PDA

View Full Version : Golf in Queenstown - NZ Open

Dangals
9th February 2015, 12:22 PM
So just found out I have won a spot in the NZOpen Pro-am event which plays at both Millbrook and The Hills in Queenstown next month. Their Pro-am is cool in that the ams get to play both Thu/Fri and then the top 40 teams play Saturday with the top 10 playing on the Sunday. Should I not make it to the weekend got tickets into the corporate box to watch!! Will be intersting as you have some famous cricketers playing like Ponting, Warne, Lara, Botham etc...

Now I get to play a practice round at either course and I am looking for thoughts from others that have played both courses as to which one I would be better off playing this practice round at. My initial investigations point me to the Hills but just not certain...

mrbluu
9th February 2015, 12:26 PM
Well done mate!!

Dangals
9th February 2015, 12:32 PM
Well done mate!!

thanks mate - just found out this morning and Im still high on excitement. Waiting to hear back from my plus 1 but not sure if he will be able to go just yet.

Shreko
9th February 2015, 12:34 PM
thanks mate - just found out this morning and Im still high on excitement. Waiting to hear back from my plus 1 but not sure if he will be able to go just yet.

I am sure there are plenty of +1's on the forum ready to go!!!:razz: Congrats on the prize win

PerryGroves
9th February 2015, 01:04 PM
I entered that one as well, congrats Dangals. I indicated that I had 4 hungry children and a crop in the field but looks like your story was better. Have fun, its a cracking place.

I haven't played The Hills but a few mates have ($500 for walk ons, which discourages most), they liked it. Any muppet can play Millbrook.

Let us know all the details.

Dangals
9th February 2015, 01:15 PM
Thanks Shreko

Good to know about the difference between the Hills and Millbrook PG, looks like my gut instincts were correct. Will certainly report back when I return.

PerryGroves
9th February 2015, 01:40 PM
How does the accom work mate? The Hills and Millbrook are both out near Arrowtown, so presume you will be out there, its 20 odd kms from Queenstown. Might be worth staying in town for a couple of nights, either side of the pro am. Try Jacks or Kelvin Heights if you need another warm up round, alternatively there are about 100 bars so the golf is redundant.

Dangals
9th February 2015, 01:45 PM
pretty sure the accom is at the Hilton in Queenstown for the entire stay with transfers to the courses included for practice round and tournament days so for anything else we would probably just have to hire a car I guess.

Been to Queenstown before in the winter time and looking forward to going back.

peter_rs
9th February 2015, 04:02 PM
Hills no question

Coldtopper
9th February 2015, 08:13 PM
Hills as Millbrook is just an ordinary resort course. Id be spewing there isn't and white shit on the mountains but well done. Catching up with Shane is worth it a pissa of a man providing the mrs isnt about.

Lucasto23
10th February 2015, 10:00 AM
The hills as Mates who have played the event rate it very highly

Dangals
10th February 2015, 10:23 AM
Thanks boys - The hills has been locked in as the official practice round venue for the wednesday and I have been able to get onto Millbrook on either Mon or Tues anyway so will end up being able to see both courses before hand which is awesome.

matty
10th February 2015, 05:00 PM
Nice one Dan. Sounds like it will be a great experience.

Dangals
11th February 2015, 09:39 AM
Nice one Dan. Sounds like it will be a great experience.

Thanks mate - yeah it is going to be awesome. Going to be putting in some practice time between now and then so I don't look like a complete numpty