PDA

View Full Version : Carnarvon or Camden Lakeside??.

Mixjah
11th April 2015, 06:59 PM
So ive got tuesday wednesday off this week and want to have a hit somewhere other then the normal western courses i usually play.
So rounded it down to these 2.
Which one guys? Carnarvan or Camden L.S?
Are there any members of either course on here, because im trying to avoid recently reno'd greens aswell.

FuzzyJuzzy
11th April 2015, 07:54 PM
I'm not a member at either, but I've played both - Carnarvon only once though. Obviously they're different types of courses, but generally speaking I'd rate them pretty evenly myself in terms of quality. Lakeside is probably a bit funner to play, but you can lose a fair few balls if you stray off the fairways. If you're after more parkland style, Carnarvon is definitely worth your while. For me, it's the slightly poorer cousin to Liverpool and Bankstown. Oh, Carnarvon's greens I found in better nick than Lakeside's in general. Having fun not going to work....those are the best golf days:).

mrbluu
11th April 2015, 07:57 PM
Wednesday then play cabra. The greens are mint that the moment. I dont think either lakeside or Carnarvon have comps that day.

Mixjah
11th April 2015, 08:02 PM
Wednesday then play cabra. The greens are mint that the moment. I dont think either lakeside or Carnarvon have comps that day.
Thats the plan bluu.
Never played cabra but heard good things.

Mixjah
11th April 2015, 08:07 PM
I'm not a member at either, but I've played both - Carnarvon only once though. Obviously they're different types of courses, but generally speaking I'd rate them pretty evenly myself in terms of quality. Lakeside is probably a bit funner to play, but you can lose a fair few balls if you stray off the fairways. If you're after more parkland style, Carnarvon is definitely worth your while. For me, it's the slightly poorer cousin to Liverpool and Bankstown. Oh, Carnarvon's greens I found in better nick than Lakeside's in general. Having fun not going to work....those are the best golf days:).
Thanks Fuzzy, plan on playing a fair bit while im off, get the handicap down abit more ��

JADO75
11th April 2015, 08:22 PM
Camden just did their greens, pretty sure canarvon is Thursday. Played Dunheved today & their greens aren't too bad for only being done a few weeks ago. Played Lynwood?

mrbluu
11th April 2015, 08:33 PM
Thats the plan bluu.
Never played cabra but heard good things.
PM you name and preferred times and I can book u in.

mrbluu
11th April 2015, 08:37 PM
This Wednesday is whopper Wednesday (back tee challenge), I will be a very good test.

Mixjah
11th April 2015, 09:33 PM
Camden just did their greens, pretty sure canarvon is Thursday. Played Dunheved today & their greens aren't too bad for only being done a few weeks ago. Played Lynwood?
I have, but im not a massive fan of Lynwood.
Played Glenmore off the plates today that was a big challenge :mrgreen:

Mixjah
11th April 2015, 09:34 PM
PM you name and preferred times and I can book u in.
Can i let you know tomorrow bluu i may have a mate playing aswell.

mrbluu
11th April 2015, 09:55 PM
Can i let you know tomorrow bluu i may have a mate playing aswell.

In that case just ring the ProShop mate. I'll be on a plane ;-)

Mixjah
12th April 2015, 07:52 AM
Yep sure, thanks anyway.

Mixjah
12th April 2015, 06:47 PM
Has anyone played Stonecutters lately? Have they done there greens yet?