PDA

View Full Version : Ask an Ozgolf Love Guru Thread

Micdeez
17th March 2015, 10:14 AM
Dear OzGolf Love Guru,

So our 2 year anniversary is coming up for renewal (April 5), and I have NFI what to do.
For our 1 year event, I took her out to Nielsen Park, Vaucluse overlooking the Bay and just had a good ol' fashioned picnic and champers. It was a great day and I was chuffed at myself that all went well.

Seeing as the day now aligns with the Easter weekend, I would like to possibly take her out on a mini holiday somewhere secluded and relaxing, or maybe just a nice dinner somewhere in the city (although doesn't seem thoughtful?).

I welcome your words of wisdom and profound knowledge. Bit of background, I am 32 and other half is 26. We aren't married but live together and can say with confidence that our relationship is very healthy.

Cheers

live4golf
17th March 2015, 10:21 AM
Test the relationship...take her to a resort with a golf course :)

Scifisicko
17th March 2015, 10:23 AM
Im no use to you. Ive forgotten what that was like. The day my wife turned 40 was a busy day at work. I meant to get a nice cake but i left late. I picked up a cake in a plastic wrapper from a convenience store. 10 years on she still talks about it. At least it was memorable....

Peppas
17th March 2015, 10:24 AM
Get out of that de facto shit now while you still can.

Ferrins
17th March 2015, 10:28 AM
Get out on the water with a private yacht charter. Give her a aqua marine pendant to mark the occasion. She will keep the pendant and one day it will go to your daughter or grand daughter.

benno_r
17th March 2015, 10:29 AM
In all honesty, don't keep trying to top the one before. It'll end up either costing you a fortune, or major disappointment when you can't keep it going.

Wake her up with Breakfast in bed and remind her how lucky she makes you feel. Make some sweet love then go have a game of golf.

Note: This is my typical anniversary celebration.

Captain Nemo
17th March 2015, 10:29 AM
Id take her to the Cross and get a feed catch a show.
Pink Pussycat is a good start.
Love The Captain!

Ferrins
17th March 2015, 10:34 AM
In all honesty, don't keep trying to top the one before. It'll end up either costing you a fortune, or major disappointment when you can't keep it going.

Wake her up with Breakfast in bed and remind her how lucky she makes you feel. Make some sweet love then go have a game of golf.

Note: This is my typical anniversary celebration.

OK then borrow a tinnie.

Micdeez
17th March 2015, 10:37 AM
Test the relationship...take her to a resort with a golf course :)

Any thoughts where?

Im no use to you. Ive forgotten what that was like. The day my wife turned 40 was a busy day at work. I meant to get a nice cake but i left late. I picked up a cake in a plastic wrapper from a convenience store. 10 years on she still talks about it. At least it was memorable....

Thanks anyway

Get out of that de facto shit now while you still can.

Are you suggesting I put a ring on it?

Get out on the water with a private yacht charter. Give her a aqua marine pendant to mark the occasion. She will keep the pendant and one day it will go to your daughter or grand daughter.

I like this. Never taken her out on a boat so I hope she isn't one of those sea-sick types...

I am OK at cooking, and I think I've covered the sweet love bit. Not sure about the game of golf after. Is that as bad as making love to your woman and not giving her cuddles after?

benno_r
17th March 2015, 10:44 AM
I am OK at cooking, and I think I've covered the sweet love bit. Not sure about the game of golf after. Is that as bad as making love to your woman and not giving her cuddles after?

Overrated. Generally after sweet love (on any other day but our anniversary) I am straight downstairs to glue up some driver shafts.

Edit: It's all about setting precedents and putting your foot down early. You get into patterns of giving her everything she wants, she will expect it all the time.

Ferrins
17th March 2015, 10:46 AM
Get this at Pittwater

4.50m
Boat Width: 1.90m
Car Towing Capacity Needed: 900kg
Engine Size: 40hp
Offshore Limit: NA - smooth waters only
State Passenger Capacity: 4 adults

BOND REQUIRED
BOAT LICENCE REQUIRED IN WA
HIRE WITHOUT A BOAT LICENCE IN NSW, VIC & QLD (THE RUNABOUT IS POWERED BY A 40hp ENGINE. GENERALLY SPEAKING YOU NEED A BOAT LICENCE TO OPERATE THIS VESSEL. FOR CUSTOMERS WHO WISH TO HIRE BUT DO NOT HOLD A VALID BOAT LICENCE, WE PLACE A RESTRICTOR ON THE ENGINE, LIMITING THE SPEED OF THE VESSEL TO LESS THAN 10 KNOTS.)

benno_r
17th March 2015, 10:48 AM
Get this at Pittwater

4.50m
Boat Width: 1.90m
Car Towing Capacity Needed: 900kg
Engine Size: 40hp
Offshore Limit: NA - smooth waters only
State Passenger Capacity: 4 adults

BOND REQUIRED
BOAT LICENCE REQUIRED IN WA
HIRE WITHOUT A BOAT LICENCE IN NSW, VIC & QLD (THE RUNABOUT IS POWERED BY A 40hp ENGINE. GENERALLY SPEAKING YOU NEED A BOAT LICENCE TO OPERATE THIS VESSEL. FOR CUSTOMERS WHO WISH TO HIRE BUT DO NOT HOLD A VALID BOAT LICENCE, WE PLACE A RESTRICTOR ON THE ENGINE, LIMITING THE SPEED OF THE VESSEL TO LESS THAN 10 KNOTS.)

A while back, a girl who is now an ex, and I, went out on a BOAB hire similar to this. Wouldn't let me bang her on the boat (was worried someone might see), and was whining the whole time I was fishing. Never again.

Edit: Upholding my honour as a faithful husband.

Micdeez
17th March 2015, 10:49 AM
Id take her to the Cross and get a feed catch a show.
Pink Pussycat is a good start.
Love The Captain!

The Captain, I believe she thoroughly enjoyed a show at the Cross on a hens a week or so back.
It could be a win-win for both but its seems like a precarious option!

Ferrins
17th March 2015, 10:54 AM
The guy who sold me his tinnie said he did and even described the scene.

Peppas
17th March 2015, 10:55 AM
Are you suggesting I put a ring on it?

No

Weekend in the hunter. Have fun :)

Captain Nemo
17th March 2015, 10:56 AM
The Captain, I believe she thoroughly enjoyed a show at the Cross on a hens a week or so back.
It could be a win-win for both but its seems like a precarious option!

:smt023

markTHEblake
17th March 2015, 11:40 AM
I took a an ex out on a BOAB hire similar to this. Wouldn't let me bang her on the boat (was worried someone might see), and was whining the whole time I was fishing. Never again. What did the missus think about you trying to shag an ex ?

benno_r
17th March 2015, 11:43 AM
What did the missus think about you trying to shag an ex ?

I see what you did there.

Many people know my lovely wife, so i better update my post. :D

Yossarian
17th March 2015, 11:44 AM
Hire a room full of kittens.

Micdeez
17th March 2015, 12:35 PM
For some reason, a scenic helicopter ride sprung my mind. Any thoughts on that?

benno_r
17th March 2015, 12:40 PM

Too fancy mate. Unless it drops you off at a nice course for a round. :D

My question is - what is the one thing she loves to do, but never gets the chance? Find out what it is and do it randomly at some stage during the year. Then refer my previous post for anniversaries etc. Seriously.

Edit: And to put this in perspective, my Mrs boxes and sends all my clubs, and picks them all up from the post office, and I follow the advice above.

KristianJ
17th March 2015, 01:19 PM
For some reason, a scenic helicopter ride sprung my mind. Any thoughts on that? Bungee rope?

markTHEblake
17th March 2015, 01:22 PM
After 20+ years of marriage I have discovered the secret to making her happy, and it's none of the materialistic bullshit.
1. Listen to her.
2. Acknowledge you are listening (bonus point).
3. Engage in HER conversation (huge bonus points).
And never ever surprise a woman. If you are gunna treat her to a romantic occasion, TELL her long beforehand. That way you score points when you told her, bonus points Everytime she tells a friend and triple points when it happens

3oneday
17th March 2015, 01:32 PM
can say with confidence that our relationship is very healthy.

bragger.

It'll pass.

LeftyHoges
17th March 2015, 01:32 PM
I like the idea of a helicopter ride, hot air balloon ride etc.

Last year when holidaying in Perth I bought the Mrs a jetboat ride on the Swan river (which she LOVED!), and a skydive over the beach. Unfortunately the weather wasn't good enough on the day to do it, but we have them paid for and can use them at quite a few different places around Australia, so we'll look to use them somewhere nice or just go back to Perth (coincidentally around GSM Champs time).

Someone suggested a nice weekend in the Hunter, that's certainly not the worst idea in the world. Splash out on a nice B&B and do a few wineries, chocolate factories etc.

Captain Nemo
17th March 2015, 02:02 PM
You guys are such sucks, harden the **** up the lot of you!
As 3 said, it will pass... :)

Yossarian
17th March 2015, 02:05 PM
Yeah doing something nice for a person you ostensibly love is soft guys.

Johnny Canuck
17th March 2015, 02:12 PM

You had me at hello.

Croydo
17th March 2015, 02:21 PM
Whatever you do, don't take her to the Opera.

You could look at going to the blue mountains, the hydro majestic does a really good high tea and has recently been done up.

LarryLong
17th March 2015, 02:30 PM
My 11th or 12th (I think) anniversary is coming up in 4 days. No plans on either side of the fence that I'm aware of. Of course, she forgot the first one, so I've been off the hook ever since.

My advice would be to 'forget' the anniversary this year. You're early enough into the game that she will forgive you and laugh about it, and probably give you a ribbing over it for the rest of your life, which will add to the fun.

3oneday
17th March 2015, 03:16 PM
My 18th was Sunday. I got a card, she got a card and scratchies. I spent the day at Rockdale, she spent the day cleaning and ironing.

I would have liked a game of golf.

sms316
17th March 2015, 03:28 PM
Give her a supergoal

LeftyHoges
17th March 2015, 03:31 PM
Give her a supergoal

Fun for the whole family!

Micdeez
17th March 2015, 03:35 PM
Too fancy mate. Unless it drops you off at a nice course for a round. :D

My question is - what is the one thing she loves to do, but never gets the chance? Find out what it is and do it randomly at some stage during the year. Then refer my previous post for anniversaries etc. Seriously.

Edit: And to put this in perspective, my Mrs boxes and sends all my clubs, and picks them all up from the post office, and I follow the advice above.

Ultimately she wants to go on an overseas holiday... We are planning something for Xmas. I would like the anniversary simple and to not over-engineer it so your idea is still a good one.

After 20+ years of marriage I have discovered the secret to making her happy, and it's none of the materialistic bullshit.
1. Listen to her.
And never ever surprise a woman. If you are gunna treat her to a romantic occasion, TELL her long beforehand. That way you score points when you told her, bonus points Everytime she tells a friend and triple points when it happens

All points noted! I'm sure they can apply to all here!

bragger.

It'll pass.

Can you give me a ballpark figure -in years scenario?

I like the idea of a helicopter ride, hot air balloon ride etc.

Last year when holidaying in Perth I bought the Mrs a jetboat ride on the Swan river (which she LOVED!), and a skydive over the beach. Unfortunately the weather wasn't good enough on the day to do it, but we have them paid for and can use them at quite a few different places around Australia, so we'll look to use them somewhere nice or just go back to Perth (coincidentally around GSM Champs time).

Someone suggested a nice weekend in the Hunter, that's certainly not the worst idea in the world. Splash out on a nice B&B and do a few wineries, chocolate factories etc.

We actually went to Hunter for a wedding a month ago, really enjoyed the scenery and had time to go on one tour. Sadly I didn't have time to play The Vintage where we stayed (Crown) so potentially it could be an idea as she's keen to play a round (not sure if she was serious though?).

You guys are such sucks, harden the **** up the lot of you!
As 3 said, it will pass... :)

:oops:

My 11th or 12th (I think) anniversary is coming up in 4 days. No plans on either side of the fence that I'm aware of. Of course, she forgot the first one, so I've been off the hook ever since.

My advice would be to 'forget' the anniversary this year. You're early enough into the game that she will forgive you and laugh about it, and probably give you a ribbing over it for the rest of your life, which will add to the fun.

My 18th was Sunday. I got a card, she got a card and scratchies. I spent the day at Rockdale, she spent the day cleaning and ironing.

I would have liked a game of golf.

I mentioned in another thread, she's getting me a new push cart for our 2 year, and I would like to at least make a little effort and some good ideas on here so far. I can tell you the ONE thing she definitely wants and its something a bloke has to get on one knee for...

Shreko
17th March 2015, 03:41 PM
Hire a room full of kittens.

Please for the love of God!!! Do not start that thread again!!!!!!!

Shreko
17th March 2015, 03:42 PM
1. Listen to her.

+1 bonus point!!!!!!

PerryGroves
17th March 2015, 03:44 PM
1. Listen to her.

Unworkable, go with the helicopter

3oneday
17th March 2015, 04:01 PM
I'd say a cookbook.

Mind you, I gave up giving mine this when I realised it would make no difference.

WBennett
17th March 2015, 04:06 PM
I had my 10th wedding anniversary earlier this year.
I went to the Vic Champs.

LeftyHoges
17th March 2015, 04:07 PM
I can tell you the ONE thing she definitely wants and its something a bloke has to get on one knee for...

Plugging in all the cables on the back of her computer?

LeftyHoges
17th March 2015, 04:07 PM

#winning!!!!!

Captain Nemo
17th March 2015, 04:10 PM

#where'sthelikebutton

WBennett
#winning!!!!! It cost me $10k at Freedom the week before i left....But #winning

benno_r

Respect!

LeftyHoges
17th March 2015, 04:14 PM
It cost me $10k at Freedom the week before i left....But #winning

#expensivewinning

matty
17th March 2015, 04:28 PM
Do something out of the box. One anniversary I bought tickets to a sporting event we both liked, the next one a boat licence course for both (surprisingly was a hit), the latest was indoor skydiving (massive hit), the next week be a few laps in a V8 around Eastern Creek. The point is this is the stuff she would never do in a million years but provides the biggest kick. It's to the point now where she almost dreads the day coming up :)

mudrat
17th March 2015, 04:54 PM
Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen!!!!!

Yossarian
17th March 2015, 04:59 PM
Give her a supergoal

Do something out of the box. It's to the point now where she almost dreads the day coming up :)

:neutral:

Dotty
17th March 2015, 06:01 PM
Prep Kit C.

It'll give you plenty of time for 18 holes and a skinful afterwards.

Micdeez
17th March 2015, 06:27 PM
Absolute gems in here, I'm in stitches!

spanner039
17th March 2015, 07:07 PM
Read this page first. for my 20th this week taking the bride to vietnam and Thailand, then realised it was your unmarried (?) 2nd, we didnt get any unmarried anniversaries, for our 2nd wedding I recon I did the TAB and kfc.

mrbluu
17th March 2015, 07:30 PM
Our 11th is coming this week. I didn't do anything for out 10th so was think I should take her away somewhere but haven't got around to organising anything. Maybe we don't have a babysitter might just have to do a quiet night in and watch the footy!!!

timah!
17th March 2015, 07:57 PM
Unmarried second anniversary? Dinner and some bling.

Is she doing anything for you?

Micdeez
17th March 2015, 08:03 PM
She's getting me any push cart that I choose.

Bling sounds like a great idea. I think I am just going to ask her (now) as I fear that I'll pick something that she won't like.

Bluu, go find yourself a sitter mate :)

timah!
17th March 2015, 08:06 PM

Bling sounds like a great idea. I think I am just going to ask her (now) as I fear that I'll pick something that she won't like.

Don't ask. Asking is boring. Do some leg work, raid her jewellery box. Gold, white gold or silver. Earrings, watch, bracelet, necklace. NO RINGS.
A couple of hundred should see you get something nice. There may not be diamonds but that shouldn't be an issue.

There's plenty of time down the track to go bananas on gifts...

Steve57
17th March 2015, 08:06 PM
For our 30th anniversary I got to play Pebble Beach, The Links at Spanish Bay, TPC Harding Park and spent 3 days at Silverado Resort at Napa Valley. Get her playing golf and you are made for life!
32 years this year and reminiscing on the sand belt in Melbourne is on the cards.
Winning!

Ron Burgundy
17th March 2015, 08:33 PM
Don't ask. Asking is boring. Do some leg work, raid her jewellery box. Gold, white gold or silver. Earrings, watch, bracelet, necklace. NO RINGS. A couple of hundred should see you get something nice. There may not be diamonds but that shouldn't be an issue. There's plenty of time down the track to go bananas on gifts... This. Definitely this. Just pick your price point, go into Tiffany and get whatever you think she'd like (based on the kind of thing she's bought herself) that fits the budget. It doesn't matter that an equivalent product elsewhere may be cheaper, that little Tiffany box counts for a lot. Although take that with a grain of salt. I spent my wife's 30th birthday interstate on a bucks weekend.

mrbluu
17th March 2015, 08:35 PM

Nope too difficult with my boy....

Coldtopper
17th March 2015, 09:38 PM
As she is only 26 a photo shoot wouldn't be a bad idea. Then see if can get $50 in the homegirls section for your troubles.
Good luck hope it works out

LeftyHoges
17th March 2015, 10:43 PM
As she is only 26 a photo shoot wouldn't be a bad idea. Then see if can get $50 in the homegirls section for your troubles.

Bahahaha.

That still exists???

matty
17th March 2015, 11:04 PM
A secure Ozgolf Homegirls thread?

Hatchman
18th March 2015, 03:30 AM

Too much out there for this site.

Micdeez
18th March 2015, 08:58 AM

Baha nice try but that ain't going to happen by a long shot. I don't want no OzGolf love gurus taking an eye on my prize!

todd.green.161
18th March 2015, 08:41 PM
Take her to a golf resort is the go for our first wedding anniversary I've booked us a week in fiji but it just so happens to be at the intercontinental home of natadola bay golf course oops

Hatchman
18th March 2015, 08:53 PM
All this stuff sound like too much hard work.

oldracer
18th March 2015, 09:07 PM
I went to the Vic Champs.is that why you were OFF!!!!! better be better for your 11th anniversary, you're a winner...remember!!!!! :lol:

oldracer
18th March 2015, 09:08 PM
Take her to a golf resort is the go for our first wedding anniversary I've booked us a week in fiji but it just so happens to be at the intercontinental home of natadola bay golf course oopshaha and you're 3 best golf buddies have adjoining rooms, WTF such a coincidence!!!!!!

oldracer
18th March 2015, 09:10 PM
For our 30th anniversary I got to play Pebble Beach, The Links at Spanish Bay, TPC Harding Park and spent 3 days at Silverado Resort at Napa Valley. Get her playing golf and you are made for life!
32 years this year and reminiscing on the sand belt in Melbourne is on the cards.
Winning!oh yeah NOICE!!!!!!!!!

goughy
18th March 2015, 09:19 PM
'The Ladies Man' should be able to answer all your questions
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0213790/quotes

matty
18th March 2015, 09:36 PM
WTF such a coincidence!!!!!!

haha. Going camping in Easter. Me and two other mates have organised to turn up at same day with respective wives and play , 'WTF, what are the chances!!' game. Yep, can't wait :)

KristianJ
18th March 2015, 10:20 PM
haha. Going camping in Easter. Me and two other mates have organised to turn up at same day with respective wives and play , 'WTF, what are the chances!!' game. Yep, can't wait :)

You getting your ideas from ad land? :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g4Z1OYnlDM

Micdeez
18th March 2015, 10:36 PM
I really like the idea of a resort with "coincidentally" a golf course attached. Should I tell the other half or make it a surprise?

oldracer
18th March 2015, 10:38 PM
haha. Going camping in Easter. Me and two other mates have organised to turn up at same day with respective wives and play , 'WTF, what are the chances!!' game. Yep, can't wait :)bwahahaha what a P!ssa

LarryLong
19th March 2015, 08:45 AM

That's either very cool, or suicidal. Can't work out which. :)

IanO
31st March 2015, 02:58 AM
First couple of years just pick something that you both like doing together but don't get to do very often, book it and go do that. Tell her weeks in advance that you have organised something so she doesn't double up, BUT it also gets you the brownie points as she brags to her girlfriends that you are thoughtful enough to have planned something in advance. (Someone mentioned the brownie points earlier but I can't remember who to give them credit)

Micdeez
7th April 2015, 08:55 PM
Quick recap: One night at Peppers Craigieburn (South, VERY SW Sydney), was a lovely place we were invited to a wedding earlier this year.

Nevertheless, it was a great mini getaway and they have a 9 hole golf course, so guess what, best of both worlds!!!

There was a nice dinner, plenty of red wines, and sweet sweet love-making to end the night...

Couldn't have done it without you guys, appreciate the tips.

-Love Guru Apprentice

oldracer
7th April 2015, 09:21 PM
Quick recap: One night at Peppers Craigieburn (South, VERY SW Sydney), was a lovely place we were invited to a wedding earlier this year.

Nevertheless, it was a great mini getaway and they have a 9 hole golf course, so guess what, best of both worlds!!!

There was a nice dinner, plenty of red wines, and sweet sweet love-making to end the night...

-Love Guru Apprenticeway too much information for us old farts thanks =P~

markTHEblake
7th April 2015, 09:21 PM
(Someone mentioned the brownie points earlier but I can't remember who to give them credit)
am always happy to help a brother out

Peppas
10th April 2015, 04:38 PM

-Love Guru Apprentice

Bowral right?

Which 9 did you play? ;)

WBennett
10th April 2015, 04:41 PM
There is a dodgy 9 holer on the property.

Peppas
10th April 2015, 04:43 PM
There is a dodgy 9 holer on the property.

That wasn't what I was asking... ;)

mrbluu
10th April 2015, 04:48 PM
Quick recap: One night at Peppers Craigieburn (South, VERY SW Sydney), was a lovely place we were invited to a

-Love Guru Apprentice

Bowral right?

Which 9 did you play? ;)
Did u have any reciprocal rights???

Peppas
10th April 2015, 04:49 PM
Did u have any reciprocal rights???

Nah I am pretty sure we aren't eskimo brothers

Micdeez
10th April 2015, 08:09 PM
Haha good one boys