PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: MacBook air

3oneday
5th March 2015, 08:53 AM
My daughter needs one for year 11, anyone in Sydney got one to sell?

markTHEblake
5th March 2015, 02:21 PM
Don't buy 2nd apple products. Repairs are expensive and you have no idea how they have been treated.

Go to the Apple Store outlet and grab a 13" air for $969

becaben
5th March 2015, 02:39 PM
It's not an air but I've got an old Mac Pro machine with monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc etc. It runs the Apple operating system 10.6.8 pretty well. Happy to trade you something for it as it's just taking up space in my son's room at the moment...

3oneday
5th March 2015, 03:26 PM
Don't buy 2nd apple products. Repairs are expensive and you have no idea how they have been treated.

Go to the Apple Store outlet and grab a 13" air for $969it shows $1,199 online?

Courty
5th March 2015, 06:41 PM
Hold off for a few days. Apple have a new product announcement next week. It's mainly for the Apple Watch but there could be other product updates. When they update a product line, the superceded models are available for a short time at discounted prices (usually only a week or two). It might not affect Macbook Airs (there are rumours that they'll be introducing a Retina Macbook Air), but it's worth waiting just in case.

Courty
5th March 2015, 06:43 PM
it shows $1,199 online?

I think he means Refurbished... http://store.apple.com/au/browse/home/specialdeals/mac

sheezymaneezy
5th March 2015, 06:46 PM
it shows $1,199 online?

When you're in the shop screen, scroll to the very bottom and there's a section called 'refurbished and clearance'.

3oneday
5th March 2015, 09:39 PM
Does she need 4gb or 8? http://store.apple.com/au/product/FD101X/A/refurbished-133-inch-macBook-pro-25ghz-dual-core-intel-i5 And whilst this isn't air, would this do?

markTHEblake
5th March 2015, 10:15 PM
Does she need 4gb or 8?

only need 4Gb for Facbook and itunes. they are plenty fast with the SSD drives
I have only bought about 20 macbook airs from the Outlet store. Always the <$1000 ones. no complaints

3oneday
5th March 2015, 11:21 PM
Thanks mtb, supposedly for school so under 1k ideal.

Yossarian
5th March 2015, 11:38 PM
**** me is the ozgolf or an apple store.

3oneday
6th March 2015, 06:10 AM
**** me is the ozgolf or an apple store.ahhh, you learn well little grasshopper :)

Just watch the grammar young fella ;)

Gammon
6th March 2015, 07:25 AM
I was holding out for the next Macbook Air, Imagine the price has or will drop for the current version. The 11 inch is a cool size if you carrying it around everyday.

Micdeez
6th March 2015, 09:19 AM
Would love to help you out here, but I only recently bought a new Mac Air for the missus for her studies, and she absolutely loves it over her Surface Pro which she never uses.

PM me if you are in the market to buy a new one. My company gets corporate rates at most of the big box retailers.

FuzzyJuzzy
6th March 2015, 09:25 AM
Would love to help you out here, but I only recently bought a new Mac Air for the missus for her studies, and she absolutely loves it over her Surface Pro which she never uses.

PM me if you are in the market to buy a new one. My company gets corporate rates at most of the big box retailers.

What sort of corporate rates can you get on Apple products mate? PM me if you'd prefer. Wife and I are over our laptop and are looking to replace it with some form of Apple laptop. I use a MacBook Pro for work and it's awesome.
Oh, BTW, did you end up buying a travel bag? Go alright? I just lent mine to Dangals - hoping he won't get too many Kiwi germs on it when he heads over there with it shortly:).

Micdeez
6th March 2015, 10:09 AM
PM me the model/s that you want and I will check the supplier on pricing. Note that Apple products with retailers on margins are quite thin (typical Apple), however will work out the best price possible.

Not yet, Bluu lent me his, as I can't foresee myself travelling too frequently at the moment so will save some coin for the time being.

markTHEblake
6th March 2015, 01:53 PM
I get corporate rates too, I think 5-7-% from memory. but I don't use that anymore. still get heaps cheaper from the outlet.

3oneday
6th March 2015, 02:19 PM
Thanks guys for all your help, much appreciated.