PDA

View Full Version : Mizuno MP15 Reviews?

billp
17th February 2015, 08:15 AM
Went into local golf shop yesterday afternoon to see if the Cally xr pros, or RSI forged irons have shown up as yet (next couple of weeks apparently). Decided to have a play with the Nike pro combos in the net, and they felt very nice, with a bit of forgiveness to boot.

Old mate left me alone to get another customer so I started to hit all the demo clubs in the bag. Didn't like the RSI 2 or the 850 forged irons, but came across a MP15 6 iron. Wow this thing felt nice, easily the sofest iron I have ever hit.

My question is does anyone play these irons, and how forgiving are they? My normal misses are to the toe, and a thin shot when I get lazy, but other than that I am pretty good at finding the middle with irons.

Next step will be to wait for the other two irons to arrive and take them to the range, and have a shoot out. Then when I find the right one do a proper fitting, and replace the trusty R7TPs maybe if performance is better.

razaar
17th February 2015, 10:50 AM
A mate recently upgraded to the MP 15s and he couldn't be happier. He is Scottish and very pro blades. Played 9-holes with him 2 weeks ago and he hit it solid. He is a member at Wantima if that is of interest to you.

braddles
17th February 2015, 01:19 PM
I haven't hit the MP15s, but make sure you look at the short irons. I think the 9 iron and PW are too big, which rules them out for me. Luke Donald is hitting them pretty well!

Icestorm959
17th February 2015, 05:45 PM
Haven't hit the mp15s, but their predecessors the MP59s were very nice.Almost can't go wrong with mizuno irons imo