PDA

View Full Version : Ping question

Lost Ball
26th April 2015, 01:59 AM
Hey

Regarding Ping lie angles, the info states the colour code is found by one's height versus the one's wrist-to-floor height. Question - is the wrist height measured when standing normally or at address?

Thanks

Dotty
26th April 2015, 05:36 AM
Did you measure your height when standing normally or at address?

I'd go with floor-to-wrist when standing normally.

davidw88
26th April 2015, 08:31 AM
Its when you stand normally, go onto the ping website and you can put the details in and will give you colour code and shaft length.

Wenz
26th April 2015, 08:31 AM
Fairly sure it's standing normally.

Captain Nemo
26th April 2015, 08:52 AM
E
Hey

Regarding Ping lie angles, the info states the colour code is found by one's height versus the one's wrist-to-floor height. Question - is the wrist height measured when standing normally or at address?

Thanks
The colour coding is just a guide.
You need to actually go to a demo day and hit balls.
The most important factor is how you attack the ball at impact.
You will only really see this by hitting balls off a lie board with tape on the sole of the club.
You will be surprised at what lie angle you really are.
Well worth a booking at a demo day rather than buying and figuring it out later.
Just my 2cents

Horse
26th April 2015, 09:55 AM
Lost Ball, it is done by standing normally looking out at the horizon. Wrist to floor is done by measuring from the crease of the wrist of the hand that is on the top of the grip to the floor. This gives you a starting point, it is not definitive. You still need to validate it by seeing the ball flight.

virge666
26th April 2015, 11:15 AM
Lost Ball, it is done by standing normally looking out at the horizon. Wrist to floor is done by measuring from the crease of the wrist of the hand that is on the top of the grip to the floor. This gives you a starting point, it is not definitive. You still need to validate it by seeing the ball flight.

This...

W2F is just starting point - then you do a few more tests after that to confirm it

dM.
26th April 2015, 02:49 PM
This exactly and its the first crease line.

Horse
26th April 2015, 03:37 PM
This...

W2F is just starting point - then you do a few more tests after that to confirm it

Why the aggression?

All I am saying is that by using your height and wrist to floor measurement it gives you a colour code to start with but you still need to hit shots to confirm it is giving you the desired ball flight.

virge666
26th April 2015, 03:39 PM
Me?

I was agreeing with you. As in. This is what you want to do.

Horse
26th April 2015, 03:41 PM
Me?

I was agreeing with you. As in. This is what you want to do.

My apologies! I misunderstood your reply.

virge666
26th April 2015, 03:43 PM
No problem at all

A bit of electrical tape and thin perspex sheet is also a nice addition.

Lost Ball
26th April 2015, 03:52 PM
Cool. Thanks guys.

qbnchopper
26th April 2015, 10:46 PM
Virge - do you need a submarine up there yet ?