PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing March 27th

Flowergirl
29th March 2006, 06:12 PM
Wow - Wednesday and nobody else has started this thread.

Played par today. Was down 2 by the fourth hole:evil: Then squared the next 10 or so - had a few plus then a few minus and finished with -2.
Short game was woeful - just woeful. I did not make one - not one - up and down all day. How bad is that!!!!!!!! And that was after a solid practise session on the weekend.
I asked one of our girls who has a great short game to give me a bit of a lession. She said my technique was ok but my main problem was lack of touch. She got me to hold the club so so lightly in my hands - fingers really - and "feel" the club. We played around with this for a while and I really did "clip" the ball off the turf a lot crisper.
First game of pennant tomorrow. I am so so looking forward to it.:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Moe Norman
29th March 2006, 06:22 PM
29 points 85 off the stick, average off the tee and short game atrocious didn't heep stats but had plenty of putts, missed about 8 u&d opportunities hit about 10 greens and maybe 5 fairways at best.

amanda
29th March 2006, 06:58 PM
Good luck for tomorrow FG :)

Grunt
29th March 2006, 07:51 PM
Played Horizons on monday as the final round of my golf weekend. I was tired & sore. Only hit about 10 good shots all day for a shabby 25 points I think. 99 holes in 5 days was a bit much I think

chappy1970
30th March 2006, 09:18 AM
Good luck FG, I know you can do it....

Chappy

Flowergirl
30th March 2006, 05:22 PM
Good luck FG, I know you can do it....

Chappy

And I did!!!!!! The team won - 5 winner, I draw and 1 non winner.

The nerves had the better of me on the first couple of holes but I settled down. Played a bad first nine - but my opponents was worse - went to the turn at +1. We squared the next - she sunk a beautiful putt - then I won the next four - par, birdie, par, par to win 5 up with 3 to go.

Highlight of the game - second hole - par 3 - pushed my tee shot into a hazard. Ball was unplayable - took a drop behind hazard - hit up and over these tall trees - plonked it on the green - and 2 putted. She missed the green, skulled it over the back, duffed the next chip, chipped on again and two putted. Never say die!!!!!! My bad 5 beat her shocking six!!!

Had a great day - we have new team uniforms and now feel like a million dollars instead of the poor cousins.

i love pennant:mrgreen:

Next week we play a team who all are off 13. Our handicaps are 12, 18,18,19,19,22,22. And no - we don't get shots!!!. I love a challenge.:twisted:

AndyP
30th March 2006, 05:28 PM
...and 1 non winner.
What's wrong with the term 'loser'?

Well done, FG, nice little streak there with the pars and bird.

I'm jealous of you pennant players.

Good luck next week.

Flowergirl
30th March 2006, 05:43 PM
Thanks AP.......
I"m feeling too good today to call anyone a loser :)

Jarro
30th March 2006, 05:57 PM
congrats reenie 8)

.. suppose this means john-boy's gonna get lucky tonight ;)

Flowergirl
30th March 2006, 06:46 PM
congrats reenie 8)

.. suppose this means john-boy's gonna get lucky tonight ;)

Dead right there mate......I"m cooking him a roast. That's his idea of getting "lucky". ( I do cook a mean roast!!):smt002

Jarro
30th March 2006, 08:06 PM
mmmmmmmmm... ROAST....................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

congratulations again on the win FG .... hope you kick a4se again next pennnants match ;)

Jarro
31st March 2006, 01:24 PM
went out for a hit with 3 mates this morning ... venue was Royal & Ancient Pine Rivers :roll:

rained a fair bit out there today, with a few lightning strikes around the area as well .. glad we finished when we did ;)

had an 83 (par 70) 28 putts .... 7 fairways ... 5 G.I.R's .... 6/13 u&d's

2 birdies
8 pars
4 bogeys
2 double-bogeys :oops: :oops:
1 triple-bogey :oops: :oops: :oops:
1 quadruple-bogey:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

brad
31st March 2006, 01:27 PM
Better than my last game :|. Looking forward to this weekend, even if it is a mixed foursome game :)

AndyP
31st March 2006, 01:39 PM
I've never played Pine Rivers, jarro, and haven't heard anything good about it. Is it worth playing once?

Jarro
31st March 2006, 01:44 PM
I've never played Pine Rivers, jarro, and haven't heard anything good about it. Is it worth playing once?

no.

it's a goat track. We payed $20 (which is at least $10 too much) For this, you get huge patches of dirt and rocks in the middle of fairways ... very scratchy greens ... lots and lots of huge hills you have to climb ... and to top it off, extremely rude greenskeepers that sit on the edge of the green on their mowers with the motor running while your lining up a putt/tee shot :evil:

it's not worth the trip for you AndyP .. trust me. I only agreed to play there because it's about a 10 minute drive from my house.

Grunt
31st March 2006, 01:45 PM
Played Mac Grange this morning, carried my poor form from Monday into today 5 Pars 7 wipes. 28 points. Foursomes Champs tomorrow so hopefully I can get it right when it is my shot.

Moe Norman
31st March 2006, 01:50 PM
jarro, I think you're being very kind suggesting that the $20 fee is only $100 too much....

having said that AndyP I'll play any course once.

Jarro
31st March 2006, 01:51 PM
what were your thoughts on Pine Rivers Moe ??

Moe Norman
31st March 2006, 01:56 PM
Jarro, I think $20 green fee is $30 too much....

Grunt
1st April 2006, 01:30 PM
Played the 1st round of my clubs Foursome Championships with a mate off 21. We played well with a few highlights, 2 birdies and a couple of lowlights Double, Double, Double finish. We ended up with a 89 of the stick, 7th in the scratch score :) & 68.5 Nett and Leading :)

Good day with pretty good ballstriking

Bruce
1st April 2006, 06:31 PM
Mirboo North Tournament - Single Stroke.
Forecast: scattered showers with sunny periods. Rather apt in hindsight.

48-48-96 for a nett 73 which in tough conditions was good enough to win C-Grade both off the stick and nett. :D

I had 4 triples today and a couple of 3 jacks. Converting from the carpet fairways and fast greens to the county course took a bit of effort too.

The course is par 71 and CCR is 72 for today. Is it possible to win and still go out 0.1?

BrisVegas
1st April 2006, 08:33 PM
Riverlakes Pro-Am from the tips.

78 gross (par 70)
36 points
10 fairways
10 GIR
32 putts
1/1 Sand Save
2/4 U&D
3 penalties - water!

PeteyD
1st April 2006, 11:18 PM
Redland Bay. Single Stab, course was set for monthly medal (bloody rain).
29 Points - 20 on the first nine (first 9 without a wipe for me) and a very crappy back nine.

pt73
2nd April 2006, 09:19 AM
Good news and bad news day, bad first.

April monthly medal on April Fools Day, shot 78 (+6) for a nett 74, the double on the 3rd last hole was a nice way to stuff up an OK round.

Good news is that nett 74 was good enough to win the playoff for the March monthly medal.

PT

goughy
2nd April 2006, 01:01 PM
I actually get to post in one of these threads. It has been a while.

Very happy and very annoyed with myself. 36pts today, considering my layoff I'm stoked. Didn't feel I did anything too special, 5/15 fairways, 37% up and downs and 33 putts.

Why am I annoyed. Played resonably smart for most of the time. Driving was probably the best it's been for a while. A few of them were only just off the fairways. Including the two on 7 and 9 (my 16th and 18th holes). Just decided with the wind behind to absolutely try and smash the daylights out of them. And I did.

Witht he draw I'd been hitting I aimed at a tree each time that would have been out of play for me. Both went pretty straight and ended up forcing me to hit punch approach shots. On 7 I was only about 30mtrs out but it still got caught up and stopped short. A bad chip and missed putt for 1 pt.

On 9 I tried to hit a cut 9 iron around the tree and it just came up short in the bunker. 3 to get out and 2 putts later for my first wash. Was looking at my first sub par net round in like a year and a half (only 7 games in that). Oh well.

In the end nothing spectacular but solid golf. Now for the easter long weekend.

BrisVegas
2nd April 2006, 01:39 PM
Good work Dean. Shows you haven't lost it mate. Great to see you playing again.

connico
2nd April 2006, 05:37 PM
31 and two wipes at Foxhills.....i could have gotten better, driver will now be coming out of the bag and a 3 wood will be making its entrance...

dismal

Pinglauncher
2nd April 2006, 06:31 PM
My first round in 5 weeks and finished 4 down but at least my back did not give me any problems. Actually pretty happy with my ball striking but putting was difficult today. Our greens had just been sanded, except some did not get done and others had more or less sand on them so speed was so different from holoe to hole it was almost impossible to get a ffel for the speed.

On a brighter note Nathan (Ping Jnr) had another win in "C" Grade with 5 up and we finished 10 up in the 4 ball and just got pipped.

jimandr
2nd April 2006, 08:55 PM
A frustrating 29 points at Fox Hills today with Connico and Zipptopp. Played much better than I scored. An indication: FH has six par 4's in a row, I had 6 bogey 5's in a row, but I had to chip out from the trees 4 of those six holes.

Fairways = 4 of 13
GIR = 5 of 18, but it is really 5 of 11
Putts = 33 (or 30), zero 3 putts, zero birdies
Up and Down = 3 of 6 (or 6 of 9).
1 penalty

7 times I had to chip out less than 100m, and therefore couldn't go for the green. A couple of these I was only two feet off the fairway, but blocked by a tree.

The greens were so firm that 60m sand wedges wouldn't hold the green. 3 times the ball trickled off the back but within putting range. I counted these as two putts.

My life wouldn't be poorer if I didn't play Fox Hills again.

amanda
3rd April 2006, 07:50 AM
Brad and I played in the mixed foursomes yesterday - 99/79 to be about middle of the pack.

We both had a terrible day off the tee - but scrambled really well from the trees and with our chipping. Of course - putting on sanded greens didn't really help - I saw 2 perfect par putts just hit a bump before the cup and make a 90* turn :-?

Looking forward to playing even a smidge better next week :-D

brad
3rd April 2006, 12:51 PM
I'll second that !!

Grunt
3rd April 2006, 04:14 PM
I am hoping to improve in our 4somes too