PDA

View Full Version : putt better with a beat up putter?

artofputting
11th March 2015, 05:43 PM
i recently refurbished one of my gamers, a scotty cameron studio design 2.5, which had been my life-saver on the greens manyatimes. it really suited my eye and my putting stroke just came naturally with it

i decided to give it a makeover cos it was pretty beat up.

strangely though, after the refurb, it looks as pretty as a penny, but somehow it doesn't suit my eye as well anymore. it's almost as if the lines and edges of the putter stand out too clearly now and kinda distract me. whereas back when it was beat up, the putter almost blended in with the background.

anyone has a similar experience??? wish i had taken a 'before' pic of the putter so i could show a comparison

wazandnic
11th March 2015, 10:00 PM
Maybe you just have to keep that one as a wall hanger and buy another old beat up one! 8)

Dotty
12th March 2015, 09:12 AM
I'm the same with new shoes.

I get distracted by the shiny shoes, and can't concentrate on the putting stroke.

Captain Nemo
12th March 2015, 09:15 AM
This is my current gamer.....29 putts with it first (and only) comp round few weeks back!
Its a touch light but love the feel.

AusOdy
12th March 2015, 10:19 AM
I'm the same with new shoes.

I get distracted by the shiny shoes, and can't concentrate on the putting stroke.

mrbluu
12th March 2015, 10:23 AM
This is my current gamer.....29 putts with it first (and only) comp round few weeks back!
Its a touch light but love the feel.

Don't you have about 29 putts every round???