PDA

View Full Version : Vic: Why no Vic games here?

Cymru
5th May 2015, 07:00 PM
As per title, where are all the Vic games??

chappy1970
5th May 2015, 07:17 PM
Feel free to organise one Cymru.
They do pop up from time to time.

spanner039
5th May 2015, 07:29 PM
Lefty organizes a pretty mean 5 days each Feb

markTHEblake
5th May 2015, 07:30 PM
They all moved to queensland..

Cymru
5th May 2015, 07:33 PM
Long time to wait! Might see if I can get something going, is it because there are not many Vic people here?

Coldtopper
5th May 2015, 07:40 PM
Heaps of Vic guys around. Someone here was talking about a whack recently

spanner039
5th May 2015, 07:41 PM
Theres lots, we just hibernate for winter.

3oneday
5th May 2015, 08:05 PM
The vics are WA.... or sorry, wrong state !!!

:lol:

LeftyHoges
6th May 2015, 09:35 AM

Awwwww, shucks.... :oops: :oops: :oops: ;)

I've been toying with the idea of a VIC Spring Cup. Just a one-dayer, but see if we can nail down a really nice course and get a dozen to 16 guys there.

And yes cymru, it is a long way off, but make sure you get to it. An absolute blast with great guys, and some very nice courses lined up for 2016 already. Will be Feb 4-8.

thecollective
6th May 2015, 10:04 AM
There are not many Vic days because the weather is so bad that its not worth it.

Along with that the local beer tastes so foul you spend the rest of the day recovering from all the chemicals you have just consumed.

Plus you never make the tee times because you are stuck in wall to wall traffic on Punt rd for 2 hours.

#kickavic :wink:

TC

mint
15th May 2015, 11:16 AM

I've been toying with the idea of a VIC Spring Cup. Just a one-dayer, but see if we can nail down a really nice course and get a dozen to 16 guys there.

And yes cymru, it is a long way off, but make sure you get to it. An absolute blast with great guys, and some very nice courses lined up for 2016 already. Will be Feb 4-8.

I am in for that Lefty! Congrats on the wedding mate! If anyone has access to a track that isn't water logged I would be interested haha

Coldtopper
15th May 2015, 11:50 AM
I would venture out if the venue and weather isn't shit.

oldracer
15th May 2015, 02:20 PM
I am in for that Lefty! Congrats on the wedding mate! If anyone has access to a track that isn't water logged I would be interested hahaStill very dry this side of the divide, wedding?????

mrbluu
15th May 2015, 02:21 PM
I would venture out if the venue and weather isn't shit. So a definite maybe???

oldracer
15th May 2015, 02:23 PM

And yes cymru, it is a long way off, but make sure you get to it. An absolute blast with great guys, and some very nice courses lined up for 2016 already. Will be Feb 4-8.what about a Sat arvo (after comp) round then a sun morning round, makes the trip worthwhile and of course some BS on the sat night 8-)

LeftyHoges
15th May 2015, 02:41 PM
what about a Sat arvo (after comp) round then a sun morning round, makes the trip worthwhile and of course some BS on the sat night 8-)

Just a little reluctant to make it a two-day thing as guys find it hard to commit to both days of a weekend, which I think would effect your numbers harder than guys not bothering to go for a one-day thing. I'd certainly be happy enough to arrange a Sat arvo hit around for guys that wanted two days, but that would just be for shits and giggles and a $ kitty to play for, not an "official event". Then the big one on a really nice course on a Sunday mid-morning or lunchtime at latest. Have a shield / cup as an annual trophy, and the winner of each year to organise the next year (where possible).

benno_r
15th May 2015, 02:46 PM
and the winner of each year to organise the next year.

So you're organising every year? One day format should suit you down to the ground.

LeftyHoges
15th May 2015, 02:46 PM
So you're organising every year? One day format should suit you down to the ground.

Only if we play it on a Monday.

My Sunday's suck dead donkey nuts.

markTHEblake
15th May 2015, 03:06 PM
How about Vic Mid Am? I forgot when that is

mrbluu
15th May 2015, 03:11 PM
Just a little reluctant to make it a two-day thing as guys find it hard to commit to both days of a weekend, which I think would effect your numbers harder than guys not bothering to go for a one-day thing. I'd certainly be happy enough to arrange a Sat arvo hit around for guys that wanted two days, but that would just be for shits and giggles and a $ kitty to play for, not an "official event". Then the big one on a really nice course on a Sunday mid-morning or lunchtime at latest. Have a shield / cup as an annual trophy, and the winner of each year to organise the next year (where possible).
Would u play for tiles???

AndyP
15th May 2015, 03:14 PM
So a definite maybe???
Put it down as a jarro pencil.

backintheswing
15th May 2015, 03:25 PM
How about Vic Mid Am? I forgot when that is

Lefty's not old enough

markTHEblake
15th May 2015, 03:28 PM
It's over 30 not over 40

backintheswing
15th May 2015, 03:29 PM
It's over 30 not over 40

He's a young un

LeftyHoges
15th May 2015, 03:37 PM
He's a young un

I qualify as of a month ago if it's over 30. But it's only up to ages of 54, and over 3 days.

I don't think it suits us.

LeftyHoges
15th May 2015, 03:37 PM
Would u play for tiles???

No. No-one is taking off me what I already own.

Coldtopper
15th May 2015, 07:03 PM
I qualify as of a month ago if it's over 30. But it's only up to ages of 54, and over 3 days.

I don't think it suits us. January at some shit hole is mid am.

So a respectable track on a Saturday nothing around except the Peninsula's

markTHEblake
15th May 2015, 11:41 PM
January at some shit hole is mid am. Don't forget, your shot hole would be a top 5 course in Qld. Easily.