PDA

View Full Version : Nike TW15....anyone seen them here?

fredstar
20th March 2015, 04:56 PM
Haven't seem them locally and the Nike AU website is a joke.

Anybody seen them in stores in Sydney or elsewhere??

I asked at Powergolf but they were like..."ah yeah I think we'll get them"

gumby
20th March 2015, 07:02 PM
Would like to know too. Australia is such a joke when it comes to golf products

22nd March 2015, 02:58 PM
I know this doesn't answer the question directly, but GolfSmith have a $25 coupon on them at the moment:
http://www.golfsmith.com/search?Ntt=tw15

Probably cheaper than buying them domestically. From memory the TW14s were $279AUD at launch.

Haven't seem them locally and the Nike AU website is a joke.

Anybody seen them in stores in Sydney or elsewhere??

I asked at Powergolf but they were like..."ah yeah I think we'll get them"

Captain Nemo
22nd March 2015, 03:41 PM
Aren't they all mesh, bloody wet if it rains?

fredstar
23rd March 2015, 05:35 PM
Aren't they all mesh, bloody wet if it rains?

Its Flyweave which has a waterproof guarantee for 2 years.

Captain Nemo
23rd March 2015, 06:08 PM
Flyweave!
Jesus what will they come up with next!
I do like the Lunar Controls, in fact I've ditched all Footjoys and now own 2 version 1's and have the current ones coming....

Micdeez
30th March 2015, 12:54 PM
I really like the grey metallic with white midsole, looks like a nice hybrid of a "golf" and running shoe.

I really don't like the prices though. You'd be looking at minimum ~AU$260 off the bay inc. shipping.

BayBum
31st March 2015, 08:59 AM
Still a hundy cheaper than some Ecco's...

Micdeez
31st March 2015, 10:05 AM
Quite interested to get the TW15 actually. I love the Nike free style and the fact that his is a specific golf shoe with stability in mind, I'll probably pull the trigger.

I have narrow feet so Ecco's and Footjoy are not good. Selling my DNA's I can't grt comfy in them.

Micdeez
31st March 2015, 01:16 PM
Does anyone own the lunar control 3's?

dM.
2nd April 2015, 12:19 PM
Probably won't find them anywhere in Australia unless someone parallel imports them, distributor has decided not to bring them into the country as the cost at retail would have been Mid 300's+ (Mainly due to the weak AU$)

Captain Nemo
3rd April 2015, 09:24 AM
Does anyone own the lunar control 3's? I've got the 2's, swing by over the weekend come take a look?

AlexMc
3rd April 2015, 04:13 PM
I have 2 pairs of the 2's - great shoe. I have a pair of the TW 14's and I think the Lunar Controls are better...

Captain Nemo
4th April 2015, 01:01 PM
Agree, I sold my TW's recently.The leather on the old lunar controls are so soft. (1's that is)

KristianJ
4th April 2015, 02:33 PM
Agree, I sold my TW's recently.The leather on the old lunar controls are so soft. (1's that is) +1. My pair that I bought a couple of years ago are still going strong. That said, they are in rotation with a half dozen other pairs, but they still get a fair few outings.

3Puttpete
7th April 2015, 05:14 PM
Tiger's wearing TW11. Are the 15 no good?

AlexMc
7th April 2015, 06:10 PM
Apparently he has "made some swing changes" meaning he can't wear the TW15's.

Should be good for sales...

Captain Nemo
7th April 2015, 06:50 PM
Tiger's wearing TW11. Are the 15 no good?
They are the ones I had, got nothing on the Lunar Controls.

BUSHY
7th April 2015, 09:48 PM
They are the ones I had, got nothing on the Lunar Controls.

Lunar Controls are easily the best golf shoe I've worn. Much more comfortable over long periods compared to the TW13 & TW14's. I rotate them with FJ DNA's but I wish I had another pair of LC2's.

dM.
7th April 2015, 11:11 PM
Honestly, the new Adidas pure 360's won me over, I'd never been a fan of adidas due to sizing issues (need a wide fit) but they sorted that out and the new Pure 360 LTDs look pure class. By far the best shoes i have ever owned, blew my FJ Icons I had previously away. Eccos have been extremely popular and I might pick up a pair for work, for all those that walk remember, we are out there 4+ hours a day (5+ some Sundays!), look after your feet - Having a sh*t round is still better then having a sh*t round with aching feet.

BUSHY
8th April 2015, 08:51 AM
Honestly, the new Adidas pure 360's won me over, I'd never been a fan of adidas due to sizing issues (need a wide fit) but they sorted that out and the new Pure 360 LTDs look pure class. By far the best shoes i have ever owned, blew my FJ Icons I had previously away. Eccos have been extremely popular and I might pick up a pair for work, for all those that walk remember, we are out there 4+ hours a day (5+ some Sundays!), look after your feet - Having a sh*t round is still better then having a sh*t round with aching feet.

Are the Pure 360's the shoe that was getting banned across the U.S. and Europe because their extruding spike pattern was damaging soft greens?

Captain Nemo
8th April 2015, 08:52 AM

Wrong thread buddy...
:smt017

Captain Nemo
8th April 2015, 08:53 AM
Are the Pure 360's the shoe that was getting banned across the U.S. and Europe because their extruding spike pattern was damaging soft greens?

Off Topic Bushy...
But one of the models have been banned at a few clubs in Oz too.
Alexmc had some, Dubbo banned him from wearing them...

BUSHY
8th April 2015, 08:56 AM
Off Topic Bushy...
But one of the models have been banned at a few clubs in Oz too.
Alexmc had some, Dubbo banned him from wearing them...

Yeah, they had the soccer boot like spike location.

Captain Nemo
8th April 2015, 09:00 AM
Yep, pretty sure my old mans club Griffith banned them too as its so hot down there in summer greens were on the soft side and those shoes tore them up!

BUSHY
8th April 2015, 10:07 AM
What's interesting to me is that TW has gone back to traditional spikes this week foregoing the TW15's for the 11's. Maybe there is some 'new/old' footwork that likes the narrower sole.

Micdeez
8th April 2015, 10:31 AM
Going by that, I was hoping the TW15 price would be slashed considering... Would like to give it a go but $260 is a fair bit.

I like the LC2's, can get them for around $150 shipped from the Bay. LC3's going for around $230 shipped..

BUSHY
8th April 2015, 10:35 AM
Going by that, I was hoping the TW15 price would be slashed considering... Would like to give it a go but $260 is a fair bit.

I like the LC2's, can get them for around $150 shipped from the Bay. LC3's going for around $230 shipped..

I got my current pair of LC2's for $99 posted from Golf Clearance Warehouse a few months ago on sale. In hindsight I should've got two pairs.

Micdeez
8th April 2015, 10:38 AM
That's a great price I had a look and they've sold out online. Love Nike stuff, really tried to like my FJ DNA but my feet just isn't agreeing with it.

Captain Nemo
8th April 2015, 10:40 AM
I got my current pair of LC2's for $99 posted from Golf Clearance Warehouse a few months ago on sale. In hindsight I should've got two pairs.

Yep, should have.
Should be able to land them under $100 US now the new model is out.
I still hunt for the LC 1's, still got a new pair in the box!!
These are the ones i had,:

backintheswing
8th April 2015, 10:47 AM
I have had the TW14's since Xmas. Have been bliss for my aching feet.

Are you guys saying the lunar control are even better on heel support than the tw14's? If they are, are the sizes the same?

Captain Nemo
8th April 2015, 10:53 AM
I have had the TW14's since Xmas. Have been bliss for my aching feet.

Are you guys saying the lunar control are even better on heel support than the tw14's? If they are, are the sizes the same?
Yes, well the 1's def are.....
As for sizing, pretty much the same platform.

BUSHY
8th April 2015, 11:03 AM
Yes, well the 1's def are.....
As for sizing, pretty much the same platform.

I agree. The LC2's are excellent, much more comfortable than the TW's.

backintheswing
8th April 2015, 11:27 AM
Ok, what's the best place to buy some LC's?

Captain Nemo
8th April 2015, 11:29 AM
eBAY?

BUSHY
8th April 2015, 11:33 AM
Try this place.

http://zoxoro.com.au/Products/Nike-Golf-Men-s-Nike-Lunar-Control-II-Golf-Shoe.html?var=2030974&gclid=Cj0KEQjwgI6pBRDak6aRovWNqLsBEiQA8zZSLiWKT-ca6ngWZIu6okMfKIAcAw-bKK3KxOo7qpd2-c8aAqc08P8HAQ

Micdeez
8th April 2015, 11:52 AM
$485 for LC2's???!

Am I reading that site ok?

BUSHY
8th April 2015, 11:56 AM
I think they're dreaming.

dM.
8th April 2015, 12:04 PM
I believe the Adizero One was the one that got banned.

Wrong thread buddy...
:smt017
I was under the impression we where giving the OP feedback on shoes hence some people talking about Lunar Controls.....