PDA

View Full Version : Putter Refinishing/Refurbishments

Wenz
1st May 2015, 02:14 PM
I'm thinking about getting my SC Squareback No.2 refinished in a Black Finish.

I've heard Lajosi Putters do some really good work, I've sent him an email. Just waiting for a reply with a quote.
I was wondering if anyone else has done one recently and could give me some advice about what to ask for and what to look out for? How much did it cost? etc?

Also, don't really want to go with an interstate company, so does anyone know someone or a company that does refinishing that is located in SA.

I'm leaning towards getting something done like this.

FROM THIS

TO THIS

Kenny Powers
1st May 2015, 02:39 PM
im in the same boat Wenz, i just got a studio design with the intention to have it sent for a referb.
although it haven't spoken to Lajosi, it seems thats the way to go.
what are you specifically wanting to do to your putter?

Wenz
1st May 2015, 02:56 PM
Exactly like the pics I posted!

Black Oxide Finish
White & Silver Paintfill (might leave the cherry bombs untouched)
Satin Black Putter Shaft
Scotty Cameron Matador Grip

backintheswing
1st May 2015, 03:01 PM
No matter what black finish you put on, it will wear, especially going on to a stainless head.

When I was at Lajosi's in February, I showed him my Lajosi that has the black satin finish on it and it's a carbon putter. Kari gets the finishes done elsewhere, and with the black satin, they have to use a nickel plated primer for the black satin to stick to.

When the black satin wears off, you are left with the greyish colour of the nickel.

There is also another black finish you can try. It's a salt nitrate process that is done at very high temperature an impregnates the pores of the metal. I had a del mar done with this finish and it's dull but doesn't wear and it's black. Costs a fortune though.

Kenny Powers
1st May 2015, 03:14 PM
that will look the goods,
I'm thinking
gun blue finish
all black paint fill
black shaft
scotty cameron pistolero in black

Hux
1st May 2015, 07:09 PM
Hot or cold Gun bluing will not work on stainless steel. Pretty sure you cannot black oxide stainless as well.

Check out some of the specific firearm paints that are designed for high wear. Cerakote comes to mind.

Coldtopper
1st May 2015, 09:03 PM
Gold's Factory go ok.