PDA

View Full Version : Driver review website?

Flowergirl
15th March 2006, 10:04 PM
Any of you guys know a website that reviews drivers. Sorta thinking of getting a new driver but not sure where to start.

markTHEblake
15th March 2006, 10:13 PM
www.ozgolf.net/forums/showbull****.php

jimandr
15th March 2006, 10:15 PM
Search for 'golf club review' on google and you'll get at least two sites that collect reviews from real golfers (or at least people who appear to be real golfers without a vested interest in writing a glowing review).

You will also be interested in the new edition of Australian Golf Digest, which not only has their annual 'hot list' of drivers, but even splits their drivers into categories, including womens. It's generally the only edition of the year worth buying.

amanda
16th March 2006, 08:21 AM
FG - did Ben fit you with a driver when you bought the irons & hybrid? Might be worth going back for a visit.

Bruce
16th March 2006, 08:45 AM
I emailed Ben yesterday. He expects to have the new Spectrum releases in about a month. Go see him then.

Flowergirl
16th March 2006, 10:39 AM
Thanks guys :)

jimandr
16th March 2006, 10:11 PM
After I posted yesterday I took my own advice and did a google search.

I think this has been discussed before, but the weakness of review sites seems to be that every club tested gets at least 4 stars. Perhaps nobody who buys a new driver wants to admit they bought a dud, so the only submissions they get are from people who love their new buy.

Bruce
17th March 2006, 09:28 AM
That is not just confined to golf club testing, but there is a secondary component to it. The no star or 1 star review. Internet reviews are either red hot or ice cold. Love it, or hate it. The best driver in the history of the universe that hits 20m longer than anything ever, or a p.o.s. that will give you syphillis if you play it.