PDA

View Full Version : Pinglauncher vs Brad- Carnarvon 30/4/06

Pinglauncher
26th March 2006, 06:56 PM
Brad, I suppose we need to start thinking of where and when we can play our match. I have not played for a month due to my back and hope to make a comeback next Sunday. I would not mind a week or two to see how things pull up so maybe mid April onwards ???

brad
27th March 2006, 12:39 PM
Sounds good to me - Amanda and I are playing mixed foursomes weekends of 1 April and 8 April. I think we are also out weekend of the 23rd (going to The Vintage). So that leaves the following dates:

- 15 April
- 16 April
- 29 April
- 30 April

Let me know what your preferences are and we'll organise a venue.

Pinglauncher
27th March 2006, 12:43 PM
Sounds good to me - Amanda and I are playing mixed foursomes weekends of 1 April and 8 April. I think we are also out weekend of the 23rd (going to The Vintage). So that leaves the following dates:

- 15 April
- 16 April
- 29 April
- 30 April

Let me know what your preferences are and we'll organise a venue.

Brad, I am on standby for work the weekend of 15 & 16/4 so happy to look at the other 2 dates.

brad
27th March 2006, 07:22 PM
OK then, now for somewhere to play - any ideas - anybody.

Tell you what, I wouldn't mind playing Carnavon even if it is your home course. Only played there once and liked it - and the chicken souvlaki - mmmm!

Trung
27th March 2006, 07:32 PM
and the chicken souvlaki - mmmm!

2nd that :mrgreen:

connico
27th March 2006, 07:45 PM
im inviting myself to that chicken souvlaki... hehehe

3oneday
27th March 2006, 09:26 PM
The smoked salmon is ok as well !!!

:)

Pinglauncher
28th March 2006, 06:29 AM
The smoked salmon is ok as well !!!

:)

Yeh Yeh rub it in. Why not post some photos :smt039

Pinglauncher
28th March 2006, 06:33 AM
OK then, now for somewhere to play - any ideas - anybody.

Tell you what, I wouldn't mind playing Carnavon even if it is your home course. Only played there once and liked it - and the chicken souvlaki - mmmm!

Carnarvon is fine by me as I only have to walk up the road :smt023 but happy to look at other options.

Do you want to try for Sunday 30th ???

3oneday
28th March 2006, 06:51 AM
Yeh Yeh rub it in. Why not post some photos :smt039
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/3034/1stcourse2vx.th.jpg (http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1stcourse2vx.jpg)

brad
28th March 2006, 11:38 AM
Wow - quick turn around on the photo!

brad
28th March 2006, 11:40 AM
30th is fine. Could you take care of the bookings?

Edit: Amanda can't make it that day, but game is still fine for then

connico
28th March 2006, 12:07 PM
hope im the lists of starters :)

Pinglauncher
28th March 2006, 12:19 PM
30th is fine. Could you take care of the bookings?

Edit: Amanda can't make it that day, but game is still fine for then

Brad, I'll book it. Sheets come out a week in advance so will do it then. Is after 11:00 suitable as it gives me time to take my daughter to swimming in the morning.

Pinglauncher
28th March 2006, 12:21 PM
hope im the lists of starters :)

At the moment we have

1. Pinglauncher
2. Brad
3. Connico
4. Ping Jnr

Nathan will more than likely be the 4th but he is happy to play with or without DAD so if others want to turn up let me know.

brad
28th March 2006, 12:33 PM
Time sounds fine to me......bring on the chicken souvlaki!!! :)

connico
29th March 2006, 09:00 AM
God i love playing courses that i can sleep in for...carnarvon is so close....

Just hope i dont see my ex boss there...

amanda
29th March 2006, 10:25 AM
Time sounds fine to me......bring on the chicken souvlaki!!! :)
Remember to bring home a chicken souvlaki for me :)

brad
29th March 2006, 11:09 AM
Remember to bring home a chicken souvlaki for me :)

You can caddy for me if you want and I'll shout you one :)

Or is that against the rules ..

connico
29th March 2006, 11:10 AM
if amanda can make it to caddie for you??...umm wouldnt she just play a round??...umm der...

brad
29th March 2006, 11:19 AM
if amanda can make it to caddie for you??...umm wouldnt she just play a round??...umm der...

Young single people ... :roll:

It's called individual choice. Amanda doesn't want to play that day, doesn't mean she can't walk the course if she wants. And I'm not going to force her either way!

Local Carny guys, is there a time limit on when the half way house is open ... I don't want to be carrying a souvlaki around the course in my bag :)

connico
29th March 2006, 11:37 AM
hey hey now now dont blame it on my singledom... i only know that if i could get on a course and have the time for it i would play it, instead of caddying for someone unless i get something back...yeah you know what i mean

amanda
29th March 2006, 12:04 PM
Connico - we're not all pulling in $4k a week like you! The rest of us have to budget our funds carefully to play golf and live the lifestyle we have become accustomed to :)

connico
29th March 2006, 12:25 PM
Ill shout then ;) happy to share the wealth around...and yes that offer only extends to amanda...dont want her to caddie when she would rather play

and the days of earning that much will be over soon my contract ends in a month...be back to normal wage next month...and normal hours dont know if i should celebrate or be depressed...

amanda
29th March 2006, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the offer - but you'll need to keep saving for that car :)

I'm actually looking forward to a weekend that doesn't involve golf - might spend the day reading a good book.

connico
29th March 2006, 01:54 PM
yeah im almost there but 30bucks isnt going to hurt the budget lol....

a good book is good, but i do all my reading at night, leaves the day time for golf..

brad
30th March 2006, 12:04 PM
OK - Back to topic ;) Is there anyone that wishes to join us?

I believe that the current line up is ...

1. Pinglauncher
2. Brad
3. Connico
4. Ping Jnr

Pinglauncher
21st April 2006, 11:10 AM
I will be booking tonight for 4

Brad
Connico
Pinglauncher
Titleist Boy

Will notify later with times.

TS
21st April 2006, 11:40 AM
Connico - we're not all pulling in $4k a week like you! The rest of us have to budget our funds carefully to play golf and live the lifestyle we have become accustomed to :)

So Connico doesn't get pay very well. He should start looking for a job that pay better.

connico
21st April 2006, 11:44 AM
So Connico doesn't get pay very well. He should start looking for a job that pay better.

you get paid to much TS...ffs..i wanna be old and experienced, then ill get the right money :)

then again TS i think you might have missed read what amanda said lol :)

Pinglauncher
21st April 2006, 06:37 PM
We're in at 11:07

Bring it on

connico
21st April 2006, 06:55 PM
cool be there early this time to do some practice! :)

amanda
24th April 2006, 09:21 AM
Thanks p/l - I'll advise brad of the time (he's pretty flat out at work atm and hasn't been on the forums in a while)

connico
24th April 2006, 09:49 AM
cool, you still caddying for brad on the day?

brad
24th April 2006, 09:50 AM
Just got on to read this post and reply - Yep looking forward to it :)

amanda
24th April 2006, 10:31 AM
cool, you still caddying for brad on the day?

I think I will be at home madly working on something needed for my PhD.

connico
28th April 2006, 04:42 PM
confirming for the 30th, ill be there with bells on, jim going to join us ping?

and i might have a new toy to try out lol :)

Pinglauncher
28th April 2006, 04:54 PM
confirming for the 30th, ill be there with bells on, jim going to join us ping?

and i might have a new toy to try out lol :)

Sundays unfortunately is one member / one visitor so Jim won't be here for this one.

What is the new toy, may I ask

connico
28th April 2006, 04:58 PM
905T, well see how it goes, i think titleist boy will be pleasently suprised! :p

Pinglauncher
28th April 2006, 05:07 PM
905T, well see how it goes, i think titleist boy will be pleasently suprised! :p

He'll be wrapped =D>

Might be plenty of fairways hit with the new beast and a break out round for you.

connico
29th April 2006, 12:48 PM
hhhehe well see, hit it at the range today, went long and straight, i was pretty happy with it, not as long and straight matt when he nailed it, but longer and straighter and higher then my mizuno...hmm

Pinglauncher
30th April 2006, 04:28 PM
It was definately a game of 2 halves today at Carnarvon.

After 9 holes (back nine first) with no halves Pinglauncher turned 3 up. We halved the first and second holes and then Brad won the next 4 on the trot to go 1 up. The remaining 3 holes were halved with me missing 4 footers for the win on each hole.

I guess we both missed a few opportunities but Brad hung in tough where it counted down the stretch so congratulations on a solid win.

Final results for the day were : -

Match Play

Brad 1 up

Stableford Scores

Titleist Boy 35 (18,17)
Brad 30 (14,16)
Pinglauncher 29 (17,12)
Connico 25 (12,13)

Nathan was pretty solid again today and both Brad and I probably made some bad club choices based on match play thinking which cost us both points at critical times. Connico on the other hand had a very heavy night and was not at his best.

The company was great and hopefully a happy day was had by all.

Jarro
30th April 2006, 04:32 PM
congrats Brad

Grunt
30th April 2006, 04:35 PM
Congrats Brad, will update results tonight or tomorrow.

connico
30th April 2006, 04:38 PM
heavy drinking, hangovers does not produce a good result, maybe should have keep on the drinking and i wouldnt of felt so sick. Damn waste of a fine round, driver was ok. Only took one long straight drive away today, but thats enough to make me think i might keep the thing. You'll know if i keep it if i name it.

Hmm

Pinglauncher
30th April 2006, 04:40 PM
heaving drinking, hang over does not produce a good result, maybe should have keep on the drinking and i wouldnt of felt so sick. Damn waste of a fine round, driver was ok. Only took one long straight drive away today, but thats enough to make me think i might keep the thing. You'll know if i keep it if i name it.

Hmm

From what I saw today, I think the driver should stay. When you trusted your swing it was pretty solid and I think the loft and shaft is a good mix for you.

Sell the Mizuno and don't give it a second thought.

brad
2nd May 2006, 08:05 AM
Sorry for not posting sooner .... work can be a bummer.

Thanks guys and thanks to Chris for organising the day. I had a great time and finally good to catch up with PL and PingJnr (who will one day be hitting it a mile :shock: ). I was fairly awed by what I consider Chris's straight play off the tee.

I can now say that I can remember most holes at Carnarvon, so that is a plus. I have also found an uncontrollable way of moving the ball from right to left, but it is the first time in my golfing history that I have been able to do that so I am sort of stoked.

I'll take away two humerous memories from this day:

1) my driver into a tree and having it rebound 3 teeboxes to the right and still making the green in 3 to have a four putt and lose the hole :oops:

2) Connico on the last using a duck as a backboard to stop a thinned shot out of a bunker :shock: :mrgreen: - classic