PDA

View Full Version : The end of my 3 weeks as a pro (well did nothing but play golf)

hack7250
31st March 2015, 09:29 AM
So being new to the sport I had my 3 cards in when my holidays started. And with my trusty handicap of 30 I was ready to begin. As you can tell by that I am as my name suggests just a hacker and didn't think I'd ever be able to cut .it on a golf course. So I now have 15 cards in and I'm down to 22.3 im guessing it's gonna be a hard slog from here to become a bogey golfer, at least it's close. So a couple of highlights 2 chip ins one from about 60 out and one from just of. Had 42 points and a 40 in comp and got a -1 playing par at my local club which was good enough for second on the day. Worst round was playing stroke when for some reason I just kept going for the impossible shots between trees instead of the safe punch and it cost me with a 107. Loving the game and hope it doesn't go to crap now that I'm not going to be able to play as much.
Cheers
Hack

mrbluu
31st March 2015, 09:32 AM
Great work hack, keep up the good work!!!

benno_r
31st March 2015, 09:33 AM
You might suck at formatting, but you are getting better at golf. Well done!

Getting to bogey isn't too hard - course management, and not wasting putts.

Have fun getting there - 18 isn't the best target, I'd aim for a H/C around 15. That means you will rarely play a course where you will get 2 shots on any hole.

Dotty
31st March 2015, 09:35 AM
Sounds great.

As your handicap comes down, that 42 points will seem like a distant memory.

On the plus side, you'll now get more rounds in the low 30's than the low 20's.

hack7250
31st March 2015, 10:06 AM
Thanks guys the thing I'm enjoying at the moment is that as each round passes I'm called bandit less and less. 😉

3Puttpete
31st March 2015, 06:16 PM
Worst round was playing stroke when for some reason I just kept going for the impossible shots between trees instead of the safe punch and it cost me with a 107.

On the bright side you learned a lesson. The trick now is to remember it.

Nice work.