PDA

View Full Version : Full swing feels

Pages : [1] 2 3

adamsgolfer
10th April 2015, 02:15 PM
Will a proper full turn swing feel more like a punch shot to those of us who are overswingers (arm overun)?

Dangals
10th April 2015, 02:33 PM
Will a proper full turn swing feel more like a punch shot to those of us who are overswingers (arm overun)?

to me it felt more like a 75-80% swing rather than a punch - but the feeling each person will have is likely to be different

Peppas
10th April 2015, 02:34 PM
to me it felt more like a 75-80% swing rather than a punch - but the feeling each person will have is likely to be different

x2

adamsgolfer
10th April 2015, 02:49 PM
Yeah I'm trying to find the right feel...

Does the 80% swing get you same or more distance as your full blown overswing? I think that subconsciously I have a hard time believing that a shorter swing will give me the distance.

mrbluu
10th April 2015, 02:50 PM
Swings with new clubs always feel better, especially if you paid full price on OG!!+

Dangals
10th April 2015, 02:56 PM
Yeah I'm trying to find the right feel...

Does the 80% swing get you same or more distance as your full blown overswing? I think that subconsciously I have a hard time believing that a shorter swing will give me the distance.

I found that with the shorter swing my contact was better and therefore distance was either the same or better as a result

markTHEblake
10th April 2015, 08:33 PM
I have found that when anyone says they made a deliberately 'short' swing that ti looked little difference to their full one. the old classic "3/4 swing" is more like 95%, which is why most choppers would be better off swinging that way all the time. but ego doesnt let us

razaar
11th April 2015, 06:52 AM
If the arm backswing is too long it means that the arms are outpacing the torso early. The backswing sequence should be the trail knee comes to a stop in the takeaway. Followed by the right hip, then the ribcage which brings the left shoulder to a sudden stop followed by the right shoulder which retracts against the rib cage. The hands are next followed by the clubhead which extends the right wrist back on the forearm.
The length of the backswing is controlled by how much the right thigh muscle allows the right hip to twist on the backswing. The hip twist controls the ribcage coil and shoulder turn.
The arm swing is controlled by the forearms and the right elbow. The forearms control the rotation of the clubface and the right elbow unites both arms to act as a single unit. The right elbow also acts as a govener for the arms by staying close to the left elbow and pointing towards the ground during the upswing.

gotitat last
10th May 2015, 06:48 AM
just recently,i have discovered a way to set up that allows me to use my whole left shoulder to totally control my plane,and basically take the complication out of the swing.you could describe it as being a "hybrid" reverse pivot effect,but we do it instinctively in mainly backhand tennis shots with the left arm.what i have found is that the upper part of spine actually is tilted fractionally to the left,but the rest of the spine is straight.if you then,hold that same slight tilt in a golf setup,the head will be in the middle of stance,but the shoulders will be the only thing that makes us appear to be sloping to the right.then,you just push the left shoulder down around your upper horizontal spine,just imagining a quarter circle to the right.sounds crazy i know-but it works.

3oneday
10th May 2015, 07:30 AM
Cool

Yossarian
10th May 2015, 11:22 AM

virge666
10th May 2015, 12:12 PM
Why not start at the follow through and work you way backwards . . .

if you r follow through is balanced and feels good - swing it back to the top of your backswing...

There is also some great drills from Martin Ayers to get a feel for the top of the backswing.

JADO75
10th May 2015, 01:23 PM
just recently,i have discovered a way to set up that allows me to use my whole left shoulder to totally control my plane,and basically take the complication out of the swing.you could describe it as being a "hybrid" reverse pivot effect,but we do it instinctively in mainly backhand tennis shots with the left arm.what i have found is that the upper part of spine actually is tilted fractionally to the left,but the rest of the spine is straight.if you then,hold that same slight tilt in a golf setup,the head will be in the middle of stance,but the shoulders will be the only thing that makes us appear to be sloping to the right.then,you just push the left shoulder down around your upper horizontal spine,just imagining a quarter circle to the right.sounds crazy i know-but it works.

You love your tennis mate, most important question is Venus or Serena?

gotitat last
10th May 2015, 05:19 PM
jado- i don't really like huge muscular black women with massive ugly behinds and quads even though they really should be playing with the men.then again,they could probably scare them too.that"s why women's tennis is a bit one sided.could you imagine these 2 female gorillas playing golf.
i don"t call what they got as talent,but just unfair advantage .

backintheswing
10th May 2015, 06:29 PM

Can you put up a video of your swing, so I can see what you are trying to explain.

talbo
11th May 2015, 08:53 AM
This video makes a lot of sense, talks about arm overun approx 3 minutes in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgwNEpvQQqE

Hatchman
11th May 2015, 05:29 PM
This video makes a lot of sense, talks about arm overun approx 3 minutes in

Found this one quite interesting.
After watching the vid and thinking about the battles I'm having with the swing atm, especially the driver separation of the arms is most likely right on the money.

gotitat last
11th May 2015, 06:53 PM
backintheswing-i may have already given too much away,as i am actually trying to get sponsorship for a series of you tube clips.once i get it all sorted ,i will inform ozgolf members. my apologies for the anticipated delay,but the wait makes it all worthwhile-if someone came up with what i have discovered just recently during my long and arduous endeavors in golf,i probably would be on the pro circuit,but now it is too late as i am in my senior years.

razaar
11th May 2015, 07:11 PM
Can you put up a video of your swing, so I can see what you are trying to explain.What he is referring to is left lateral bend of the upper spine during a full backswing, but the spine has to be in lordosis. If I you do a search on spine engine in the golf swing you will get the drift. It is really basic stuff.

JADO75
11th May 2015, 07:16 PM
backintheswing-i may have already given too much away,as i am actually trying to get sponsorship for a series of you tube clips.once i get it all sorted ,i will inform ozgolf members. my apologies for the anticipated delay,but the wait makes it all worthwhile-if someone came up with what i have discovered just recently during my long and arduous endeavors in golf,i probably would be on the pro circuit,but now it is too late as i am in my senior years.

How old is senior?

Hard_Pan
11th May 2015, 09:06 PM
Thanks for that video Talbo! I'm going to try that at the range this week.

My problem is lateral hip slide and no release, (especially with driver), causing pushes to the right. Everything I try to do either doesn't help (i.e. still go right), or causes duck hooks - and lately, the unmentionable s word! :smt087

Hatchman
11th May 2015, 10:15 PM
Thanks for that video Talbo! I'm going to try that at the range this week.

My problem is lateral hip slide and no release, (especially with driver), causing pushes to the right. Everything I try to do either doesn't help (i.e. still go right), or causes duck hooks - and lately, the unmentionable s word! :smt087

Shanks are funny :lol:

We have a thread for it and all http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/29824-Shanks-by-OZgolfers

(http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/29824-Shanks-by-OZgolfers)You must check in if you've had one.

gotitat last
12th May 2015, 08:43 AM
How old is senior?

senior for me is 60.that"s why i suggest two types of golf swing to cater for all levels of age and physical shortcomings.i personally find the method that i haven"t actually mentioned as being more comfortable for me to use at this stage,but the strange part is that distance and accuracy are not affected.the only problem is that purists of the bag scoff at this idea even though after 18 holes using it,i am ready for another 18 as the swing is effortless and easy on the body.

Micdeez
12th May 2015, 07:27 PM
For a chopper like me, I have been practising 3/4 swings to ensure that I am squaring the face and basically getting the best smash factor on swings.
My coach had covered this during my last lesson, suggesting to keep my left foot planted and "quiet" which should eliminate any over swings.

At this stage, I have only been practising on an umbrella I found in the hotel room so this is all I can do right now whilst I'm in Darwin =P~

Oh yeah, and I have been reading Ben Hogan's 5 Lessons. Seems like a great read so far! $5.99 at the App Store.

gotitat last
13th May 2015, 06:34 AM
Micdeez-i have found out literally by accident that squaring the face has nothing to do with swinging,chopping,left foot planting or 3/4 swinging.all of these problems and so called antidotes can be eliminated automatically if you understand what the "true" grip should be,and i am not talking the usual mumbo jumbo that"s on offer out there in golf, quick fixit land.basically,if you "understand" the concept that the left hand grip is a fixed unit with the wrists and forearm muscles(not biceps and triceps), it"s almost impossible to chop.another advantage is you can have a grip pressure anywhere between 1 to 10,and it still works,but i wouldn"t recommend 10 unless you are in long grass,as 18 holes would be uncomfortable.

JADO75
13th May 2015, 07:30 AM
What's your hcp please gotitat last? And yes it does matter

gotitat last
13th May 2015, 08:58 AM
What's your hcp please gotitat last? And yes it does matter
currently,i am not a member of any golf club,as i gave up many years ago in disgust with my game(i was a 15 handicap).since then i have basically been going thru all the available so called "quick fixes" out there,and have been very frustrated trying to work out what makes hitting a stationary ball will a very special piece of tailor made equipment,seem so difficult.that"s why i keep referring to tennis-the same principal in swing applies.even baseball is similar.compare it to hockey or even better still ice hockey.those players must laugh at us golf hackers being so inept,looking for the holy grail.i could just imagine an ice hockey player,at full speed,and about to be clobbered by an opposing player, thinking to himself ,all the gibberish that is in golf ,just before he slams the puck with pinpoint accuracy at a certain height to clear the goal keeper.

3Puttpete
13th May 2015, 10:28 AM
currently,i am not a member of any golf club,as i gave up many years ago in disgust with my game(i was a 15 handicap).since then i have basically been going thru all the available so called "quick fixes" out there,and have been very frustrated trying to work out what makes hitting a stationary ball will a very special piece of tailor made equipment,seem so difficult.that"s why i keep referring to tennis-the same principal in swing applies.even baseball is similar.compare it to hockey or even better still ice hockey.those players must laugh at us golf hackers being so inept,looking for the holy grail.i could just imagine an ice hockey player,at full speed,and about to be clobbered by an opposing player, thinking to himself ,all the gibberish that is in golf ,just before he slams the puck with pinpoint accuracy at a certain height to clear the goal keeper.

Their "club face" is a foot wide and the best of them hit the target about 1 in 4

gotitat last
13th May 2015, 11:21 AM
Their "club face" is a foot wide and the best of them hit the target about 1 in 4
then try hitting a golf ball with a hockey stick,and see if your game improves.
these days the heads of drivers are big enough to play hockey with anyway.

3Puttpete
13th May 2015, 11:24 AM
then try hitting a golf ball with a hockey stick,and see if your game improves.
these days the heads of drivers are big enough to play hockey with anyway.

This makes no sense whatsoever.

JADO75
13th May 2015, 11:31 AM
You're probably a great bloke gotit but you're a chopper at best & you're talking up how to play golf better, sound more like a traveling salesman promoting your wannabe you tube videos.

gotitat last
13th May 2015, 11:52 AM
This makes no sense whatsoever.
exactly,and that is my point.it is on par with a lot of golf instruction that just confuses what should be a very simple game.my major issue,being thick set,was not being able to turn my shoulders without my hips locking up,causing me to have a horrible flat swing.it became worse when i actually tried to push the shoulder down.what i have discovered is that now my shoulder goes down just like the pros,and it is all to do with the dual action of the hands on the club.that"s why i can"t play tennis well,as i need both hands to get my shoulder down.but it only works if you understand why it works.
it"s almost critical to get the hands in the correct position plus left hand wrist set angle,and the actual correct use of the right,but very easy once mastered.
it stops you over swinging,the shoulder is "pulled" down,rather than "pushed",and all textbook angles of clubface are maintained at all swing stages.
that"s why understanding why it works is better than just how it works,as you can then make the necessary micro adjustments to match your own physical characteristics.

3Puttpete
13th May 2015, 12:08 PM
Tl:dr

hacker
13th May 2015, 12:46 PM
http://www.longstreth.com/images/field-hockey-basics/Hit.jpg

This is a the position that is supposed to be good to hit a golf ball?

gotitat last
13th May 2015, 04:03 PM
http://www.longstreth.com/images/field-hockey-basics/Hit.jpg

This is a the position that is supposed to be good to hit a golf ball?
yes it is if you actually realize the only difference is they "get"down to the puck a lot more.if the player came up a bit ,you would have a perfect golf swing.what i can't understand is that the golf game is so simple and yet there are still so many deniers thinking it is complicated,basically because of their own short comings.i am not trying to upstage anyone's ego here,but i have discovered the "pro" swing,and all it actually relies upon is the grip,especially the right thumb tip which anchors it.look,i can swing so hard using this method,that my arm muscles ache after a shot,from the force created.
the ball's in your court now-only trying to help,but i guess ego resistance is too strong.

3Puttpete
13th May 2015, 04:10 PM
That's a ball not a puck

mrbluu
13th May 2015, 04:11 PM
That's a ball not a puck
Is there a difference???

gotitat last
13th May 2015, 04:17 PM
That's a ball not a puck
sounds like you are in denial mode as you don't want to lose a point,no matter how trivial it actually is.

Dotty
13th May 2015, 04:37 PM
Is there a difference???
Puck ball difference.

3Puttpete
13th May 2015, 04:48 PM
sounds like you are in denial mode as you don't want to lose a point,no matter how trivial it actually is.

Must be. Ok. Field hockey and ice hockey are exactly the same swing. I'm convinced. Good job

3Puttpete
13th May 2015, 04:49 PM
Puck ball difference.

Special [emoji122]

JADO75
13th May 2015, 04:59 PM
Hope no one was offended by my chopper remark regarding 15 hcp's, I'm by no means a golf snob & I apologise if anyone was upset.

hacker
13th May 2015, 05:07 PM
...all it actually relies upon is the grip,especially the right thumb tip which anchors it.

Could you post a pic of this grip?

JADO75
13th May 2015, 05:21 PM
Just like Dr Phil who used to council couples on marriage & parenting yet had a junkie son & was going through a divorce we gave a bloke that can't play golf to an above average level spruiking the holy grail of golf remedies, only on the internet haha

gotitat last
13th May 2015, 05:45 PM
Just like Dr Phil who used to council couples on marriage & parenting yet had a junkie son & was going through a divorce we gave a bloke that can't play golf to an above average level spruiking the holy grail of golf remedies, only on the internet haha
as i eluded to you before -ego is a dirty word.that's why you will never learn,which is a sad reflection,but reality of why golf is where it is at today.sounds like dr phil may have had some real life experiences to draw from.that in itself gave him an advantage,unlike yourself,who seems to have never taken advantage of your own obvious failures and tried to actually progress.

mrbluu
13th May 2015, 05:56 PM
Popcorn please....

3oneday
13th May 2015, 05:57 PM
I'd like you to buy a decent f'n keyboard. Hate to see your youtube site if you can't structure a response that isn't hard work.

Anyway, enough 15 markers giving advice around these here parts, what harm can another do :)

benno_r
13th May 2015, 06:02 PM
Popcorn please....
Tough crowd ey?

gotitat last
13th May 2015, 06:10 PM
Could you post a pic of this grip?
you miss the point-it's more a question of "why" than "how".i could post you a picture,and because everyone's hands are different,trying to copy specifics is useless.also,you must know what to do with the hands and more importantly the fingers.basically,you could call it a total hand swing which puts the shoulders on the correct direction without thinking of shoulder movement.you see, most pro golfers are flat chested,that"s why they can turn their shoulders without this aid.
all i am trying to do ,is to give hope to the multitudes of hacker golfers out there that have a normal chest.

gotitat last
13th May 2015, 06:15 PM
Tough crowd ey?
not really,a typical response .but then again,why should i care,i have gotitat last.

JADO75
13th May 2015, 06:16 PM
Popcorn please....

Tied up with my boys at the moment but I'll get to this clown soon

Steve57
13th May 2015, 06:20 PM
Sounds like I Golf is back!

3Puttpete
13th May 2015, 06:25 PM
I'm all for questioning conventional wisdom but at some point you have to ask if one bloke has fixed a problem the whole world's had for 500 years. Without any evidence I'm inclined to say no.

As for ego, expecting people to fall about in praise simply because you say you've cracked the code without proving it and getting annoyed when your claim is questioned...

And I still don't get the ice hockey example.

aussieashley
13th May 2015, 06:25 PM
i have discovered the "pro" swing,and all it actually relies upon is the grip,especially the right thumb tip which anchors it.

Just so I'm clear on this. A simple grip change and I'll be hitting shots like the pro's? Sounds highly unlikely.

3Puttpete
13th May 2015, 06:27 PM
Popcorn please....

Your popcorn will be average. I've discovered a new way to make it that's so simple anyone can do it once they know how. It's all about how you hold the packet.

Steve57
13th May 2015, 06:28 PM
Your popcorn will be average. I've discovered a new way to make it that's so simple anyone can do it once they know how. It's all about how you hold the packet.
I thought it was how you hold your tongue whilst the popcorn was in the Microwave!

3Puttpete
13th May 2015, 06:29 PM
I thought it was how you hold your tongue whilst the popcorn was in the Microwave!

See, you've been doing it wrong

Steve57
13th May 2015, 06:29 PM
See, you've been doing it wrong
Silly me!

Micdeez
13th May 2015, 06:31 PM
I prefer a glass bowl with my popcorn.

http://replygif.net/i/123.gif

gotitat last
13th May 2015, 06:32 PM
i'll try to answer that before he man jado flexes his lack of chest muscles. ok-let's get back to your problem-adamsgolfer,all i can say is that with my method,you will solve your overrun problems anyway and it's just so easy.it requires no practice.i know i get a lot of ridicule from big noters,and i will not give specific details of the method as it requires a video presentation to properly explain,but rest assured it is true.at least you can rest easy knowing full well that a solution to your problem is just around the corner.ps-i could join a golf club and play a lot less than 15,but i hate showing off.

3Puttpete
13th May 2015, 06:33 PM
I knew this rang a bell. Stupid autocorrect took me to the wrong tube.

http://youtu.be/y3GzjeqwCds

mrbluu
13th May 2015, 06:33 PM
You've are known for holding your package....

backintheswing
13th May 2015, 06:35 PM
Gotitat last, does your keyboard have a shift key?

3Puttpete
13th May 2015, 06:40 PM
You've are known for holding your package....

And how!

mrbluu
13th May 2015, 06:41 PM
And how!
Same way u do pop corn???

Yossarian
13th May 2015, 06:45 PM
i'll try to answer that before he man jado flexes his lack of chest muscles. ok-let's get back to your problem-adamsgolfer,all i can say is that with my method,you will solve your overrun problems anyway and it's just so easy.it requires no practice.i know i get a lot of ridicule from big noters,and i will not give specific details of the method as it requires a video presentation to properly explain,but rest assured it is true.at least you can rest easy knowing full well that a solution to your problem is just around the corner.ps-i could join a golf club and play a lot less than 15,but i hate showing off.

Hithisisquiteanannoyingwayoftypingthatyouhave.arey oufromthepast?learningdifficulty?eitherwayyourmess ageisbetterconveyedwiththeuseofsentences,paragraph s,grammarandthelike.hugsandkissesyossman.

gotitat last
13th May 2015, 06:48 PM
I'm all for questioning conventional wisdom but at some point you have to ask if one bloke has fixed a problem the whole world's had for 500 years. Without any evidence I'm inclined to say no.

As for ego, expecting people to fall about in praise simply because you say you've cracked the code without proving it and getting annoyed when your claim is questioned...

And I still don't get the ice hockey example.
it depends on what you think you want the answer to be when the code is cracked.golfers are after a vast array of solutions for various issues.as i already said,my issue was with my left shoulder -i have solved that and now everything has fallen into place.i am not after any praise,but just here to help.as i already said,i am trying to get onto youtube-some may say i am basically just advertising.i could not care less,as money making from this venture is a pipedream anyway.
with the ice hockey,what i am saying is that the odds are really stacked in the golfers favor to actually hit a good shot and so the obvious reply-it really is a simple,overrated game.
then again,the more "they"can keep the majority in total confusion,the money marketing wheel rotates faster.

gotitat last
13th May 2015, 06:53 PM
Hithisisquiteanannoyingwayoftypingthatyouhave.arey oufromthepast?learningdifficulty?eitherwayyourmess ageisbetterconveyedwiththeuseofsentences,paragraph s,grammarandthelike.hugsandkissesyossman.
from your photo it explains why you can't appreciate "our' queen"s english.

Hatchman
13th May 2015, 06:57 PM
This pic springs to mind.

3Puttpete
13th May 2015, 07:04 PM
it depends on what you think you want the answer to be when the code is cracked.golfers are after a vast array of solutions for various issues.as i already said,my issue was with my left shoulder -i have solved that and now everything has fallen into place.i am not after any praise,but just here to help.as i already said,i am trying to get onto youtube-some may say i am basically just advertising.i could not care less,as money making from this venture is a pipedream anyway.
with the ice hockey,what i am saying is that the odds are really stacked in the golfers favor to actually hit a good shot and so the obvious reply-it really is a simple,overrated game.
then again,the more "they"can keep the majority in total confusion,the money marketing wheel rotates faster.

You can post to YouTube for free

gotitat last
13th May 2015, 07:15 PM
I knew this rang a bell. Stupid autocorrect took me to the wrong tube.

http://youtu.be/y3GzjeqwCds
look,that method is totally ridiculous anyway and achieves nothing,but more to the point,you all actually seem to miss the point.the reason my method works is because it makes the left shoulder go down without trying.it"s probably what pro golfers do without them even realizing.
crickey-why do i have to always be the martyr.
do you want to learn or just live in blissfull ignorance,a bit like Yossarian and his native tongue-pigeon english

gotitat last
13th May 2015, 07:21 PM
You can post to YouTube for free
that's true,but i have to cover my production costs,as i am eventually going to run a series covering all aspects of the game.this will take time,because it is quite obvious to you now,that my research is painstakingly exhaustive,and hence ,time consuming.
anyway,it"s worth waiting for after 500 years.

gotitat last
13th May 2015, 07:35 PM
Just so I'm clear on this. A simple grip change and I'll be hitting shots like the pro's? Sounds highly unlikely.
you miss the point-this so called change could cost you a heap of business ,if you are giving lessons.
as far as hitting the ball like tiger,i agree-you have no chance no matter what you do.

Yossarian
13th May 2015, 07:36 PM
look,that method is totally ridiculous anyway and achieves nothing,but more to the point,you all actually seem to miss the point.the reason my method works is because it makes the left shoulder go down without trying.it"s probably what pro golfers do without them even realizing.
crickey-why do i have to always be the martyr.
do you want to learn or just live in blissfull ignorance,a bit like Yossarian and his native tongue-pigeon english

I'm the Martyr.

gotitat last
13th May 2015, 07:49 PM
I'm the Martyr.
i feel for you old mate,it explains your aggressive portrait pose .never mind,unlike myself,you can by all accounts,actually play tennis.i am not so blessed,so i have to settle for golf and just watch the women"s tennis with the sound turned down.

Yossarian
13th May 2015, 08:08 PM
i feel for you old mate,it explains your aggressive portrait pose .never mind,unlike myself,you can by all accounts,actually play tennis.i am not so blessed,so i have to settle for golf and just watch the women"s tennis with the sound turned down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwLCDMGVTDQ

TheNuclearOne
13th May 2015, 08:29 PM
http://s22.postimg.org/4lph9d641/large_link_bait.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

gotitat last
14th May 2015, 06:01 PM
my apologies adamsgolfer,i didn't realize you were a touring pro until just now.then again,i will have a stab at this anyway-Tiger Woods stuffed his whole swing and has had numerous physical problems because he looked for a "quick fix" to his game after his mind numbing adultery fiasco.
the golf swing is a natural movement,not a concocted bunch of parts.just remember this-bobby jones didn't practice like a robot worrying about trivia.

Hard_Pan
14th May 2015, 08:21 PM
With all due respect to adamsgolfer, I think he's as much a 'touring pro' as you are a 'junior' member...

If you have a closer look at the members here, there are a lot of 'pros' but only based on the number of posts they've made.. :wink:

gotitat last
15th May 2015, 08:45 AM
With all due respect to adamsgolfer, I think he's as much a 'touring pro' as you are a 'junior' member...

If you have a closer look at the members here, there are a lot of 'pros' but only based on the number of posts they've made.. :wink:
oops-sorry about that adamsgolfer,but the part about Tiger is at least spot on.

razaar
15th May 2015, 11:30 AM
Spot on the absurd, why would the best player of all time opt for quick fixes? His game started to decline when he started listening to his mate O'Meara. World no 1's appear to have this urge to change for the better and everything goes to crap.

mrbluu
15th May 2015, 01:14 PM
oops-sorry about that adamsgolfer,but the part about Tiger is at least spot on.
Gotitat Last, did start coaching a few years ago???

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/8241-My-finest-hour...I-finally-conquered-this-game?

gotitat last
15th May 2015, 02:26 PM
Spot on the absurd, why would the best player of all time opt for quick fixes? His game started to decline when he started listening to his mate O'Meara. World no 1's appear to have this urge to change for the better and everything goes to crap.
have you ever been accused of being an adulterer?he was a disgrace to the memory of his father who had recently passed away and had made him what he is.
the guy then becomes vulnerable,as his game goes to pieces because his adoring legion of followers think he is a no good two timer. look,i should know,i"ve been in the same situation,but i didn't have the added burden of a legion of disappointed fans and a caddy that was so so up himself with morals.
that's why pro golf "sucks"at the moment.sure you have that Spiese charecter,but i would rather watch a robot playing .
the game lacks crowd pleasers now that are still a feasible chance of being competitive,as most lack emotion.
have a look at when adam scott is interviewed-no emotion and he sounds like he has a cork firmly wedged in you know where.at least ,i suppose jason day comes across as a real good bloke.

gotitat last
15th May 2015, 02:33 PM
Gotitat Last, did start coaching a few years ago???

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/8241-My-finest-hour...I-finally-conquered-this-game?
mr bluu-why are you masquerading in the name tag photo.now i realize why you call yourself MR bluu-maybe if you lost 20 kgs,you could swing past your gut.
then again,my "coaching"will fix that problem as even the most desperate of hackers can benefit and an added bonus-you can still keep your gut in tact.

Ron Burgundy
15th May 2015, 03:15 PM
Gotitat Last, did start coaching a few years ago???http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/8241-My-finest-hour...I-finally-conquered-this-game? Cheers Bluu! I wasn't sure if this thread could get any more entertaining. Mining Scarfie's thread has done it though. Excellent bit of chat by 'Webster'.

Hatchman
15th May 2015, 03:16 PM
have you ever been accused of being an adulterer?he was a disgrace to the memory of his father who had recently passed away and had made him what he is.
the guy then becomes vulnerable,as his game goes to pieces because his adoring legion of followers think he is a no good two timer. look,i should know,i"ve been in the same situation,but i didn't have the added burden of a legion of disappointed fans and a caddy that was so so up himself with morals.
that's why pro golf "sucks"at the moment.sure you have that Spiese charecter,but i would rather watch a robot playing .
the game lacks crowd pleasers now that are still a feasible chance of being competitive,as most lack emotion.
have a look at when adam scott is interviewed-no emotion and he sounds like he has a cork firmly wedged in you know where.at least ,i suppose jason day comes across as a real good bloke.

Disgrace to his father?
Just followed in his foot steps if there's any half truth in the doco that aired on SBS after it all came out.

mrbluu
15th May 2015, 03:29 PM
mr bluu-why are you masquerading in the name tag photo.now i realize why you call yourself MR bluu-maybe if you lost 20 kgs,you could swing past your gut.
then again,my "coaching"will fix that problem as even the most desperate of hackers can benefit and an added bonus-you can still keep your gut in tact.

Its 25kg u idjit!!!

Is there any discount codes for your YouTube videos yet?

Peppas
15th May 2015, 03:45 PM
Its 25kg u idjit!!!

Be honest with yourself buddy... Are you sure its not more?

Don't worry, I'm sure you won't lose any definition in your calves if you lose a little weight either ;)

gotitat last
15th May 2015, 04:10 PM
Its 25kg u idjit!!!

look mr bluu-you sound like a hacker just like i was.i am not joking when i said i will try and get this on video. when i stated that the grip and the right finger tip was crucial,that was only 5% of the equation.that is why most golfers here just dismissed my so called 'miracle".
i will give you a piece of advice that will make you cringe-the grip is very much in the palms,rather than the fingers,and the two palms must be perfectly in alignment with each other and the preferable grip pressure-firm.
you will first feel with this method,that your setup feels weird.that is perfectly natural as you are going against ingrained bad habits.
once you are in this ideal set up position,you do not just swing your arms as this is catastrophic. you do not use the right thumb as i eluded to previously as the instigator of the swing.you do not turn your left shoulder to start this motion.
so what's left you ask-me producing a whole series of videos that take all the nonsense out of this simple game,unless of coarse you want to aspire to Tiger"s level of greatness.

mrbluu
15th May 2015, 04:15 PM
look mr bluu-you sound like a hacker just like i was.i am not joking when i said i will try and get this on video. when i stated that the grip and the right finger tip was crucial,that was only 5% of the equation.that is why most golfers here just dismissed my so called 'miracle".
i will give you a piece of advice that will make you cringe-the grip is very much in the palms,rather than the fingers,and the two palms must be perfectly in alignment with each other and the preferable grip pressure-firm.
you will first feel with this method,that your setup feels weird.that is perfectly natural as you are going against ingrained bad habits.
once you are in this ideal set up position,you do not just swing your arms as this is catastrophic. you do not use the right thumb as i eluded to previously as the instigator of the swing.you do not turn your left shoulder to start this motion.
so what's left you ask-me producing a whole series of videos that take all the nonsense out of this simple game,unless of coarse you want to aspire to Tiger"s level of greatness.

You are right I'm just a complete hacker...:-(

If your grip was aa far in yiurne palms as u say, shouldn't that leave plenty of room for your fingers to get to the shift button???

timah!
15th May 2015, 04:19 PM
I know whenever I grip my shaft it's always in the palms...

3Puttpete
15th May 2015, 04:20 PM
I know whenever I grip my shaft it's always in the palms...

*palm

timah!
15th May 2015, 04:21 PM
*palm

I am firm in my comment.

mrbluu
15th May 2015, 04:28 PM
*palm

I am firm in my comment.

Bwhahahaha

3Puttpete
15th May 2015, 04:32 PM
[emoji2]

mrbluu
15th May 2015, 04:32 PM
Be honest with yourself buddy... Are you sure its not more?

Don't worry, I'm sure you won't lose any definition in your calves if you lose a little weight either ;)

Sure, but titty still has me covered!!!

Hard_Pan
15th May 2015, 04:49 PM
This has now offically become the 'full schwing (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=schwing&defid=536847) feels' thread! :lol:

timah!
15th May 2015, 04:53 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/15/a05ff0d4713c49a9f178a54609b34285.jpg

Right in the feels...

mrbluu
15th May 2015, 05:45 PM
This has now offically become the 'full schwing (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=schwing&defid=536847) feels' thread! [emoji38]
Is that why no one has talked about getting it in the slot....

gotitat last
15th May 2015, 06:36 PM
You are right I'm just a complete hacker...:-(

If your grip was aa far in yiurne palms as u say, shouldn't that leave plenty of room for your fingers to get to the shift button???
jokes aside,this actually works.i am not trying to promote future videos or dent your ego,but just trying to let other golfers know that you can get a grooved swing without any practice or effort. as far as the rest of the game goes,i am working on this as we speak.the only way i can get this across properly is via a video,hence i suppose the reason most of you are sceptical. don't worry,you shouldn"t consider yourself below par in brain power for reacting this way and it's totally understandable,as if i was in your position there may have been a slight chance i would have reacted the same way.

wazandnic
15th May 2015, 06:50 PM
ok ill play along. when you say actually works,what is your basis? you played off 15 and now are hitting it dead straight, shooting par with ease, having 18 putts per round, what?

mrbluu
15th May 2015, 07:09 PM
ok ill play along. when you say actually works,what is your basis? you played off 15 and now are hitting it dead straight, shooting par with ease, having 18 putts per round, what?
Yes with this technique u dont need to practice as the scores and results are irrelevant.

wazandnic
15th May 2015, 07:38 PM
mmmok. do i need to sign up to get it?
btw im switching to the same nonpunctuating noncapital typing method. makes life much easier. with this and mastering golf i am set to cruise through the rest of my life 8)

Dotty
15th May 2015, 08:32 PM
mmmok. do i need to sign up to get it?
btw im switching to the same nonpunctuating noncapital typing method. makes life much easier. with this and mastering golf i am set to cruise through the rest of my life 8)
shhhhh. im going to take this idea to shark tank nextweek tomake a fortune and stick to you nockers when im millionaire

Ron Burgundy
15th May 2015, 09:39 PM
don't let the naysayers get to you gotitatlast. i get where you're coming from.ive developed a devastatingly simple formula for cold fusion but those philistines on the nobel committee won't believe me unless I prove it.theyre getting nothing out of me until my corporate backers and production team are in place for my ted talk

3oneday
16th May 2015, 04:44 AM
This sold yet?

gotitat last
16th May 2015, 04:34 PM
ok,at last someone who is actually smart enough to acknowledge that there could be credit to all this.even dotty could turn into a poodle from a dalmation,if he actually could learn to read script ,without the aid of capitals,etc.it actually makes life easier this way and that's the whole point,including why i give you golf tips.(never mind dotty-basically you are saying your kids are as smart as you are with naplan -(that's a real worry for all of us)
ok,enough of petty insults,let's get to your question.
this is a bit involved,but is about the most exciting revelation i have discovered so far,and it happened today.if you have been following my posts,you would know that i am a tennis tragic,because i thought i couldn't turn my left shoulder freely on backhand,without the aid of my right hand,which obviously makes tennis a no goer for me.
but alas,today i not only discovered why this was so,but i now can hit one handed backhanders just incredibly well.i then transferred this same principal to my golfswing,and more specifically,my grip,and was astounded with the results.
so how does it work you ask?-a huge problem for most average golfers is the dreaded slice.this is just a hunch,but a very strong one.without the correct left hand grip,the shoulder joint becomes disengaged and can go forward by a big amount,independently of the "whole 'true shoulder,basically making your left arm
longer as you swing,the consequences of which are fairly obvious.
ok,so how did i fix not only this,but also gain that incredible feeling of "whip' during the downswing.
it"s difficult to explain in technical terms for a person who is not a Naplan graduate,but i will try my best anyway.here goes-

1/the left hand is the only hand that is of any importance,the right hand is just a feather grip at setup,and only is activated in auto guise to get whip or as most of you heathens call it-release.
2/the clubshaft for average players,depending on thickness of grip and variance of hand charecteristics,should be placed running across the palm diagonally when setting up.
3/this will vary with every golfer-but there is one rule of thumb so to speak that makes it universal-the left thumb heel pad must be in snug contact with the shaft,which requires the thumb tip to be allowed to extend down the shaft, but under no circumstance ,do not try and just extend the left thumb.it's the heel pad coming in contact with the shaft that makes the thumb go down the shaft if you allow it free movement.
4/after this.it is then impossible for you to disengage the left shoulder joint,but just remember that it should be a snug grip only and not tight,and try to have a loose feeling in your left shoulder at address.

i hope this helps,as at the moment i am only researching at infancy level,so as far as hitting straight,intentional hooking or slicing and everything else,it will take time,but at least today i think i have found the true cause of my woes as tennis,golf,baseball,hockey,you name it ,if you can play one,then you should be able to play the others just as well.

BenM
16th May 2015, 04:57 PM
You were 'astounded with the results' does not answer the question wazandnic put to you.

I'll rephrase it even simpler, just what exactly are the 'astounding results' - you say you are (or were?) a 15 marker, how has your special revelation affected your game, what has been the outcomes?

wazandnic
16th May 2015, 05:14 PM
yep, i don't actually need to know how to do it or what to do to have the holly grail. i just want to know what makes you think you have got it?? thoughts in your head on how easy it is does not a successful golfer make

gotitat last
16th May 2015, 05:22 PM
You were 'astounded with the results' does not answer the question wazandnic put to you.

I'll rephrase it even simpler, just what exactly are the 'astounding results' - you say you are (or were?) a 15 marker, how has your special revelation affected your game, what has been the outcomes?
you seem very shallow and abrupt .i have given you the most realistic"antidote' to most people"s swinging woes and without trying it for yourself,you mock it.
as a moderator,surely you can understand that "results" are totally specific to an individual's quest to get better at the game.
that's why i am excited about this,my swing is now "fixed".i was a 15 handicapper as you say,but that was only because of one problem-free left shoulder turn without disengagement of the "joint".i have fixed the problem only just today,so i can't become a TIGER WOODS overnite.
the revelations as you query,have just occurred,and i have stated the outcome,so what is it you cannot understand.

Dotty
16th May 2015, 05:27 PM
Can you provide a golflink number, so we can see this improvement?

gotitat last
16th May 2015, 05:39 PM
Can you provide a golflink number, so we can see this improvement?
look dotty-i am not here to sell or prove anything.that's why i can"t believe the adverse reaction.you all seem to think that a bloke who is a 15 handicapper is inferior to a scratch player.most scratch players have no idea what they are doing that makes them swing better than average.that's why they are hopeless to get swing advice from.
why don't you actually challenge the specifics of what i am saying,rather than trying to be a SM---AR--.

TheNuclearOne
16th May 2015, 05:44 PM
i was a 15 handicapper as you say,but that was only because of one problem-free left shoulder turn without disengagement of the "joint".i have fixed the problem only just today,so i can't become a TIGER WOODS overnite.
the revelations as you query,have just occurred

I guess the obvious question is if it has only just been found how can you be so confident this isn't a honeymoon period? Plenty have found the "secret" only to have it go sour not too long down the track. Lots of band aid remedies out there.

Hard_Pan
16th May 2015, 05:45 PM
nm.. :lol:

3Puttpete
16th May 2015, 05:52 PM
look dotty-i am not here to sell or prove anything.that's why i can"t believe the adverse reaction.you all seem to think that a bloke who is a 15 handicapper is inferior to a scratch player.most scratch players have no idea what they are doing that makes them swing better than average.that's why they are hopeless to get swing advice from.
why don't you actually challenge the specifics of what i am saying,rather than trying to be a SM---AR--.

You were mildly amusing to start with but now your trolling is stupid

coalesce
16th May 2015, 05:55 PM
Snake oil salesman not selling anything hmm

gotitat last
16th May 2015, 06:53 PM
I guess the obvious question is if it has only just been found how can you be so confident this isn't a honeymoon period? Plenty have found the "secret" only to have it go sour not too long down the track. Lots of band aid remedies out there.
thenuclearone-you ask a legitimate question and i must say that it is refreshing to my ears to finally hear an intelligent response to my ordeal.
i am not saying that this is the secret to everyone's golfing problem,but this is a genuine breakthrough for me,because it is a "permanent' physical fix which cannot be classed as "bandaid".that"s where you seem to miss the point-i really believe i have stumbled on the holy grail of golf this time.
i will put it to you like this-can you refute the specifics of my findings? if you can improve upon what i have said and challenge any detail ,i will be the first to congratulate you.

gotitat last
16th May 2015, 07:06 PM
3puttpete-you mock,you criticise,you rant,but you never want to progress. it's not my problem you must realize,it's yours,and you will be stuck in your narrow mindset until you push up daisies.
sad for some i know,but i could not give a hoot.

BenM
16th May 2015, 07:31 PM
you seem very shallow and abrupt .i have given you the most realistic"antidote' to most people"s swinging woes and without trying it for yourself,you mock it.
as a moderator,surely you can understand that "results" are totally specific to an individual's quest to get better at the game.
that's why i am excited about this,my swing is now "fixed".i was a 15 handicapper as you say,but that was only because of one problem-free left shoulder turn without disengagement of the "joint".i have fixed the problem only just today,so i can't become a TIGER WOODS overnite.
the revelations as you query,have just occurred,and i have stated the outcome,so what is it you cannot understand.

No you haven't, what you have said is very vague and when asked for specific outcomes from your supposed revelation (which is perfectly fair) you've got defensive and attacked others. And no, you haven't stated the outcome and now you say you only figured it out today I know why.

If you've just figured this out today then you will have zero credibility from anyone with any sense until you go out and prove that what you have supposedly discovered is real and will have lasting outcomes. Until then you are no different than any of the other thousands of snake oil salesmen on the internet. Sorry if you think this is abrupt but it's simply the truth.

wazandnic
16th May 2015, 07:32 PM
in my opinion gial-everyone is going to keep mocking you until you substantiate all this waffle. you are claiming you have found the holly grail but apart form the fact you keep telling us this you have shown any evidence of the fact. pretty much as simple as that. TELL US WHAT YOUR METHOD HAS DONE FOR YOU AT LEAST

edit: oopps sorry about that last line seems my shift key got stuck. thats the largish key in the bottom right or left corner of the keyboard fyi

wazandnic
16th May 2015, 07:34 PM
No you haven't, what you have said is very vague and when asked for specific outcomes from your supposed revelation (which is perfectly fair) you've got defensive and attacked others. And no, you haven't stated the outcome and now you say you only figured it out today I know why.

If you've just figured this out today then you will have zero credibility from anyone with any sense until you go out and prove that what you have supposedly discovered is real and will have lasting outcomes. Until then you are no different than any of the other thousands of snake oil salesmen on the internet. Sorry if you think this is abrupt but it's simply the truth.

Geez that sounds almost logical... is that allowed in this thread?? 8)

coalesce
16th May 2015, 07:41 PM
thenuclearone-you ask a legitimate question and i must say that it is refreshing to my ears to finally hear an intelligent response to my ordeal.
i am not saying that this is the secret to everyone's golfing problem,but this is a genuine breakthrough for me,because it is a "permanent' physical fix which cannot be classed as "bandaid".that"s where you seem to miss the point-i really believe i have stumbled on the holy grail of golf this time.
i will put it to you like this-can you refute the specifics of my findings? if you can improve upon what i have said and challenge any detail ,i will be the first to congratulate you.

Hard to challenge you on details when you haven't provided any

Hatchman
16th May 2015, 08:40 PM
If I adopt this new holy grail grip and wear fluro and a white belt will I hit the ball any better?

gotitat last
17th May 2015, 03:40 PM

benM,i am not trying to gain anything from this,apart from just trying to diagnose specific problems of my own swing,that may benefit others.my research lab is in my shed,with nets,full length mirrors,direction and velocity meters-you name it.that's why my research results seem too 'positive' in your world of slog it out for 18 holes and let"s see how the new theory goes.basically,i am fast tracking and that is why i am actually achieving results.
as far as a snake oil salesman that you reiterated i was,that is exactly why i defend myself and am defensive.i know you have to try and win the argument to hold cred.as a moderator,but please don't try it on with me.

gotitat last
17th May 2015, 04:35 PM
benM,i am not trying to gain anything from this,apart from just trying to diagnose specific problems of my own swing,that may benefit others.my research lab is in my shed,with nets,full length mirrors,direction and velocity meters-you name it.that's why my research results seem too 'positive' in your world of slog it out for 18 holes and let"s see how the new theory goes.basically,i am fast tracking and that is why i am actually achieving results.
as far as a snake oil salesman that you reiterated i was,that is exactly why i defend myself and am defensive.i know you have to try and win the argument to hold cred.as a moderator,but please don't try it on with me.
ok,let"s get past ego and all related garbage on this site,and focus on specifics for a while.
today,i came up with some remarkable findings to add to my list of discoveries.i am not sure if this only relates to me ,but i will tell you about it anyway.my left arm at setup was actually slightly bent and flexed.i have no idea why i was doing this,but when i allowed it to just hang limply at setup,i noticed that my left shoulder turned so much freer,which resulted in a lot more power to the shot.
that was just the tip of the iceberg,so to speak.as you know,adamsgolfer started this thread with a genuine query,which was hijacked somewhat with egomania. that is besides the point as most of us who live in ignorance react this way to credible alternatives.
anyway,he was admitting that he was an overswinger.
so i tried to look into what is classed as an overswinger or chopper,and i was amazed with what i found.it goes like this and actually is very important,so all the "small" golfers out there,try and read this without your shift button in curse mode.
Tiger Woods is a chopper?????
blasphemy you say,but this is what is actually going on with tour players we try and copy looking at the slow Mo of their swing.
if most of you actually invested in something that was really cheap ,but totally necessary to understand what i am talking about,you would finally break out of kindergarden golf mind mode.
so you ask,what am i on about?(alas-punctuation at last!!!!)-if you stand in front of your newly acquired full length mirror,do all the things i fore mentioned about grip and arms,then tried to "chop" the swing to the side ,you would see to your amazement that the club is horizontal at exactly the same spot as in Tiger"s.
what most of you are doing is "floating" the swing,because you are trying to negate what you think is chopping.that"s why there is very limited power as you are basically "patting' the ball.
look golfers,this stuff is not rocket science and i certainly am no genius,but for goodness sake, if you ever want this game to actually progress to a stage that the general public feel they do not need a degree to hit a stationary ball from A to B,then it"s important you stop ridiculing,and just contemplate and appreciate the
"hard yards',somebody has invested for your benefit.

Dotty
17th May 2015, 05:29 PM
How does this differ from the philosophy behind Pete Cowen's Axe Drill?

BenM
17th May 2015, 05:41 PM

You've just said again that you're achieving results. What results exactly?

Once again you make vague assertions without any facts. As I said before; if you know what you're talking about then go prove it, go start making some scores, better yet coach a few players into significantly better scores, then people might listen. I could fit out my shed with mirrors and nets too but it wouldn't make me a coach.

razaar
17th May 2015, 06:17 PM
Hey got it,
Your posts read very similar in style to those posted by Mike O in the thread - what is release. Give my regards to mike and tell him he needs to get out on the course more instead of golfing through the keyboard.

gotitat last
17th May 2015, 06:20 PM
You've just said again that you're achieving results. What results exactly?

Once again you make vague assertions without any facts. As I said before; if you know what you're talking about then go prove it, go start making some scores, better yet coach a few players into significantly better scores, then people might listen. I could fit out my shed with mirrors and nets too but it wouldn't make me a coach.
i am not having a go at your mental aptitude and your response is what i totally expected .is it a crime that i post my "discoveries' without your stringent criteria.?
look mate,i am giving you the keys,at least make an effort yourself to open the bloody door!-what else do you want?- coach you personally.
i am not selling anything,but giving a humble opinion i honestly believe that actually works,because i am not saying that i am superior to you in IQ,but at least i ask the right questions and am going about answering these questions in a totally logical way .you seem to be a "dinosaur"in the way you think and comprehend.

gotitat last
17th May 2015, 06:25 PM
Hey got it,
Your posts read very similar in style to those posted by Mike O in the thread - what is release. Give my regards to mike and tell him he needs to get out on the course more instead of golfing through the keyboard.
no offence taken razzaar with that ,but you miss the point probably more than you miss greens.

3oneday
17th May 2015, 06:30 PM
I don't reckon Raz has missed many points.

Swing, top, turn, down, ted, repeat.

BenM
17th May 2015, 06:39 PM
i am not having a go at your mental aptitude and your response is what i totally expected .is it a crime that i post my "discoveries' without your stringent criteria.?
look mate,i am giving you the keys,at least make an effort yourself to open the bloody door!-what else do you want?- coach you personally.
i am not selling anything,but giving a humble opinion i honestly believe that actually works,because i am not saying that i am superior to you in IQ,but at least i ask the right questions and am going about answering these questions in a totally logical way .you seem to be a "dinosaur"in the way you think and comprehend.

I don't have stringent criteria, just an expectation that assertions are backed up with evidence to prove them. If that makes me a dinosaur then you mustn't be a big fan of scientists in general.

PS, I already have a coach, thanks for the offer.

I give up, I am reminded of one of my favourite quotes, 'never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience'.

talbo
18th May 2015, 04:15 PM
Thread full of garbage, some if it amusing though. Continue....

3Puttpete
18th May 2015, 04:49 PM
I don't have stringent criteria, just an expectation that assertions are backed up with evidence to prove them. If that makes me a dinosaur then you mustn't be a big fan of scientists in general.

I give up, I am reminded of one of my favourite quotes, 'never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience'.

I disagree

gotitat last
19th May 2015, 05:25 PM

sounds like you at least have a "left' jab left in your arsenal that you can pull out as a last resort to defend your "last stand".
when you quipped that you had a coach already-why do you have a coach if you are so "blessed' in the first place? anyway,this is not about you and your obvious shortcomings in mental aptitude,which is a shame not only for you,but all of us here ,relying on someone in your revered position, to be a mainstay of thinking .

ok golfers,i am doing this research at breakneck pace,so that"s why a lot of the "findings' seem to change a lot,as i am trying to get this "secret" as fast as possible,finally discovered and most importantly,fine tuned.
i have just come up with some startling revelations.
ok,just a recap on what my initial problem was-my shoulder turn was horribly flat and my hips locked with my shoulder turn.

now,after a lot of so called remedies i thought were the answer ,i am getting so much closer to the truth.(and just for your interest TALBO-it"s probably why you caught that large bream-they are a sucker for garbage baits).
look,i have no idea if this is too basic,but it helped me so i will continue,even if you think i am 'stupid' in your wonderful world.
the incredible finding today was more to do with a feeling during the swing,rather than trying to work things out looking at a full length in the mirror of myself.

from what i can gather,and this is only in my case mind you,when i do a backswing,the only way i can push the left shoulder down without excessive dipping and hip lock,is to allow the upper spine ,almost immediately ,to slope to the left.the funny part is that you think you are sloping to the left,but your spine is perfectly "straight"at the top of the swing.(absolutely no actual reverse tilt except just a feeling of reverse tilt).
with that solved,then i encountered major problems with my left shoulder joint disengaging when initiating the swing with a left shoulder down thought process.
the way i solved this was with a palm grip and firm,but also with a very slight angle between forearm and upper arm,totally flexed because of your grip.this actually worked.if you kept your left arm dead straight,your joint can disengage-you must have the arm flexed and the left shoulder"splintered'aided by this.

anyway,i am prepared to take ridicule and for those of you expecting me to go out there on the coarse and get results before i am allowed to post a thought bubble----all i can say to that narrow band of thinking is virtually nothing,except that i feel totally gobsmacked that backward thinking is allowed to still dominate in dubious positions of power.

timah!
19th May 2015, 06:00 PM
Can you hit a bucket of range balls to within 10ft of each other with a 3w? That's the true test here...

Dotty
19th May 2015, 06:01 PM
There is probably something useful here, but it is lost amongst the opening and closing insults.

This is not newbie bashing. This is a case of Aussies here sticking by their mates, when they question the Peter Foster-like claims being made on the internet.

talbo
19th May 2015, 07:25 PM

gotitat last
19th May 2015, 07:35 PM
There is probably something useful here, but it is lost amongst the opening and closing insults.

This is not newbie bashing. This is a case of Aussies here sticking by their mates, when they question the Peter Foster-like claims being made on the internet.
ok dotty ,let"s sort this out.
first of all ,i only give back double what is thrown at me point blank.
secondly,i respect that you are sticking by your mates,but i am on my own here ,so ganging up on someone is not real Aussie behavior to be proud of.
thirdly,if i was trying to advertise or sell something or profit from this in any way,then you might be justified in the Peter Foster quip.
and finally and most importantly,you say it may be slightly useful. look,i have no idea how good a player you or anybody else is on this site,that is not my business,and i am not trying to be some stupid smart ar.e, telling people what they probably think is absolute garbage,all i am trying to convey is that i have been a frustrated golfer for many years with only one problem. i could not turn my left shoulder down without hip lock.i think i have found the solution to this.
i know a lot of good golfers just automatically do this motion correctly,so probably scoff at this as being a discovery.but,if there is someone here,a hacker like myself,that maybe can benefit from this,then you must understand why i want to share this.
this has taken me years to find out which i know does not sound impressive,but i feel obliged to let people at least know.

hope this makes sense as you are getting me to put it all on the line

Dotty
19th May 2015, 07:56 PM
I'm the Martyr.
I just found this and I'll give it a thousand likes.

As for OzGolf's Belle Gibson ...

oldracer
19th May 2015, 08:24 PM
Did I just see Michael Breed using a hockey stick!!!!

hacker
20th May 2015, 07:03 AM
Did I just see Michael Breed using a hockey stick!!!!

The Happy Gilmore putting style would be the last thing he would use a hockey stick for, so I am going to guess he was using it was for...

Nope can't even have a logical guess what it would be used for.

3oneday
20th May 2015, 07:46 AM
http://www.haneyuniversity.com/get/hank-haneys-blueprint-postopt?tyc=tbl&trk_ld=TRUE

There's a part in here about no one swinging the same, ie Charles Barkley.

Swing secrets only sell when discovered by people with money or power (read reputation). You should email Hank and see what he thinks about your theories, maybe you're over complicating something that can be taught in a 10 minute lesson.

Actually, send a message to Charles Barkley :lol:

gotitat last
20th May 2015, 05:18 PM
I just found this and I'll give it a thousand likes.

As for OzGolf's Belle Gibson ...
fair enough dotty,that was a statement i made in bragging mode to try and win over a point of view.

gotitat last
20th May 2015, 05:33 PM
:shock:
http://www.haneyuniversity.com/get/hank-haneys-blueprint-postopt?tyc=tbl&trk_ld=TRUE

There's a part in here about no one swinging the same, ie Charles Barkley.

Swing secrets only sell when discovered by people with money or power (read reputation). You should email Hank and see what he thinks about your theories, maybe you're over complicating something that can be taught in a 10 minute lesson.

Actually, send a message to Charles Barkley :lol:
i think you may need more than a 10 minute lesson from your pinup ,maybe you should concentrate on charles and his swing style,it appears he resembles you on many virtues-he seems to have a club firmly wedged in an undesirable place as he attempts to swing.
never mind-the world is full of wankers ,it's only when they unite that wankworld is formed.:)

Coldtopper
20th May 2015, 07:20 PM
Gotiatlast you appear wise What do you know about the rules parallel alignment ? Mac O'Grady style.

3oneday
21st May 2015, 09:47 AM
:shock:
i think you may need more than a 10 minute lesson from your pinup ,maybe you should concentrate on charles and his swing style,it appears he resembles you on many virtues-he seems to have a club firmly wedged in an undesirable place as he attempts to swing.
never mind-the world is full of wankers ,it's only when they unite that wankworld is formed.:)Personal insults are usually the last resort of the immature.

I will now seek to have you banned from posting here again.

PeteyD
21st May 2015, 09:51 AM
OK, Lay off the personal insults everyone. First and final warning.

gotitat last
22nd May 2015, 07:00 PM
OK, Lay off the personal insults everyone. First and final warning.
thanks pete. look,my discoveries can't be tested on a golf coarse as i do not have enough time,so all my research is in my shed,which is set up for research that fast tracks the old method of trial and error with 18 holes.
anyway,i did come up with something today that was very promising,but it probably only relates to me,rather than the majority of golfers.i know i have stated in the past various grips and problems with left shoulder turn,etc,but i found a very peculiar physical anomaly with my left wrist pronation at address.you see my problem is that i am of very athletic build with a deep chest,unlike most golfers who are not blessed in that department.
anyway,i was subconsciously pronating my wrist to the left because of the "depth' of my chest,basically trying to clear it.this sounds a bit far fetched,but when i set my wrist without that pronation,the swing itself freed up,without all that stuff i was on about before-palm grip and shoulder turn/locked hip.
in fact,with this method,the lighter i held the club in the fingers,not palm,the more power and whip resulted.
this is very exciting news for me,but probably does not apply to other golfers here due to physical differences.
even so,there is something to be gained from this,for everyone's benefit.
1/a very light grip with the left hand,basically just cradling the shaft with the thumb and "pinkie".
2/a more "closed' grip will give you a more sideways chopping motion,which results in more clubhead speed or whip.
3/do not even think about the left shoulder to start the swing as the entire swing is initiated by the hands and every other part of the body follows naturally,that"s why you should only use your hands(only left,not right),to start the actual swing.
4/all the follow thru with hips etc is automatic,so do not try and "manufacture" it.
ok,this is totally contrary to what i was advocating before,but with my left wrist in premature pronation,it was causing me to actually lock up on the backswing.
the crazy part is that this actually applies to my tennis swing problems as well.

hopefully,this helps someone play a better round this weekend.

4/

coalesce
22nd May 2015, 08:18 PM
thanks pete. look,my discoveries can't be tested on a golf coarse as i do not have enough time,so all my research is in my shed,which is set up for research that fast tracks the old method of trial and error with 18 holes.
anyway,i did come up with something today that was very promising,but it probably only relates to me,rather than the majority of golfers.i know i have stated in the past various grips and problems with left shoulder turn,etc,but i found a very peculiar physical anomaly with my left wrist pronation at address.you see my problem is that i am of very athletic build with a deep chest,unlike most golfers who are not blessed in that department.
anyway,i was subconsciously pronating my wrist to the left because of the "depth' of my chest,basically trying to clear it.this sounds a bit far fetched,but when i set my wrist without that pronation,the swing itself freed up,without all that stuff i was on about before-palm grip and shoulder turn/locked hip.
in fact,with this method,the lighter i held the club in the fingers,not palm,the more power and whip resulted.
this is very exciting news for me,but probably does not apply to other golfers here due to physical differences.
even so,there is something to be gained from this,for everyone's benefit.
1/a very light grip with the left hand,basically just cradling the shaft with the thumb and "pinkie".
2/a more "closed' grip will give you a more sideways chopping motion,which results in more clubhead speed or whip.
3/do not even think about the left shoulder to start the swing as the entire swing is initiated by the hands and every other part of the body follows naturally,that"s why you should only use your hands(only left,not right),to start the actual swing.
4/all the follow thru with hips etc is automatic,so do not try and "manufacture" it.
ok,this is totally contrary to what i was advocating before,but with my left wrist in premature pronation,it was causing me to actually lock up on the backswing.
the crazy part is that this actually applies to my tennis swing problems as well.

hopefully,this helps someone play a better round this weekend.

4/

I'm going to print this out and attach it to my bag

gotitat last
23rd May 2015, 04:41 PM
I'm going to print this out and attach it to my bag
i do not blame you for being flippant in your reaction.i would have reacted the same way if some upstart was basically speaking rubbish on the forum.
that's something i am not proud of,but the ironical part is that i am virtually now on top of my own problems,and the last piece in the puzzle and the most important was discovered today.
this will not apply to other golfers i presume,as i think my problems were unique,but so simple to fix,it is very embarrassing to admit to them,as i suppose it will make me look like pretty average.
ok,you know from the previous post that i had major problems with left wrist pronation, and because i was a self confessed "he man",that i thought this was the bugbear ,with my chest getting in the way.
to my delight,and surprise,the only reason it was actually occurring,is the way i took the grip.it's hard to explain,but the left thumb and forefinger were not engaged with the grip before i brought my left hand with club into the setup position.consequently,when i re griped with tension at address,my wrist and forearm were forced into pronation,causing massive problems.
ok,i have now solved a major issue with my own swing,which i suppose does not apply to anyone else anyway.

so basically that just leaves me a couple of avenues of research.
1/i think i have the athleticism and muscle power to hit the ball beyond 300 Metres,but this is not my "scene' as i don"t like showing off.
2/now that i have got the basics with my own swing finally sorted,i can now concentrate with total justification on other aspects of the game.
3/it's hard to be a martyr,but the eventual rewards far out weigh the minor 'disruptions" along the way,which i might add are totally understandable ,as most people actually think that way-staying within their own comfort zone .
4/i think i have now graduated from 18 to basically "scratch" or below on driving,and i would like to make comments about other members swings on "my video"site.from what i have already viewed,the fundamentals of players" swings i suppose are correct,but the swing itself looks so "ugly" and ungraceful.
sure,physical charecteristics come in to play,but i can see an avenue of possible improvement.

hopefully,as you now realize i am a "talent',you will not object to me getting involved in this way?

BenM
23rd May 2015, 06:17 PM
I know I said I was out, but the above couple of posts have dragged me back.

I no longer believe that you're serious but if you are I think you should post some videos of your own 'scratch' '300m' (as proven in the shed) driver swing before you go commenting on anyone else's.

benno_r
23rd May 2015, 06:23 PM
I know I said I was out, but the above couple of posts have dragged me back.

I no longer believe that you're serious but if you are I think you should post some videos of your own 'scratch' '300m' (as proven in the shed) driver swing before you go commenting on anyone else's.
Fish, meet bait...

blurry
23rd May 2015, 09:28 PM
Fish, meet bait... Reeling them in;)

razaar
24th May 2015, 08:25 AM
http://golf-fit-pro.tumblr.com

Gotitat last
I found this article which may be of interest to you.☺ It gives an insight into Aussie golf instruction.

gotitat last
24th May 2015, 05:15 PM
Fish, meet bait...
look, i would love to post clips of my own swing,but it is against my religious beliefs to do so. that"s why i am trying desperately to find someone who is as blessed, similar to my own physical demeanor,that is prepared to be a 'test pilot" for no material gain.

that said,i can give out my discoveries as they happen verbally on this site.

ok,as i said in my previous post,i solved some issues i presumed only related to me with my grip and forearm pronation at setup.
that was all well and good,but something that was more important than this,was only stumbled on by accident today during my research session.
as you all know or at least should know by now,i had great difficulties playing tennis,especially with the backhand,which basically translates to the holy grail of golf- the backswing.
sadly,i still cannot do L/H backhands in tennis that well,as the game differs from golf-it is in actual motion and the golf back swing is the same motion,but from a totally static position at address.
basically,what that meant,was finding the ideal "setup" position. it is very hard to describe,as your "muscle memory' mind controls the crux of virtually everything we do.
ok,the way i set up is a bit unusual,but anyway here goes-i have sussed out my own problems with the left forearm pronation which will not apply to everyone,as being a prerequisite.
i only take the club in the left hand,get all my grip essentials sorted,then when i bend down to the ball,only with the left hand mind you,i actually 'fall' into place,pretending that i am able to hit a backhand in tennis.the stance becomes totally neutral and balanced.you can hit as hard as you like with automatic desired whip.
this i know sounds a bit far fetched,but i am not saying that all of you will achieve my results,as what i have achieved is the full potential to unlock my own physical attributes.
look,i don't know if this even applies to most reasonably proficient golfers ,which most of you on this site actually are.
all i am giving to you is an account of events with progress reports,and why i believe this is so.
as i said,i am only a hacker,except with driving,so if you want,just dismiss it as garbage. i can understand that,as you are trying to improve from scratch,and i am trying to improve from 15.

3Puttpete
24th May 2015, 07:39 PM

Couldn't agree with me more on this one

3oneday
24th May 2015, 08:42 PM
Nah, someone from Shanks taking the piss. Jack?

markTHEblake
25th May 2015, 07:00 AM
that"s why i am trying desperately to find someone who is as blessed, similar to my own physical demeanor,that is prepared to be a 'test pilot" for no material gain. That would be me.

sms316
25th May 2015, 11:35 AM
Nah, someone from Shanks taking the piss. Jack? I can say with 100% honesty from TGZ that I haven't got the faintest idea who it is. It is certainly not an endorsed effort.

3oneday
25th May 2015, 01:17 PM
I can say with 100% honesty from TGZ that I haven't got the faintest idea who it is. It is certainly not an endorsed effort.Apologies :)

Forgot the name change!

Yossarian
25th May 2015, 01:29 PM
I wish I could claim it.

gotitat last
25th May 2015, 07:26 PM
I wish I could claim it.
you know yossarian-it's ironic as you seem to cop a lot of flak,a bit like myself,but you would probably at least deem it feasible that what i say could be construed as being somewhat on the right track,as you seem to be an accomplished tennis player.

anyway,i have not had time to do any further research today,but i am always on a learning curve-the problem with this game is that it should be so simple,but still appears to be so difficult .all i am trying to do is find the illusive "key",and i think i am getting very close.

markTHEblake
25th May 2015, 09:44 PM
all i am trying to do is find the illusive "key",and i think i am getting very close.
It is next to the z.

Yossarian
25th May 2015, 10:00 PM
you know yossarian-it's ironic as you seem to cop a lot of flak,a bit like myself,but you would probably at least deem it feasible that what i say could be construed as being somewhat on the right track,as you seem to be an accomplished tennis player.

anyway,i have not had time to do any further research today,but i am always on a learning curve-the problem with this game is that it should be so simple,but still appears to be so difficult .all i am trying to do is find the illusive "key",and i think i am getting very close.

:lol::lol:

gotitat last
26th May 2015, 04:19 PM
:lol::lol:
thanks yossarian.
anyway,i found out something today,that was of huge importance to me ,but maybe not to your average "build" golfer. you may be too young to remember,but there was an Australian golfer called Greg Norman (the shark).he was our greatest and always will be,and he also was so, so gifted with that magic persona that made him a "hero' world wide.
basically,my"build' front on, is the same as his, but side on, i am either "hamstrung' or "blessed" to have a very deep chest,depending on schools of thought.
that's why i have my limitations in flexibility,but have huge amounts of potential power ,if i can tap into it the correct way.

today,i found a way to get that flexibility.

when i address the ball,i am in a vertical position and standing naturally,but then i let my chest just slump and allow my shoulder joints and scapulae to move forward as much as possible without forcing or tension.
then,i fall into the L/H backhand tennis setup as previously described,but with one major proviso-do not tense up doing this action,as it is easy to stick your butt out too much,basically negating all the good lead up.

i have no idea if this helps so called good golfers anyway,but what is really sad is that no one actually argues about specifics of my posts.
it may explain the conspiracy theory that there are vested interests at play-keep the "mushrooms" in the dark at all costs,as the gravy train is getting way too big to stop in time at the "stations".

3oneday
26th May 2015, 05:03 PM
What was the ballflight like compared to your normal flight? I assume you actually hit balls?

You sure you aren't confused with Greg Normal? He's pretty famous around here too.

aussieashley
26th May 2015, 05:26 PM
gotitat last, when are you going to take your new found swing discoveries to the golf course and play 18 holes?

3Puttpete
26th May 2015, 05:36 PM

gotitat last
26th May 2015, 05:56 PM
What was the ballflight like compared to your normal flight? I assume you actually hit balls?

You sure you aren't confused with Greg Normal? He's pretty famous around here too.
look,i don't think most of you are that "dense"really,but you always fall in to the same trap,a bit like sheep,which probably explains why you remain in a time warp with your views on golf actualities.

you respond to my posts in a totally negative manor,but then low and behold, you all seem hell bent just waiting for my next elusive post so you can "bag"it. speak about attention deficit disorder. i think you people actually wrote the bloody thesis on the subject.

as i stated before,i have direction/speed indicators that allow me to do fast track research. any one backward enough to challenge this as a reliable fast track is just that-backward in thinking.

Steve57
26th May 2015, 06:14 PM
Anyone can play golf on a launch monitor/ simulator.
3OD hit the nail on the head when he asked about your ball flight.
I doubt whether you have even hit a golf ball!
Much like Gold Coast Golfer/IGolf, your previous attempts at contributing to the forum, you are full of BS!
And no mods that is not a personal insult but my view of the facts surrounding this individual.
Entertainment value only if you like that sort of thing.
You contribute nothing to this forum so please go elsewhere.

timah!
26th May 2015, 06:25 PM

Most sensible thing said in this thread.

Dotty
26th May 2015, 06:26 PM
I remember an Australian Golf Digest article twenty plus years ago, where Jane Crafter's different swing was credited to her deep chest.

Steve57
26th May 2015, 06:33 PM
I remember an Australian Golf Digest article twenty plus years ago, where Jane Crafter's different swing was credited to her deep chest.=D>

backintheswing
26th May 2015, 06:36 PM
Janes chest is very low now.

gotitat last
26th May 2015, 06:36 PM
Anyone can play golf on a launch monitor/ simulator.
3OD hit the nail on the head when he asked about your ball flight.
I doubt whether you have even hit a golf ball!
Much like Gold Coast Golfer/IGolf, your previous attempts at contributing to the forum, you are full of BS!
And no mods that is not a personal insult but my view of the facts surrounding this individual.
Entertainment value only if you like that sort of thing.
look mate,it's a free world. if you do not agree with me,then ,why do you keep reading my posts?

could it be that you are actually feeling insecure about your own so called wonderful game?

just because you may not have the same physical problems i have ,doesn"t mean you can just say-hey,what a load of BS.

by the way-i hit golf balls off a tee with a velocity /direction meter. so i think next time ,let you dog write your posts -he/she looks actually intelligent.
(sorry mods-as you know,a justified reply)

3Puttpete
26th May 2015, 06:38 PM
Most sensible thing said in this thread.

I think the most sensible thing in this thread was actually unsaid.

I disagree

BenM didn't respond to me.

timah!
26th May 2015, 06:40 PM
Where's Tom, surely there's some odds on who this is??

3oneday
26th May 2015, 06:43 PM
look,i don't think most of you are that "dense"really,but you always fall in to the same trap,a bit like sheep,which probably explains why you remain in a time warp with your views on golf actualities.

you respond to my posts in a totally negative manor,but then low and behold, you all seem hell bent just waiting for my next elusive post so you can "bag"it. speak about attention deficit disorder. i think you people actually wrote the bloody thesis on the subject.

as i stated before,i have direction/speed indicators that allow me to do fast track research. any one backward enough to challenge this as a reliable fast track is just that-backward in thinking.champ, you questioned why no one asked you about what you were discovering, I asked, and you go off on some moronic tangent.

Answer the question, or do you also claim that ball flight is irrelevant because your physical and mental incapacities dictate it to be so?

Your direction/speed indicators that allow you to do fast track research. Is it braille, can you feel the ball flight?

Is the above too well structured for you to understand? Let me know, I can try typing your gibberish if that is easier.

razaar
26th May 2015, 06:48 PM
Haha......best thread on the forum. Keep up the good work gotitat. It makes me happy when somebody steps up to the plate and talks about their swing concepts. Even if it reads like misinformation or nonsense. It can't be much worse than lots of stuff golfers have been exposed to in mags and publications since golf appeared in print. Go for it, lad. Nobody else is sprouting about their swing feels.

gotitat last
26th May 2015, 06:59 PM
Where's Tom, surely there's some odds on who this is??
i"ll say one thing about your collective IQ-sorry ,i actually have no comment and just as well for my own survival. will get back to you tomorrow,hopefully.

anyway golfers,i really think i am getting close to developing something pretty special. ok,i suppose it will not suit all of you,as you must be very athletic to get the desired results. but still,for just average hackers,it will achieve very significant improvement.

gotitat last
26th May 2015, 07:06 PM
Haha......best thread on the forum. Keep up the good work gotitat. It makes me happy when somebody steps up to the plate and talks about their swing concepts. Even if it reads like misinformation or nonsense. It can't be much worse than lots of stuff golfers have been exposed to in mags and publications since golf appeared in print. Go for it, lad. Nobody else is sprouting about their swing feels.
crickey-razaar,are you having a go or what?
if you are genuine in what you say,then i will shout with joy from the rooftops. not because you accept my actual theory ,but because you accept the fact that a point of view should be respected without vindication.
as you say,youtube is just full of re hashed same old.

3Puttpete
26th May 2015, 07:08 PM
Is it a Nutri bullet?

wazandnic
26th May 2015, 07:12 PM
i"ll say one thing about your collective IQ .....

OMG the shift key worked for a minute there.

gotitat last
26th May 2015, 07:15 PM
Is it a Nutri bullet?
no 3putt,it isn"t, but come to think of it,maybe a nutri bullet could put a hole in that scorecard of yours-so they tell me anyway,and you know what gossip is like on the forum!

gotitat last
26th May 2015, 07:19 PM
it"s a start WAZDIC-you actually noticed so the therapy i recommended may be working for you,albeit very slowly.!

markTHEblake
26th May 2015, 07:32 PM
The codependency of simplicity is truly rather socialistic in its hubris

Dotty
26th May 2015, 07:41 PM
Twice, if you count the double quote in the first word. :)

wazandnic
26th May 2015, 07:41 PM
it"s a start WAZDIC-you actually noticed so the therapy i recommended may be working for you,albeit very slowly.!

haha, stooping again to personal insults. Pretty sure there is only one DIC in this thread.

benno_r
26th May 2015, 08:10 PM
my research lab is in my shed,with nets,full length mirrors,direction and velocity meters-you name it.

Believe it or not, I would love to see some details of your lab/shed. Not really the mirror part, but could you give some info on the measurement equipment, and how you have it all hooked up.

Are you using accelerometer/gyroscope type devices you attach to yourself or your club, or do you have some kind of camera / recognition device that can track the shaft (similar to this by Taylormade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyF28pLXL2Q). Or do you have something even cooler?

Since you are hitting into nets, I assume you must have access to something like trackman or GC2 to be able to determine if you are squaring your face - this would be hard to accurately determine in a 6ft flight into a net.

Let us know - I love the tech stuff!

3Puttpete
26th May 2015, 08:26 PM
Believe it or not, I would love to see some details of your lab/shed. Not really the mirror part, but could you give some info on the measurement equipment, and how you have it all hooked up.

Are you using accelerometer/gyroscope type devices you attach to yourself or your club, or do you have some kind of camera / recognition device that can track the shaft (similar to this by Taylormade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyF28pLXL2Q). Or do you have something even cooler?

Since you are hitting into nets, I assume you must have access to something like trackman or GC2 to be able to determine if you are squaring your face - this would be hard to accurately determine in a 6ft flight into a net.

Captain Nemo
26th May 2015, 08:28 PM
Sure, but titty still has me covered!!!

Need pics?

mrbluu
26th May 2015, 09:22 PM
Need pics?
Its taken u so long are they in black and white???

Captain Nemo
26th May 2015, 09:25 PM
Its taken u so long are they in black and white???
!

mrbluu
26th May 2015, 09:26 PM
!
No comment.

3oneday
27th May 2015, 12:42 PM
Breaking news, no golf balls have been harmed (or hit) in these findings!

gotitat last
27th May 2015, 07:03 PM
The codependency of simplicity is truly rather socialistic in its hubris
not at all mr blake, i am a firm believer of socialism with capitalistic values. codependency in its purest form is just what you are alluring to-total and utter "surrender' or simplicity. also,"truly" is not the word i would have used in that assertion,basically because it is just, i presume,your own opinionated response.

that's another reason why hubris in my language is not a 'dirty word" in the context of your posting.

anyway,i am not here to lecture anyone.

gotitat last
27th May 2015, 07:16 PM

HUNG like a PONY-do i ever ask to see your "equipment"?
it"s a futile exercise-you would be jealous,but i would be a darker shade of green with envy.

benno_r
27th May 2015, 07:19 PM
HUNG like a PONY-do i ever ask to see your "equipment"?
it"s a futile exercise-you would be jealous,but i would be a darker shade of green with envy.
Be happy to show you my lab if you show me yours.

What do you do for crust to have access to all the cool toys you get to use?

gotitat last
27th May 2015, 07:20 PM
No comment.
mr blu-i saw your swing on MY VIDEO-from what i saw,you are basically as good as your body shape will allow.

gotitat last
27th May 2015, 07:43 PM
Be happy to show you my lab if you show me yours.

What do you do for crust to have access to all the cool toys you get to use?
i"m actually a retired millionaire only working part time as a consultant to keep my mind active. . i made heaps in the real estate boom and decided to get out of the work force before i got too old to actually enjoy it.
the so called toys that are of real importance are the ones between everyone's ears. that"s why,i am sure,golfers have so many problems. they are constantly searching for a quick fix,but never realize that the "trackman" is a super computer called a human brain.
once you learn to actually "allow' it a bit of freedom to act on its own to make a "natural" swing,then,and only then,you will be able to get maximum release or clubhead speed. direction cannot be controlled by trying to square the clubface at impact. that"s why i laugh at all the low handicappers.
basically,what i am saying is,most of you are just in fantasy land thinking that the latest gizmo will fix your woes.
sure,in my case,they are just a superficial aid.

anyway,i have discovered something today about setup equilibrium of the spine.at this stage,i can only do it without a club,but it gives me an incredible free turn.i"m sure this is what the pros do ,but in auto guise,as i"m only guessing at this stage,but it would explain why some "runtish" build pros can get super distance.
that 300M+ is sure looking attainable.

anyway,i"m off to ORIGIN.

benno_r
27th May 2015, 07:49 PM
Cool, half your luck, I was too young to get onboard the biggest boom.

I wouldn't worry about the production costs of the videos - you are lucky so share the love.

Anyway, you mentioned earlier you were using velocity meters etc. That's the part I am interested in. Any details on that system?

Cheers,
Ben

markTHEblake
27th May 2015, 08:52 PM
not at all mr blake, i am a firm believer of socialism with capitalistic values. codependency in its purest form is just what you are alluring to-total and utter "surrender' or simplicity. also,"truly" is not the word i would have used in that assertion,basically because it is just, i presume,your own opinionated response.
Seriously? If one examines neocapitalist desituationism, one is faced with a choice: either accept the textual paradigm of consensus or conclude that culture may be used to reinforce class divisions.

gotitat last
28th May 2015, 07:00 PM
Seriously? If one examines neocapitalist desituationism, one is faced with a choice: either accept the textual paradigm of consensus or conclude that culture may be used to reinforce class divisions.
sorry mr blake-it's ironic that you use the word "textual" ,i presume trying to reinforce your so called pragmatic misconceptions about reality.
i am in awe of your prowess with the english vocabulary,but could you please explain to me what desituationism actually is,or at least what you fantasize it as being.
it sort of reinforces what i have always said-how can the "game" progress without genuine lateral thinking?

Hard_Pan
28th May 2015, 09:04 PM
could you please explain to me what desituationism Well, what he's said above is if you examine how we mugs are currently being screwed over by the almighty dollar, then you either accept that this happens because we allow it to happen or that it happens because the way everything's set up, gives me the right to treat you like sh*t because I am a billionaire and you're not..

so to answer your question; in the above context, desituationism means - being screwed over.

markTHEblake
28th May 2015, 10:05 PM
but could you please explain to me what desituationism actually is

"de-" a prefix occurring in loanwords from Latin ( decide); also used to indicate privation, removal, and separation ( dehumidify), negation ( demerit; derange), descent ( degrade; deduce), reversal ( detract), intensity ( decompound).

so in other words seperation from situationism.

it sort of reinforces what i have always said-how can the "game" progress without genuine lateral thinking?
It could be said that any number of discourses concerning the existentialist paradigm of thinking exist. Debord used the term ‘neodialectic lateral theory’ to denote a self-supporting reality.

Yossarian
28th May 2015, 10:10 PM
Those vending machines make a lot of money.

markTHEblake
28th May 2015, 10:13 PM
Those vending machines make a lot of money.
Sure do, I turn over about 3M a year through mine.

gotitat last
31st May 2015, 04:42 PM
"de-" a prefix occurring in loanwords from Latin ( decide); also used to indicate privation, removal, and separation ( dehumidify), negation ( demerit; derange), descent ( degrade; deduce), reversal ( detract), intensity ( decompound).

so in other words seperation from situationism.

It could be said that any number of discourses concerning the existentialist paradigm of thinking exist. Debord used the term ‘neodialectic lateral theory’ to denote a self-supporting reality.
sorry mr blake,i couldn"t get back to you earlier as i was in conference .
what i think you are trying to convey is that i should basically just accept mainstream thinking .
it's sad in a way that someone who has so much frivolous verbose with the english language at his fingertips ,seems to try and distort factuality.(ironically a non word i might add).

that said,i have good news about my swing mechanics-basically, i must admit,i have been totally wrong in what i have posted here in the past,but ,at the time ,i was genuine,but just a little naive.
ok,as you know i am a lateral thinker,and as you all know ,my shoulder turn was my problem ,because i thought i was more athletic a build than your average golfer.
anyway,i stumbled on something today that was so "crazy",that i just feel,i should shout about it from the rooftops.

you do not try and turn your shoulders at all.in fact,that is the whole problem with golf teaching-you cannot turn your shoulders via conscience ,if you do,then you end up on a very flat plane.
also,you do not focus on the clubface or arms at the start of the swing.

all you focus on is both chest muscles in unison(torso),turning around a thoracic spine ,rather than your lumbar vertebrae.

i am now getting 120 degrees/45 hip and i am 60 years of age.

mind you,regardless of age,unless you are a hercules ,don"t try this at "max".

3oneday
31st May 2015, 06:24 PM
Weekend release?

Captain Nemo
31st May 2015, 06:34 PM
Sure do, I turn over about 3M a year through mine.

What's the profit like?

gotitat last
31st May 2015, 06:40 PM
Weekend release?
doesn"t matter-you still have time to savor my advice,before your mandatory lockup tomorrow.

3oneday
31st May 2015, 06:46 PM
60 year old athletic build? Hmmm, maybe not.

Steve57
31st May 2015, 06:48 PM
Slow learner too!
Just realised he was wrong!:shock:

gotitat last
1st June 2015, 04:45 PM
Slow learner too!
Just realised he was wrong!:shock:
thanks steve , sounds a bit like you were hoodwinked by all and sundry like myself .never mind,if someone of my mental caliber can get things temporarily askew,at least people in your unfortunate" circumstances" can feel really chuffed.
ps-that dog of yours actually looks intelligent. it"s a pity ,they can't speak "human'.

gotitat last
1st June 2015, 05:11 PM
60 year old athletic build? Hmmm, maybe not.
i agree-sounds like an imposter to me-just because you might be the average old cretin on life support and your playing partners are in agreeance(who also happen to be old cretins),they seem to think the whole world revolves around us and our pension card entitlements.
enough is enough-and i am not talking about my life saving drugs,but just a fair go for all us old golfers who can at least walk a round of golf unaided by a buggy.
all well and good to a degree-but what do you do about senility ?

timah!
1st June 2015, 05:11 PM
Something tells me you get it wrong on a more permanent basis.

gotitat last
1st June 2015, 05:14 PM
Something tells me you get it wrong on a more permanent basis.
not really -your "wrong" is only a reflection of your shallow IQ.
mind you,we need people like you to do mundane tasks without question.

timah!
1st June 2015, 05:17 PM
not really -your "wrong" is only a reflection of your shallow IQ.
mind you,we need people like you to do mundane tasks without question.

Really, you can form a judgement of my IQ from a single sentence.
Well blow me down and tar me in feathers.

What I can most certainly guarantee is that your 'intelligence' isn't all that great. Neither is your perception. We've quite obviously stated that your drivel is in fact just drivel, yet you cannot seem to comprehend that. And that's ok, we need people like you to laugh at and take our minds away from our much greater problems.

gotitat last
1st June 2015, 06:12 PM
Really, you can form a judgement of my IQ from a single sentence.
Well blow me down and tar me in feathers.

What I can most certainly guarantee is that your 'intelligence' isn't all that great. Neither is your perception. We've quite obviously stated that your drivel is in fact just drivel, yet you cannot seem to comprehend that. And that's ok, we need people like you to laugh at and take our minds away from our much greater problems.
i am sad to hear that you have even greater problems than we have been led to believe.
i know that laughter is the best medicine,so i actually now feel as though i have contributed in just a small way to your slow,but necessary rehabilitation.

backintheswing
1st June 2015, 06:20 PM
i am sad to hear that you have even greater problems than we have been led to believe.
i know that laughter is the best medicine,so i actually now feel as though i have contributed in just a small way to your slow,but necessary rehabilitation.

Hi gotitat, do you have the telegram app on your fone? I have a place where you can chat without all this judgement. PM me.

3oneday
1st June 2015, 06:54 PM
but what do you do about senility ?sorry, what was the question sonny?

You're a crack up.

razaar
1st June 2015, 07:00 PM
i agree-sounds like an imposter to me-just because you might be the average old cretin on life support and your playing partners are in agreeance(who also happen to be old cretins),they seem to think the whole world revolves around us and our pension card entitlements.
enough is enough-and i am not talking about my life saving drugs,but just a fair go for all us old golfers who can at least walk a round of golf unaided by a buggy.
all well and good to a degree-but what do you do about senility ?Have to agree with 3 on this, old mate. Even the most athletic of builds will push the envelope making a 120/45 turn without turning the shoulders (both shoulders protracted or both retracted). A shoulder turn is one shoulder protracted with the other retracted. But then it may be possible for somebody who has three or more extra vertebrae in the lumber and thorasic spine.
I seem to recall in one of your earlier posts claiming to blessed with a stout build. Not to worry, I am sure you will have an answer to the confusion.

markTHEblake
1st June 2015, 09:04 PM
what i think you are trying to convey is that i should basically just accept mainstream thinking . Your bullshit detector must be broken. My randomly generated unintelligible bullshit does convey something, but you missed it.

3oneday
2nd June 2015, 06:25 AM
Too busy delivering his own.

Next he'll be Bruce Jenner.

markTHEblake
2nd June 2015, 10:26 AM
Too busy delivering his own. Bing! The money or the box?

gotitat last
3rd June 2015, 04:54 PM
Your bullshit detector must be broken. My randomly generated unintelligible bullshit does convey something, but you missed it.
thanks mr blake-believe me,i don't "miss" points from the mainstream out there,certainly including yourself. what i actually do,is to try and encourage your gibberish antics and i think it is ultimately what makes the world go round-we are all being fed with what you described your greatest asset,but i have more decorum to not be so crass in describing your obvious shortfalls in a spiteful manner.
if you have a problem with what i say,don't try and hide behind your facade .in fact,just get yourself some testicular strength,and take a chance on voicing a true opinion of the conundrum as you see it-MR BLAKE.

markTHEblake
3rd June 2015, 05:18 PM
thanks mr blake-believe me,i don't "miss" points from the mainstream out there,certainly including yourself.
Yes you did miss the point , you tried comprehending what was nothing but dribble from a random bullshit generator. Kind of like what you use.

and take a chance on voicing a true opinion of the conundrum as you see it-
There isnt any conundrum.

Carry on.

gotitat last
5th June 2015, 05:47 PM
Yes you did miss the point , you tried comprehending what was nothing but dribble from a random bullshit generator. Kind of like what you use.

There isnt any conundrum.

Carry on.
that"s your problem MR Blake-i always knew you were a B.S.,and just went along with the game ,as your diatribe was so badly constructed,that a 10 year old could see through it.
then again,i did respect your rantings regardless,as you seemed to be accepted by the rest of the forum as someone who lives in a delusional world,maybe due to your age-who knows.

anyway-enough focus on "bad lies" for the time being
today,i happened to stumble on a very interesting discovery. as you know,i always said my wrist pronation with my left hand at address was askew. it turns out that i was focusing on the wrong thing-my wrist. anyway,i ended up making sure my upper arm was not pronating at address,and lo and behold, my backswing ended up on a truer plane.

anyway,don't worry about what i said-if it makes you feel good,keep on truckin".
we all understand

Captain Nemo
5th June 2015, 06:28 PM
You in Sydney?
I'm free this weekend....

timah!
5th June 2015, 06:35 PM
You in Sydney?
I'm free this weekend....

No, he's in De Nile

razaar
5th June 2015, 07:00 PM
Gotitat old mate
Why would you pronate the left forearm in the back swing? You do realize that a pronated wrist at the top has the palm facing upwards. When the arm is angled downwards it is the opposite when it is angled upwards. It can be confusing. Think counterclockwise and clockwise instead of pronation and supination which relate to forearm rotation rather than the extended arm.

3oneday
5th June 2015, 07:12 PM
Supple wrist is handy in his game.

mrbluu
5th June 2015, 09:19 PM
Supple wrist is handy in his game.
Thats good for showering as well.

razaar
6th June 2015, 08:33 AM
Will a proper full turn swing feel more like a punch shot to those of us who are overswingers (arm overun)?A proper swing with the club on plane - one end of the shaft pointing at the extended plane line (ball/target line) at all times in the swing except when it is parallel with the ground and plane line - has the feeling that both forearms are rotating counter-clockwise under waist high in the back swing which becomes clockwise on the way to the top. The right elbow remains above the right hip and pointing down throughout. This is the stuff they never seem to mention. Probably because it is the opposite of what feels comfortable. But when you think about it, it does make sense to arrive at a square clubface (90%) to the plane line at the top. The rotation of the clubface needs to be resisted to coincide with the turning of the shoulders plus the natural clockwise turn of the forearms (which opens the clubface) during the first stages of the pivot. As Hogan stated in one of his famous quotes - reverse every natural instinct of what you are inclined to do and you will probably end up with the perfect swing.

markTHEblake
6th June 2015, 06:00 PM
as your diatribe was so badly constructed,that a 10 year old could see through it.

Its was perfectly constructed random bullshit, the coding behind that is very impressive.

today,i happened to stumble on a very interesting discovery. as you know,i always said my wrist pronation with my left hand at address was askew. it turns out that i was focusing on the wrong thing-my wrist. anyway,i ended up making sure my upper arm was not pronating at address,and lo and behold, my backswing ended up on a truer plane.

Most golfers are not moving at address, except for maybe Steady Eddy.

gotitat last
16th June 2015, 06:18 PM
Its was perfectly constructed random bullshit, the coding behind that is very impressive.

Most golfers are not moving at address, except for maybe Steady Eddy.
hi mr blake-long time no see.
i have been stuffing around with my swing,trying to improve things,but my problem is that my newest theory only lasts for a short time,then i am back to square one. what you must realize is that i am always going to find this game difficult,because i am not flexible enough.
that"s why it is incredibly difficult to find a consistent formula for the perfect swing.
anyway,i won"t bother you with the details of my latest theory,except that it was sourced from a little book i read 20 years ago,written by a doctor. basically,it was to do with the left shoulder. i think i may have misinterpreted what the good doctor was trying to convey in the past.
i hope so anyway,as the initial results are incredibly promising ,so i will give it fair testing time before i bother you with any details.

Captain Nemo
16th June 2015, 06:22 PM
Gotitatlast in now unemployed so have a little bit of spare time on my hands...
When can I come around for lessons, need something before the nsw champs in 2 weeks time?

gotitat last
17th June 2015, 06:20 PM
When can I come around for lessons, need something before the nsw champs in 2 weeks time?
captain nemo-you may jest with my predicament as i am just a hacker trying to find the solution.
this will not help you as you are obviously a good golfer,but today was an eye opener for me. i found out that it is nothing to do with my left shoulder as per "the little book".
this is more to do with the way i used to set up with the arm/wrist/hand. i was not relaxing the "joint" between the hand and wrist/arm,causing my whole golfing problem,as the arm/wrist was facing wrongly at address,causing my shoulders to lock. the hand should feel totally independent of the wrist at address and during setup. my lack of flexibility has nothing to do with my problem.
wow,how could i have been so stupid! the actual swing now just feels so unrestricted,and the follow thru has that effortless whip,without focusing on shoulder.

i must admit,i may not have helped anyone here on the forum except ironically myself,as it has forced me to try and find the solution to my own woes .

Captain Nemo
18th June 2015, 08:02 AM
That's great.
I'm free today playing tomorrow.
When's good for you?

3oneday
18th June 2015, 08:06 AM
You sure his shed is big enough for the two of you?

Captain Nemo
18th June 2015, 08:10 AM
I promise I'll only take 1set of clubs, and in a stand bag.

Yossarian
18th June 2015, 09:42 AM

I hadn't heard much about this...

gotitat last
22nd June 2015, 02:53 PM
I promise I'll only take 1set of clubs, and in a stand bag.
no need captain,i have a beginners set i kept from years ago.

gotitat last
22nd June 2015, 02:55 PM
You sure his shed is big enough for the two of you?
only when i exhale my mighty chest to "average" golfer"s size

3oneday
22nd June 2015, 03:17 PM
Groovy.

gotitat last
22nd June 2015, 03:19 PM
I hadn't heard much about this...
as you seem to be a person who can appreciate quality, i am going to divulge a "secret" to you today, that could make this whole overrated game just so simple.

as you know ,i have always thought that because of my muscular traits,i would never be able to play golf or tennis,as i thought i was inflexible.

absolute hogwash-today i can assure you that i found the secret, not so much for your average scratch players who have no idea why they hit the ball so well anyway,but the hacker who needs the proverbial "quick fix' to golfing woes.

it is so simple, and has nothing to do with the left shoulder or arm.
it"s the left hand grip-more specifically the thumb and index finger. this also applies to to a L/H tennis backhand,which i could never do properly.

i think i have found a solution that could turn this money making industry into bull dust,exactly where it belongs,and i would venture to say that a lot of vested interests will not be pleased.

3oneday
22nd June 2015, 03:23 PM
You do appear to have a heavy focus on how you hang onto it.

Steve57
22nd June 2015, 04:22 PM
as you seem to be a person who can appreciate quality, i am going to divulge a "secret" to you today, that could make this whole overrated game just so simple.

as you know ,i have always thought that because of my muscular traits,i would never be able to play golf or tennis,as i thought i was inflexible.

absolute hogwash-today i can assure you that i found the secret, not so much for your average scratch players who have no idea why they hit the ball so well anyway,but the hacker who needs the proverbial "quick fix' to golfing woes.

it"s the left hand grip-more specifically the thumb and index finger. this also applies to to a L/H tennis backhand,which i could never do properly.

i think i have found a solution that could turn this money making industry into bull dust,exactly where it belongs,and i would venture to say that a lot of vested interests will not be pleased.
The only bull dust around here is in your posts!

Yossarian
22nd June 2015, 04:55 PM

My LH backhand is better than my RH backhand. I play golf RH. Should I be playing LH?