho

Ferrins
29th October 2015, 08:42 AM
I am flying and renting a car so can accomadate lift scabbing freeloaders.

benno_r
29th October 2015, 08:44 AM
I am flying and renting a car so can accomadate lift scabbing freeloaders.

According to Google maps, that gives you and Peps 85km of uninterrupted car spooning.

Ferrins
29th October 2015, 08:53 AM
I am worried about cream stains on the seats.

benno_r
29th October 2015, 09:38 AM
I am worried about cream stains on the seats.

I would too. Those kitcheners can get messy.

nadg63
29th October 2015, 12:27 PM
I can do myself and 1 other with golf gear comfortably. A second passenger would be a squeeze but doable. Can't do more than that tho

Plus my Clicgear for Benno!

coalesce
29th October 2015, 01:06 PM
Plus my Clicgear for Benno!

Ah yeah - that probably means a third person is a no no.

If Ferrins and Peppas are getting in at roughly the same time, and Ferrins has a car, it would make more sense for them to go together. If not I'll pick you up Peppas. I'll leave it with you

Ferrins
29th October 2015, 01:24 PM
Hope he likes Beyonce

Peppas
29th October 2015, 03:21 PM
I think I'll just ride with coalesce

backintheswing
29th October 2015, 03:22 PM
I think I'll just ride with coalesce

You'll have a blast with Ferrins, Pepps.

Ferrins
29th October 2015, 03:33 PM
Mine was just a token gesture.

Hatchman
4th November 2015, 09:26 AM
7 more days and this starts.
Better start getting my all my sets of Irons & Drivers organised for the round changes every day when I don't play to or better than hcp.

Think I'll open the week with the Ping Eye 2+ BeCu's and TRPX Driver.
Not sure what will be next (99% chance required next day @Victor)

Iron sets up for selection include:
Callaway S2H2
Titleist 712 AP2
Titleist Tour Model (Vintage 1985)
Titleist 962
Titleist 990
Cobra Mild Steel (Vintage 1982-84)
Cobra Tour Model II (Vintage 1982-84)

Drivers Include:
Titelist 910 D3
Titleist 975D
Cobra BiO Cell+
Jetspeed
SLDR 460

jimandr
4th November 2015, 11:50 AM
7 more days and this starts.
Better start getting my all my sets of Irons & Drivers organised for the round changes every day when I don't play to or better than hcp.

Think I'll open the week with the Ping Eye 2+ BeCu's and TRPX Driver.
Not sure what will be next (99% chance required next day @Victor)

Iron sets up for selection include:
Callaway S2H2
Titleist 712 AP2
Titleist Tour Model (Vintage 1985)
Titleist 962
Titleist 990
Cobra Mild Steel (Vintage 1982-84)
Cobra Tour Model II (Vintage 1982-84)

Drivers Include:
Titelist 910 D3
Titleist 975D
Cobra BiO Cell+
Jetspeed
SLDR 460

We need a Whats In The Bag thread. We interstaters can post once, and the locals can post five separate combo's if they are all like Hatch.

Hatchman
4th November 2015, 12:05 PM
What combo would you like to see me use in our match @Victor Jim?

coalesce
4th November 2015, 12:21 PM
I dunno whether to stick with the bag I've been playing distinctly averagely with, or to jump straight in with my new AP2s and Fli-His (if they arrive in time). Decisions, decisions

Hatchman
4th November 2015, 12:23 PM
I dunno whether to stick with the bag I've been playing distinctly averagely with, or to jump straight in with my new AP2s and Fli-His (if they arrive in time). Decisions, decisions

Whats the worst thing that could happen, play crap? Your doing:D that already so change up.

nadg63
4th November 2015, 12:23 PM

Plus the wedges I'll chuck you at the weekend ��

coalesce
4th November 2015, 12:25 PM
Plus the wedges I'll chuck you at the weekend ��

Or wazamac's wedge that I used last week!

wazamac
4th November 2015, 01:29 PM
You know the price goes up every time you play well with it!:D

coalesce
4th November 2015, 01:56 PM

At least it will be cheap then!

Hatchman
4th November 2015, 01:57 PM

At least it will be cheap then!

Starting from a low base?

Hard_Pan
4th November 2015, 02:07 PM
Half thinking of gaming the shafts I bought from squidboy a couple of weeks ago but they went from Qld to Perth instead of Adelaide. (Thanks Aussie Post!) Might get here by Monday next week apparenlty..

benno_r
6th November 2015, 09:59 PM
Weather updates local? Has all the rain made everything mint down there?

Hatchman
6th November 2015, 10:08 PM

2 more warm days and it will be minty goodness and you'll be unlikely to see the courses better.

benno_r
6th November 2015, 10:20 PM
2 more warm days and it will be minty goodness and you'll be unlikely to see the courses better.

Thanks SAnkers! The little touches like that make all the difference.

thecollective
7th November 2015, 05:28 PM

Played Tanunda today; greens are extremely lush but too slow due to the high amount of grass and there is still a tad of sand underneath still

Looks like we will have some hot weather so hopefully that will dry them out a bit with a fresh cut midweek

Fairways look great

TC

Chilled
8th November 2015, 09:13 PM
No go for me for the 12th unfortunately : (

Can't do more than that thoThough*

nadg63
8th November 2015, 09:16 PM
No go for me for the 12th unfortunately : (

Though*

While never extremely common, tho and thru have a long history as spelling variants of though and through.

thecollective
9th November 2015, 08:17 AM
While never extremely common, tho and thru have a long history as spelling variants of though and through.

Always the poms to come through with the spelling & grammar lessons - fine form Nadg you should have a cup of tea with my mum and go through some more grammar history :mrgreen:

TC

Chilled
9th November 2015, 08:40 AM
Always the poms to come through with the spelling & grammar lessons - fine form Nadg you should have a cup of tea with my mum and go through some more grammar history :mrgreen:

lol, he's always whingeing about something. It's to windy! It's too cold! It's too wet! It's too Lady Bay! It's too Ping! I'm too injured! :smt082

benno_r
9th November 2015, 09:13 AM
Big news in Tanunda tomorrow. Charles and Camilla are in town, Omg, could be the event of the trip!!!

thecollective
9th November 2015, 09:19 AM
Big news in Tanunda tomorrow. Charles and Camilla are in town, Omg, could be the event of the trip!!!

Charles might have a quick 9 @ Tanunda while Camilla goes to the Lavender farm to stock up on essential oils.

TC

Ferrins
9th November 2015, 06:59 PM
Bags packed. Thursday night at Newland Head conservation area so nice walk along the headlands in the morning then a round of golf up the road a bit.

highballin
9th November 2015, 07:11 PM

Used to be a one horse town tomorrow it's two

benno_r
9th November 2015, 07:27 PM
Went for a hit at the Tanunda range today. Good looking course, great to be back on "golf grass" after being on paddock grass in Darwin.

nadg63
9th November 2015, 07:41 PM
Went for a hit at the Tanunda range today. Good looking course, great to be back on "golf grass" after being on paddock grass in Darwin.

Plenty of really good wineries/cellar door outlets around there to keep you amused too Benno! Gotta love free tastings ;)

benno_r
9th November 2015, 07:45 PM
Plenty of really good wineries/cellar door outlets around there to keep you amused too Benno! Gotta love free tastings ;)
Thats tomorrows plan. Today was Hahndorf, with the worlds biggest german hot dog at the german arms.

Was last here in 2002, forgot how great this region is.

nadg63
9th November 2015, 08:05 PM
Thats tomorrows plan. Today was Hahndorf, with the worlds biggest german hot dog at the german arms.

Nice place Hahndorf, and the German Arms is certainly a good place to spend some time having some good food and beer.

Enjoy tomorrow, plenty of options.

thecollective
9th November 2015, 08:44 PM

Ian Baker Finch is also in town and visited Tanunda Pines yesterday with the head shareholder (Robert O'Callaghan) it's all happening!

benno_r
9th November 2015, 08:46 PM
Ian Baker Finch is also in town and visited Tanunda Pines yesterday with the head shareholder (Robert O'Callaghan) it's all happening!
My suggestion... bulk chainsaws! Those big bloody gums don't look like 95% air!!!

thecollective
9th November 2015, 08:47 PM
They have already removed a lot. I agree and there are plans to remove more but the owner has different opinions to me

Peppas
9th November 2015, 09:22 PM
So someone is picking me up from the airport on Thursday right?

Not ferret obviously :)

Hatchman
9th November 2015, 10:27 PM

Coalesce has you covered in the Yiros, don't eat it :lol:

Ferrins
9th November 2015, 10:32 PM

No lift but Bluu wants me to give you a wedgy.

Hatchman
9th November 2015, 10:35 PM
No lift but Bluu wants me to give you a wedgy.

Just an normal one or atomic?

Peppas
10th November 2015, 07:24 AM
Coalesce has you covered in the Yiros, don't eat it :lol:

Excellent, just making sure.

I've got his number so poor guy will get some calls from me.

benno_r
10th November 2015, 08:50 AM
Thursday team, If I can get a lift back to CBD I'll be able to hang around for the 9holer and dinner.

Any chance?

thecollective
10th November 2015, 08:57 AM
Thursday team, If I can get a lift back to CBD I'll be able to hang around for the 9holer and dinner.

Any chance?

If you can put up with a babbling lefty in an old school Honda Civic consider it done!

TC

benno_r
10th November 2015, 09:00 AM
If you can put up with a babbling lefty in an old school Honda Civic consider it done!

TC
What is with SAnkers and their backwards golf stances!

Thanks mate, i'll get on board that.

Peppas
10th November 2015, 09:11 AM
Booyah!

Benno and I are staying at the same place too... so whoever is driving me back, can we stop for a kitchener on the way home?

Chilled
10th November 2015, 09:13 AM
Booyah!

Benno and I are staying at the same place too... so whoever is driving me back, can we stop for a kitchener on the way home?Your wish is their command :D

thecollective
10th November 2015, 09:17 AM
Booyah!

Benno and I are staying at the same place too... so whoever is driving me back, can we stop for a kitchener on the way home?

There will also be an 'introduction tasting' for the 9-hole comp sponsor 'Parkfield Wines' (I better take it easy as im designated driver).

Janet (cook @ Tanunda) puts up a strong feed - you might not have room for a Kitchener

There is a 24 hour Vilis @ Enfield that we can go to - its directly on the way back to the city

TC

Peppas
10th November 2015, 09:23 AM
There will also be an 'introduction tasting' for the 9-hole comp sponsor 'Parkfield Wines' (I better take it easy as im designated driver).

Janet (cook @ Tanunda) puts up a strong feed - you might not have room for a Kitchener

There is a 24 hour Vilis @ Enfield that we can go to - its directly on the way back to the city

TC

It's an hour drive back in right? There'll be room for a kitchener :)

Wenz
10th November 2015, 09:50 AM
24 Hour Villis on Main North is top notch. I eat lunch their at least once a week.
Highly recommend.

benno_r
10th November 2015, 05:55 PM
Just had a cheeky 9 "pre warmup round warmup" at Barossa Valley GC.

Positives: love playing on real golf grass. Interesting little course.

Negatives: still heading for a mid field finish. SA trees are not 95% air.

Hatchman
10th November 2015, 06:16 PM
Just had a cheeky 9 "pre warmup round warmup" at Barossa Valley GC.

Positives: love playing on real golf grass. Interesting little course.

Negatives: still heading for a mid field finish. SA trees are not 95% air.

You must be using the wrong ball :razz:

How'd you find the Barossa Greens. Normally quick to slick but so smooth and true.

benno_r
10th November 2015, 06:34 PM
You must be using the wrong ball :razz:

How'd you find the Barossa Greens. Normally quick to slick but so smooth and true.
I reckon they aren't quite back from renos yet. Very true but not super quick yet.

thecollective
11th November 2015, 08:18 AM
Just a quick update:

The Golflink server at Tanunda has blown up! (sounds like the storm got it and it wasn't on a surge protector and/or UPS...tutt tutt)

Hence there could be a long delay in the scores being processed by Golflink.

Hence if you were planning to farm out your handicap for the weekend sadly it won't happen at Tanunda

Looks like its only 2 shots then for 3PP!

TC

WBennett
11th November 2015, 08:20 AM

I stayed at Rydges at Tanunda in about 2005. I have to go back.

Tanunda Pines was great fun from memory. As was walking into a corporate winemakers day, and getting filled up on 10 different wines in half an hour *hic*

thecollective
11th November 2015, 08:24 AM
I stayed at Rydges at Tanunda in about 2005. I have to go back.

Tanunda Pines was great fun from memory. As was walking into a corporate winemakers day, and getting filled up on 10 different wines in half an hour *hic*

wb: you're more than welcome anytime! course has come a long way since '05 and is only gonna get better and better due to wealthy owners who have a passion for spending money on golf.

TC

Peppas
11th November 2015, 08:56 AM
Just a quick update:

The Golflink server at Tanunda has blown up! (sounds like the storm got it and it wasn't on a surge protector and/or UPS...tutt tutt)

Hence there could be a long delay in the scores being processed by Golflink.

Hence if you were planning to farm out your handicap for the weekend sadly it won't happen at Tanunda

Looks like its only 2 shots then for 3PP!

TC

All good, I'm already on my anchor!

nadg63
11th November 2015, 12:26 PM
Less than 24 hours to go! Have fun tomorrow guys.

Chilled
11th November 2015, 01:19 PM
All good, I'm already on my anchor!I tried to get to mine.....blew out two shots so not a bad effort in the leadup to Champs!!! :D

Hatchman
11th November 2015, 05:42 PM
Counting down the hours until I finish work for the night/week, come on midnight.

The hammers have been chosen for the first round:
TRPX D103 Driver with Oban Devo7tion Reg
Ping Eye 2+ BeCu 3-PW

Peppas
11th November 2015, 05:46 PM
Sweet ferret we are in the same group tomorrow!!

coalesce
11th November 2015, 05:48 PM
TC, not sure whether I'd get reciprocal discount anymore - I'm only a flexi member at the vines now. Happy to try for it tho! :)

Ferrins
11th November 2015, 05:51 PM
Isn't it good we get on much better in person.

Peppas
11th November 2015, 05:52 PM
Isn't it good we get on much better in person.

What's wrong with how we get on not in person? :)

Ferrins
11th November 2015, 05:54 PM
Glad Hatch won't get to see me sky his driver.

coalesce
11th November 2015, 05:54 PM
Do I need to change group? :)

Ferrins
11th November 2015, 05:56 PM
Pepps likes my ball finding skills.

Hatchman
11th November 2015, 05:57 PM
Glad Hatch won't get to see me sky his driver.

Wouldn't notice with all mine on there :D

thecollective
11th November 2015, 06:05 PM
TC, not sure whether I'd get reciprocal discount anymore - I'm only a flexi member at the vines now. Happy to try for it tho! :)

It will be fine, just say you're a member of the vines. I will be with you as well

Peppas
11th November 2015, 06:22 PM
Pepps likes my ball finding skills.

Love it!

Ferrins
11th November 2015, 07:54 PM
Wouldn't notice with all mine on there :D

I am bringing some of Daves dumbo tape.

Chilled
12th November 2015, 04:11 AM
Have fun guys for the first day of SA Champs!!!

Peppas
12th November 2015, 05:29 AM
Wow. I didn't think I was cutting it fine but I got to the airport with an hour to spare. Took 15mins to find a park. ****.

Lucky I am flying Qantas. Kiosk, oversize baggage, 10mins later I am sitting at my gate. Phew. With 30mins to spare, so good! See you mofos in a few hours!

highballin
12th November 2015, 07:09 AM
Have a great day guys! Looking forward to the weekend.

wazamac
12th November 2015, 07:53 AM
Have a good game today fellas, beautiful day here, sun is shining, water mains are bursting. See you tomorrow.

Hatchman
12th November 2015, 07:59 AM
I've had my 4hrs sleep coming off afternoon shift. Bacon sandwich and coffee for breakfast. Pack some stuff in the Ministers to make sure she goes away for my holiday.......er I mean her holiday �� and ready to go.

Wicked lightning display last night all around home and out north last night along with a little bit of rain to keep the dust down.

oldracer
12th November 2015, 08:32 AM
Have fun guys, regular updates pls n Benno, thought u would have been WAY over the folage

Peppas
12th November 2015, 08:52 AM
Vilis, first stop! Booyah!

coalesce
12th November 2015, 08:56 AM
Vilis, first stop! Booyah!

Lagerlover
12th November 2015, 09:16 AM
Hope it pi$$es down... pricks

mrbluu
12th November 2015, 09:19 AM
Pack some stuff in the Minister

Is that what u kids call it these days ;)

3Puttpete
12th November 2015, 09:24 AM

Half of them are your team preparing to defend your hon.....

Nah, sorry! I couldn't finish that

Chilled
12th November 2015, 09:26 AM

Lol.

Peppas
12th November 2015, 09:55 AM
Booyah!

Chilled
12th November 2015, 09:56 AM
^^ Needs more cream.

Ferrins
12th November 2015, 10:30 AM
Just had a glitch with car hire, will get to golf 12.20pm

Ferrins
12th November 2015, 11:03 AM
How slow can I go'

Lagerlover
12th November 2015, 11:14 AM
How slow can I go' Should've read the radar report in the paper.Do they still do that?

Hatchman
12th November 2015, 11:15 AM
This is getting serious. They're all practicing.

3Puttpete
12th November 2015, 11:20 AM
How can you tell?

Chilled
12th November 2015, 11:34 AM
heh.....can we have some bigger pics please? :p

I can sort of make out a range they're standing on?

Ferrins
12th November 2015, 11:34 AM
I will be just on time, maybe!

3Puttpete
12th November 2015, 11:35 AM
I will be just on time, maybe!

It'd be quicker if you stopped pulling over to post in here

thecollective
12th November 2015, 11:48 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/11/b70a7621913c7caae363d043f74fe7c4.jpg

All ready to roll, Where's Ferrins?

Lagerlover
12th November 2015, 11:52 AM
Nice.

Have all the greens got two pins?

Chilled
12th November 2015, 11:53 AM
All ready to roll, Where's Ferrins?On the side of the road posting messages to ozgolf :D

Ferrins
12th November 2015, 12:01 PM
On the side of the road posting messages to ozgolf :D

I may be lost

Chilled
12th November 2015, 12:03 PM
I may be lostGPS? Or follow the stink of hatchys smelly socks?

3Puttpete
12th November 2015, 12:04 PM
Nice.

Have all the greens got two pins?

And why so small?

nadg63
12th November 2015, 12:15 PM
Have a good day guys, Gotta be better than working! :(

coalesce
12th November 2015, 12:18 PM
Would be nice if we could start...

wazamac
12th November 2015, 12:41 PM
I can't see anyone in Tan Undies:wink: Just watch out for that 10th green Coalesce. She's a doozy from the right hand side.

Chilled
12th November 2015, 02:25 PM
So who's leading the hosel rocket challenge after today!??

nadg63
12th November 2015, 03:02 PM
More to the point, did the missing Ferrins put in an appearance!?

wazamac
12th November 2015, 03:04 PM
He probably turned up with cream all around his mouth.

nadg63
12th November 2015, 03:37 PM
After driving around most of the Barossa Valley/South Australia , FERRINS finally admits defeat and stops to ask for directions!

wazamac
12th November 2015, 05:36 PM
+1

Steve57
12th November 2015, 05:58 PM
It must be a chop fest, no scores or posts from any of the participants and they hit off nearly 6 hours ago!

jasonb
12th November 2015, 06:28 PM
It must be a chop fest, no scores or posts from any of the participants and they hit off nearly 6 hours ago!

They are playing another 9 I believe.

Steve57
12th November 2015, 06:33 PM
That could explain it!

3Puttpete
12th November 2015, 06:35 PM
Or they went looking for Ferrins and got lost in his world

Steve57
12th November 2015, 06:36 PM
Never to return!!!!

3Puttpete
12th November 2015, 06:39 PM
Never to return!!!!

They might return but they'll never recover

Steve57
12th November 2015, 06:40 PM
Lol!

nadg63
12th November 2015, 06:41 PM
They are playing another 9 I believe.

Yes, playing 18, having dinner then heading out for another hit.

Ferrins
12th November 2015, 07:16 PM
Benno and moi tied on 36 everyone sucked balls. Benno got nto approach and moi ntp.

Steve57
12th November 2015, 07:17 PM
Benno and moi tied on 36 everyone sucked balls. Benno got nto approach and moi ntp.
At least you found it!
We had our doubts.

Lagerlover
12th November 2015, 07:18 PM
Yes, playing 18, having dinner then heading out for another hit.

Cheats!!!

Hatchman
12th November 2015, 07:20 PM
27 holes done and dusted. The course won.

Lagerlover
12th November 2015, 07:21 PM
How did AndyP sneak in??

Lagerlover
12th November 2015, 07:22 PM
And why is Dotty taking a photo of his boner?

Steve57
12th November 2015, 07:26 PM
How did AndyP sneak in??
It can't be, he is not wearing beige!

Hatchman
12th November 2015, 08:19 PM
Shank count currently stands at 0 after 27 #players.

coalesce
12th November 2015, 08:22 PM
Pretty close to my points count

Hatchman
12th November 2015, 08:32 PM
Winners in the twilight comp.

3Puttpete
12th November 2015, 08:33 PM
The bandit looks unimpressed

Lagerlover
12th November 2015, 08:35 PM
Ambrose ntp and they only had 3 balls to give out?

coalesce
12th November 2015, 08:37 PM
They gave out balls from 16 points upwards for the 9 holes. The winner by 6 points was some kid with 25.

Interestingly, that's 1 more point than I got having played 27 holes

Lagerlover
12th November 2015, 08:40 PM
Hahaha

highballin
12th November 2015, 08:50 PM
They gave out balls from 16 points upwards for the 9 holes. The winner by 6 points was some kid with 25.

Interestingly, that's 1 more point than I got having played 27 holes

Tank written all over it!