PDA

View Full Version : The Golf Show on Foxtel.

Bruce
29th March 2006, 04:34 PM
Now admitted I was flicking across to the cricket a lot during last night's episode, but it seemed to me that it had tweaked its' format a bit to become more watchable.

It seemed to flow a bit better rather than the stodgy chunk format they used to run.

Anyone else less inclined to vomit from the show now?

Jarro
29th March 2006, 04:50 PM
i like it now, they have a lot more interesting spots on Tour players bags as well ..... 8)

Brett Ogle is still a doofus though

gazgolf1
29th March 2006, 06:15 PM
Ogle is a doofus but I'm glad that grinning mouthpiece Greg Clark is gone.

JustGolf
24th March 2010, 10:01 AM
Anyone that watched it can you tell me if they had a training aid on it call "smooth swing." It is like a big rubber band that goes around your arms and stops "chicken wing." We have had hepas of inquires about it in the last 2 days and I can't work out why

sms316
24th March 2010, 10:03 AM
Yep. Made by Izzo.

Daves
24th March 2010, 10:20 AM
http://www.izzo.com/product/tabid/97/p-116-smooth-swing.aspx

3oneday
24th March 2010, 10:37 AM
Don't watch the show still, and it's interesting to note that Ogle is still a doofus after 4 years :)

razaar
24th March 2010, 10:47 AM
I would watch it if Ogle gave chipping lessons.:razz:

3oneday
24th March 2010, 10:55 AM
Reverse handed or left handed ?

Greeny
24th March 2010, 05:51 PM
I think I agree Bruce. It's still a little clunky, or chunky but it has improved. It's just a little too....I dunno....staged or something?

sms316
24th March 2010, 06:25 PM
I think I agree Bruce. It's still a little clunky, or chunky but it has improved. It's just a little too....I dunno....staged or something?

That wanky challenge between the ALPGA golfers was cringeworthy.

TheTrueReview
24th March 2010, 11:38 PM
That wanky challenge between the ALPGA golfers was cringeworthy.

I think that segment was what they call "filler".

Andrew
25th March 2010, 07:07 AM
Don't watch the show still, and it's interesting to note that Ogle is still a doofus after 4 years :)

It’s easy to be critical, but I think Ogle does well at a job that is not that easy.

Eag's
25th March 2010, 08:33 AM
I agree with Andrew, I quite enjoy watching Ogle.

solarman
25th March 2010, 10:20 AM
The big question would be.....What retired type golfer etc would be any better?

Bushka
25th March 2010, 10:39 AM
I'm into it. Ogles great. Much better than that ONE HD golf show which was just bleargh.

I like that they are doing more profile stuff on the players almost like it's a magazine style editorial now. You don't have to watch ESPN style yank player highlights constantly, it's very oz centric.

3oneday
25th March 2010, 11:11 AM
He must be a better host than he is a commentator then.

Godscountry
25th March 2010, 01:29 PM
I cant believe how many people actually rip into Ogle. He is a good personality and was a bloody good golfer. Who else do you want to host it? How about Eddie or Fatty Vautin?

3oneday
25th March 2010, 02:10 PM
Yep, they'd do it. Ogle is highly qualified, and when he doesn't carry on like a fool he is fine. His commentary during the Presidents Cup was embarrassing.

Each to their own, loosen the jumper :)

sms316
25th March 2010, 06:08 PM
He is tolerable when he isn't attempting to be funny.

Scoot
25th March 2010, 09:36 PM
I quite like him, in fact I may be called a fan.

I don't like the pathetic advertisments that they started last year with that sargeant ? bloke.

Other than that, gives a good run down, and I like Ozzie as well.

Daves
13th April 2016, 08:05 PM
I was out last night, so didn't see it. I usually record it anyway, but it didn't record last night?? Found it on the website and it seems to have been a mix of old segments, with no Bogle and Co. When I looked up the program guide for next week, it is showing as The Best of Part 2?

jimandr
13th April 2016, 10:36 PM
Ogle and Gow were in Augusta. So I assume they decided not to record a Golf Show for this week. Let's be honest. The Masters was the only golf event to talk about, and we probably didn't need to see another hour of highlights.

I don't have the same explanation for next week though. It is actually quite a good week of golf, with the Heritage, The Spanish Open at Valderrama and an LPGA in Hawaii.

Jazz18
14th April 2016, 11:51 AM
The less Paul Gow is on the TV, the better.

Jarro
15th April 2016, 07:40 PM
The less Paul Gow is on the TV, the better.
Same could be said of Bogle .... painful to watch 😠

mrbluu
15th April 2016, 08:31 PM
I don't mind those 2, it's radar that I can't stand!!!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Jazz18
16th April 2016, 09:47 AM
I don't mind those 2, it's radar that I can't stand!!!

Yep, Radar is a lunatic!

mrbluu
16th April 2016, 11:19 AM
Yep, Radar is a lunatic!
Ia that a different way to spell F-Wit??

AlexMc
16th April 2016, 06:46 PM
Yep, Radar is a lunatic! Isn't he a grape?

Davidvfr
17th April 2016, 09:39 AM
I was out last night, so didn't see it. I usually record it anyway, but it didn't record last night?? Found it on the website and it seems to have been a mix of old segments, with no Bogle and Co. When I looked up the program guide for next week, it is showing as The Best of Part 2?

On my IQ box The Golf Show was listed at 0830 Wednesday morning. I thought they may be doing a live show from Augusta. When I got home from work there was no sign of it.

I'll try to remember to send Brett Ogle a message on Twitter, see if he knows what happened...

Davidvfr
17th April 2016, 10:19 PM
On my IQ box The Golf Show was listed at 0830 Wednesday morning. I thought they may be doing a live show from Augusta. When I got home from work there was no sign of it.

I'll try to remember to send Brett Ogle a message on Twitter, see if he knows what happened...

I got a reply from Brett Ogle pretty quickly.

He said, "It has been taken off, don't know when return is. Reason: no idea..."

So I guess the only thing we could do is ask Fox Sports. I'll ask on their Facebook page & see what happens.

hacker
18th April 2016, 08:32 AM
Don't act too interested, surely The Golf Show (or at least the hosts) being given the arse can only be a blessing.

Daves
18th April 2016, 08:38 AM
I got a reply from Brett Ogle pretty quickly.

He said, "It has been taken off, don't know when return is. Reason: no idea..."

So I guess the only thing we could do is ask Fox Sports. I'll ask on their Facebook page & see what happens.

That doesn't surprise me, the show had become very blokey.

jimandr
31st July 2016, 09:37 PM
Don't act too interested, surely The Golf Show (or at least the hosts) being given the arse can only be a blessing.

Your wish appears to have been partly granted.

There are promo's for a new show called On Par with Paul Gow starting next Tuesday in the regular timeslot.

I did notice Brett Ogle doing an outro for the Monday night replay last Monday, so maybe that will be his new role.

I'll predict right now that the regular critics on this and other forums will hate the new show.

mrbluu
31st July 2016, 09:43 PM
I really liked the golf show and quite disappointed that it's no longer on. The only good thing is we see less of Radar Riley!!!

Am looking forward to see Paul Gow's new show!!!

Godscountry
2nd August 2016, 09:28 PM
I watched the new show, I'd rather watch the golf show. It's pretty much an Aussie version of that feherety show.

KristianJ
20th September 2016, 11:12 PM
Welcome to your New Golf Show:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/andrew-daddo-returns-to-screens-as-present-on-the-new-golf-show/news-story/e990b66c31deaafbb483a2a9c15fa4a3

mrbluu
21st September 2016, 06:58 PM
Does anyone what happened to the old golf show?

wazamac
22nd September 2016, 10:10 PM
Dunno. I suspect it might be like Top Gear and Bogle punched the producer.

Got to be better than looking at Gow with herpes on his face trying to show Jimmy Barnes how to play.

Jazz18
22nd September 2016, 11:53 PM
Dunno. I suspect it might be like Top Gear and Bogle punched the producer.

Got to be better than looking at Gow with herpes on his face trying to show Jimmy Barnes how to play.

Pulling teeth is better than watching Paul Gow do anything!

spanner039
9th November 2016, 12:38 PM
Im liking the new version, Gow has grown on me and Daddo's just a dag that would probably fit right in here.

Am i on my own with this?

Slug
9th November 2016, 12:41 PM
Nope, I'm enjoying it also

oldracer
9th November 2016, 01:18 PM
yep like it and Daddo is a tragic like most of us

Lucasto23
9th November 2016, 01:33 PM
Im liking the new version, Gow has grown on me and Daddo's just a dag that would probably fit right in here.

Am i on my own with this?

You are a legend therefore what you like is legendary. Loved daddo in the second hand shop last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spanner039
9th November 2016, 02:02 PM
You are a legend therefore what you like is legendary. Loved daddo in the second hand shop last night

Cheers buddy !!

Tell me we all wouldnt have reacted the same way as when he was recommended those ping things

Lucasto23
9th November 2016, 02:07 PM
Cheers buddy !!

Tell me we all wouldnt have reacted the same way as when he was recommended those ping things

Haha yes in deed no shovels for me sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Nemo
26th January 2017, 08:45 PM
All the range, short game filming of B.J is done at B.D

Hatchman
1st February 2017, 07:52 PM
All the range, short game filming of B.J is done at B.D

Ratings boot attempt filming BJ's :shock: