PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using MP4s

dowdsy
12th February 2015, 03:33 PM
Man I just love these clubs they look so awesome, however I am a 8 handicapper and not sure if they would be a waste of money to put them in my bag. Currently using MP53s and love them but the 4s are a thing of beauty.

benno_r
12th February 2015, 03:50 PM
Lefty was smashing a set down in Vic.

He is the ultra-flusher though.

dowdsy
12th February 2015, 03:55 PM
Yeah I am guessing If you don't flush it there wont be much forgiveness.

3oneday
12th February 2015, 04:01 PM
Just do it, won't make much diff.

Scifisicko
12th February 2015, 04:04 PM
Ive got em. You know when you miss the middle. Agree they are sweeeeeeet looking, but you cant see this when you are over the ball. At least once per round, I get away with a swing (with my gamers) the mp4s would hate. I save a shot per round by not gaming them.

Oldplayer
13th February 2015, 08:56 AM
Reputed to be very forgiving for a blade. It is no secret that modern designs have been engineered to be as playable as possible.
If you have a swing that for the most part is repeatable and consistent you would be able to use the mp4's without hurting your game.
If you like the aesthetics of them that is a valid reason to consider them.

Scifisicko
13th February 2015, 10:58 AM
Every so often I hit one that finishes near the edge of the green or in a bunker that would have been OB or in the water if hit with a blade. That really helps your game! I still hit the 14s from time to time, the MP4s are much closer to them than any CB (in terms of forgiveness). I agree that asthetics are a valid reason, but i prefer scoring.

BeGo
13th February 2015, 03:27 PM
I did try it, and not really different than mp 69, easy to use, but not forgiving on error. :)

I am 28 handicap, and I say that this club among the easiest I tried

rodders
15th February 2015, 08:43 PM
Had these for six months but only played three rounds with them before hoed into something else. After 25 points yesterday there were mass sackings and replaced 12.5 clubs (kept 915 head but changed shaft).

Played the mp4's and had 36 points. I am hopeless but as long as you remotely hit middle they go well.

dowdsy
16th February 2015, 07:56 PM
Had these for six months but only played three rounds with them before hoed into something else. After 25 points yesterday there were mass sackings and replaced 12.5 clubs (kept 915 head but changed shaft).

Played the mp4's and had 36 points. I am hopeless but as long as you remotely hit middle they go well.
What is your handicap rodders if I can ask?

Hatchman
16th February 2015, 09:09 PM
Every so often I hit one that finishes near the edge of the green or in a bunker that would have been OB or in the water if hit with a blade. That really helps your game! I still hit the 14s from time to time, the MP4s are much closer to them than any CB (in terms of forgiveness). I agree that asthetics are a valid reason, but i prefer scoring.

Seriously, that much difference?

I don't subscribe that there is that great a difference.

Scifisicko
17th February 2015, 01:36 PM
Seriously, that much difference?

I don't subscribe that there is that great a difference.

Each to their own I guess.

The Mizuno staffers Donald and CH3 play CBs not blades, If there is no difference I wonder why(?)

Hatchman
17th February 2015, 02:01 PM
Not questioning that there is a difference.

I don't subscribe to the claim in that big a difference in the example you gave.

Consistency in length, noticeable yes. Sideways no. A bad swing offline is a bad swing off line. GI's aren't going to influence it that much over a blade.

Scifisicko
17th February 2015, 03:22 PM
Thats one view.

I dont agree, for me sideways as much if not more than length. Blades don't resist twisting on off centre shots.

rodders
17th February 2015, 06:13 PM
What is your handicap rodders if I can ask?

Index says 7.2 but I sense its BS dowdsy.

petethepilot
17th February 2015, 06:38 PM
Index says 7.2 but I sense its BS dowdsy.

I've often said Rodders Handicap is BS! :)

CanuckDownUnder
17th February 2015, 10:05 PM
Hit them , but stuck to the MP33's. No difference in feel . Maybe lighter KBS will feel easier to hit . Won the b grade comp with these blades a few weeks back and won't go back to anything else . (When you're used to hitting 90+mph baseballs with a small wooden bat, ball striking isn't as hard as u think )

petethepilot
18th February 2015, 12:33 AM
Hit them , but stuck to the MP33's. No difference in feel . Maybe lighter KBS will feel easier to hit . Won the b grade comp with these blades a few weeks back and won't go back to anything else . (When you're used to hitting 90+mph baseballs with a small wooden bat, ball striking isn't as hard as u think )

Hitting the balls is not hard Canuck...but the chewin tobacco is!!!

CanuckDownUnder
18th February 2015, 05:47 AM
How you been Pete? Been a while . Still out in Tas ?

petethepilot
18th February 2015, 10:25 AM
Still in Tas CDU.
Life is good but had a long term shoulder injury that is slowing the golf down!
Hope things are good on the Goldy for you!

Catch up one day.

Oldplayer
18th February 2015, 03:41 PM
Picked up a combo set of mp4's and 54's.Played a couple of rounds and find that the mp4's are very manageable in the 8-pw. No surprise there i suppose.
Was genuinely surprised at how good the 54's are in 4-7 iron. They set up well, nice headsize and not a lot of offset and very sweet and easy to hit. I think the 4's transition in the short irons is better than the full 54 set. Mizuno short irons (as well as many Japanese sets) get a little big in the short irons and the 4's are a little better in that regard. I think the combo is ideal and would recommend going that way.

CanuckDownUnder
26th February 2015, 09:58 AM
Still in Tas CDU.Life is good but had a long term shoulder injury that is slowing the golf down!Hope things are good on the Goldy for you!Catch up one day.Shoulders take a bit . Had one years ago . The goldy is good. Yes catch up soon . A birthday is coming this year and want to play/stay down your way