PDA

View Full Version : Sporting commentators

cazandpaul
18th March 2006, 12:40 PM
I have 3 main gripes at present:

1) channel 9 commentators at Commonwealth Games - everybody knows we are going to win a gazillion medals against somewhat weak competition so how about a little less gushing and a little bit more reality.

2) Foxsport's cricket commentators especially Tony Greig:evil: - if I hear one more time how unlucky the South Africans are I might just utter an audible obscenity - and Greig's passport should be cancelled and never allowed back into the country.

3) American golf commentators - Tiger is NOT the be all and end all of golf and the world does not revolve around him and the USA.

Aaah I feel a little better now.

goughy
18th March 2006, 12:55 PM
What I dislike about Greig the most is that it's not so much the unlucky SA's, but he backs any team that is playing against Aus.

Fishman Dan
18th March 2006, 01:08 PM
I don't mind Greigy, he's got a quick wit and likes to niggle Bill Lawry and others. He also sides with the opposition - i remember some amusing banter with one of the other cricket commentators that when he's in Sth Africa he'll have to side with the Australians.

Remember - he had to front up and deal with Lillee and Thommo in their prime. That'd sort you out quick smart, and he was one of few who could hold his own.

Grunt
18th March 2006, 03:10 PM
Did any of you hear Greig's comments about a girl in the crowd last night, he said "look at the bounce over there" then "you always hear about the aussie girls well heres South Africa's". Barry Richards was silent for a good minute and you could hear the background laughter. It was pure Greigy remember when he got himself in the poo poo after comments about a wedding adjacent to a cricket match.

Jarro
18th March 2006, 03:27 PM
i think Greigy has stepped up the annoyance level a notch since landing in SA. Some of the biased comments are terrible ... surely he must know that there are a few Aussies watching the coverage :roll:

i agree .... take his passport away. Be interesting to see where he'd actually move to as well ;)

Fishman Dan
18th March 2006, 03:36 PM
Perhaps his love affair with Murali might see him head to the sub-continent.

Mind you, i think he plays out the Murali saga because he knows it craps off Australians ;)

Jarro
18th March 2006, 03:43 PM
he's really payed out on the Aussies a few times while he's been over there.

I've never heard him say anything like that while he's been here ...... seems as though he really is a SAfrican at heart ... he'd probably set up shop over there.

I wouldn't mind if he left yesterday either, can't stand the guy :-x

Webster
18th March 2006, 11:49 PM
I love Tony Greig.

Jarro
19th March 2006, 05:02 AM
i like Bill Lawry more ............

BrisWesty
19th March 2006, 01:25 PM
Isn't "sporting commentators" an oxymoron? Or is that only the case for Tony Greig?

goughy
19th March 2006, 01:53 PM
that'd be oxymoron with a silent 'oxy' Bris...

AndyP
19th March 2006, 02:30 PM
Never fear, Brucey is back next year.

CobraSS
19th March 2006, 10:54 PM
Never fear, Brucey is back next year.

oh thats special :mrgreen: