PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 30 March

AlexMc
2nd April 2015, 07:31 AM
Rare mid-week round for me - another round under 80! 42/36 for 78 (8 over) and 40 points off 12. Played poor out the front, but 2 birdies out the back (both 4 pointers) helped offset a 3 putt and a penalty...That is 5 rounds under 80 this year after not breaking 80 for 3.5 years...

Anfield
2nd April 2015, 07:32 PM
+5 in a par event at lynwood today
Which was an 81 off the stick and a PB
Handicap still heading in the right direction

nadg63
3rd April 2015, 01:48 PM
Decided to have a hit today, so played my home club, The Vines. Very windy and bloody cold too first thing, even had to borrow a jumper as mine wasn't in it's usual place stuffed in my golf bag!?

Anyway, 17pts front nine, :) then a 3 followed by a 2 pointer through 11, (reasonably happy at this point in time), then FOUR consecutive wipes! At least I suppose I did set a new personal record for the day, never had 4 on the trot before :roll: Thing is I didn't feel that I played that badly to make my score card look so horrible, but the scores don't lie. Finished with 3x 2 pointers for a grand total of 28 points - oh well, still beat being at work on a Friday.

AlexMc
3rd April 2015, 03:19 PM
Good Friday 4 Ball Stab in Dubbo today - 40/41 for 81 off 12 - 38 points. Really poor start (Par-Triple-Bogey-Double) to recover for 18 points (par the rest of the way in). Three-putted the last hole to miss breaking 80 which was disappointing.

Should get my exact handicap below 11 (10.7 or so). I think the good thing is that I'll have plenty of time to figure out how to play off 11 or 12 - I don't lose a flagged round for 11 rounds!

jimandr
3rd April 2015, 04:47 PM
We'll have to teach you how to post your ordinary rounds, Alex, not just your good ones.

If I only posted good ones I wouldn't post here at all, or alternatively I'd make an incomplete post, because I can't seem to play well for all 18 holes. Another frustrating 35 points at Ballina today, with three three-putt double bogeys and 11 pars in my first 14 holes, then a bit of a late collapse, highlighted by a buried lie in a wet bunker where I could barely see the ball. Wipe City on that one.

Still, I'm waiting with baited breath for the final result to see if my pro-pin held up. I need the pro-shop credit to pay for a lesson, I think.

mrbluu
3rd April 2015, 06:06 PM
+5 in a par event at lynwood today
Which was an 81 off the stick and a PB
Handicap still heading in the right direction
Well done mate.

mrbluu
3rd April 2015, 06:07 PM
I played cabra today. 33points.

Played well I stretches again tofay but just didn't hit enough good shots. Putter well without luck as I had a few massive lipouts.

Stats
1 x birdie
6 x GIR
1 x 3 putts
30putts.

Steve
3rd April 2015, 06:52 PM
36 points today at Bankstown.

AlexMc
3rd April 2015, 07:13 PM
We'll have to teach you how to post your ordinary rounds, Alex, not just your good ones.If I only posted good ones I wouldn't post here at all, or alternatively I'd make an incomplete post, because I can't seem to play well for all 18 holes.Next time I have an ordinary round I promise I'll post it ;-)I've been on a bit of a tear - I have flagged rounds from 8 of my last 9 and I've only just started posting my rounds...(Probably medal next weekend I'd suggest...)

Lucasto23
4th April 2015, 04:49 PM
Had 42 points today around royal Jindalee, preferred lie and bunkers out of play mean it won't be handicapped but still pretty stoked about shooting square.

mrbluu
4th April 2015, 04:50 PM
Had 42 points today around royal Jindalee, preferred lie and bunkers out of play mean it won't be handicapped but still pretty stoked about shooting square.
Nice work mate, noe to buy some clubs to celebrate!!!

Lucasto23
4th April 2015, 04:51 PM
You know I already did before the round ;)

mrbluu
4th April 2015, 04:52 PM
You know I already did before the round ;)
That was so this morning, u need an afternoon fix....maybe so recoil iron shafts[emoji1]

Lucasto23
4th April 2015, 04:53 PM
Damn saw those, chasing virge about a sldr 3 wood ;)

KristianJ
4th April 2015, 04:55 PM
Damn saw those, chasing virge about a sldr 3 wood ;)

Excellent choice, sir!

G.K
4th April 2015, 06:06 PM
Managed to piece together a good score today. Put a few of my tee shots in less than desirable places which meant there was a bit of scrambling involved. I kept the slate clean as far as wipes go which was a nice change. Finished solidly too instead of wiping the last 2 or 3 holes as I often seem to do.

5 doubles
3 bogeys
7 pars
3 birdies
39 points (16/23)
82 off the beater which is my best to date around Secret Harbour.

Will be interesting to see how close this one gets me to dropping the cap below 10.

PeteyD
4th April 2015, 06:12 PM
38 points at Reddy in the slop today. 16 points on the front, with 3 one pointers. Played a lot better on the back 9, 41 off the stick for 22 points. Round 2 tomorrow if we get no more rain.

benno_r
4th April 2015, 06:47 PM
Couple rounds this holiday period at Maryborough.

Friday 3 April. Single Stab with Shane788 and Timah. Played very well around the 1st 2/3s of the course, +4 through 12. Wheels fell off with some ordinary driving to finish 83 off the stick for 35pts.

1st run for RBZ tours with Super Peening Blue, and Srixon Z545 driver with Harrison Striper H2 shaft. Both very excellent additions to the stable.

20/15 35pts
1x triple
2x double
7x bogey
8x par
6/13 FIR
3 GIR
1x 3putts
30 putts

Saturday 4 April. Stroke monthly medal. Original group at 8:30 cancelled when visitors pulled out. Rescheduled to 12:15. Played the front very poorly. a Double on 6, and a quad on 8 hiting a booming draw into the piss. Played the back nine in +3 to play to handicap. Shot of the day was 190m hybrid to 3i on 18.

Took the Covert Forged/Steelfiber irons out today. Massive difference going from 125g iron shafts to 95g iron shafts. Pulled everything for the front nine, but adjusted tempo accordingly to hit a number of good iron shots on the back.

83/70
1x quad
1x double
8x bogey
7x par
1x birdie
5/13 FIR
3 GIR
0x 3putts
28putts

davidw88
4th April 2015, 07:27 PM
Played monthly medal today, 74 for 72 nett first time I have played off a 2 handicap.

BenM
4th April 2015, 07:28 PM
Chopped it again today with 32pts (16/16) off 11.

Played some good holes and some awful holes, just too inconsistent. The worst part was the 2 putts from well inside 3 feet that I missed due to lack of concentration.

Looking forward to 36 holes on Monday!

backintheswing
6th April 2015, 12:35 PM
41 points yesterday at Oxley. I could not believe how wet the course was. Even par. Found out after the round it was lift, clean and place. I could have done with that on a few holes. Played to 1. New cap 3.8.

mrbluu
6th April 2015, 12:46 PM
Played with 2 old mates and I'm glad I don't play much golf with them anymore. They are just way to slow!!! We had no one in from of is and still took over 4.5hours for a round. Playing slow players really affects my game....I need to find a way to play better when I'm in an slow group as they do my head in.

Anyway once again hit the ball OK in stretches and hole some putts but made what too many errors going out for only 13 points.

After 3 putting the first for a double and them bogeying 2, I played 1 under thr rest of the way in. I also lipped out from just off the green on 9, for 19points and 32 total.

It was also a strange round on the greens with 4 x 3 putts and 8 x 1 putts.

Stats
1 x birdie
8 x 1 putts
4 x 3 putts
30 putts
5 x GIR

Lucasto23
6th April 2015, 01:19 PM
41 points yesterday at Oxley. I could not believe how wet the course was. Even par. Found out after the round it was lift, clean and place. I could have done with that on a few holes. Played to 1. New cap 3.8. Well played ash

Lucasto23
6th April 2015, 01:20 PM
Played with 2 old mates and I'm glad I don't play much golf with them anymore. They are just way to slow!!! We had no one in from of is and still took over 4.5hours for a round. Playing slow players really affects my game....I need to find a way to play better when I'm in an slow group as they do my head in.Anyway once again hit the ball OK in stretches and hole some putts but made what too many errors going out for only 13 points. After 3 putting the first for a double and them bogeying 2, I played 1 under thr rest of the way in. I also lipped out from just off the green on 9, for 19points and 32 total.It was also a strange round on the greens with 4 x 3 putts and 8 x 1 putts. Stats1 x birdie8 x 1 putts4 x 3 putts 30 putts5 x GIR That sucks bihn but good comeback. Let me know when you figure it out as it does my head in as well

coalesce
6th April 2015, 01:46 PM
30 points with 3 wipes today at The Vines. Got round in 3 hrs 15 mins as it was so quiet. Lots of people staying away because of the rain, which also stayed away.

Lowlights: a 4 putt on 17 after hitting the green in 2. 2 missed 1 footers (not same hole!) due to lack of concentration. Still not parring 13 and 17 despite decent tee shots

Highlights: Driver behaving itself. Recovering to get 5 for 1 after hitting my first into the yum yums on 14. Still liking the S56s too

Hatchman
6th April 2015, 02:29 PM
30 points with 3 wipes today at The Vines. Got round in 3 hrs 15 mins as it was so quiet. Lots of people staying away because of the rain, which also stayed away.

Lowlights: a 4 putt on 17 after hitting the green in 2. 2 missed 1 footers (not same hole!) due to lack of concentration. Still not parring 13 and 17 despite decent tee shots

Highlights: Driver behaving itself. Recovering to get 5 for 1 after hitting my first into the yum yums on 14. Still liking the S56s too

Any meow noises while this was happening.

coalesce
6th April 2015, 03:16 PM
Any meow noises while this was happening.

No but there should have been. The first was way way short. Second 3ft past. 3rd just past. 4th was a tap in

highballin
6th April 2015, 04:07 PM
No but there should have been. The first was way way short. Second 3ft past. 3rd just past. 4th was a tap in

benno_r
6th April 2015, 04:09 PM
Monday 6 April. Single Stab. Original group at 7:00 cancelled when visitors pulled out. Rescheduled to 12:00. Bit of a common theme here this week. Made the most of the late start ripping out a couple of big Yukka's out of the garden.

Took out the 3rd new set for the weekend. Cobra Bio Cell Driver, Covert 3w, dHy hybrid, i5's and MPT10 wedges.

Started poorly going double/double/bogey. Went bird/bird with some laser i5's, then par/bog/bog finishing with an i5 to 48cm on the par 3 ninth. Turned with 18pts (+4).

10/11/12 were scrappy pars, then some steady par/bogey golfthrough the end saw the back nine finish with 20pts.

Equipment notes:
Modus 120 shafts ARE THE BEST STEEL SHAFTS MADE by a wide margin.
Mizuno T series wedges ARE THE BEST WEDGES MADE, but only just over Scratch.

Golfer notes:
Tried the Nike, the Srixon and the Cobra drivers in the last week. This golfer drives the ball like a busted arse!

80/68 - 18/20 38pts
3x double
7x bogey
5x par
3x birdie
4/13 FIR
5 GIR
0x 3putts
29putts

oldracer
6th April 2015, 08:40 PM
Monday 6 April. Single Stab. Original group at 7:00 cancelled when visitors pulled out. Rescheduled to 12:00. Bit of a common theme here this week. Made the most of the late start ripping out a couple of big Yukka's out of the garden.

Took out the 3rd new set for the weekend. Cobra Bio Cell Driver, Covert 3w, dHy hybrid, i5's and MPT10 wedges.

Started poorly going double/double/bogey. Went bird/bird with some laser i5's, then par/bog/bog finishing with an i5 to 48cm on the par 3 ninth. Turned with 18pts (+4).

10/11/12 were scrappy pars, then some steady par/bogey golfthrough the end saw the back nine finish with 20pts.

Equipment notes:
Modus 120 shafts ARE THE BEST STEEL SHAFTS MADE by a wide margin.
Mizuno T series wedges ARE THE BEST WEDGES MADE, but only just over Scratch.

Golfer notes:
Tried the Nike, the Srixon and the Cobra drivers in the last week. This golfer drives the ball like a busted arse!

80/68 - 18/20 38pts
3x double
7x bogey
5x par
3x birdie
4/13 FIR
5 GIR
0x 3putts
29putts545 no good mate????

oldracer
6th April 2015, 08:44 PM
Well played DaveW and Bits, Binh, relax, drink beers and have a chat, life's good

benno_r
6th April 2015, 08:49 PM
545 no good mate????

It's ok, no better or worse than the Nike or Cobra. Took the cobra out today to see if it was equipment or golfer.

Clearly its equipment, all my drivers suck!! :D

mrbluu
6th April 2015, 09:15 PM
Well played ash
+1

That sucks bihn but good comeback. Let me know when you figure it out as it does my head in as well
Will do mate but I can't see that happening soon....:-(

Here is a example of one of being clueless about being slow. We have just played 2 holes and there was no one in front of us, I said to one of them "there is no one in front of us let's see if we can do a round in 4 hours." He goes I havent played a 4 hour round in ages.....gees I wonder why!!!

Well played DaveW and Bits, Binh, relax, drink beers and have a chat, life's good
Life is great mate. I got over it after about 8 holes and really disappointed in myself for letting it affect my game.

I was completely over it by the time we fished our round (1 putting 5 out of thr last 6 greens also helps brighten the mood) and I stopped in for some brers with other mates after the round as the boys took off as they had Easter commitments.

Micdeez
8th April 2015, 10:07 AM
I played cabra today. 33points.

Played well I stretches again tofay but just didn't hit enough good shots. Putter well without luck as I had a few massive lipouts.

Stats
1 x birdie
6 x GIR
1 x 3 putts
30putts.

This was a good day, I enjoyed Cabra. And good job on your round.

Surprised that my score didn't improve, as I felt that my swing and striking had improved since my last comp round. Think I only shanked it once or twice :P

Either way, what makes it memorable is the playing group. You, Mark and Stuart are a good sort (no homo).