PDA

View Full Version : Japan manufacturers endorse non-conforming clubs

FuzzyJuzzy
3rd February 2015, 08:24 PM
What do you blokes make of this:

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2015/02/japan-manufacturers-endorse-no.html

markTHEblake
3rd February 2015, 08:36 PM
It's against the rules to use them in any competition, Anyone who does is a blatant cheat no different to a magic pencil or foot wedger.

live4golf
3rd February 2015, 08:37 PM
More people going JDM...

talbo
3rd February 2015, 08:40 PM
I don't see the point, your SC will never be legit but if they can sleep at night each to their own!

Daves
3rd February 2015, 08:45 PM
Plenty of Asian Golfers that only ever hit on Driving ranges. There has been a market for non conforming clubs in Asia for a long time, TM has been threatening to start selling non conforming clubs for a while,

Hatchman
3rd February 2015, 08:46 PM
Could get rather messy a club level when this stuff gets into the second hand market and people have no idea they are buying no-conforming gear.
A vast majority at club level wouldn't have a clue what is what and what's conforming and non-conforming.
Non-conforming clubs have been around for awhile now but momentum is growing for more.

PeteyD
3rd February 2015, 08:48 PM
Plenty of non conorming drivers in the JDM market. They usually say so on them.

Coldtopper
3rd February 2015, 09:06 PM
nothing about jdm chippers ? I wouldn't think it would make any difference! A few extra yards or a ball stopping on dime isnt going to do much to the average scorecard if used the average golfer.
Asia - Japan in particular has lots of golfers who seldom see a course.

Yossarian
3rd February 2015, 09:19 PM
My JDM underwear isn't size conforming.

3Puttpete
3rd February 2015, 11:31 PM
You could use the non conforming clubs for big hole golf

Hatchman
4th February 2015, 12:17 AM
My JDM underwear isn't size conforming.

Stop shopping in the kids section :razz:

Oldplayer
10th February 2015, 11:17 AM
Could get rather messy a club level when this stuff gets into the second hand market and people have no idea they are buying no-conforming gear.
A vast majority at club level wouldn't have a clue what is what and what's conforming and non-conforming.
Non-conforming clubs have been around for awhile now but momentum is growing for more.
Very true. Most club players are not well educated on this (read most golfers aren't gear nuts and ho's).
I have informed two players at my club, one a club champion, that the original eye 2's are not legal under the R&A rules when I saw them in their bags.