PDA

View Full Version : carbrook or riverlakes

itsme
19th March 2015, 04:25 PM
Simple question, which would you choose out of the 2, considering joining up at one of the above

PeteyD
19th March 2015, 04:28 PM
Carbrook, although I would travel the extra distance to join Redland Bay ;) Steve57 is a member at Riverlakes and can give you a rundown on the place. I am not a fan so my view is clouded.

itsme
19th March 2015, 04:31 PM
Technically reddy bay is closer, but ive always preferred carbrook..maybe reddy bay werent having good days when we played there

backintheswing
19th March 2015, 04:41 PM
Carbrook

Steve57
19th March 2015, 04:41 PM
As PeteyD said I am a member at Riverlakes but I have been a member at Carbrook as well and I have played there as recently as two weeks ago and both courses are currently in very good condition.
I prefer Riverlakes as I believe it is a more challenging test of your game. It is not as long as Carbrook but makes you think a lot more.
I am not sure of how the timesheet works at Carbrook but ours opens at 2pm on the Friday afternoon for two Saturdays time. ie: tomorrow at 2pm the sheet for Easter Saturday 4/4 is open both online and for members calling the Pro Shop.
Membership at Riverlakes is a little cheaper I believe but play both and then decide.

PeteyD
19th March 2015, 04:48 PM
Technically reddy bay is closer, but ive always preferred carbrook..maybe reddy bay werent having good days when we played there

If it was before the rain (so late last year) then no it wasn't (there is thread about golf course maintenance in here somewhere, and they have picked up their act after having a bunch of members leave).

itsme
19th March 2015, 04:50 PM
If it was before the rain (so late last year) then no it wasn't (there is thread about golf course maintenance in here somewhere, and they have picked up their act after having a bunch of members leave).

thanks, yes was about than..very dry, and pretty lame greens. glad to hear they have picked up their act. will have a squizz at all 3 before we make a decision..

PeteyD
19th March 2015, 04:53 PM
Middle of reno season at the moment too, Carbrook greens a couple of weeks ago, and reddy bay monday last week, greens and fairways.

Reddy bay have a cheaper membership too if you don't play every week. Called lifestyle I think. If you do join say I introduced you ;)

itsme
19th March 2015, 04:58 PM
If you do join say I introduced you ;)
:razz: thanks, my old man used to play with the pro back in his Leonay days...between the 2, im a shoe in

Jarro
19th March 2015, 06:24 PM
Carbrook

3Puttpete
19th March 2015, 07:20 PM
I think Carbrook has more comp days. That's the only thing that'd make me pick that over Riverlakes. If you're happy with the comp day(s) at Riverlakes that'd be my pick.

I was at Riverlakes for a year and that's the main reason I left. Other than that I enjoyed it.

The handicapper can be a bit of a goose but everyone else was nice to me. [emoji12]

markTHEblake
19th March 2015, 08:21 PM
I think Carbrook is a better course overall, but Riverlakes has some better holes.
Riverlakes is cheaper
Carbrook has a clubhouse
Riverlakes is privately owned, Carbrook is a golf club
You can warm up at the driving range at Riverlakes and take 3 steps to the first tee, Carbrook has a driving range in the next state.
One of those courses is closer to you than the other.

There is a lot of factors, which ones are important to you.

Steve57
19th March 2015, 09:46 PM
I think Carbrook has more comp days. That's the only thing that'd make me pick that over Riverlakes. If you're happy with the comp day(s) at Riverlakes that'd be my pick.

I was at Riverlakes for a year and that's the main reason I left. Other than that I enjoyed it.

The handicapper can be a bit of a goose but everyone else was nice to me. [emoji12]
Yeah he can be a goose at times:lol:

billp
20th March 2015, 04:57 AM
I'm a member at carbook. Course is always in good condition, and most of the members are great. Not the hardest course if you are straight off the tee. I have the intermediate 2 membership, half price and 20 games a year.

peter_rs
20th March 2015, 07:06 AM
River lakes is more target golf.

I liked the course when it was in good condition.

Was a corp member for two years.

The mixed Saturday comp was good.

itsme
20th March 2015, 01:27 PM
Forgot to ask, it would be a family membership, which is better for kids?

Steve57
20th March 2015, 01:34 PM
Forgot to ask, it would be a family membership, which is better for kids?

Riverlakes has a good junior training program run on Sunday mornings.
They also compete in the District Pee Wee pennants.

itsme
20th March 2015, 01:35 PM
Riverlakes has a good junior training program run on Sunday mornings.
They also compete in the District Pee Wee pennants.
thanks, will keep that in mind