PDA

View Full Version : Your most memorable golf shot

artofputting
18th March 2015, 01:23 PM
name the first one that comes to mind. no cheating.

it can be memorable in a good or bad way.

Mine is:
- First birdie. Par 4. Chipped in from about 20m off the green
- Club:Taylormade Z TP smoke 54* wedge

Dangals
18th March 2015, 02:00 PM
it is easy because it is fresh - last Friday 18th hole at The Hills golf course New Zealand from the middle of the fairway 145m out and sticking it to 3 feet in front of 150-200+ people with a 9 iron during the BMW NZ Open Pro-am.

no i didn't make the putt but I am focusing on the shot itself as the memory to take away.

Johnny Canuck
18th March 2015, 02:13 PM
LeftyHoges. Hosel rocket. Water.

Meadow Springs #8.

highballin
18th March 2015, 02:14 PM
9th hole Kooyonga par 5 in green side bunker for 2. Blade sand wedge into gum tree protecting houses behind green. Hits gum tree dead centre and bounces back behind green. Up and down easy par. Only just missed birdie putt from off the green that would of really pissed Chilled off :lol:

benno_r
18th March 2015, 02:33 PM
The one that stands out the most:

Mission Hills Dongguan. Olazabel Course 15th Hole.

Piped a drive to about 260, could either go the 200m shot at the pin, or take the wusses way around. For once I decided to have a go, hit the best 3w of my life to end up on the green. Lipped out what would have been my first eagle but tapped in a bird.

Best bit was all my single figure mates girling it around to the left and getting bogies or worse.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/benno_r/19_MissionHills15th_zpsgf6m46c5.jpg

highballin
18th March 2015, 02:43 PM
Great shot Benno but what's the deal with Driver 260 3wood 200?

Peppas
18th March 2015, 02:44 PM
My only hole in one

Maryborough Golf Club, 17th hole

185m par 3, with out of bounds right and a creek left. Hit 4i straight at the centre of the green and watched the ball disappear... still walked upto the green with a wedge and putter in hand as I didn't believe it.

Best part is now Benno gets to see my name on his HIO board at his home club every time he goes into the clubhouse :)

mrbluu
18th March 2015, 02:55 PM

one shot was real one was fake....you decide ;-)

benno_r
18th March 2015, 02:58 PM

Tee box was nicely elevated. Only way that drive could happen.

Edit: and both were real.

Steve57
18th March 2015, 03:18 PM
one shot was real one was fake....you decide ;-)

The wind changed!!

benno_r
18th March 2015, 03:47 PM
You are all scallywags!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/benno_r/019_MH2_zps3i7yvpnl.jpg

Dangals
18th March 2015, 03:50 PM
love it benno - awesome looking hole as well

benno_r
18th March 2015, 03:55 PM
love it benno - awesome looking hole as well

Thanks mate, you are welcome in Maryborough any time! :D

If they got rid of some of those bloody bunkers it would have been top shelf!

The design theme for this course: it's called Olazabel - Olazabel was a good bunker player - lets put a sh*t ton of bunkers in, just cause! 21 f'n bunkers on this hole alone.

razaar
18th March 2015, 04:04 PM
2.5 meter putt on 18th for birdie which I left 10 cm short. It is the 10 cm putt that is one of my most memorable shots because it hit the top of the metal cup insert and rebounded off the bottom of the moving putter. Hell of a putt.

Dotty
18th March 2015, 04:23 PM
Handicap matchplay final - 4th hole par 3 (get a shot), ex club champ on the green and I put my tee shot a metre behind the brace of a protective screen for the 5th tee.

He said I could take relief, but I decided not, as it would put me behind a tree. Punched a 7i under the brace (with a loud steel-on-steel clang on follow through), watched the ball run between the bunkers and finish two foot below the hole.

You can actually pinpoint to the second, when his heart rips apart.

highballin
18th March 2015, 05:06 PM
Tee box was nicely elevated. Only way that drive could happen.

Edit: and both were real.

Fair enough thought you might have hit a massive draw with the driver and a fade with the 3wood =P~

Godscountry
18th March 2015, 05:18 PM
2nd shot on the 2nd hole at Queenstown GC NZ. Hit a 7 iron into the green after a pretty weak drive, memorable because of the backdrop. Trying to keep an eye on your ball with the snowy remarkables mountains in the background was difficult. Hit it to 6 foot, drained the bird. Ive played better shots on better holes but for some reason this is one I will never forget.

Courty
18th March 2015, 05:34 PM
You are all scallywags!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/benno_r/019_MH2_zps3i7yvpnl.jpg

Haha! Nice one. :mrgreen:

Looks like it would play quite similar to Palm Meadows 18th, just with (a lot) more bunkers.

WBennett
18th March 2015, 05:41 PM
My third ever round as a 13 year old playing nine holes at the old Capital GC in Canberra.

Hit a 4 iron pin high, then chipped in from 15 metres away , reading the significant right to left break for a birdie. I still have the sand wedge i used!

I was using a tour edition ball which i kept for years!

Courty
18th March 2015, 05:48 PM
Par 5 13th @ Cairns GC... some years ago now.

210m 3 iron to a metre setting up my first ever eagle.

3Puttpete
18th March 2015, 05:51 PM
Probably the 15 metre double breaking downhill putt for birdie to win SA Champs by a point.

BenM
18th March 2015, 05:51 PM
I will always remember my hole in one at Gold Creek (I think it's the 6th). Tiny bit skinny 5 iron I think it was that just never looked like missing - pitched just short of the green, ran up to the hole and disappeared. Most of the course would've heard us whoop.

Beyond that, draining a big breaking 30 footer from the fringe on 16 to close out the A grade handicap club champs a couple of years ago. When it went in I was just happy to have won the hole - I didn't even realise it was all over until the referee said so and we shook hands.

That's how you play good golf I guess, don't think about he score, wish I had been able to do it since!

benno_r
18th March 2015, 05:56 PM
Fair enough thought you might have hit a massive draw with the driver and a fade with the 3wood =P~

1st shot was my normal straight shot (a fade). My 3w shot was my draw (it went straight). Does your head in ey?? haha

benno_r
18th March 2015, 05:59 PM
Haha! Nice one. :mrgreen:

Looks like it would play quite similar to Palm Meadows 18th, just with (a lot) more bunkers.

The awesome thing was, my mate Jacko is even more of a choppa than me, he jagged a bird as well on the same line. He ended up on the little shelf below the hole, then chip/put bird.

Our mates off 5, 7 and 10 went double, bogey, triple. It was awesome sledging the ones in our group as they chopped it around the woman's line.

Dcanto
18th March 2015, 06:25 PM
My shot occurred when playing in the matchplay comp at Cairns that traditionally follows the Club Championships, having finished second in B Grade. Managed to play well enough to get through to the final, but after working my way to 2-up with two to play I had a mini choke and we finished all square after 18. Off to the 1st hole again for sudden death. The wind has gotten up and my opponent pushes their drive wide right but still in play. I take 3 iron off the tee and just finish short of a fairway bunker with about 110 left to the pin. I am still away so I take an 8 iron and hit one of the best shots I have ever hit into the wind, and put it to within 6 inches of the flag. Opponent takes his shot but hits it fat and comes up short of the green. He decides not to take a third shot and concedes the hole. That 8 iron shot is something I still remember whenever I walk past that bunker.

G.K
18th March 2015, 06:32 PM
Only happened a couple of weeks ago. Par 5, 235m to the pin for my second shot, had a slight tail wind, hit my 4 iron to 5 foot past the hole which set me up for my second ever eagle and first ever in a comp round. Oh to be able to strike my long irons this solidly all the time!

Steve57
18th March 2015, 06:43 PM
My second shot into the par 5 1st at the now defunct Moorabbin Golf Course.
Hit a long drive down the middle and then pulled out 3 wood and absolutely pumped it, 2 bounces and in she went.
My first and only Albatross!

Yossarian
18th March 2015, 06:58 PM
Hitting myself in the face with an attempted punch 4 iron.

Courty
18th March 2015, 07:14 PM
My shot occurred when playing in the matchplay comp at Cairns that traditionally follows the Club Championships, having finished second in B Grade. Managed to play well enough to get through to the final, but after working my way to 2-up with two to play I had a mini choke and we finished all square after 18. Off to the 1st hole again for sudden death. The wind has gotten up and my opponent pushes their drive wide right but still in play. I take 3 iron off the tee and just finish short of a fairway bunker with about 110 left to the pin. I am still away so I take an 8 iron and hit one of the best shots I have ever hit into the wind, and put it to within 6 inches of the flag. Opponent takes his shot but hits it fat and comes up short of the green. He decides not to take a third shot and concedes the hole. That 8 iron shot is something I still remember whenever I walk past that bunker.

Nice... what year was that?
That means we'll both have our names on the same trophy. 8)

Ferrins
18th March 2015, 07:56 PM
Trying desperately to better my handicap at The Copperhead Kooralbyn back tee. Was three better with two holes to go and on the brutal par three 17th hit it to about 3 inches behing the cup. 2nd best shot was my approach on 18 with fairway metal to set up eagle. Made it and finished 3 over the stick off 9 cap. Would of had nearest the pin on 17 and won the comp by 4 strokes but was DQed for putting card in too late. Tosspot resident pro's mate was the designated ingroup winner for the day.

markTHEblake
18th March 2015, 08:07 PM
I have got a top 5 all time memorable shots that I cant seem to remember all right now. Pretty sure thats archived in another thread here on a similar topic. Be interesting to see how much taller everyones tales have become over time if someone can find it!

Had a hole in one a few weeks ago - that doesnt make the list though, totally overrated experience. Nearly all my memorable shots resulted in pars, its not the hole score that is memorable part, its the circumstances that make it so!

Definitely lodged a new entry in the top 5 on the weekend. The 400m 17th at Parkwood is an exact clone of 11th at Augusta and it was the Masters sunday sucker pin. I was Dormie 2d in my pennant match and my opponent was 100 out for 2. I couldnt play too conservatively but attacking the pin from 175 off a slightly hanging lie into the wind was probably a fools errand despite the state of my match. So I did what Ben Hogan said and aimed right edge, and hit that 20H mint, with just a fraction of draw. Left myself with about a 15m two putt for a par and got to play just one more hole. :-)

I dont think i have executed a shot as perfect as that one in every respect.

Hatchman
18th March 2015, 08:52 PM
Par 3 Golf Course. I used to play every second week on arvos with a guy from work who was looking to get back into the game after a 10 year absence.
The long hole was a whopping 146m 8th. A group of 4 old fuddys had just chipped up to the green.
They decided to call us up and strangely all stood on the green. I waited a bit thinking they will move. No they signalled again for us to hit up so I did.
Caught the 8 iron really sweet and it was all over the pin. They were watching and never moved. Belted one of them on the back of the hand and split the skin wide open.
The guy I hit was most apologetic and said he thought he would be safe on the green as he didn't think we could reach it.
Maybe he should have taken notice earlier that I wasn't pulling a bag around with a full selection and only carried 3 clubs.

goughy
18th March 2015, 09:30 PM
15th at Gailes. 4 ball aggregate. But my second with a 6i from behind the left fairway bunkers. Couldn't see the green where the cup was. When we got to the green we looked over that back but couldn't find my ball. Gave up, walked into green and one dude was attending the flag when he asked if that was my ball. My only 6 pointer, third eagle, and haven't had one in over 20 years since.

matty
18th March 2015, 09:45 PM
16th at Stonecutters Ridge a couple of years ago. Awkward downhill Par 3 over water. Hit it mint, bounced about 10cm to the right and 10cm in front of pin, kicked forward and left and disappeared into hole for a second, then reappeared and sat on the lip.

Still hurts. Pretty funny in hindsight seeing the group in front jump up like celebrating a newly bought Toyota then collapse with heads in hands.

Dcanto
18th March 2015, 10:19 PM
Nice... what year was that?That means we'll both have our names on the same trophy. 8) 2003, the same year as when I started with Pacifica.

mrbluu
18th March 2015, 10:37 PM
A couple of weeks ago at Beverley Park GC. It was my 2nd game of Major Pennant after playing well first up but still going down. I was 1up after making a rock solid par on 17. I hit a good drove down 18 but it just floats into the left trees.

I was under the pump as I gunning for my first ever win and it a back and forth game but I finally had him 2 down but made a mess of 16 to hand him the hole and the momentum.

I hit a good punch shot out from the trees and left myself 22m to the flag (yes I lasered it) for my 3rd in the 18th and knew I had to hit a good one as my opponent just knocked his second onto the green and had a putt for birdie to win the hole and halve the match.

I stepped up trusted my technique and hit a great chip with my 58* wedge. It bounced a couple of feet short if the hole, one hopped and stopped 3feet from the hole. The 3 foot putt for par to close out the win is probably second best shot I've hit.

LeftyHoges
19th March 2015, 12:00 AM
LeftyHoges. Hosel rocket. Water.

Meadow Springs #8.

YOUR most memorable shot, a-hole. Not someone else's.

Mine is the 6 inch putt I made on the last at Meadow Springs in 2013 (my 3rd on that green) to cement a thoroughly deserved gross win at GSM. Felt good to win an actual trophy that I didn't have to give to myself.

Johnny Canuck
19th March 2015, 12:02 AM
YOUR most memorable shot, a-hole. Not someone else's.

Mine is the 6 inch putt I made on the last at Meadow Springs in 2013 (my 3rd on that green) to cement a thoroughly deserved gross win at GSM. Felt good to win an actual trophy that I didn't have to give to myself.

You had a lot of putts to choose from on that green.

jimandr
19th March 2015, 12:07 AM
Because it is a no cheating, first shot that comes to mind outcome, I'm not describing my only hole in one or any of the few times I've holed out.

The one that sprung straight to my mind was the second shot to a big left to right dogleg at Windsor, maybe the fifth? I pushed my drive, so I had a near impossible for me 30m fade shot from the rough shot with a number 4 hybrid, which I pulled off perfectly to about 8 feet. Stands out for two reasons. Firstly, I can't hit controlled big fade/slice shots, and secondly, I declared to my playing group what I was going to try and do, while asking them to keep on eye out for the ball in the left trees. Very satisfying.

LeftyHoges
19th March 2015, 10:11 AM
You had a lot of putts to choose from on that green.

I absolutely did. And yet could still win the scratch.

Monsta
19th March 2015, 01:59 PM
Mine is bunker shot on the 19th hole at Royal Canberra in the semi of the B Grade Pennants

Playing at No1 I had to win the hole to take us thru to the Final.

20m shot from front bunker, caught it perfect and bit 2ft from the pin, tapped in for the win (won the finals too) :D

Captain Nemo
19th March 2015, 06:46 PM
First hole Victoria Golf Club "2015 The Uncival War"
4 wood pin high left edge of the green.
Rolled the putt to a few feet.
Easy tap in birdie.
I could feel Monsta's heart sink as the ball hit the bottom of the cup!
1 up and the rest is Ozgolf folklore....
:)
https://vimeo.com/122616748

Monsta
20th March 2015, 09:57 AM
First hole Victoria Golf Club "2015 The Uncival War"
4 wood pin high left edge of the green.
Rolled the putt to a few feet.
Easy tap in birdie.
I could feel Monsta's heart sink as the ball hit the bottom of the cup!
1 up and the rest is Ozgolf folklore....
:)

Heart sink on the first hole????? I dont think so

Only thing that made my heart sink was carving two into the water on 17 when I was only 2 down............

benno_r
20th March 2015, 10:16 AM
Heart sink on the first hole????? I dont think so

Only thing that made my heart sink was carving two into the water on 17 when I was only 2 down............

Nothing wrong with Carving one into the water. Maybe 2 though...

Captain Nemo
20th March 2015, 10:41 AM
Nothing wrong with Carving one into the water. Maybe 2 though...

They where 2 pretty nice carves though.... :)

Monsta
20th March 2015, 10:49 AM
They where 2 pretty nice carves though.... :)

The second one was even bigger than the 1st :shock:

WBennett
20th March 2015, 11:50 AM
There was a 50m wide fairway!

WBennett
20th March 2015, 11:55 AM
Uncivil wars have provided me many memorable shots. The 10th at Southern, 4 down at the turn, deep in the trees left. A 150m punched 4 iron to 15 foot to win the hole. Then on 18, blocked out going high, another punched 4 iron that rolled up the green to allow a 2 putt par to win the hole and square the match...

Then my 30 foot putt on 18 at RMW for par to win the hole and win my match against AndyP 1Up.

On the other side, BennoR's pitch from what looked a difficult position to 3 foot on 18 at Victoria was sensational to watch, but terrible to be the opponent of!

Captain Nemo
20th March 2015, 11:56 AM
Uncivil wars have provided me many memorable shots. The 10th at Southern, 4 down at the turn, deep in the trees left. A 150m punched 4 iron to 15 foot to win the hole. Then on 18, blocked out going high, another punched 4 iron that rolled up the green to allow a 2 putt par to win the hole and square the match...

Then my 30 foot putt on 18 at RMW for par to win the hole and win my match against AndyP 1Up.

On the other side, BennoR's pitch from what looked a difficult position to 3 foot on 18 at Victoria was sensational to watch, but terrible to be the opponent of!

Quite enjoyed watching that myself :)

Monsta
20th March 2015, 11:59 AM
There was a 50m wide fairway!

I dont need reminding thanks Spud

mrbluu
20th March 2015, 12:14 PM
I dont need reminding thanks Spud
How did you playing partner go on that faithful day?

LeftyHoges
20th March 2015, 12:25 PM
How did you playing partner go on that faithful day?

Never mind that. How'd you go?

Matt 3 Jab
20th March 2015, 12:26 PM
Few recent:

7 iron from 165m downwind and no idea where to go on the first at St Andrews Beach with Gammon and Benno #2, rolled the eagle

Getting up and down at the same course on 17 from the bunker you shouldnt in the most chopper style but going 80ft long then draining one in the rain

Good times, not a single shot but one of the more fun rounds ive had ever.

mrbluu
20th March 2015, 12:28 PM
Never mind that. How'd you go? I think I won 4 & 3 but I'm not sure as the temperamental software recorded some thing else and there was no official announcements. :p

LeftyHoges
20th March 2015, 12:32 PM
I think I won 4 & 3 but I'm not sure as the temperamental software recorded some thing else and there was no official announcements. :p

I think I have it officially here somewhere, bear with me...

Ah, here it is. Confirmed and official.

WBennett
20th March 2015, 12:40 PM
Few recent:

7 iron from 165m downwind and no idea where to go on the first at St Andrews Beach with Gammon and Benno #2, rolled the eagle

Getting up and down at the same course on 17 from the bunker you shouldnt in the most chopper style but going 80ft long then draining one in the rain

Good times, not a single shot but one of the more fun rounds ive had ever.

Like.
Gammons tee shot on 2 was also very memorable, as was his celebration after he rolled in the putt!

mrbluu
20th March 2015, 12:40 PM
I think I have it officially here somewhere, bear with me...

Ah, here it is. Confirmed and official.

Thats pretty good. We must of shook hands on the 15th just for fun....Bruce is quiet a touchy feely type of guy.

How did u go lefty???

LeftyHoges
20th March 2015, 12:41 PM
Thats pretty good. We must of shook hands on the 15th just for fun....Bruce is quiet a touchy feely type of guy.

How did u go lefty???

There's no 2 ways about it.

I got humped. Big time.

Matt 3 Jab
20th March 2015, 12:42 PM
Like.
Gammons tee shot on 2 was also very memorable, as was his celebration after he rolled in the putt!

Double Eagles!

oldracer
20th March 2015, 12:49 PM
I don't have many memorable shots however since the Uncivil War has been mentioned, I had wiped the first (9th) , into the trees off the tee on the 2nd, punch out, good third and up and down. Our third, the 11th uphill dogleg right, 3 wood off the tee to the short stuff then a 6 iron to about 4 feet, hit it sweet, lipped the 3 for 5 but got the 4 for 4.

Captain Nemo
20th March 2015, 12:53 PM

I got humped. Big time.

Bent over was what i heard from my compatriot.... :)

LeftyHoges
20th March 2015, 12:55 PM
Bent over was what i heard from my compatriot.... :)

Bent over AND Humped. :cry:

He didn't even cuddle afterwards.

mrbluu
20th March 2015, 01:00 PM

I got humped. Big time.
I was talking about the match play mate not sharing a room with Courty!!!

LeftyHoges
20th March 2015, 01:05 PM
I was talking about the match play mate not sharing a room with Courty!!!

So was I. I'm always the big spoon, regardless of who it is.

mrbluu
20th March 2015, 01:07 PM
So was I. I'm always the big spoon, regardless of who it is. Big spoon is good!!!

solarman
20th March 2015, 01:51 PM
Couple of weeks back at Gordonvale Golf Club with Courty, Haysey and DCanto.
Short 110m par 3, used a gap wedge and let go of the club and it got stuck high up in a tree. Had to chuck coconuts to get it down.
Ball was on the green though and a 2 putt for par.

Courty
20th March 2015, 02:26 PM
Short 110m par 3, used a gap wedge and let go of the club and it got stuck high up in a tree. Had to chuck coconuts to get it down.

That was your most memorable...?

It wasn't this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HCrQWcaKyg

Courty
20th March 2015, 02:26 PM
Or this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRG0tO5ri0Q

Courty
20th March 2015, 02:27 PM
Or even this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpOE8Gx1AhY

Monsta
20th March 2015, 02:28 PM

"Let go"

Is that a metaphor for "I threw" Bob???????????

3Puttpete
20th March 2015, 02:37 PM
Bob/Solarman/NAGA v .... Might just be my favourite youtube series.

hack7250
22nd March 2015, 05:24 PM
As I'm still new to the game I thought it would be a while before I got to post on here. I had a chip in from about 55m out on a par 5 during mid week comp. rest of the round was a shocker but I'll remember that shot for a while. Prior to thisy best shot was just hitting a fairway off the tee 😖

talbo
22nd March 2015, 05:57 PM
Around 6 months ago on the 17th at The Vines of Reynella hit what I though was a good tee shot with 3 wood but slope of fairway left me with a tricky second...... Took 8 iron from around 80 meters that had to carry a bunker on the right front of green inline with pin. Had to hit it low with tons of spin to avoid overhanging gum tree branches and then get it to stop on the green with around 25ft of green to work with. Hit it perfect with about 12ft of height on the ball and stopped the ball 8ft under the pin for an uphill birdie putt that I didn't make! I don't think I could've hit that 8 iron any better so I was stoked with the par.

coalesce
22nd March 2015, 06:00 PM
Around 6 months ago on the 17th at The Vines of Reynella hit what I though was a good tee shot with 3 wood but slope of fairway left me with a tricky second...... Took 8 iron from around 80 meters that had to carry a bunker on the right front of green inline with pin. Had to hit it low with tons of spin to avoid overhanging gum tree branches and then get it to stop on the green with around 25ft of green to work with. Hit it perfect with about 12ft of height on the ball and stopped the ball 8ft under the pin for an uphill birdie putt that I didn't make! I don't think I could've hit that 8 iron any better so I was stoked with the par.

That hole is my nemesis. Whatever I've tried so far has not worked

talbo
22nd March 2015, 06:19 PM
That hole is my nemesis. Whatever I've tried so far has not worked

I've only played it once so it was a good result considering I had never seen how that fairway slopes towards and after the dog leg. I think I'd probably go 5 wood or hybrid next time and try take some of that lower right (bottom of the slope) out of play. Or..... The hero in me might think it's a good idea to take driver through corner :lol:

gazgolf1
22nd March 2015, 06:52 PM
16th Nudgee south, par 3 only playing 120ish m, breeze off the left and hit a 9 iron that landed about 10 ft in front of the flag and rolled straight in. My first and only Hole in one.

coalesce
22nd March 2015, 07:20 PM
I've only played it once so it was a good result considering I had never seen how that fairway slopes towards and after the dog leg. I think I'd probably go 5 wood or hybrid next time and try take some of that lower right (bottom of the slope) out of play. Or..... The hero in me might think it's a good idea to take driver through corner :lol:

The overhanging tree just gets in my head. I think I took 4i last time and still got over it. Every time I take a driver or 3w I pull it left onto the practice green

talbo
22nd March 2015, 09:02 PM
180-200m up the left side should do nicely if I remember correctly

KristianJ
22nd March 2015, 09:13 PM
One of my least likely eagles in a comp round...

Hit driver, 6 iron on the 10th at Windsor to about 3m short of the green. Back pin, so I reckon I had about 70 feet or so.

The green itself was dotted with duck crapulence, but I used it to my advantage to somehow pull off a "better than most" style putt that went in about half a dozen different directions before hitting the back of the hole at a perfect speed.

Rodent
23rd March 2015, 08:13 AM
Behind a tree with a greenside bunker between me and the pin. I noticed that there wasn't much of a lip on the bunker and if I hit the camber on the side of the bunker I might be able to run it through the bunker and get it on the green. Pulled out putter and I holed it!

PeteyD
23rd March 2015, 09:55 AM
Tee shot on the 5th at RM West. Not cos the shot was any good (it wasn't) but just because.

simmsy
23rd March 2015, 11:47 AM
Tee shot 1st at RMwest
The shit Benno gave me the rest of the day and my life will make sure I never forget it.

Shreko
23rd March 2015, 12:28 PM
Holed a 95m 58* wedge shot from the scrub on the 6th (Par 5) for eagle on the weekend, also smashed a 21* hybrid 225mt to a tucked in pin and hit the flag and sat 1" from the hole (would have been a great alby), all on Friday's Blue Marker

Bunter
23rd March 2015, 01:10 PM
Not my best shot but easily the most memorable was a bunker shot that flew out way too quick due to no sand at all being disturbed.

Grabbed the flag like a catchers mitt and duly dropped straight down to release with a touch of spin into the hole.

4 points and endless bragging/bagging sessions over a great weekend.

WBennett
23rd March 2015, 06:09 PM
Tee shot 1st at RMwest
The shit Benno gave me the rest of the day and my life will make sure I never forget it.

I haven't mentioned it in ages!

ping
6th April 2015, 01:25 PM
My first ever birdie on a par 3. It was at the 9th hole at Hidden Valley Golf and Country club in victoria.

I played a 6 iron ended up really right about 20 metres from the green near a tree in the rough. My partner on the green.

Anyhow, I pulled out my pitching wedge and had a crack - chipped up straight on the green rolls on, hits the stick and IN! And laughter ensued. After all it was my 4th game of golf ever!

mike
6th April 2015, 01:33 PM
Pennant a few years ago. I was 3 down dormy. Parred 16 for a win. Birdied 17 for a win. Opponent safely on the par 4 18th for two. All or nothing I went for the career shot at a tight pin and put it 3 inches from the hole. All square.
My opponent was devastated poor bastard and first play off hole went OOB. Easy win for mike.

Courty
6th April 2015, 07:56 PM
Pennant a few years ago. I was 3 down dormy. Parred 16 for a win. Birdied 17 for a win. Opponent safely on the par 4 18th for two. All or nothing I went for the career shot at a tight pin and put it 3 inches from the hole. All square.
My opponent was devastated poor bastard and first play off hole went OOB. Easy win for mike.

That reminds me... OZgolf NQ Matchplay against Mike at Millaa Millaa.

My first drive hits a tree up the right side and vanishes. I reload and play for a cut but it goes dead straight down into the rough on the left side amongst a bunch of trees. It left me about 60m, but there was a jungle between me & the green... the only opportunity was a metre square gap in the trees about 20m above me. I opened up my lob wedge and gave it everything I had... straight through the gap and dropped on the green 6ft from the hole. I made the putt (which ended up being for the half) and went on to win the match.

mike
6th April 2015, 11:14 PM
Fluke.

Courty
7th April 2015, 06:09 AM
Fluke.

Yes. Yes it was. But it was very memorable. 8)

popper81
7th April 2015, 08:25 PM
Hmmm... This is so dodgy but the first that came to mind was a 6 iron from about 160m on the 12th at Mwp. Hit it so good..... Straight, looked all over it. It just felt like a great swing. Ball flew exactly where I was aiming.. But flew the green by about 30 metres. Still the purest golf shot i have hit!

artofputting
8th April 2015, 01:40 PM
this wasn't my shot but i witnessed it

matchplay: my flight mate was one down with one hole to play, meaning he needed to win the last hole to square the match. hit his second shot on a par 4 from 135m, to an elevated green. landed an inch past the cup and rolled back in for eagle...

oldracer
17th April 2015, 04:54 PM
yesterdays round, long skinny par 4 with trap down a lot of the right side of fairway, 2 iron to the short stuff, 164 to the flag downhill and ball is above my feet, hit it to 15-18 inches and rolled the bird, index 4 on the card and this hole has been my undoing on many occasions so i got one back

Tossie
20th April 2015, 10:11 AM
Holed a 108 metre sand wedge on Saturday. 1 hop past the hole and spun back in just like on TV. Just wish I hadn't duffed the 2 shots before it. Oh well a par is a par.

BrisWesty
20th April 2015, 07:04 PM
3 wood on Friday at the Leon Treadwell Memorial Golf Day. 215m out on the 9th and hit it to 2m, and then holed the putt.

Yossarian
21st April 2015, 11:07 AM
I was hypnotized at the time so don't remember.

Hatchman
21st April 2015, 12:51 PM
I was hypnotized at the time so don't remember.

Not the black eye one?

Yossarian
21st April 2015, 04:43 PM
Hitting myself in the face with an attempted punch 4 iron.

^

Blackhelmo
23rd April 2015, 07:25 PM
My first hole in one at Hervey Bay Golf Club. I think it's the 2 or 3rd hole.,couldn't see the bottom of the pin,as a bunker is directly in front of the green. There was a bit of tom foolery on the tee before the shot, with the obligatory golf club to the genitals during setup. Hit the iron ball was tracking nicely, got to the green no ball to be seen, walking all around the green looking for ball when someone checked the cup, and there she was. Marvellous shot that

andylo
24th April 2015, 11:45 AM
AndyP shares this memory with me.

2 of us was playing some big comp at Nambour GC. One of the hole of a nearly 200 meters par 3. I hit a 3 iron too thin and the ball worm burnt all the way to the green and sit next to the hole. I even won the NTP for the day. (Which I was too shy to retrieve my prize)

goughy
24th April 2015, 12:08 PM
Hey andylo. That shot certainly sounds the cat's meow!

andylo
24th April 2015, 03:14 PM
and the cat still alive and with us too :)

PeteyD
24th April 2015, 05:20 PM
That is a long party.

FuzzyJuzzy
28th April 2015, 08:56 PM
In 2012 (and on my birthday, no less) I holed out from about 40m for my one - and only - eagle to date on the 18th at Marina Bay GC in Singapore. What's more, I was playing with banged up hire clubs - a set of R9s, from memory. It's a nice finishing hole at MBGC (see pic below) - I had to chip over a burn to a tight pin, and was totally geeking out when the ball disappeared into the hole:).

timah!
29th April 2015, 01:17 AM
I didn't think I actually had too many, but here goes:

5th hole at Gainsborough Greens. Had hit a horrible hook into the hazard. Took drop, hit an ok third, but still about 60m out. Hit a solid pitch which rolled in and made a decent 4/3. Happy days...

Hux
30th April 2015, 08:59 PM
I have two particularly memorable holes - everyone has fluke shots where they think they are Rory or Tiger. its those ROLFMAO holes where the true amateur golfer comes out and demonstrates our true abilities.
1. An Ozgolf Nudgee member who will remain nameless who took a 3 wood off the tee on a par 5 (7th) for safety and promptly hit it in behind the safety screen on the ladies tee 40m forward and right of the mens.
2. Another certain Nudgee member at Cape Schank who hit our cart with their second shot. The look was priceless - the words of "just don't say a ****in thing" was better. (I even de-identified this as there was a female & 2 male Nudgee members in the group)!

Charger
1st May 2015, 09:51 PM
I think of this one fluke shot everytime I play the 9th at City. It was 20 years ago, more probably - back in my junior days - well before the reno's so still the old clubhouse and chipping and putting green. Anyways, hard pulled a drive that then hooked even further left and ended up about where the current 18 green is roughly. A high 2 story clubhouse in between me and the green. All glass front and a pro shop underneath. (Brian Smith was the pro's name) For the life of me I couldnt see any OB markers and no-one stopped me when i stood next to my ball taking practice swings. I went stuff it ill give it a go. About 150 maybe, and had to get it up quick to clear the clubhouse. I roughly guessed where the green was - then had a bit of a moment of doubt in my backswing thinking "is this the smart thing to do?" I obviously thought it was and swung at it. Hit a pearler over the clubhouse. The ladies having lunch didnt even flinch. Walk around, ball nicely on the green and i get my par.

Larso32
1st May 2015, 11:18 PM
Not really a great shot...but memorable...Was lucky enough to play in Bowdo's Bash at Twin Waters back in 2011. The day and night were one of my all time great life experiences. A fantastic event. Adam Bland was the pro in our group. Shotgun start, we teed off on about the 6th or 7th, a par 3 anyway. Adam bogeyed and after a rubbish first putt I sunk an 8 footer for par. After that, my game returned to normal and ended up with 24pts. He recovered and finished 3 under off the bat - but for one hole, I had the lead!

Hard_Pan
13th May 2015, 11:13 AM
Not really a shot but a series of recovery shots after an amazingly bad one.

It's difficult to get an appreciation in words so I've actually drawn a diagram (see attached).

My shots are in yellow. My opponents are in blue.

This occurred during my B Grade Pennant match at NH against my opponent from Regency Park earlier this year.

It occurred at the 17th, a 200m par three.

I had just gone one up for the first time on the 16th and chose a 5 iron to lay up for a safe second shot to the green.

A massive brain fart caused me to pull my shot over the stand of trees just to the left of the fairway, my ball then must have then richoceted off a tree and rolled, under another tree, behind a safety fence on the far side of the 16th tee box.

In response, my opponent pushed his ball into bushes to the right of the fairway. He then chipped out onto the fairway for his second shot.

For my second shot, I had to punch out of loose sand hoping to get around from behind the fence - I failed by about a foot.

Seeing this, my opponent pitched for the green but his third shot fell just short.

So... I'm looking through a 10 foot high cyclone fence. All I can see is the top part of the flag because there is a mound guarding the back of the green. I know the green slopes away to two bunkers on the other side.

What to do?

I grab my 8 iron figuring if I can bend it around the edge of the fence into the mound, the ball might pop up and stop on the green offering me at least a putt to square the hole.

I visualise the shot and bang! That's exactly what happens. My shot bends around the fence, hits the mound as planned and props up four feet from the hole!

My opponent is next. He putts and just misses the hole but is only a foot away after four.

I sink my four footer, win the hole and the match!!