PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 9th February

dunteachin
11th February 2015, 04:10 PM
26 points (12/14) - one 3 pointer, one 3 putt, no misses - played and putted mediocre all day

oops - got the date wrong

coalesce
11th February 2015, 04:55 PM
oops - got the date wrong

ftfy :)

billp
11th February 2015, 07:22 PM
39 points today in the carbrook monthly mug, including 2 wipes. Starting to drive the ball better and hopefully the cap starts heading the right way. The wiped holes were from the dreaded push drive that I have been battling.

oldracer
12th February 2015, 10:10 AM
39 points today in the carbrook monthly mug, including 2 wipes. Starting to drive the ball better and hopefully the cap starts heading the right way. The wiped holes were from the dreaded push drive that I have been battling.
nice result BP

billp
12th February 2015, 10:44 AM
Was good enough for 2nd so I am happy.

Tiezto
12th February 2015, 04:49 PM
Had 37 Points today at Lismore. 18 -19 = 37 (77 Hits)- 6 x F'ing 1 pointers, a 3 putt and 3 birdies. A round that could have been. Didnt hit enough GIR.

jimandr
13th February 2015, 04:35 PM
A disappointing 30 points at Ballina today. Conditions weren't easy, with soft fairways, deep rough and a bit of breeze, but I cannot blame any of those things for my poor score.

I hit a lot of good shots, and my swing felt good, but I sometimes followed up a good shot with a bad one, and my short game was off, so the recoveries from bad shots weren't happening.

There is always next week.

PeteyD
14th February 2015, 12:37 PM
90/72 today. Rocked up expecting a lazy stab round and found out it was round 2 of the summer cup, off the plates stroke. Yah!

Couldn't find a fairway on the front (back 9 starting on 10) and chopped it up horrible for 48, finally getting a par on the 18th. Started the front bogey double, and then suddenly golf was easy again. 3 over on the last 7 to finish with 42 on the front, including a double on 9 when I took the water on and lost. Actually happy at the end of the round! Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Did put the Fuji shafts into the old faithful Burner Forged heads. Wish I had done that earlier, very nice. VG3's and steelfibres probably up for sale soon.

oldracer
14th February 2015, 01:53 PM
90/72 today. Rocked up expecting a lazy stab round and found out it was round 2 of the summer cup, off the plates stroke. Yah!

Couldn't find a fairway on the front (back 9 starting on 10) and chopped it up horrible for 48, finally getting a par on the 18th. Started the front bogey double, and then suddenly golf was easy again. 3 over on the last 7 to finish with 42 on the front, including a double on 9 when I took the water on and lost. Actually happy at the end of the round! Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Did put the Fuji shafts into the old faithful Burner Forged heads. Wish I had done that earlier, very nice. VG3's and steelfibres probably up for sale soon.you must still be tired, there's no way you couldn't find fairways!!!!!!

PeteyD
14th February 2015, 02:10 PM
Only hit 15 and 18 on the back. And 5 and 7 on the front. So 4 from 14. Pretty crap by ny standards

LeftyHoges
14th February 2015, 03:55 PM
First round of clubbies, opened with a 71 off the bat. An eagle, 3 birdies, and 4 bogeys ALL FROM ****ING 3-PUTTS!!!!

Bogeyed the first, eagled the third, bogeyed 5 and 7, turning in 37. Bogeyed 12 to be 2 over before finally making some putts coming home, birdieing 13, 15 and 16 for a 34 back nine.

Missed 5 footers for birdie on 9 and 17.

13 / 14 Fairways
14 / 18 GIR
31 putts

Jarro
14th February 2015, 03:56 PM
First round of clubbies, opened with a 71 off the bat. An eagle, 3 birdies, and 4 bogeys ALL FROM ****ING 3-PUTTS!!!!

Bogeyed the first, eagled the third, bogeyed 5 and 7, turning in 37. Bogeyed 12 to be 2 over before finally making some putts coming home, birdieing 13, 15 and 16.

Shooting Lefty ..... nice 👍

LeftyHoges
14th February 2015, 04:00 PM
Shooting Lefty ..... nice [emoji106]

Cheers Jarro, one of those rounds that should've been 67, could've been 77, so happy enough to split the difference.

Ferrins
14th February 2015, 04:32 PM
First comp for 5 months, and chopped it big time. My playing partner is 83yrs old and beats me of the stick.

Dcanto
14th February 2015, 04:53 PM
Cheers Jarro, one of those rounds that should've been 67, could've been 77, so happy enough to split the difference. Well done Lefty. Maybe you should have grabbed the Lajosi at the Vic Champs? ;)

PeteyD
14th February 2015, 04:53 PM
Nice start Lefty!

LeftyHoges
14th February 2015, 04:55 PM
Nice start Lefty!

Well done Lefty. Maybe you should have grabbed the Lajosi at the Vic Champs? ;)

Cheers boys, and yeah, definitely couldn't have hurt. :(

mrbluu
14th February 2015, 05:06 PM

Bogeyed the first, eagled the third, bogeyed 5 and 7, turning in 37. Bogeyed 12 to be 2 over before finally making some putts coming home, birdieing 13, 15 and 16 for a 34 back nine.

13 / 14 Fairways
14 / 18 GIR
31 putts
You are playing well mate keep it going!!!

G.K
14th February 2015, 05:35 PM
Back to reality for me today.

93/80 in a stroke round.
6 pars
6 bogeys
The rest was utter tripe

Tough conditions with strong winds gusting up to about 30-40 knots at times from about the 4th hole onwards. Couldn't sink any putts today. Basically threw the round out the window on the par 4 6th after I pushed my approach into the boonge short right of the green. Found the ball. Should have taken an unplayable but no, I decided to have two hacks at it first before then taking an unplayable. Walked off with a 9. Quickly backed that up with a double on the following par 3. At this point I had visions of raising the bat but that didn't happen so all is good!

highballin
14th February 2015, 06:10 PM
Been a big couple of days for me.

Friday Grange East Course Race to Bonville 36 pts 84 off the stick probably the best I have driven the ball. Bladed out of 3 bunkers cost me doubles 34 putts. 1x3 putt. Good enough to win B Grade.

Today stroke at the Pat 78 nett 67 good enough to win a ball! Followed up yesterday's form with more of the same. Missed 3 fairways all day. 3rd hole pulled drive into hazard dropped ball 140 out 7 iron 2ft par thanks for coming.
Sunk one putt longer than 4ft all day. Putting for birdies most of the day and had none. At least four of the birdie putts inside 10ft.
Back nine missed no fairways missed one GIR. 39front 39back. 35 putts with customary 3puttt thrown in.

Couple of milestones for me breaking 80 first time this time playing. G.A. to single figures 9.4

Next one is to not have a single 3putt!

timah!
14th February 2015, 06:42 PM
Hi, my name is Tim and I occasionally play golf.

Played Windaroo with a mate today, and it's usually never a good sign to put your first over the fence into the houses.

But, managed to find a driver swing, made a few pats and finished with 35 points which is decent enough for me, especially given my last round was Jan 2. Happy days, but most importantly it was nice to just get out.

dunteachin
14th February 2015, 07:33 PM
32 points (18/14) - nothing special, one miss and one 3-putt - not sure what's worse, the crap bunkers here or my crap bunker technique - would have been okay with my gross score a month ago but getting picky now my hcap has dropped - best thing about the round was the Coronas on the back nine

cantchip
14th February 2015, 09:12 PM
29 points 16/13. Bit wet today which made things tough. Just need to get better limiting the damage on the bad holes. Too many doubles or worse (6 today).

LeftyHoges
14th February 2015, 10:45 PM
BOOYAH!!!

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/14/907259db3828328e64595e5b57d3473a.jpg

And a lead of 4 in the clubbies.

Good day.

G.K
14th February 2015, 10:57 PM
BOOYAH!!!

And a lead of 4 in the clubbies.

Good day.

Awesome! Some nice consistent scoring there.

Thanks to a DSR of 74, my round today was flagged as a played to 14.4 which has now dropped me to 11.1, which is almost the same as 1.1 isn't it? :wink:

I'll race ya. See if I can get to 10 before you get to scratch.

LeftyHoges
14th February 2015, 11:17 PM
Awesome! Some nice consistent scoring there.

Thanks to a DSR of 74, my round today was flagged as a played to 14.4 which has now dropped me to 11.1, which is almost the same as 1.1 isn't it? :wink:

I'll race ya. See if I can get to 10 before you get to scratch.

I concede. ;)

AlexMc
14th February 2015, 11:49 PM
Individual Stableford - 79 (42/37) off the stick for 41 (18/23) points. 10/13 fairways, 30 putts. No doubles, no three putts.

46 points won B Grade. I won a ball...

Hatchman
15th February 2015, 12:38 AM
Final Qualifying Round for Race to Bonville at Grange East Friday.

Shot gun start starting on the 2nd hole. Blocked driver through the fairway ending up just short of being un-playable in big bushes. Couldn't get at pin from position so hit 8iron to safe bail out on LHS off green hoping to be able to make an up and down. Chip a great chip that rolls up and disappears in the hole :D.
150m par 3 is next with a wall of sand front and right. Hit solid 6iron onto green 30+ feet short. Roll the putt at good speed and it comes back from outside the RHS right into the heart of the hole. Birdie, birdie start, doesn't get much better than that. Play the remaining holes on the nine with a variety of good and not so good shots. Make some very good up and downs to save pars along way to be 1 over after 8.
Make two up and down pars and a bogey form centre of fairway in the next 3. Shank 7 iron from center of fairway on 13 plugging it on another holes bunker. only get it out half way than play a great flop shot to a tight pin for tap in bogey. Make a mixture of bogeys and pars including a 3 jiggle to be 5 over on the back standing on the 18th. Massive pulled drive that ends up safe of the back of the 12 green. Hit 5 wood back into prime spot on correct fair and knock the 80m wedge to 8 foot and hole the putt.
One hole to play (the 1st) and needing a birdie to complete a streak of 4 in row doesn't happen after hitting a good drive on the tree line down the LHS that is the only one for the day that doesn't fade back :roll: resulting in a very restricted swing. Scramble a bogey 5 in the end to finish 6 over breaking 80 for the 1st time on any of the 18's at Grange in over 20 games \\:D/

37pts ended up being good enough to win A Grade.
78/71_37pts with a DSR of 75
8/14 effective drives
5/18 greens in reg
35.8% up and down Par saves
24 putts
3 birdies, 1 double & 1 3 jiggle

Par comp at Kapunda Saturday

Start off pars on 3 of the first 4 (I get shots on 3 of these holes). Drop one on both par 3's and pick up a birdie from 3 foot on the 6th. Take the turn two over and +1 with a few putts that looked in only to wobble off the line missing along the way.

Par the first 4 on the second nine before dropping one on the next 2 including another par 3. Stand on the short par 5 16th with a strong wind blowing right to left. Hit a block cut that catches the wind which looks like it will certainly clear the pines and into the race track. Call a provisional and nut that right down the center. Find the first one in bounds in the row of pines with a small pine restricting the swing on the best escape route. Change angles and go the risky option more forward and pull the shot perfectly to clear the trees. Still 200m out into the strong win a 3 wood is nutted off the bare hard pan lie finishing green high on the LHS. Up and down is made to save a par form what was looking like would be a wipe.
Lip out birdie putt in the 17th from 10 foot and drive the green on the par 4 18th. Eagle putt catches a small piece of the hole and slides by to finish with easy birdie and +2 on the back nine.

Gamed the Cobra Mild Steels for the first time with the mystery suspected x-stiff shafts. They felt really good and very hard to tell is better than the Tour Model II's. Will be gaming these again next game and now have the dilemma about re-shafting them with the Shimada's on the way from Perci which is what I was intending to do.

Felt like I putted really well without the rewards with a number of great looking putts tracking the hole only to wander off. The greens are slow and soft AMT so they don't get hammered by the heat at this time of year which is not making them roll true like they do in winter.

Won the A Grade while the handicap burglars battled it out in the B grade with a heap of +5's

3 over 76/70 for +3
8/15 effective drives
10/18 greens in reg
37.5% up and down par saves
31 putts
2 birdies and no blemishes

oldracer
15th February 2015, 12:13 PM
Back to reality for me today.

93/80 in a stroke round.
6 pars
6 bogeys
The rest was utter tripe

Tough conditions with strong winds gusting up to about 30-40 knots at times from about the 4th hole onwards. Couldn't sink any putts today. Basically threw the round out the window on the par 4 6th after I pushed my approach into the boonge short right of the green. Found the ball. Should have taken an unplayable but no, I decided to have two hacks at it first before then taking an unplayable. Walked off with a 9. Quickly backed that up with a double on the following par 3. At this point I had visions of raising the bat but that didn't happen so all is good!so you are human!!!!

WBennett
15th February 2015, 12:50 PM
Sorry Old Racer, the form came 8 days too late.

38 points today after starting 1 1 1, then 2 wipes later in the round.

Your home dirt pile is easy after a trip away!

oldracer
15th February 2015, 01:34 PM
Sorry Old Racer, the form came 8 days too late.

38 points today after starting 1 1 1, then 2 wipes later in the round.

Your home dirt pile is easy after a trip away!all good mate, happily ride that horse again next trip, was fun

benno_r
15th February 2015, 05:05 PM
Played a Par round at Darwin today. Rained all night so course was super boggy, bunkers full of water and not GUR, and greens were bumpy and furry.

Didn't start too well, -3 through 4, but a run of pars got me back to even at the turn. Back nine was similar story, but could only manage 1 plus to finish @ -2.

Drove well today, really enjoyed the tour blue in the covert. Iron play wasn't as good. Kept aiming left for my ghey fade, and kept hitting it straight or baby draws. Lost a bit of confidence with this and couldn't get a green on the back nine, though missed 4 or 5 by a couple of meters or less.

Wiped a hole trying a hero draw with shortened follow through around a tree stump - succeeded only in knocking the ball on the head and burying it 2 inches deeper. Putter was only ok - was a massive change from the billiard tables down south.

square / -2 for -2 (88/74)
7/14 fairways
3/18 greens in reg
3 up and downs
31 (17/14) putts

nadg63
15th February 2015, 06:34 PM
The Vines, 30 pts today, 14/16, mainly down to being really crap off the tee with the driver - reasonable putting was the only thing that made the score somewhat respectable.

highballin
15th February 2015, 10:59 PM
Wiped a hole trying a hero draw

Yep yep too easy:D

LeftyHoges
16th February 2015, 03:44 PM
Played a Par round at Darwin today. Rained all night so course was super boggy, bunkers full of water and not GUR, and greens were bumpy and furry.

Didn't start too well, -3 through 4, but a run of pars got me back to even at the turn. Back nine was similar story, but could only manage 1 plus to finish @ -2.

Drove well today, really enjoyed the tour blue in the covert. Iron play wasn't as good. Kept aiming left for my ghey fade, and kept hitting it straight or baby draws. Lost a bit of confidence with this and couldn't get a green on the back nine, though missed 4 or 5 by a couple of meters or less.

Wiped a hole trying a hero draw with shortened follow through around a tree stump - succeeded only in knocking the ball on the head and burying it 2 inches deeper. Putter was only ok - was a massive change from the billiard tables down south.

square / -2 for -2 (88/74)
7/14 fairways
3/18 greens in reg
3 up and downs
31 (17/14) putts

Did you not learn your lesson from the 3rd at Latrobe?

benno_r
17th February 2015, 06:19 AM
Did you not learn your lesson from the 3rd at Latrobe?
That draws are over rated? Obviously not!! [emoji3]

Trento
17th February 2015, 08:35 AM
Played at Surfers Paradise Golf Club on Saturday, the fairways are mint, greens good but a bit of common couch in them.
Had 77-- 36 points
Lost OCB
the wind did blow a bit on Saturday but was very suprised 36 pts won A grade.
Is anyone on here a member there?