PDA

View Full Version : Re-gripping Irons

dazza99
7th February 2015, 09:42 PM
Just thought I'd ask in case anyone likes to do it.

I'm going to need to re-grip my iron set soon. 3 - PW
Anyone on here and in Brisbane do this for people? What's a decent price for some ok grips fitted?
Anyone want to quote me for re-gripping? PM if so.

Or is it best to just pop into Drummonds or GCO or the local golf club?

Thanks in advance.

Daves
7th February 2015, 10:41 PM
Where in Brisbane are you Dazza?

dazza99
7th February 2015, 10:51 PM
Must be pretty damn close to you DaveS. I'm in Redlands too.

Steve57
7th February 2015, 11:11 PM
If Daves can't do it for you dazza I can.
You source the grips you want and I will fit them.

Daves
8th February 2015, 05:49 AM
If Daves can't do it for you dazza I can.
You source the grips you want and I will fit them.
What Steve said,. I also have some grip sets. What size, grand, style are you after?

dazza99
8th February 2015, 12:15 PM
Thanks guys.

Gotta love these forums:)

I've PM'd you Dave.

Steve, if I need to get my own grips, where's the best place? I know if I get them through (say) drummonds, they include fitting. So probs easiest to go that way? Or are there places that just sell you grips?

Hatchman
8th February 2015, 12:29 PM
Thanks guys.

I've PM'd you Dave.

Steve, if I need to get my own grips, where's the best place? I know if I get them through (say) drummonds, they include fitting. So probs easiest to go that way? Or are there places that just sell you grips?

I'd be surprised if scummond wouldn't do a plain grip and a fitted price, I know mine local scummond does.

dazza99
8th February 2015, 12:33 PM
I'd be surprised if scummond wouldn't do a plain grip and a fitted price, I know mine local scummond does.

Oh, that might be the case then Hatchman. I know when I've gone in and inquired they just point and say "these for $10 per club fitted". Don't think thy've ever offered a price for grips only. Maybe they do.

Steve57
8th February 2015, 01:23 PM
Thanks guys.

I've PM'd you Dave.

Locally I would use either Drummonds or Golf World, but if you can wait for someone to ship them I would get them off Ebay.
I won't be able to do them until the week of the 16th.

AlexMc
10th February 2015, 06:12 PM
I got some Pure grips off a U.S. seller on eBay last week - cost about $80 (AUD) for 13 grips, less than a week to arrive.

talbo
10th February 2015, 09:02 PM
Problem I've had with drummond is they can't always align the grip correctly! Took one back to get another layer of tape added and they said to me..... 'Woah, who put this one on for you'?