PDA

View Full Version : Tipping Comp - How long will Williams' be rubbed out for?

Fishman Dan
20th July 2004, 03:08 PM
Well - papers are saying that Danny Williams' shot the other night is worth 18 weeks. What's your tip?

AndyP
20th July 2004, 03:19 PM
Well - papers are saying that Danny Williams' shot the other night is worth 18 weeks. What's your tip?
Don't watch league, but this was cowardly.
Not that much left of this season, so give him all of next season as well.
No idea what he will actually get though.

3oneday
20th July 2004, 03:22 PM
Hoppa got 9 weeks for VERBALLY assaulting :smt084 someone, my guess would be 16 weeks. I thought Brendan Cannons was a better quality punch, great short right [-X

Pete

Fishman Dan
20th July 2004, 03:31 PM
I thought Brendan Cannons was a better quality punch, great short right [-X

How good was that shot?! Put into perspective though - Mealamu slapped him with the girliest punch i've seen, and Cannon didn't miss in reply! But it was in retaliation, he didn't throw the first one. Anyone know what Mealamu got? Cannon came out bloodied as well, so it's not like Mealamu missed on his 2nd effort. :smt062

Thing i can't stand with Hoppa is that every time he does something stupid, someone stands up and says "I feel sorry for his family...." - please explain?!

3oneday
26th July 2004, 01:53 PM
"I feel sorry for his family...." - please explain?!

He's got 7 kids, one on the way because in his religion or whatever seven is unlucky. No wonder he's a bit loopy, I only have 2 kids and I'm off the wall half the time :lol:

Jarro
26th July 2004, 02:19 PM
put me down for 20 weeks 8)

3oneday
26th July 2004, 03:13 PM
Now, if Williams was a Rooster......

Ricky Stuart would be claiming he didn't actually hit him :lol:

Fishman Dan
26th July 2004, 03:20 PM
I've gotta say though - and not in Williams' defence, but after he slugs the poor bastard, he stumbles like he himself is a little concussed.

The whole defence of the Storm makes a mockery out of being cited. Did he bash the Tiger? Yes. Book 'em Danno.

In all honesty, it would be 'nice' if the judiciary acknowledges he may well have been concussed, and it was "Out of character" for a bloke who has had 12 years in the game - but he should still get 16+ weeks.

Jarro
26th July 2004, 04:17 PM
Now, if Williams was a Rooster......

Ricky Stuart would be claiming he didn't actually hit him :lol:

..and Gus Gould would scream the house down and get him off :roll:

damoocow
26th July 2004, 07:47 PM
I think he should get off with no suspension and the wankers on the footy show who preach 'bring back the biff' - should get 6 months
damoocow

Jarro
5th August 2004, 05:17 AM
I think he was lucky he only got 18 weeks :o

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10347036-23209,00.html

3oneday
5th August 2004, 07:47 AM
Like most polls held these days, there should always be that third option, WHO CARES !!!!!!!!!

:lol: Pete

Fishman Dan
5th August 2004, 08:13 AM
So the winner - 18 weeks. Although an honourable mention for 16 weeks as the judiciary claimed he's already spent 2 weeks on the sidelines.

Suspension is world-wide - so he can't even get a gig at that other half-arsed comp in the UK.

So, if he's off contract at the end of the year then he'll miss 5 more games - down to 11. Beyond that, no club signs him up, so he doesn't really serve out any more of his suspension - effectively he's still got an 11 week ban for the rest of his life. So no backyard footy with the kids either i guess?