PDA

View Full Version : Question The curse of the missing cursor!!!

TheNuclearOne
12th April 2015, 05:31 PM
For ages now my cursor has been very regularly disappearing - on Ozgolf only. Wat up?

Daves
12th April 2015, 05:33 PM
Me too, though it is there in the Quick Reply box, just not the Advanced reply box.

benno_r
12th April 2015, 05:34 PM
And I thought it was just me....

Dangals
12th April 2015, 05:39 PM
Nope me too - here I thought I was going mad

Ned
12th April 2015, 05:40 PM
And I thought it was just me....

Its always just about you!! ;)

TheNuclearOne
12th April 2015, 05:46 PM
Jeeez i'm glad i posted now ahahaha. This has been going on for ages with me. It's gone as i type. Twice. No-where else does it happen.

benno_r
12th April 2015, 05:51 PM
Its always just about you!! ;)

Yep, it is. With any luck my dibs on Ozgolf will come true, then I'll kick all of you off, and start having some meaningful golf discussions...

AndyP
12th April 2015, 06:06 PM
Where have you looked? I used to leave stuff on the top shelf of the walk in robe after getting home from work.

More details please guys. What browser do you use? Have you tried with another? That sort of stuff.
I haven't noticed it on Chrome for Mac or PC.

TheNuclearOne
12th April 2015, 06:10 PM
I'm using the Fox, when it disappears i click on search in my top toolbar to get it back - for a bit. Haven't used another browser as this is the one i've settled on. Cheers for any help.

Daves
12th April 2015, 06:12 PM
Firefox here too. Seems to be there in Chrome.

Dangals
12th April 2015, 06:13 PM
I also use Firefox, seems to be fine with IE and chrome though

benno_r
12th April 2015, 06:16 PM
I am using Waterfox, not here while I am typing now.

edit: But it came back for this line.

AndyP
12th April 2015, 06:25 PM
Has it been since you last updated Firefox? If so, what version is it? I haven't updated our software for quite some time now.

Daves
12th April 2015, 06:25 PM
Has it been since you last updated Firefox? If so, what version is it? I haven't updated our software for quite some time now.

It has been like it for months.

TheNuclearOne
12th April 2015, 06:42 PM
Months for me too, FF 37.0.1.

PeteyD
12th April 2015, 06:51 PM
Firefox is poo use chrome

Ned
12th April 2015, 09:26 PM
Yep, it is. With any luck my dibs on Ozgolf will come true, then I'll kick all of you off, and start having some meaningful golf discussions...

No you just need the Pro Shop, GolfWRX classifieds and eBay you would be all set.!

benno_r
12th April 2015, 09:40 PM
No you just need the Pro Shop, GolfWRX classifieds and eBay you would be all set.!

Need to add buyee.jp.

That place is my crack!!!

PeteyD
13th April 2015, 05:28 AM
Buyee is da debil.

Charger
13th April 2015, 07:06 PM
I also lose the curser using firefox, and i lose spellcheckk as well.

virge666
13th April 2015, 07:50 PM
Me too with Firefox. Been doing so for ages. Time for an update

3oneday
14th April 2015, 07:37 PM
Whats a cursor?

AndyP
14th April 2015, 08:28 PM
Whats a cursor?
Someone who swears a lot about missing screen pointing thingies.

Me too, though it is there in the Quick Reply box, just not the Advanced reply box.
Is this the same for everyone else? If that is the case, I can do some more focussed investigating. I did see something about this with a quick google search.

TheNuclearOne
14th April 2015, 09:13 PM
Nup i lose it all the time in the quick reply box.

LarryLong
14th April 2015, 09:16 PM
Happens for me on firefox too. I install all the latest firefox updates, so I think I'm now running version 346.

Hatchman
14th April 2015, 10:21 PM
Happens for me a bit on the iPad using Chrome. I thought it was an iPad thing.
Haven't noticed it at all on the work PC or my home one using Chrome.

Charger
15th April 2015, 06:34 AM
Is this the same for everyone else? If that is the case, I can do some more focussed investigating. I did see something about this with a quick google search.

Its both for me. Clicking on (both) box gets a quick flash of a cursor then its gone. FF 37.0.1

Daves
15th April 2015, 07:06 AM
Strange? I am on Waterfox 37.01 (current) as well, and the cursor is definitely in the quick reply box all the time, but disappears when I go the the advanced box.

Daves
15th April 2015, 07:58 AM
The Cursor is also absent from the PM message/reply box.

Grunt
15th April 2015, 08:03 AM
It has been like this for around 12 months with Firefox,

TheNuclearOne
6th May 2015, 08:01 PM
Bump

AndyP
7th May 2015, 06:46 AM
I certainly haven't forgotten about it, but have only done some basic testing and investigations so far.

I noticed that clicking out of the box then back in it again made it reappear.

Charger
8th May 2015, 06:58 PM
I noticed that clicking out of the box then back in it again made it reappear.

Sweet - that fixed it for me too. Spellcheck is back as well. Thanks a lot! That a good enough fix for me.

Jazz18
21st May 2015, 04:40 PM
Being a new member, I thought it was just me but every now and then since joining (only a few days ago), it would miss key strokes. The cursor would go missing but only for a second or so then reappear and I could keep typing. I found if I typed slower, it would keep up but now I'm typing this at normal speed and it's fine. Issue seems to have resolved itself. Cheers

virge666
23rd May 2015, 10:27 AM
It has been like this for around 12 months with Firefox,

yes and on both my Mac and PC.

safari is the same...

AndyP
23rd May 2015, 10:36 AM
I tested all of the following browsers:
Firefox on Windows
Firefox on Mac
Waterfox
Chrome on iPad
Not Chrome on Windows
Not Chrome on Mac
Not IE on Windows
Not Safari on Mac

I only found issues with the Quick Reply Box inconsistently, but not the Advanced Reply on Chrome for the iPad, and the Advanced Reply for Firefox on Windows.

I have not been able to isolate the cause of the issue. Searching the internet shows that this has been an issue with Firefox for a long time, and is not isolated to vBulletin. It is inconsistent and I did not find a solution reported that definitely worked.

benno_r
23rd May 2015, 10:39 AM
Easiest solution is to click in the empty space on the tool bar, then click back in the text box when you cant find it.

TheNuclearOne
15th July 2015, 05:34 PM
Cursors.

WBennett
5th August 2015, 09:41 AM
Just got Win 8 using IE11 at work. And the site doesnt work so i have to use my phone. Cost me buying BITS driver yesterday!

BenM
5th August 2015, 07:44 PM
They moved you to win 8? Hahaha silly IT dept.

WBennett
5th August 2015, 09:22 PM
They moved you to win 8? Hahaha silly IT dept.We had only been Win 7 for three years. And now all our bespoke apps dont work. Yay.

shazza_rs
6th August 2015, 05:38 AM
We are still on XP. They are trying to get us into a new LIMS system that will only run on Win 7. Who knows how long that will take.

BenM
6th August 2015, 06:55 AM
There were still XP systems at my work when I started last year. All 7 now. I don't know why any business (let alone government) would change from 7 yet - it has plenty of years of support left. 8 was an abomination, 8.1 is better but still a poor user experience, my first impressions of 10 are that it's good but it needs some time to make sure the issues (software and privacy) are worked through.

WBennett
6th August 2015, 07:08 AM
There were still XP systems at my work when I started last year. All 7 now. I don't know why any business (let alone government) would change from 7 yet - it has plenty of years of support left.

We are 8.1 - and gone that way due to light weight mobility requirements. I just had to correct every word in that sentence. The next line won't get corrected.
Seriously, I will typisnxt linnormaly. Keystrokes don'tregister. T is jutshit andI can't b****ed correting it. Arrgghh.
Bye bye Ozgolin business hours.

Chilled
27th August 2015, 07:34 AM
This is actually starting to get really really annoying. Lack of cursor in text boxes and now not even being able to press ENTER. No cursor in boxes has been happening for months now but the lack of being able to press ENTER has only happened relatively recently. It's just ridiculous. This is on multiple OS platforms, across multiple pc's, across different browsers, so it's definitely not on my end.

AndyP
31st August 2015, 07:50 AM
This is actually starting to get really really annoying. Lack of cursor in text boxes and now not even being able to press ENTER. No cursor in boxes has been happening for months now but the lack of being able to press ENTER has only happened relatively recently. It's just ridiculous. This is on multiple OS platforms, across multiple pc's, across different browsers, so it's definitely not on my end.
The problem with this issue is that it is not consistent, and doesn't affect everyone. Nothing has changed on the forum side of things, but I would assume that versions of browsers or plugins used at the user end have. Googling and searching various forums has not found a consistent solution, and if I did find a potential solution, I can't easily test it, since I rarely experience the issue myself.

Chilled
1st September 2015, 06:35 PM
Hmmmm, ENTER seems to be working again now at least.

Grunt
1st September 2015, 08:35 PM
Happens on Windows 10 with Edge like the others comes back if you click near the top left corner.

Grunt
27th May 2016, 05:59 PM
Has anyone worked out how to to fix this with Firefox? Still happening or are we just used to it and have conceeded that it is the norm?

AndyP
27th May 2016, 06:32 PM
I haven't seen the issue for a long time, so Chrome must have got their shit together. That and a lot of browsing is via Tapacrap now.

TheNuclearOne
28th May 2016, 04:31 PM
Has anyone worked out how to to fix this with Firefox? Still happening or are we just used to it and have conceeded that it is the norm?

Been happening forever here.

Grunt
28th May 2016, 05:27 PM
Been happening forever here.

Doesn't happen on mac Firefox if that means anything.