PDA

View Full Version : yay for a resolution! silver fingers work again...

macleod
28th March 2006, 10:43 AM
==========

all sorted, i'm getting him to chuck her in the bin.

although iu suspect it would still protect your Futura just fine, it wasn't a bad headcover at all.

actually, funny thing is it did have a woven texture to it and good velcro etc...hence my feeling it was legit.

the phantom i just got is a real headcover but it felt crummy next to it, go figure! :lol:

========
I am sorry if it appears that I am rude and single minded in
the pursuit of what I felt was a wrong doing , however I was trying to
establish communications with you re the matter , not knowing that you had
difficulties in responding to my e-mails.

Having read your e-mail I feel pretty foolish in that thihgs
happen and so now write to you in the belief we can sort it out.

Essentrially the cover is not an original but a copy. I accept
you were not aware of this. It is of no use to me at this stage ,so I can
post it back to you for a refund if that is agreeable on your part.

Let me know how you would like to deal with the matter
=======

yay! paypal will be off my back and i can buy pron again! :D

connico
28th March 2006, 10:55 AM
how does he know its a fake???, how did you end up with it??? i dont think you would be buying fake SC's?

serrz
28th March 2006, 11:05 AM
Should have offered the headcover to a ISG'er instead!

AndyP
28th March 2006, 11:49 AM
A Ford model, isn't it?

andylo
28th March 2006, 11:55 AM
Nah, a score card holder :p

ren
28th March 2006, 02:44 PM
fake futura headcovers are smooth silver with no real texture/pattern,,,,
Real ones have a sort of 'weave' type pattern/texture almost like a silver carbon fibre.
If it was fake I don't blame the guy....because I'd crack the s***s with you too. If you sell something fake, even if you weren't aware of it, you have to take responsibility.

3oneday
28th March 2006, 05:45 PM
lucky those ravens weren't fakes then hey !!!

:p :lol:

brad
28th March 2006, 07:24 PM
So how'd the chat go ....

macleod
29th March 2006, 12:05 PM
boo hoo is all i have to say :D

how about a civil email in the first instance eh? ;) tirades rarely get me on your right side if you haven't taken the time to at least look into the matter first ie. my profile, the fact i have good pics up normally etc.

i've had plenty of stuff not pan out, but you catch more flies with honey...

he apologised profusely today about his tone in all the email including the exaggerated bits in the PayPal claim so it's all sweetness and light.

i told him to chuck it in the bin, but of course if i see it come up on ebay or or local trading rag...well....we'll see ;)

fake futura headcovers are smooth silver with no real texture/pattern,,,,
Real ones have a sort of 'weave' type pattern/texture almost like a silver carbon fibre.
If it was fake I don't blame the guy....because I'd crack the s***s with you too. If you sell something fake, even if you weren't aware of it, you have to take responsibility.

Fishman Dan
29th March 2006, 06:00 PM
I've come to believe nothing's impossible in your world Macleod... emphasis on your world ;)

I love a happy ending.

macleod
30th March 2006, 11:01 AM
yeah, my world roxor...solipsistic bliss, you CAN come and join me can't you? i can give you the recipe....

Moe Norman
30th March 2006, 11:19 AM
I'm glad you no longer live so close macca 8-[

macleod
30th March 2006, 01:51 PM
yeah me too, that suburb sucks ****.

i DO miss the new IGA owners Bruce and Anna, plus the boulangerie for brioche on the weekends...sigh.

it's a food wasteland where i am now...

BrisVegas
30th March 2006, 01:55 PM
I'm noticing a puzzling trend in Macca's posts. I'm ok with the first line or sentence usually.... but then he starts using words I've never heard of and he loses me. Is it just me? Help!

macleod
30th March 2006, 03:28 PM
ke?

i have a trend...damn and i thought i was becoming perspicuous....sigh....

brad
30th March 2006, 08:21 PM
No BV not really, it could be just a thesaurus(sp?) thing ;)

Jarro
30th March 2006, 08:23 PM
I'm noticing a puzzling trend in Macca's posts. I'm ok with the first line or sentence usually.... but then he starts using words I've never heard of and he loses me. Is it just me? Help!

maybe if we all took the same drugs he does ... that might help to understand where the hell he's coming from :-s

macleod
31st March 2006, 10:37 AM
No BV not really, it could be just a thesaurus(sp?) thing ;)
i grew up with nothing to read whilst on the toilet except encyclopedia brittanica and the Oxford dictionary and i try to keep up to date with etymology and other bits of interest.

beats magazines any day and remember, it's your language so you should sodding well use it.

try reading samuel pepys in the original 17th C english and your curiosity gets peaked. ;D

what, there's like 60,000 characters in chinese script but to know even about 30,000 of them you have to be some uber-scholar.

english is waaaay more redundant than that, if a word has a specific or perfect meaning to fit a situation then learn it and use it occasionally, not to try and look cool or brainy but becuase...again....it's your friggin' language and it isn't showboating to use a skill in front of someone.

the greatest tragedy of a man's life it what dies inside of him while he is still alive ;)

macleod
31st March 2006, 10:39 AM
If you read some of his posts backwards it say.."paul is dead".

i think some here might say...paul who? :D

actually it says:
"the drummer from def leppard's only got one arm!!!!!!!!!"

Bruce
31st March 2006, 11:14 AM
i grew up with nothing to read whilst on the toilet except encyclopedia brittanica and the Oxford dictionary and i try to keep up to date with etymology and other bits of interest.

beats magazines any day and remember, it's your language so you should sodding well use it.

try reading samuel pepys in the original 17th C english and your curiosity gets piqued. ;)

what, there's like 60,000 characters in chinese script but to know even about 30,000 of them you have to be some uber-scholar.

english is waaaay more redundant than that, if a word has a specific or perfect meaning to fit a situation then learn it and use it occasionally, not to try and look cool or brainy but becuase...again....it's your friggin' language and it isn't showboating to use a skill in front of someone.

the greatest tragedy of a man's life it what dies inside of him while he is still alive ;)

Fixed that for ya.

brad
31st March 2006, 12:09 PM
Not to mention the capitalisation, punctuation and other spelling issues. :)

But hey, everyone should be resilient about what they believe in and not be afraid to show it. Excellent point Macca! Sorry if you took my comments as a personal affront. I meant no disrespect. :)

markTHEblake
2nd April 2006, 10:21 AM
maybe if we all took the same drugs he does ... that might help to understand where the hell he's coming from :-s

He doesnt take drugs - he is a classic example of a sane psycho.