PDA

View Full Version : A little help here pls

andylo
23rd March 2006, 04:11 PM
So... I have obtained a SC Phamtom Mallet :) *Note: RedX officially for sell now*

Its again an ex-nudgee product owned by KelvinC until lastnite. Jamie use marker pen (I think) to black out the white line on top because he think its too busy for his eye but I actually want them to look like whats original before. Before I am going to pour a litre of thinner or tub on the putter I think I better ask you guys some professional opinion.

So please help. Thanks in advance.

Moe Norman
23rd March 2006, 04:17 PM
use metho

andylo
23rd March 2006, 04:18 PM
metho??

Matt 3 Jab
23rd March 2006, 04:26 PM
methalated spirits, and yea that would be a good choice.

andylo
23rd March 2006, 04:34 PM
Something I can get from Kmart/Metro 10/Burning Warehouse?

Matt 3 Jab
23rd March 2006, 04:35 PM
im sure franklands or woolies sell it

andylo
23rd March 2006, 04:36 PM
Cool thanks...

So how to apply it? Chuck the whole putter there and wait for the colour to go? Or just stuff like cotton butt and be patient?

Jarro
23rd March 2006, 04:39 PM
just be careful ALo, you might not only take off the black pen mark ... but the original paint underneath :shock:

AndyP
23rd March 2006, 04:39 PM
Or just stuff like cotton butt and be patient?
You might have to ask jarro about that sort of thing.

andylo
23rd March 2006, 04:42 PM
Crap... so what should I do?! :cry:

Moe Norman
23rd March 2006, 04:44 PM
use a cotton bud and only wipe the black mark lightly.

or alternatively, get a whiteboard marker and go over the top of the permanent marker then use water to wash it away, thats probably the safest option.

andylo
23rd March 2006, 04:45 PM
Will try the white board marker option now as I have the putter right next to me :D

Jarro
23rd March 2006, 04:48 PM
i hope you aren't stroking the shaft on it too vigorously ALo ... you know that sort of thing will make you go blind eventually ;)

AndyP
23rd March 2006, 04:50 PM
i hope you aren't stroking the shaft on it too vigorously ALo ... you know that sort of thing will make you go blind eventually ;)
He has to do something while he patiently waits for some cotton butt action.....

Jarro
23rd March 2006, 04:52 PM
He has to do something while he patiently waits for some cotton butt action.....

i suppose he could do the stroking with one hand while getting some cotton butt action with the other .....

miro
23rd March 2006, 05:40 PM
jarro,

keep it on topic if you wouldn't mind (seriously where are those f....en smilies -there is supposed to be a raspberry blowing smiley here Jarro)

Miro (revenge seeker)

Webster
23rd March 2006, 05:42 PM
Andylo - I love your threads. Not only do I learn new things about golf clubs that I never thought of before, but I also get a whole new version of the English language to boot.

Keep up the good work (and good luck with the cotton butt)

Love, Jack.

Pinglauncher
23rd March 2006, 05:51 PM
If the metho does not work try some nail polish remover, preferably one with acetone in it.

Webster
23rd March 2006, 05:53 PM
use turps

connico
23rd March 2006, 05:54 PM
acetone might take the white line off as well, its pretty extreme...but its still worth a try if metho or the white marker doesnt work, but dont use paint thinner that stuff is nasty...or paint remover

Jarro
23rd March 2006, 06:18 PM
jarro,

keep it on topic if you wouldn't mind (seriously where are those f....en smilies -there is supposed to be a raspberry blowing smiley here Jarro)

Miro (revenge seeker)

hey, i'm a moderator ... i can do what i F'ing well like :p

gazgolf1
23rd March 2006, 06:41 PM

Andy....I'd steer clear of buying any of these products from Burning warehouses.;)

Fishman Dan
23rd March 2006, 06:41 PM

It's only a Burning Warehouse once you've bought the metho, applied liberally to the front door, and married the liquid with a naked flame.

pt73
23rd March 2006, 09:39 PM
Use turps on a cotton bud and rub lightly.

If the paint comes off then go buy some model paint from a toy store (or white nail polish) and reapply the colour. If you've been too generous then dip a rag in some turps and wipe the excess off.

p.s. What length is the RedX, is it the X or X2 ?

PT

markTHEblake
23rd March 2006, 10:41 PM
try vinegar and sandpaper

Jarro
24th March 2006, 05:57 AM
don't try the sandpaper ALo ... you'll ruin the putter.

just try lightly rubbing the pen mark with the metho and see what happens.

Moe Norman
24th March 2006, 08:58 AM
his absence either suggests it went horribly wrong or it turned out beautifully and he is still stroking the shaft as described....

connico
24th March 2006, 09:08 AM
haha find out one chat, his usually on chat during business working hours :)

Bruce
24th March 2006, 09:46 AM
Chewing gum gets out texta marks. Or is it mayonaise? Or peanut butter?

I can't find putters on the list here (http://doityourself.com/clean/stainremoval.htm) or here (http://www.howtocleananything.com/). You'll just have to try the mayonaise.

andylo
24th March 2006, 09:53 AM
Use turps on a cotton bud and rub lightly.

If the paint comes off then go buy some model paint from a toy store (or white nail polish) and reapply the colour. If you've been too generous then dip a rag in some turps and wipe the excess off.

p.s. What length is the RedX, is it the X or X2 ?

PT

Its X (heel shaft) and 35" length

pt73
24th March 2006, 10:45 AM
Mmmmmm.

PM sent.