PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 20th March

AndyP
22nd March 2006, 09:25 AM
Thread for this week's rounds, as suggested by Peter_rs.

Moe Norman
22nd March 2006, 09:44 AM
I haven't played this week, but I look forward to reading how everyone goes THIS week :smt044

Ona
22nd March 2006, 09:53 AM
Had my first hit in about 10 weeks yesterday at Clifton Springs GC :-D Despite the travel, that place is prolly the red hot favourite to get my membership at some point this year. Didn't score so good but hit more than a couple of shots that made me smile :mrgreen: more than a couple that made me do something else but we'll forget about them. Hybrid went great most of the time and even better I hit a few nice drives. not surprisingly the short game was not soo good. Overall the swing felt very promising and i'm really looking forward to the next hitout.

12 over 83
7/14 fairways
7 GIR
3/10 UD
0/2 SS
33 putts

no going back now :smt023

Flowergirl
22nd March 2006, 10:03 PM
Mixed Canadian Foursomes today. Both players tee off - then play each others ball - then choose best ball and proced as normal foursomes. Good game.
We played like champions!!! We had 75 off the stick ( par is 70) for a nett 62. We won by three shots. I was very happy how I hit the ball and very pleased with my short game. My partner was rock solid all day and we teamed up well.
Pennant starts next week - I can't wait. :-D

BrisVegas
23rd March 2006, 07:57 AM
Good work FG. That's an amzing score for that format.

Flowergirl
23rd March 2006, 08:10 AM
Thanks Dion :). It's a pretty easy format really cos you get to choose the best ball after two shots. If the first of the second shots is a safe shot it gives the second player a chance to go for it. ( Yep - that sentence does make sense!!)

Matt 3 Jab
23rd March 2006, 08:59 AM
well done, its always good to play different formats, and you nailed this one for sure!

connico
25th March 2006, 02:30 PM
Had a horrible day again...

32 points, 3 wipes, 11points 1st nine and 21 points back nine...horrible...hope i play better tomorrow

Moe Norman
25th March 2006, 02:40 PM
Brisbane Golf Club - 81 net 74.

but wait for it!!! only 29 putts

amanda
25th March 2006, 05:40 PM
Congrats to Matt3Jab on a good score today - perhaps he didn't play to his full potential - but scored very well - he'll have a 6 handicap after his efforts :)

I played a miserable game - my driver was out of control the entire day - which gave me a very ordinary 20 points. I had 2 birdie putts lip out and made 3 pars - so it wasn't horrid!

oz
25th March 2006, 05:55 PM
Decent round today in the stroke comp at Myrtleford. Managed a 76 (nett 70) with a couple of 3 putts, and a very disappointing bogey on the par 5 17th, after being pin high greenside in 2. I drove it better, and the iron play was pleasing. Short game was a little disappointing, although it was on a foreign course, with some small greens. Coulda been worse. :)

Matt 3 Jab
26th March 2006, 10:10 AM
well, im very happy to report i played well!!!
had a +3 75 which gave me 40 points.
28 putts, only i 3 putt, putted well from short distnces and the short game was good for most of the day, didnt drive it great, but recoverd well.
11 greens in regulation, and made 4 birdies, which was good.
the 3 wood went great, staying in the bag for a long time.
now back down to 6.1, few more games and i hope to have it down to 5.

pt73
26th March 2006, 02:49 PM
Choke of the century ....

Played first 8 holes 4 under and with the easiest stretch to come, managed 10 over for the last 10 to shoot 78 (+6).

Back to the drawing board ....... :-(

PT

connico
26th March 2006, 05:27 PM
36 points...no comment really, sand was bad driver was bad and i took a bit of earth today...

other than that i was ok...

shazza_rs
26th March 2006, 05:54 PM
Played matchplay in the KO cup at Riverlakes on saturday.

Went down 4 and 3... was pretty impressed to keep it to there as I was four down after the first 4 holes. The guy i was playing against beat me on the 15th with a birdie, I only made par. :(

Played at Riverlakes today with Alo, Keza, scotty, and pete. Played okay for a 94/77 ..... hit my driver well, approach shots were a little wayward..... played well out of the sand .... oh well there is always next week.

Pinglauncher
26th March 2006, 06:44 PM
well, im very happy to report i played well!!!
had a +3 75 which gave me 40 points.
28 putts, only i 3 putt, putted well from short distnces and the short game was good for most of the day, didnt drive it great, but recoverd well.
11 greens in regulation, and made 4 birdies, which was good.
the 3 wood went great, staying in the bag for a long time.
now back down to 6.1, few more games and i hope to have it down to 5.

Well played Matt, a great round. Sounds like the Scotty is helping.

Ona
26th March 2006, 08:14 PM
PT, OUCH!

played clifton again today. six shots better than last time, but again two clubs really killed me. this time twas the bloody driver and that stinkin putter.

77 (71)
6/14 FIR
10 GIR
2/8 UD
35 putts
2 birds 2doubles

jimandr
26th March 2006, 09:45 PM
At Cumberland today with Connico. Lots of excuses - a new driver, a course I virtually hadn't seen before. With six holes to go I developed what is known in polite circles as a stomach bug. Hard to swing properly with your legs crossed, let me tell you. And no on-course toilet that I could see.

Didn't need any of the excuses, as I played quite well for 35 points. The new second-hand Mizuno MP-001 driver was a significant success.

Fairways = 11 of 13
GIR = 9 of 18
Putts = 33, zero 3 putts, 1 birdie
Up & Down = 2 of 7
Sand Saves = 0 of 1

Flowergirl
26th March 2006, 10:04 PM
Brisbane Golf Club - 81 net 74.

but wait for it!!! only 29 putts

29 putts --------what a legand. Well done.:-D Just gotta believe in yourself.:smt002

peter_rs
27th March 2006, 09:25 AM
OK, the weekend results :(

Played in a stab event on sat 29 points with 5 washes. 34 putts but missed a few, was not too happy with the irons or driver.

I went out sat arvo and played another 24 more holes. and the ball striking improved with a little setup change 40 pts (for the second 18 holes). I was surprised that the ball striking got better as the more JACK's went down.

Played with guys on sunday and well the driver and irons where not flash (Improved) but to shot a 88 net 68 (personal in stroke on the course) with 44 putts I think they get excused from the melting pot. The greens are not great but I just could not figure out the line or speed.

I think I have learned a new stoke the low mongrel hook. great for those into wind holes :) I wonder if thats a shot a 20 capper should be trying to hit from the tee.

Oh well bring on next week and maybe a few more ozgolfers can make it for a sunday arvo round.

See moe 29 putts you are better then me ;)

BrisVegas
27th March 2006, 09:31 AM
... shot a 88 net 68 (personal in stroke on the course) with 44 putts I think they get excused from the melting pot. The greens are not great but I just could not figure out the line or speed.

I still can't believe you can have 44 putts and 68 nett!! Your handicap could easily come down 8 shots... :shock:

Any chance the greens will be better by next weekend's pro-am??? :-s

AndyP
27th March 2006, 09:51 AM
25/03/2006, Royal Pines Resort (East), Social Round.

FWRR: Fun, fun, shanky fun.

7/14 effective fairways.
4/18 effective approaches.
4/10 up & down successes.
30 putts.
6 shots penalised.
---------------------
1 birdie.
7 pars.
5 bogeys.
2 doubles.
3 others.

Score 47-46-93 nett 80, 15-18-33 stab (Par 36-36-72).

Had a fun social round on Saturday with a mate at Royal Pines. It was good to see my mate enjoying his golf, and hitting some good shots, as he tends to struggle around the course at times. The Prizms seem to be working for him.....

I'm still adjusting to my setup, so I was a little inconsistent. Drives were pretty good, especially with the driver. It was other clubs off the tee that seemed to be failing me.

Irons were so-so for most of the day. I can handle bad shots, but shanks are just so frustrating. I had a few, and they really hurt the scorecard.

Putter was on fire. I seem to be rolling the ball really well at the moment and putting with confidence. Highlight was a downhill 40 foot putt on our third.

The back nine was interesting for me. Quintuple bogey (water right, then left off the tee), bogey, par, par, par, par, par, quintuple bogey, birdie...... If I had a bad hole, it was really bad, including missing putts that I was easily making the rest of the day.

Looking forward to my next hit, and will continue slugging away at the range in the meantime.

Next round: probably McLeod Cup, April 8.

peter_rs
27th March 2006, 09:53 AM
When I say the greens where not good, they where still better then last time we all played gailies.

The greens will be better, possible even rolled if required (they cann't afford to have bad greens for a pro-am). It was more I was putting like crap and they were old holes as they don't want to cut new hole close to the pro-am so balls that may have fallen on a clean hole rolled out. As a side note I did have 3 1 putts (2 sand saves, One was a 15+m putt as I had to go side ways out of the bunker) and 4x2 putts the the rest was bad (3 putts tap-in's)

You have me both hope on the hcp BV.

BrisWesty
27th March 2006, 11:03 AM
What is going on here?

Moe has been abducted by aliens and his replacement can putt. ;-)

Peter_rs, you're scaring me. 68 net 8-D with 44 putts :-O. (So do you want a 270+ driver or a 15m putt?)

peter_rs
27th March 2006, 11:35 AM
270m+ drive however I would swap that for 100% from 1m range.

I would rather be ****ed I missed 4 birdie putts (has happened, I got five) then trying to hit 4/5 irons in to setup birdie.

AndyP
27th March 2006, 11:42 AM
..they were old holes as they don't want to cut new hole close to the pro-am so balls that may have fallen on a clean hole rolled out.
I'm not exactly sure what the above tranlates to, but I think it's the first time I've seen the hole used as an excuse for putts not going in.

peter_rs
27th March 2006, 12:06 PM
Ap have you even ever seen the difference between the edge of a new and old hole.

Hey if you had been the group I would have probably blamed you. After all I hacker ;)

brad
27th March 2006, 12:09 PM
Game on Saturday was very ordinary. Had 25 stab points and here are the stats:
- no GIRs
- 2 fairways
- 2/17 saves (sand or up and down)
- 30 putts (that's right - 30 - G damn it all :) )

Oh and apart from one par (yipee) all scores were over par for each hole. I should probably go back to my half swing until it is really grooved.

Chao :)

AndyP
27th March 2006, 12:16 PM
Ap have you even ever seen the difference between the edge of a new and old hole.
Does it matter if it drops in the middle of the hole?

peter_rs
27th March 2006, 12:49 PM
Point taken.

But...

It can if the old hole has a small up lip from where the flag has been laying over, your ball hits it and slides past the edge and slow speed.

terryand
27th March 2006, 12:56 PM
I think an old hole the ball has a greater chance of going in.

The edges aren't sharpe and are rolled over to a degree, thus making the hole a little wider than a new hole.

Terry.

Moe Norman
27th March 2006, 01:27 PM
what tezza said, but I've never really taken nay notice either way.

peter_rs
27th March 2006, 01:29 PM
I agree with tezza if its a down turned lip, but not when its up turned in part.

AndyP
27th March 2006, 01:39 PM
If I need to start taking notice of whether the cup is in an old or new placement, then my putting is in a lot of trouble.

peter_rs
27th March 2006, 01:47 PM
Fine it doesn't matter AP there where a few damaged holes, which effected a few putts

reg320
29th March 2006, 06:40 PM
Played Brisbane on Sun - 76 off the beater, 2 birdies, missed a hole in one by a bees doodle. Still gave away silly strokes, but on the whole pretty happy. Here's the rub - it was off the yellow tees....Shame the social club doesn't play off the tips.

Grunt
29th March 2006, 06:48 PM
Well I put my scores in my Hunter/Port Stephens thread. Just so you all see then I played The Vintage, Newcastle, Pacific Dunes & Nelson Bay from Thursday last week. Didn't break my handicap in any of the games went close @ The Vintage & Pacific Dunes (even though my mate never put my card in and now Golflink say I shot 150+) Comprehensively beaten by the golf course @ both Newcastle & Nelson Bay.