PDA

View Full Version : Video hosting

Davemason
23rd March 2006, 10:33 PM
A little help please , I have a video of my swing I would like to share but the problem that I have is the size of the file is 13mb and is in .avi how do I compress it to a smaller size so it will not be a big download size for dial up users and where is the best site to host it.

connico
24th March 2006, 06:55 AM
hmm well there are a few ways, prob the quickest and most powerful way to do it is convert it to a dvix, try TMPGEnc. It will convert and compress the file you want to a smaller size and still try to maintain the same quality.

Most AVi's are uncompressed, thats why its so large. You can even use windows movie maker and save the file to another format(codec) or change the bitrate...

Hope thats clear, alot of jargon in there

If that doesnt help

try

http://www.videohelp.com/

AndyP
24th March 2006, 07:55 AM
Dave, you'll need a video editing program of some sort to change it to another format. I would also suggest that you use this program to trim the video clip to show the swing only (get rid of pre-shot routine, waggling, finishing pose, etc), so the size of the file is reduced some more.

If you took the video with a camera of your own, then it may have come with a video editing program.