PDA

View Full Version : Whats the biggest piece of crap you've bought off Ebay?

Webster
23rd March 2006, 06:04 PM
I'm talking about Golf crap. With so many golf and Ebay ho's here surely there are some shameful examples of complete golf rubbish you have bought on ebay that you wish you hadn't.

I'll go first - About 3 years ago in the wee small hours of the morning (after considerable claret damage) I pushed the "buy it now" button and landed myself a new John Byron putter for about $150. It looked great in the photos (just like a Scottsdale Anser) but alas it all the balance of Amanda Vanstone after a night on the bourbons. I gave it about a month to redeem itself and then back on ebay it went. Was glad to get about $120 for it.

Whats a piece of junk.

Tell me about yours!!!!

Love, Jack.

Jarro
23rd March 2006, 06:11 PM
i don't buy much off fleabay, but the worst thing i bought was a Titleist shirt that was "supposedly" a large size. Upon it's arrival, i quickly noticed that ALo would be flat out pulling this shirt on. I wasn't impressed, but the shirt only cost me $15 so i figured i'd put it down to experience.

Courty
23rd March 2006, 06:34 PM
Haven't bought much on eBay. I'm pretty discerning about my purchases so I don't have any horror stories. However, I have sold some golf crap on eBay. The No. 1 piece of crap I sold was an original Wilson Killer Whale. After I bought it new for $120, I used it for 2 years. The paint was all chipped, the grip was flogged, and their was a rattle in the head. I noted all this in the description but some chump still paid $80 plus postage for it. :mrgreen:

Moe Norman
23rd March 2006, 06:36 PM
One of these - shameful stuff, I still don't know what I was thinking. It's still in the garage somewhere I think.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/3-BALL-ODYSSEY-STYLE-PUTTER-CENTER-SHAFT-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ7228371788QQcategoryZ1518QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

Fishman Dan
23rd March 2006, 06:38 PM
I'm talking about Golf crap. With so many golf and Ebay ho's here surely there are some shameful examples of complete golf rubbish you have bought on ebay that you wish you hadn't.

I'll go first - About 3 years ago in the wee small hours of the morning (after considerable claret damage) I pushed the "buy it now" button and landed myself a new John Byron putter for about $150. It looked great in the photos (just like a Scottsdale Anser) but alas it all the balance of Amanda Vanstone after a night on the bourbons. I gave it about a month to redeem itself and then back on ebay it went. Was glad to get about $120 for it.

Whats a piece of junk.

Tell me about yours!!!!

Love, Jack.

That's a real Ho-junky story. I've never heard of John Byron, but if you had a nett loss of $30 for something (apparently) that bad, then i guess it's a happy ending.

I've made 2 purchases, so..

The Worst - Jack Newton putting partner. Paid $5, and it's gathering dust... just like it was for the seller in the first place i guess. It was bought for the missus, because lets face it, she was happy to escape with a dozen 3 putts on a golf course.

Which means.. the best is a DVD of the 1970 VFL Grand Final. I go all weak at the knees just thinking about it ;)

Moe Norman
23rd March 2006, 06:41 PM
best is a Callaway Big Bertha Driver in 2001 I bought for $11.50 no reserve auction with no dummy bidders. The guy wasn't happy but coughed the club up in the end.

I put it straight in the Trading Post and got $250, 4 days later!

Webster
23rd March 2006, 07:09 PM
Moe,

Similar story here. Bought a set of 2-SW Titleist 962 irons (missing the 6 iron) from Cash Converters for $85. Yes $85. Went straight to the local House of Golf where they gladly sold me their "demo" 6 iron for $40. Sold the lot on ebay for $425 a week later.

That was back in the good old days before CC's became internet savvy (bastards)

Davemason
23rd March 2006, 07:46 PM
Early last year I bought a TaylorMade (what was suppose to be a rain suit) from Japan when I got it was to small and only made out of the lightest spray jacket material payed all most $90 I think and I haven't used it to date

ren
27th March 2006, 06:42 PM
bought a Anser Scottsdale from an aussie seller which had a lie angle of about a million degrees. Apparently the father had bent it for a small kid. Terrible, and I paid 120 for it.

connico
31st March 2006, 01:10 AM
Early last year I bought a TaylorMade (what was suppose to be a rain suit) from Japan when I got it was to small and only made out of the lightest spray jacket material payed all most $90 I think and I haven't used it to date

give you 20 for it, will prob fit a small asian like me... :)

I just brought a whole lot of random balls...all in aaa+ i was disapointed that non of them where hot dots....freaking out of 50balls...25% are brand name balls with minor markings 3core soft feeling, 50% of them two core distance balls...brand name... and the rest...****ed...but no hot.dot...i was miffed!