PDA

View Full Version : 2016 NZ Open Pro Am - any interest?

Dangals
14th April 2015, 02:23 PM
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if there are any members of this forum who would be interested in purchasing spots in the 2016 NZ Open Pro Am as I have just received an email asking if I or anyone I knew was interested in playing next year as they are looking to finalise the field as early as possible. If I had the coin I would absolutely be going back but I doubt I will be able to scrounge it together in time with the wife off work with our 2nd child. This will change when I win lotto tonight ;)

Details of what I had this year as follows (plus look at my thread earlier for more info):

BMW New Zealand Open 2015 Pro-Am Championship – The Pro-Am Event Each amateur will play the first two rounds alongside their Professional partner (one round at each of The Hills and Millbrook Resort) in a two-ball best-ball format.
The two-ball best-ball format means that on each hole the best net score from the two players (the amateur and the professional) will count towards the team score.
The Pro-Am is played simultaneously to the Professional Tournament so the amateurs should be mindful of this in relation to their Professional playing partners.
On the completion of the first two rounds a Pro-Am teams cut will be made with the leading 40 teams going through to the third round on the Saturday at the Hills.
All amateurs who miss the two-round teams cut will play in the Jack's Point Open Challenge, a separate one-day Pro-Am Teams event at the magnificent Jack's Point course.
After the third round at the Hills, a final Pro-Am team cut will be made, with the top 10 teams going through to the final round (at the Hills).

As an amateur player, your entry includes the following privileges.
Accommodation

Five nights' accommodation at the five-star Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa including breakfast for two from Wednesday 11th - Monday 16th March. Suite upgrades and additional nights are available at an additional cost.

VIP Treatment at The Champions Lounge, The Hills

Enjoy the corporate hospitality on each tournament day, complete with delicious food and refreshing beverages
You are invited to our players-only exclusive Tournament Briefing event on Wednesday 11th March

VIP Treatment at Millbrook Resort Players Lounge

Enjoy the Millbrook Resort Players Lounge during the two tournament days at Millbrook Resort

Invitations to Exclusive Tournament Events

Invitation to the official Tournament Party on Saturday 14th March for yourself and your partner
We will be hosting a number of partner functions during the tournament which your partner is invited to attend

Additional Benefits

Category A Car Parking - at the Hills & Millbrook, if required
Return airport transfers in Queenstown, if required
A complimentary shuttle service between The Hilton Resort & Spa and courses from Monday 9th – Sunday 15th March as well as coach transfers to other tournament events included in your itinerary

Meal Inclusions:

Breakfast for two is included in your room rate and available at Lake Wakatipu Grill, The Hilton.
Lunch, snacks and beverages will be served throughout the day at The Hills & Millbrook.
Dinner during your stay is to your account with the exception of Saturday 14th March: The BMW New Zealand Open 2015 Official Party, Coronet Peak, commencing at 7:00pm. This is an informal dinner.

If so shoot me a PM and we can go from there.

coalesce
14th April 2015, 03:40 PM
I doubt I'll be able to justify it personally, but for the benefit of anyone else, when is it, and how much is it?

Dangals
14th April 2015, 04:00 PM
Yeah dates would have been helpful I guess - Tournament will be Thursday 10th - Sunday 13th March 2016 - package includes Wednesday night accommodation and a practice round on the Wednesday.

Entry is NZ$11K plus GST and I would assume that the event will run similar to what I experienced this year which I have updated the first post with the details.

jimandr
15th April 2015, 12:11 AM
Dan

If you didn't catch the Golf Show, try to see one of the replays.

They did a fairly long feature on Queenstown and Jacks Point club. It looked pretty good on TV, but concentrated on the mountain scenery as its selling point.

Hatchman
15th April 2015, 12:25 AM
Dan

They did a fairly long feature on Queenstown and Jacks Point club. It looked pretty good on TV, but concentrated on the mountain scenery as its selling point.

Is this code for something else :D:D or is its exactly what it was?
If it's the later I'm disapoint :(

MAZA68
15th April 2015, 12:54 PM
$11K it is a lifetime experience

Dangals
15th April 2015, 01:26 PM
Dan

I think I have seen that before gives a reasonable look at the courses but I can understand them concentrating on the scenery as even when playing it is hard to take your eyes off it as it's pretty stunning.

$11K it is a lifetime experience

You are not wrong there but there are plenty of people that are happy to pay it as evidence of the full field in this years event. I just wanted to put this up here as there may have been some forum members who are able/willing to do this and it is a fantastic experience.

wazandnic
17th April 2015, 06:30 AM
Hey Dan, currently traveling in NZ. Didn't get to play at Jacks or anywhere in Queenstown as we discussed, basically as it was 0* and snowing!!! There where a few locals out playing arrowtown GC when we drove past so maybe I'm just soft though!
Agree though would be hard to concentrate on the golf with those views!!

Dangals
17th April 2015, 12:09 PM
Hey Dan, currently traveling in NZ. Didn't get to play at Jacks or anywhere in Queenstown as we discussed, basically as it was 0* and snowing!!! There where a few locals out playing arrowtown GC when we drove past so maybe I'm just soft though!
Agree though would be hard to concentrate on the golf with those views!!

Yeah I saw that they had a cold snap come through - enjoy the trip mate it is fantastic over there!