PDA

View Full Version : HTPC cases.

goughy
2nd April 2015, 09:27 AM
Anyone use or know much about them? Only had a little look around but does anyone know of any that aren't insanely expensive but look ok? Only really found some by Silverstone (ony ones I found at umart), which seem ok. And how much space should I really need around it? It seems the ones I've found are 440mm wide. My cabinet space is 170h x 480w x 480d (though it's 220h inside the cabinet itself, so more space there). I could move the amp into that slot, freeing up one that's 640mm wide. The motherboard is uATX (assuming that's micro atx), couple of hdd's (wouldn't mind room for a third) and a bluray drive. Video is intergrated and only card is the TV tuner.

Anyone got any suggestions worth a look at? And I'm assuming, that regardless of what the case looks like, you have to put up with the unmatching look of the bluray drive? Or are there some that have a covering door (it's current case, thermaltake soprano, has a door covering the whole front)?

I shouldn't need any psu etc (have a fairly new corsair cx430), have some 12cm fans though some I've seen include fans. And only need access to one or two front usb, no need for card readers etc. Wouldn't mind one that doesn't have a front led etc. I have the ones in our current case covered over. The blinking is annoying.

goughy
2nd April 2015, 09:37 AM
This is the thing I like so far.
https://www.umart.com.au/umart1/pro/Products-details.phtml?id=10&id2=215&bid=2&sid=164287

Anything else worth a gander? Or am I pushing it with airflow and cooling with a 151mm high case, there's about 7mm above the case once it's pushed past the 170mm high opening.